• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Analysis & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That is a very good point. The only thing I can think of to fix it, is to make the FD with walls stage a counterpick and not a starter.
You can counterpick starters though, so that's still not a solution. Game 1 FD, game 2 anything, game 3 Omega-with-walls is functionally equivalent to FD - anything - FD for most of the cast. Or at least a solid chunk of it.
If the whole "some omegas are towers and some aren't" thing is such a big point of contention, then we should probably just not utilize the omegas and just play vanilla FD. Legalizing them just so wall jumpers get extra recovery tricks seems to be more trouble than it's worth when I'm pretty sure said tricks aren't the primary reasons for picking FD in the first place. Otherwise, I figure the Omega choice should be up to the guy picking the Omega, since if he's picking it's his preference anyways. My 2 cents.
That's one way of avoiding the issue entirely, admittedly. Although I think it would be the height of irony if Omega forms were banned en masse.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
It seems trivial and elegant to just allow people to substitute the Omega of their choice for FD, treating them all as the same stage.

My only concern is the ones with difficult to read shadows, for Greninja. But that's a really mild concern.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I was discussing about this in another thread.
I stated there that it's viable to choose between Either Omega Form or Both Omega Forms while striking since both versions are the same core stages, but if someone just want to strike Tower or Platform Omegas they can do it too. Looks like the fairest option.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
It seems trivial and elegant to just allow people to substitute the Omega of their choice for FD, treating them all as the same stage.

My only concern is the ones with difficult to read shadows, for Greninja. But that's a really mild concern.
This to me seems like a good way of handling it. My concern is our number of stages since FD/Omega will be one stage but that isnt an issue since we seem to have enough already. This gives a nice preference option to everyone.(It also means I won't be staring at FDs background the entire time, *distracted*)

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Anyone else notice the absurdly small blast zones during a certain point of prism tower? I killed a robin at 50% with a falco upair, and died to a link fsmash at 46% on this part of the stage

mmkzer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0534-6178
Corneria
Now some of you guys may ask: Why the hell this Stage? Well, because of Ness and his PSI Magnet.
On the Stage there are two Ships firering Lasers: The big Battleship you are fighting on and, sometimes, a Jet. Ness can use the last one to heal himself. But the first one is just ridiculous.
To explain this, you have to understand how PSI Magnet works.
When a projectile (like Lasers) is shot at Ness while using PSI Magnet, he will be healed. But with this BUG, the Laser gets teleportet to your opponent and explodes.
Look here: http://smashboards.com/threads/ness-laser-or-the-psi-magnet-glitch.373516/

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
For dealing with Omega Stages, here how the subreddit handles it.

Stagelist

Starter Stages

Battlefield

Final Destination

Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages

Prism Tower

Arena Ferox

Omega Forms*

• If Final Destination is banned, the Omega Form stages are also banned. If an omega stage is counterpicked, the winner may opt to ban one of the following: Stages with Walls along the side (Ex. Boxing Ring, Green Hill Zone) or stages that characters can go underneath (Ex. Battlefield, Rainbow Road).

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
So I'm currently running with this stagelist when I do friendlies online:

FD
Battlefield
Yoshis
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Rainbow Road
Tomodachi Life

Honestly, I think this list is pretty good, the only thing I might take out is Rainbow Road, it's kind of jank. I do notice a lot of people just suicide when something other than FD or Battlefield comes up though, like they think it was an accidental pick or something.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Corneria
Now some of you guys may ask: Why the hell this Stage? Well, because of Ness and his PSI Magnet.
On the Stage there are two Ships firering Lasers: The big Battleship you are fighting on and, sometimes, a Jet. Ness can use the last one to heal himself. But the first one is just ridiculous.
To explain this, you have to understand how PSI Magnet works.
When a projectile (like Lasers) is shot at Ness while using PSI Magnet, he will be healed. But with this BUG, the Laser gets teleportet to your opponent and explodes.
Look here: http://smashboards.com/threads/ness-laser-or-the-psi-magnet-glitch.373516/
Not a bug, and not a teleport. PSI Magnet/Absorbing Vortex pull the projectile in towards Ness/Mii Gunner in a swirl (just like a shorter-ranged Gravitational Pull) before healing them. It even gives them ownership of the projectile! It's right in the description of Mii Gunner's Absorbing Vortex:

"Sucks in enemy projectiles, forming a barrier that also heals your damage."

