• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

SamDvds

Smash Ace
hey are any of you guys comin to my place the 17th?
whats on the 17th..u mean March right?

Nevermind, I found the thread and answerd my own question...yea i can probably make it...when are we talking about having this circuit thing? Muba said Lindenwood University might be a possibility

Muba, what about Meramec cafeteria...they dont need it on a saturday..and MAYBE they'll let us use the giant projector screen 4 the final match

PLUS its got the Soul Calibur 2 machine so i can make my entry fee money back by doing MM's on SC2 >=)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
We need to figure out the venue for the circuit thing and get back to the kishes on that.

Also, are any of you going to that eureka thing? I'd go with someone else, but I wouldnt make a huge effort to go alone.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
travels

Andy and I will probably be going to the Eureka tourney - gonna tear it up. As for Viper's, I doubt we'll be trekking that far. We usually save the long journeys for the big tourneys. Can't wait to see you guys again at SMYM - aahhh

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
i'm taking you to school, toga lol

andy's going to come? that's awesome! Kiss my chances of placing goodbye haha.

Deku, Viper's is the 17th and the Eureka tourney is the 18th. I'm only gonna make the Eureka tourney... Viperboy is like 4 hours away from me I think so yeah....

I do plan on going to SMYM and INNsomnia though =)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Hey guys, the KC MO (Jesi, Darkrain etc) crew is having a smashfest this saturday around 6pm...myself and a couple others are going...is any1 else interested?

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Lookin forward to playin you guys from STL.

Btw, I don't know where everyone lives, but occasionally, I go out to visit my aunt that lives out by Lake St. Louis. If I could post ahead of time saying when I'll be in town, would anyone be willing to smash? Post either here or in my KC thread and we'll see what happens. =)

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Lookin forward to playin you guys from STL.

Btw, I don't know where everyone lives, but occasionally, I go out to visit my aunt that lives out by Lake St. Louis. If I could post ahead of time saying when I'll be in town, would anyone be willing to smash? Post either here or in my KC thread and we'll see what happens. =)
I know like at least 10 people who would be willing to smash. Just PM me when you come in town.:)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
I like reading the comments... lol, people actually taking the article seriously. *sigh*
i know and the sad part is they're all missing the point of what makes a good console. It's the actual games...graphics mean nothing with crappy games.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Anyone here willing to partner up with me at SMYM?

Also Zig, sam and I are still searching for a suitable venue. We'll be going out tomorrow to check on some more places...like Meramec...I hope j0 Mama (inside joke) is there...

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Hey MuBa I don't have a partner for SMYM. I could team with ya if you're willing to lower your standards. :)

I guess Sam can't go to SMYM? =/

MuBa

Smash Lord
Hey MuBa I don't have a partner for SMYM. I could team with ya if you're willing to lower your standards. :)

I guess Sam can't go to SMYM? =/
Sam is definitely going to SMYM it's just that she wants to do a rare all female team with Jesi, if she goes. So there's still a 50% chance of Sam and I teaming up. So if she does team up with Jesi, then you and I can do teams for SMYM.

Mune

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Mune#719
Okay, may as well post this here since it'll most likely be seen and answered to. Me and a friend need a ride to SMYM pretty badly. We both really want to go but lack a secure ride. We'd both help out with gas money, just tell us how much (be reasonable =P). PM me if you have enough free seats and want to help us out. ^_^

MuBa

Smash Lord
Okay, may as well post this here since it'll most likely be seen and answered to. Me and a friend need a ride to SMYM pretty badly. We both really want to go but lack a secure ride. We'd both help out with gas money, just tell us how much (be reasonable =P). PM me if you have enough free seats and want to help us out. ^_^
Aren't you gonna go with Zig and Random? You live not too far away from them.

Mune

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Mune#719
I have no clue if they're going or who they're taking. Random says he might go, which isn't good enough. My friends really wants to go, and I'd rather not depend on someone who might be going.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Random had thoughts on not going because of the stupid 1 person making it out of round 1 pools rule...its a pool of 8 and only 1 person makes it out...granted the top 8 players are removed from the first round pools but that still leaves ALOT of good players in pools.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Let's face it, even with two people making it out of each pool, your chances are still pretty slim. Neither Chris nor Andy made it out of pools at the last SMYM, if I remember correctly.

Note: I don't think I'll be going, and it's not because of the pools thing.

Edit: I know I haven't been playing with you guys lately, but if you all want to get together this Tuesday or Thursday, let me know.

I need to play some other people. I've only been playing with Vomjom and he keeps kicking my @$$ even though he's been retired for like 3 years. It's making me lose the will to smash.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
More than 1 person makes it out of pools guys. 1 person makes it out, then there are Wild Card spots. So if your record is good, you can still make it into brackets...

Andy and Chris didn't make it out of pools, but I did, and Andy is hella better than I am, and Chris beats me all the time lol. It kinda just depends on your pool. I took 2nd in my pool and advanced last year... and you'll be able to advance in 2nd place this year if you 2-0 everyone else. PLUS, you won't have Darkrain, Tink, Drephen... etc in your pool this time around...

Its a good system, guys. If the bracket placing is holding you from going, then you have the wrong state of mind on this.

Mune

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Mune#719
Exactly. Plus, you're supposed to play more matches this way than a normal double elimination bracket with pools. =/

Still in need of a ride... I guess I'll start bugging Zig-Zag, but he usually waits until the last minute to figure out everything. ~_~

vaderseven

Smash Apprentice
I hope some of you local stl players come over to IL on march 17th for a tourny in Collinsville.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=98035

Anyways, the tourney is gonna be full of rhythm game players that THINK they are good at smash. I really think some of the better stl players could really take in some money if they showed up.

I would love to see some of you there.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
I hope some of you local stl players come over to IL on march 17th for a tourny in Collinsville.

Anyways, the tourney is gonna be full of rhythm game players that THINK they are good at smash. I really think some of the better stl players could really take in some money if they showed up.

Sorry, I'll be practicing at Viperboy's place but thx 4 the invite

GenoBlast

Smash Ace

sry, id go for sure if there wasnt a tournament right outside St. Louis the following day.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96914

happypants

Smash Cadet
Sam is definitely going to SMYM it's just that she wants to do a rare all female team with Jesi, if she goes. So there's still a 50% chance of Sam and I teaming up. So if she does team up with Jesi, then you and I can do teams for SMYM.
whoa a female smash player? she hot?:dizzy:

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord

I think I know this place. I'll be there if I dont have to pay for the lockout...I dont even know what the cash prize is.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
What's up STL? I just wanted to drop by and see what kind of interest this sparked:

Midwest Cirque Monthlies Begin -
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2191990#post2191990

If there's enough interest, we'll add the game to the list of games that WILL be played for sure. The event hall is already rented, so we're good to go, now we just need to know who's coming. If you're interested, please, pre-register. Thanks guys.

BILL - What's up man? I know you're interested in this. Shoot me a PM or something, or just let me know on here. I don't have your # anymore, and no messenger for me.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Yo. Anybody willing to pick up forward, husband, wife from the lambert airport for smym?
lambert? i thought they were coming through chicago. If i was driving i would, which if Muba is the only other person driving up there i might have to lol...cuz we were gonna get zig and random, and Mune and his crew needed a ride also...so if i can get the car and help out with transportation i will.

Top Bottom