• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Eci4

Smash Ace
Is anyone going to tommorow's fest? it doesn't seem like it right now.... I found out its a definate I won't be going, tyler found a lan group and they are having a lan party all weekend, but him and I are introducing them to smash... hopefully it takes

4IRE (For Aiur)

Smash Cadet
I have work tomorrow from 11:15 til 5:00 so I won't be coming which means PK won't be there either unless he finds a ride. Sorry, normally I'd try to get it off but school kind of makes you broke and I want to come to the tournaments.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Updated the first post. Yeah, this is 3 days late, but I've been busy/lazy.

We also held an informal singles and doubles tourney. Note that most people left between the doubles and singles.

Results:

Teams
9/9/2006
8-man bracket

1 Team Roflcopter
2 Deepak
3 Black/White
4 The Crips
5 Zerg Rush
5 Pnes and Falco
7 Team Priest

Singles
9/9/2006
8-man bracket

1 SuperDoodleMan
2 GreenBunny
3 Blue Wolf
4 James Sparrow
5 Ryan
5 Neon

We got a much better turnout than I had expected. Hopefully everyone will come back for the tourney in two weeks.

asicx

Smash Rookie
Suggestion (which can totally be voided):

Why always do cash tournaments? Why not have a volunteer webmaster run a Minnesota SSBM ranking page (similar to www.mnstreetfighter.com) so that there is something to fight for besides money: ranking and status.

Ok, so Aarosmashguy wins (my theory :p). He gets to take home a few dollars. I'm sure he would like to get his name posted somewhere so everyone can keep track of.

My two cents...

Eci4

Smash Ace
Suggestion (which can totally be voided):

Why always do cash tournaments? Why not have a volunteer webmaster run a Minnesota SSBM ranking page (similar to www.mnstreetfighter.com) so that there is something to fight for besides money: ranking and status.

Ok, so Aarosmashguy wins (my theory :p). He gets to take home a few dollars. I'm sure he would like to get his name posted somewhere so everyone can keep track of.

My two cents...
I actually considered setting up something like this myself, but there is no reason it can't be done coinciding with cash tournies... I mean, people try harder when there is something involved...

One thing I would like to try is perhaps a low teir tourney...

edit--
also bluewolf (or anyone who went for that matter) would it be possible to find out the people that were in what teams

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
also bluewolf (or anyone who went for that matter) would it be possible to find out the people that were in what teams
These are the ones I know off the top of my head:

1 Team Roflcopter (Me and James Sparrow)
2 Deepak (Deepak, one of the RF guys)
3 Black/White (GreenBunny, Neon)
4 The Crips (SuperDoodleMan, one of the RF guys)
5 Zerg Rush (courbple, zethro)
5 Pnes and Falco (Pnes, ?)
7 Team Priest (yoshii, Ulti)

Also, stats and rankings won't motivate people to come nearly as much as money. However, I have a friend who makes and runs websites, I could probably get a ranking system and site going if enough people are interested.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Oh man, you playing Dr. Mario might give us extra incentive to go... Tyler just picked him up and needs to learn to play him better...

I might be playin a lot of gannondorf, but aaron you inspired me to play falco... ahhh now I pretty much have to be there... but since I saw you and chexr play I've picked up maybe 7 or 8 new characters

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Aaron do you think you can get me a ride up there, my friend Zeus said he might but now I'm not to sure and I have to get someone to take my shift on that saturday too. I really dont feel like opening Target up lol.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
well its chexrs dad thats driving not me =P so i guess ill ask him but probably not =(
wow we inspired you guys yay! ill be happy to do alot of friendlies with you guys with any character.
what you mean im done yoshii?
btw is teams 10$ per person or 10$ per team?

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Looks like my schedule cleared up and I should be able to make it to the tournament! Rankings would be pretty cool.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
A ranking system sounds cool, it would make it easier to place people in brackets as well, like players with a high ranking system have a profile of themselves, their highest ranking in a tourney or a recent tourney. Their main and secondaries, if they are in a crew or not. All that good stuff, and favorite quote. Ya gotta have a favorite quote lol.....not really.

Eci4

Smash Ace
basically a MN smash league? haha, but what about james sparrow and yoshii (pretty sure yoshii is WI)

.. regardless, if a MN smash league type thing comes about, I'm gonna write some articles about it (or at least tourneis in it)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
yeah i'm from WI but i'll be in MN for the entire school year, i would definitely want to be in the MN league if it happens, i think it sounds like a good idea.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Well, I dont think it sounds like that good of an idea myself for the sole reason that there are something around 14 MN smashers... I mean if we had numbers actually it would be more meaningful... regardless, it would be something cool, and it would give MN a more united smash scene

edit---

actually thinking about it we probably do have the numbers to make it work something, so yeah, i'm all for it now

James Sparrow

Smash Master
depends if people would be willing to go to WI from MN and vice versa... i'd be down with that because i will be going to tournies in both places. CC4 and HJ4 are coming up in wisconsin, so all of you MN guys should check out the threads for those.

Eci4

Smash Ace
well it could be a MN/East WI thing... I mean, its not so likely that we get smashers from anywhere else, but we do get east WI smashers in MN enough...

JS, I'ma check them out immediatly

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Yeah, MN and WI smashers seem to go together. Sounds like I might need to make it next weekend, own up on some scrubs. Weird...I feel like I'm an old schooler at this game all of a sudden.

Edit: Even though I haven't played since FC6. Change the above to scrubs owning up on me.

Neon TR-808

Smash Rookie
lol I got owned in the Singles tourney...I just wasn't on my game that day.

(Voice in the background: Stop lyin'!)

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Sgt. Turtle and I didn't make it to last saturday's fest, we're coming to the tourney though, looking forward to it.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah, MN and WI smashers seem to go together. Sounds like I might need to make it next weekend, own up on some scrubs. Weird...I feel like I'm an old schooler at this game all of a sudden.

Edit: Even though I haven't played since FC6. Change the above to scrubs owning up on me.

Hey Darkroom, if I can get up there, let's see who can shine spike who first.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
o ya disciple I hope your fox is ready by the time the tourney rolls by i wanna see it in action.

Im going with chexr for sure to this and I actually convinced my other friend Tuna to go and hes pretty good. Darkroom you got a partner yet? if not take Tunuva(just call him Tuna). You remember him right?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I dunno if he'll be ready, I plan to keep the pika in the tourney the whole time. If I must I'll use Fox and other characters.

He probably will be, but I would have to do a lot of friendlies before hand.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if he's going, I was hoping Darkroom would team with me since we never got to team at Disciple's tourney. I'm much better at life tanking now.

Please? :)

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Hmmm, seems I am in high demand. Can't imagine why. Although I am WAY better in teams than I am in singles. Dray and I actually took some games off of KoreanDJ and Marcus at FC, and came damn close to beating Watty and Drephen. I'm going to keep my options open at the moment.

Oh, and D, it's a deal. :) You playing fox more now?

Top Bottom