• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

SandWraith

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I woulda come had I been around. P.S. Thanks for not mentioning me in the WashU crew, Toga. >_<

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Pyrotek, just introduce yourself next time man! We would've been happy to give you tips if you just ask lol!

No, I wasn't the one that won, that was Toga. And he also used the crazy Link in the finals.... I got served hard that game haha.

Also, Muba, I'm sure if you talked to the guys there about holding a big tourney (with out of staters and whatnot) I don't doubt they'd let you handle running most of the show. Like I said, they just want to have some fun and make some money. I think they took a lot out of our pot (like 40+ percent), but there were only 12 people there, so they had to make it profitable. If we start getting like 30+ there, I'm sure we can see about what the percentage of their take would be. And it'd probably be considerably lower.

Anyway, it was cool. Definitely if its a monthly thing on Sundays, I will be at every one ^_^
I was thinking about that, but I'm just not used to people being nice. >_> The tournament was full of friendly people...I'll be sure to come over the next tournament, which I'll probably come to. ^.^

And for all the people that didn't come because of weather...the roads around my area were just fine. It may have been different for different places though.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
zig, the store is literally right next to six flags. Its a nice store, decent size too.

Deku, Toga played a bunch of characters vs me. he just happened to use Link in the last match and destroyed me.

pyro, lol. it was probably hard to ask us anyway, cuz we wanted to play against each other and get some good practice. I rarely get to play people better than me, so I wanted to get in as many games as possible. But yeah, just ask next time and most of us would be glad to teach.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Churches are cheap and everyone hosts there...SMYM was at a church b/c they're not GREEDY like all those other places.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
The eureka tournament went all right. It's unfortunate that the weather hurt the final turnout. Mostly kids from the immediate area who hadn't played much smash were contenders, save PK, his friend, and one or two others. I BBgames' bimonthly tourneys develop into something awesome. PK and I need some real competition. Lixi, Andy, geno, wale and more should come to the next (zig?).

Hope to see more next time.

Toga

p.s. if anyone wants to smash in the st louis area tomorrow (monday) give me a reply or IM at lest we contrive.
Lol, Chris actually posted on the boards!!!!

He almost never uses link BTW deku :p prolly just caught him messing around.

anyway, id come to the next one for sure, but I need to know about these ASAP or i'll get stuck working again :(

If anyone finds out anything about the next one, please let me know.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yo someone get on scheduling that next st louis tourney. chop chop haha

no but really wasnt there going to be something in february?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Yeah there was one but I thought MuBa moved it to March because SMYM was supposed to be that same weekend?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
SMYM7 is in march... so the stl tourney should be in february!

anyway im thinking of holding a tournament or just a smashfest here in my hometown. I could get my church and supposedly they are cheap and not greedy haha or just at my house...

just wondering if there would be interest for something like that.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Id be interested :)

I havent gotten to play much smash lately.
If you need any help setting something up im willing to lend a hand.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
mommy aints gots to know about it...

it would probably just be a smashfest 5 dollar entry kinda thing at my house..
but yeah i would definitly like the practice

need more people tho!!

MuBa

Smash Lord
As long as I don't get clobbered by work, then I'd be good to go for sure. And as for the smash tournament we're gonna host...we're still deciding on the dates and location cuz it looks like SMYM's going to take more priority over this.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Assuming the weather doesn't 4-stock me again I'm sure I could make a tourney Deku.
Friggin' ice storm. x_x

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Guys...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2079113&posted=1#post2079113

This is very important! St.Louis could host a major midwest circuit tourny, we just have to set it up. If you arent sure what a midwest circuit tourny is, think Smym or fob. Usually tournies with upwards of 100 people!