Emphasis on the "forming a barrier" part.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Even in FD form, these stages should never be legal in tournament:
  • Brinstar
    The dark colors of this stage camouflage some projectiles, such as Duck Hunt's gunmen bullets, and even hide Greninja's shadow when using his side-B.
  • Flat Zone 2
    Same problem as above, + loads of stage hazards and walk-offs when not in FD.
  • Ballon Fight
    Aside from being an ugly layout, the FD mode also has the same above problems: colors make it very difficult to spot characters like Wire Frame Little Mac.
  • PictoChat 2
    Same as above, + loads of stage hazards when not in FD.
  • Pac-Maze
    Same as above, + large layout emphases camping
Some questionable stages to run as FD's in tournament:
  • Jungle Japes
  • Wario Ware Inc
  • Dream Land
Other than that, I find that most FD's can be divided into two categories: Block FD's (the ones with walls on the sides) and Floating FD's (the ones that are big floating platforms). We could categorize them as follows:

Floating FD shapes:
  • 3D Land
  • Rainbow Road
  • Jungle Japes
  • Spirit Train
  • Corneria
  • Prism Tower
  • Magicant
  • Gaur Plain
Blocks FD shapes:
  • Golden Plains
  • Paper Mario
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • Gerudo Valley
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Dreamland
  • Unova Pokemon League
  • Reset Bomb Forest
  • Wario Ware
  • Distant Planet
  • Tortimer Island
  • Boxing Ring
  • Living Room
  • Find Mii
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Wily Castle
Well, we could just use the floating layout for some tournaments, since Normal FD is already kinda like those, or both layouts (1 as a counter-pick maybe?). In my experience, the Block FD's give a significant boost to wall jump characters and let's characters who can wall-cling do more when edgeguarding. I don't find this to be a glaring advantage or anything game-breaking though. Banning could just work by banning all of that layout.

Based on the above, I came up with a stagelist:
Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (Normal)
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Prism Tower
  • Arena Ferox
Counterpicks
  • Floating FD's
  • Reset Bomb Forest
  • Mute City
What do you all think?

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Except when striking. When striking you should be able to pick between either or both Omega Styles. Otherwise it'd get real unbalanced, real fast.
I don't see why it'd be so unbalanced. Striking block-omegas would cost 1 strike and striking float-omegas would cost a second strike.

Floating omegas should include FD so that it's not a massive three stages of course. But two flat stages isn't so bad.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
No its unfair to make a player waste all their strikes on FD, and then be forces to go to a stage they would've striked if they didn't have to strike FD twice.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I remember now which is this tournament!

@ Volt-Ikazuchi Volt-Ikazuchi I can save some replays and record them if I think they are worth it. Don't expect much, though. :b:
Thanks. It's more of a personal curiosity anyway. I want to see how the Brazilian competitive community is playing the game.
Of course, it could also shed some light on the ruleset issues we're having, and more data is always good.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay guys, I'm a TO on the /r/smashbros tournament team so I'm here to talk about what has been happening there.

Right now our stagelist looks like this:

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
Arena Ferox
Prism Tower

I'm not happy with it, but apparently lots of players have complained a ton about every other counterpick stage we've had so it looks like I don't really have any other options. I can't host things no one will come to even if I don't agree with the rules.

However, I think some of this really is either a brutal refusal to try ANY kind of stage other then the flat/plat variety (which is probably it) or a lack of understanding of some of these stages.

I feel however, there are a few stages that deserve at least a chance in competitive play:

Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Mute City
Reset Bomb Forest
Tomidachi Life

I was considering running an event where these stages were chosen at random to test them all out thoroughly as an online subreddit event this Saturday, would anyone be willing to come and try? I'm worried if I try this no one is going to even show defeating the purpose. what do you all think?

We also plan to have our own thread with stage discussion on the subreddit this Sunday so if people could come and defend stages they think should be legal that would be nice. I'll link it when it's up.

What do you all think of my 7 possible extra stages?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
No to Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, Jungle Japes.

I personally don't mind Reset Bomb Forest nor Mute City too much. However, I've been hearing a ton of complaints about them.

The problem with Mute City and Reset Bomb is the middle gap that they have: any stage that has a gap in the middle and forces someone to approach aerially HEAVILY favours those who can run away.
  • Mute City
    - This isn't too bad, because at least the gap gets closed off when platforms move in. Eventually though, the gap is there again.
    - A problem with the stage overall is that there are no ledges to grab, severely nerfing tether recoveries.
    - The damaging track prevents KO's from the bottom blast line.

