• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Tourney Results (Host: The Greater Leon 2/21/09 Camarillo CA

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed it as well... It was great to see all of you again.
Thanks to Brandon for hosting.. and there were some awesome games. cant wait to see em again

here are the SSB64 Tournament Results

DOUBLES

1. Pokerape....................(Ismokeherbz + Lovage)
2. Isai's Coke Buddies.........(Rufiooo + Christos)
3. The Gold Fish................(Gannon + Robert)
4. Super Rad Bomb Squad....(Benito + Evan)

Singles

1. IsmokeHerbz
2. Christos
3. Robert
4. Srbs/evenmoregay
5. Rufiooo
5. Lovage
7. Gannon
7. Dylan
9. MiketheMike
9. SrbsBurrito
9. Di Masi
9. The Greater Leon

Videos are coming soon........

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
It was really good. But at this tourney it showed how there needs to be some rules on stalling. It can totally ruin a game. Some people take advantage of this.

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
haha... when you see the videos of Robert (the guy who places 3rd) you'll see what hes talking about.
I already thought there was rules to playing like that, but Lovage said no and it was his tourny. I would give a warning of stalling/camping then if it happened again I would simply disqualify the player. That was freakin ridiculous.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
haha... when you see the videos of Robert (the guy who places 3rd) you'll see what hes talking about.
I already thought there was rules to playing like that, but Lovage said no and it was his tourny. I would give a warning of stalling/camping then if it happened again I would simply disqualify the player. That was freakin ridiculous.
You mean, like hidding on Hyrule's **** tent, or staying on the edge waiting? Or massive camping?

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
Massive camping, constant evading, NEVER on offense. and if you didnt attack hed would just go to the end of the stage and camp/taunt and wait till you did. There was a point in the match when evan and him were playing, evan said **** this im not gonna keep chasing you and waited for him. they stayed on opposite ends for like 8 mins or some absurb amount of time. Evan ended up practicing moves instead and robert still didnt attack.

It was pretty wack. Robert was a cool guy, but I would never want to play smash with him after those matches at least in a tourny match. Cause I played a couple friendlies with him before the tournament started and it wasnt bad. But during tourny matches.... mannn. He even admitted that it was a shiity way of playing but he said that the only way he plays. Lovage forfeited his match against him cause it was too much.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Yea dude that camping crap was BS. If something like that was pulled off at our tourney he'd have been long gone.

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
I thought papa was a good guy. But was by far worst smash player ever. Sad to see someone like him get 3rd. I never had played such a gay camper player in my life. The video of me and him on sector z is a must see. That kinda stuff should literally not be allowed.

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
I thought papa was a good guy. But was by far worst smash player ever. Sad to see someone like him get 3rd. I never had played such a gay camper player in my life.
I agree 'cool guy, lame smasher'

The video of me and him on sector z is a must see. That kinda stuff should literally not be allowed.
I cant even watch all of it in one sitting its so horrible...

Although, you should have never even played on Sector Z to begin with..
Look at how you lost your last stock to top it off haha pretty wack :ohwell:

Edit:
Yes, they used a capture card with a splitter. Not sure where the static came from, but its only on the right speaker on a lot of the matches so if he made it only left/mono it might fix the sound.
Thats weird cause I remember you changing it to mono and Sheen fixing the wires.
But anyway it was awesome kickin it bro. Sorry we had to jam out early, but we werent sure when you were coming back. We were looking for you at In&Out but oscar told us you went up to Santa Barbara and we figured it might take awhile, But next time..

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
Thats the problem, i didnt know he played like that. So i picked sector z. If he had gone done to the fin, i would have ***** the **** out of him. I just wish i had gotten 3rd place instead of him lol.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I thought papa was a good guy. But was by far worst smash player ever. Sad to see someone like him get 3rd.
That's pretty counter-intuitive, what you just said there.

You're using a very subjective definition of "good" smashing. Being bad and being boring are not the same, assuming your level is measured by how much you win against others.

Obviously now you guys know to have bans of insane camping (I'm kind of scared to see how bad it was on Sector Z, once that video is ready), but really, was he THAT incredibly difficult to bait out of his camping? I find that when people camp in 64 or Melee they only just get punished due to the aggressive rewarding nature of this game. And if he's Falcon, you can get a few good hits in and then combo the crap outta him...