So I need to talk to Muba about this. If we can find a venue, the kishes would definately help us out from there with making this happen.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Excellent idea zig!! We should become part of the circuit. We would have to start planning for that ASAP though.

the 3 main factors we should be disscussing are

1.) Location
2.) How will we fund this
3.) Houseing

If it is indeed part of the midwest circuit, we will need houseing. I dont think ill be able to do it again, and definitely dont have the room.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Excellent idea zig!! We should become part of the circuit. We would have to start planning for that ASAP though.

the 3 main factors we should be disscussing are

1.) Location
2.) How will we fund this
3.) Houseing

Funding: The way all the other circuits do it is they take five dollars from everyone to help pay for the venue. Im sure if we were a circuit tourny, we'd be no different.

Housing: We're gonna need to do some fancy stuff with the housing, especially if we're talking AOB's house proportions. I dont know if your dads house is open Geno (especially to more people), but its a possibility. I will talk to random if this come to fruition about housing a handful of people at his house, which would be somewhere between 30-45 minutes from wherever the tourny would probably be.

The biggest issue is location. I dont know how to go about finding a place, but I can help any of the stl regulars who generally go about finding said places. Maybe that one card place where the last STL tourny was would work? I can imagine the whole place being filled with TV's quite easily, it just would require more cooperation with the owners to take the place for a day.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
yeah, "the gathering grounds" had an upstairs too didnt it? thats prolly enough room but we should look around a bit more and see what we can get.

My dads place might be open, but Im sure I wont be able to house 40+ like AoB, maybe 20 at most.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Well in Memphis they rented out a Conference room (it was fuggin huge) at the Holiday Inn for the last INNsomnia tourney. I dunno how much that'd run, but I'm sure 80+ people all chipping in 5 bucks or so to pay for the venue would cover a whole lot, if not all, of the costs.

Try to get some price ranges for that, because they really are nice. And as far as the B&B gameshop goes, its a nice, big place, but I don't think it can fit a hundred people in there... that'd be pretty crazy.

Looking forward to any and all of this.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
personally, i preferred DK location wise vs Gathering Grounds but i dunno if we can kick all the card players out 4 the whole day...Muba and I are looking into renting a room at the Science Center...I know they've got some nice sized rooms just gotta check the rates

viperboy_74

Smash Master
st. louis smashfest huh?

get one goin sometime in february and i'll come. shoot for like the 3rd. i know it's soon, but if u guys hold a smashfest that day, i'd probly come friday night and play...

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
TJ, i'll talk to geno and see if we can work something up quickly. shouldn't be a big deal. Hell i'll hold a smashfest at my place if people will come.

Toga

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
If anyone wants to smash in the st louis area tomorrow (friday) or saturday, hit me up. I'm sure we can get 5-6 going.

Toga

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Im....not sure if I can get to your place, but I would really want to. I'll see if random might go or something
Just give me a call and we'll work something out.

314 814 2496. Where is Deku? does he want to come?

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Just give me a call and we'll work something out.

314 814 2496. Where is Deku? does he want to come?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
sry guys... i was at all state orchestra and i just got back tonight (which is saturday)

but yeah i can have a smashfest at my house either next friday or next saturday, what times would be best... also i cant really provide housing sry... i live with my mom cuz ya know, im in high school still.

but yeah any time we could plya here and if anyone has a better location i would love to go there. pm for contact infoooooo

MuBa

Smash Lord
How about we all go to DK on Friday instead? I'm sure they won't charge us for playing smash there since it's not a tournament or anything. Plus Sam and I can check out the Science Center for venue information before we get there.

Plus we can all go to Steak N' Shake after the smashfest and enjoy the night.

Also if you guys are worried those stupid YGO players, which is not likely, they won't be there at Friday, only Magic: The Gathering players. So we should be able to play smash without any trouble.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Thanks to muba for taking me to andy and toga's, and thanks to those two for having me. I had a good time, and got lots of practice in too. I hope you're prepared to fight pikachus in tourny now.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yeah, "the gathering grounds" had an upstairs too didnt it? thats prolly enough room but we should look around a bit more and see what we can get.

My dads place might be open, but Im sure I wont be able to house 40+ like AoB, maybe 20 at most.
i can also house the people that want it that would come from the north. it might not be worth much on saturday night, but it'll help a lot whichever friday night you choose...

also, to add, anything about the 3rd?

Top Bottom