• Reset Bomb Forest
    - The first transformation is ok, but still has that gap in the middle that promotes camping.
    - The second transformation is just plain ugly: it absolutely heavily favors aerial combat
    - I've heard that, in the 2nd transformation, it's possible to wall-jump when you're in between some of the passable platforms with ledges, but I don't know if this is something gamebreaking or not.
    - As for the fish beast that passes through the bottom, I actually prefer that over Brinstar's lava. It's still a hazard, though not a particularly disruptive one like the lava.
Since both Reset Bomb and Mute City have the same issue of heavily favoring aerial combat, I think it's fair to say that only one should be ran in a tournament, but not both, or be able to strike more than one stage when Counter-picking.

I've actually heard a lot of positive feedback about Tomadochi Life. TO Joe's tournaments up here at York U in Toronto run Tomadochi as a counterpick, along with Prism Tower and Arena Ferox. It's a very interesting stage, and I don't find anything too bad about it apart from the upper blast line being really close to the top platform.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
No to Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, Jungle Japes.
Can you explain why no on these? Your other feedback on the gaps and such was crazy useful.

I've actually heard a lot of positive feedback about Tomadochi Life. TO Joe's tournaments up here at York U in Toronto run Tomadochi as a counterpick, along with Prism Tower and Arena Ferox. It's a very interesting stage, and I don't find anything too bad about it apart from the upper blast line being really close to the top platform.
We had Tomidachi legal and people complained it was too easy to camp. I figured this might make a good counterpick myself, so I could seriously see this one maybe making it back.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Tomidachi Life is just Luigi's Mansion without the breakable floors, but no cave of life either. It should be legal, there aren't any solid walls preventing you from properly chasing a guy down. I would certainly consider it a hard counter pick though, some characters like Ganondorf are going to struggle.

Rainbow Road has already been talked about. Given how little options the 3DS has for stages, it should at least be tested in some larger tournaments before being given the boot.

Reset Bomb Forest should be legal, even with that very annoying second stage.

Mute City should also be legal. If you can add enough stages to the list, we can make banning two stages a thing. Cornelia should be given a hard look at well. I'd put it in the same boat as Rainbow Road.

Jungle Japes I personally don't have an issue with, but with the klaptrap being random it kinda kills the argument for it sadly.

That would give us a list like this:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination/Omega Stages (Omega Stages having their own legal vs not legal list, if chosen the other person gets to decide if it can have a solid base or not)

Counterpick:
Arena Ferox
Prism Tower
Tomidachi Life
Reset Bomb Forest

Counterpick/Banned (Stages that need to be actually tested in tournaments):
Rainbow Road
Mute City
Cornelia
Jungle Japes?

Try offering two stage strikes with the full list, see if we can't get some actual data. Maybe throw some bonus money into the pot as well to get the more stubborn people to actually play. Be willing to take JJ off of the list.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Try offering two stage strikes with the full list, see if we can't get some actual data. Maybe throw some bonus money into the pot as well to get the more stubborn people to actually play. Be willing to take JJ off of the list.
I can't actually offer money being kinda poor, and it being an online event.

As it stands, it's looking like I plan to run these stages in a swiss bracket where each game you play on one at random to see if I can get a lot of data on stages with lots of different characters, then use the thread Sunday to get feedback along with discussing any borderline stages:

Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Paper Mario
Rainbow Road
Reset Bomb Forest
Tomidachi Life

These seems to be the stages that have the most potential for counterpick, be it from not being so bad to people just wanting to try them. So seriously, any hardcore analysis on these would be welcome here or on Sunday.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Rainbow Road- Mostly indifferent. Shy Guys are fairly ignore-able for the most part. What I'd like to know is how long the transitions last because some of them have walk-offs.

Paper Mario- Not the worst stage in the world, but I'd personally say no. One could argue stage one is kinda weird with the walk-off and heavy wind hazard, but stage three is awful and I can see players just waiting it out since approaching just seems like a bad idea there.

Jungle Japes- Ehhh...I dunno. There's been a lot of arguments both for and against it over the last couple of pages. I'm against it personally because it has an instant kill hazard that appears to no longer be on a timer. Not that the water isn't practically an instant kill anyways. I feel the map is very questionable.

Brinstar- I've actually almost never played here. No input.

Mute City- I personally like this stage. I do think Dave made some interesting points about the gap in the middle though. However, lack of grabbable edges "because it nerfs tether recoveries" shouldn't be an argument in my opinion. No one relies exclusively on tethers anymore and choosing something to disadvantage the opponent is what the point of counter-picking is, last I checked. I think a better reason would be because it eliminates the mixup of the getup game, but even then I don't think that's ban-worthy. I dunno.

Reset Bomb Forest- I think this one's okay. The second form is definitely weird, but I think there's enough platforms to maneuver properly. Cave of life could be an issue, though, and again the point Dave made about the center pit is interesting.