I'll wait for the video, though, before I make any final judgment or anything

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ah so robert is Papa? LOL yeah that falcon style really must piss anyones off... Camping and surprise fast attack to combo... really scrubby stuff and if you get Mario or Pikachu you can destroy him
And Daedatheus, If you watch the videos, you'll see that hes not good, hes just smart and cheap

LegendOfZelda

Smash Apprentice
What camping? I don't see any camping. =/
Camping is lame and for Brawl. This is the only reason I would want Sector Z banned in a tourney. The lasers are pretty lame, but I think they're pretty predictable...

On a side note, I'm looking forward to finally playing some of you guys once I have enough money to drive that far =]

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
That's pretty counter-intuitive, what you just said there.

You're using a very subjective definition of "good" smashing. Being bad and being boring are not the same, assuming your level is measured by how much you win against others.

but really, was he THAT incredibly difficult to bait out of his camping?

I'll wait for the video, though, before I make any final judgment or anything
Im pretty sure Evan meant he was a good guy in terms of easy to get a long with in person. But when it came to playing smash, he was really lame to play. Cause thats what I thought about him.

He was pretty bad man.. you couldnt bait him at all cause he didnt care how long it took. being there and watching against others.. I would easily assume he had no problem waiting all day.

and which video are you waiting for? cause the sector z one is already up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Yorf51PiI
watch at the 5 min mark (especially at 5:14)

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Okay. Admittedly, that was painful to watch.

But his tactic was the same all the time. Dashdance grab.
I've never played this guy so I'll refrain from saying "a camper's game falls apart if you are fast and keep the pressure on him. No one has a reaction speed fast enough to break out of an action their brain is committed to when they are pressured heavily by an offensive opponent who plays it smart, eventually the camper will fall. Also, projectiles destroy a camper. Obviously Fox's SHDL would be the best in this case, or fireballs, but even something seemingly useless like Pikachu's B move can be used in a shorthop, followed up by a dashgrab(if he shields) or a uair (if he shorthops or fullhops) which Falcon has no chance in hell of outprioritizing. If Falcon runs all the way to the edge of the stage to avoid the projectile, he can now more easily be pressured, maybe even into a quick gimp with no space to do any stupid dashdance shenanigans."

Oh crap I just said it.
Anyway like I said I've never played the guy so I don't know if my points are valid here, but I would never want to. That was terrible to watch and probably agonizing to play

EDIT: just watched some more papa vs. evan videos, admittedly evan's pikachu is not that good, he misses out on a LOT of punishing opportunities and just makes some really foolish mistakes

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is Papas Falcons isn't all that bad really, so I wonder why he b.itches out in game play?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You guys think Papa is "noobin" out? Why didnt that pika pressure him? he let him run away....

Pikachu is not slow, and has high priority...I blame the pikachu for this not the falcon....

How about... Short hop B, to....ANYTHING? if falcon jumps over the bolt, follow with Bair or Uair...if he gets hit...hit him again...if he pokes it with an attack, he is left open.

Evan needs to be an Offensive Overwhelmer!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
A decently skilled campy falcon can be annoying and hard to beat if you're not used to it.

Its like he is used to grabspam and get you in surprise.... then he does the falcon combo and youre up in % already.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
A decently skilled campy falcon can be annoying and hard to beat if you're not used to it.

Its like he is used to grabspam and get you in surprise.... then he does the falcon combo and youre up in % already.
But nothing could ever beat a

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Ok I watched the video more closely and quite honestly these are very low players, neither of them are any good. Not only does it not help that you let one of the most broken stages allowed as a legal stage, but this game can seem broken at the very noob low levels, such like the falcon and pikachu in the video. For low level players that can't tech, Ness or samus dair-ing over and over onto the ground can seem like a ******** broken tactic that deserves banning.

Next time, don't allow sector Z. Period.

D

Deleted member

Don't counterpick Sector Z if your opponent's falcon you're basically giving him his best stage

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Thank GOD no one recorded me or else I'd be the laughing stock of the Smashboards. .

. . . . .which would absolutely have no affect on my life whatsoever.

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
Fireblaster i was the pika in that video. And i would like to play you. And see how that works out ROFLMYCOPTER. But really, i didnt know that people would be so cheap on sector z. Ne ways i would prolly **** the **** out of you K THX BAI UPPERCUT NO RE DOUBLE KILL STFU SHHTTTT

Top Bottom