Tomodachi Life- I freaking LOVE this level. The foreground walls and multi-tier combat could make it an interesting counter pick option for projectile/ vertical fighters, respectively. My only gripes with it as of now is the size is a tad questionable (it isn't Pac-Maze or Tortimer's though) and that player one spawns on the bottom while player two spawns at the top, which depending on the character choice could give player one an early advantage.

TL;DR Nidtendofreak's list is basically my feelings about the stages.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
How can someone even play on Brinstar?
Last time I checked, the ridiculously uneven ground anywhere that wasn't a platform distorted hitboxes to hell and back. Not to mention that the Acid is a strong hazard that almost can't be avoided and racks up damage extremely quick.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
  • Paper Mario
    - The 1st transformation has a walk-off on the left side, awkard layout and a semi-intrusive wind hazard that can disrupt recoveries from the right side.
    - The 2nd transformation is ok. The whale lifting the boat occasionally promotes KO's from the top though.
    - The 3rd transformation is quite possibly the worst layout I've ever seen. It may look cool, but regarding a competitive battle, it's impossible to fight in it. No proper center platform, Bowser's mouth is all kinds of bad: a cave-of-live, a camp spot, and a middle gap depending on it's position after rotating, and heavy emphasis on air games.
    - Honestly, the 2nd trasnformation is good with me. The 1st is questionable due to the walk-off and awkward layout, but the 3rd is what kills the viability of this stage hard.

• Jungle Japes
    - It's the Klaptrap and the river that ruin it from being a competitive stage: the way the river pushes players (not to mention the powerful Klaptrap hazard) heavily emphasizes spikes and meteors.
    - You can also camp out characters with poor air games in the left and right sides.

• Rainbow Road
    - The Shy Guys are very disruptive. Some layouts (such as the one with the ramp) make it really hard to avoid them, as the karts cover nearly all of the space in those parts. even if you do know they're coming.
    - The walk-offs in the transitions don't help either: even if they are temporary, they're still there.
    - Some layouts even have middle-gaps, creating the same problem as the one I mentioned with Mute City and Reset Bomb Forest.

• Brinstar
    - It's basically got all the problems it had in both Melee and Brawl: lava is disruptive, too much emphasis on the top platform, heavily favors characters with strong air games.
I know I posted my list above, but after playing on these stages last night, this one is a lot better:
Starters:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story

CP's:
- Arena Ferox
- Prism Tower
- Omega Forms*
- Tomadochi

EDIT: I definetely think we should experiment with Reset Bomb and Mute City, just make sure to run only one of them or allow for more than just 1 strike when CP'ing.

* Here's how Omega Forms could be handled, credit to Piford above for bringing this to my attention. It actually works quite well:
*If Final Destination is banned, the Omega Form stages are also banned. If an omega stage is counterpicked, the winner may opt to ban one of the following: Stages with Walls along the side (Ex. Boxing Ring, Green Hill Zone) or stages that characters can go underneath (Ex. Battlefield, Rainbow Road).
These Omega Forms should be banned though, due to the stage colors giving unfair advantages to some moves or costume colors:
Even in FD form, these stages should never be legal in tournament:
  • Brinstar
    The dark colors of this stage camouflage some projectiles, such as Duck Hunt's gunmen bullets, and even hide Greninja's shadow when using his side-B.
  • Flat Zone 2
    Same problem as above with the floor.
  • Ballon Fight
    Same above problems: colors make it very difficult to spot characters like Wire Frame Little Mac. [+the added difficulty of spotting some projectiles and Greninja's shadows]
  • PictoChat 2
    Same as above
  • Pac-Maze
    Same as above
Some questionable stages to run as FD's in tournament due to similar color reasons:
  • Jungle Japes
  • Wario Ware Inc
  • Dream Land

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'll probably end up dropping Paper Mario, I was mostly having it since people kind of liked it a bit but it really doesn't stand a chance of being legal in the end. All of the others do seem like testing might be good to test though. I spose we'll see Saturday.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I forgot Brinstar existed. I'd personally place it in the counter pick as well, having played on that stage in tournament before during Brawl. Middle seems to break more easily for some odd reason, but otherwise its pretty much the same.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
  • Paper Mario
    - The 1st transformation has a walk-off on the left side, awkard layout and a semi-intrusive wind hazard that can disrupt recoveries from the right side.
    - The 2nd transformation is ok. The whale lifting the boat occasionally promotes KO's from the top though.
    - The 3rd transformation is quite possibly the worst layout I've ever seen. It may look cool, but regarding a competitive battle, it's impossible to fight in it. No proper center platform, Bowser's mouth is all kinds of bad: a cave-of-live, a camp spot, and a middle gap depending on it's position after rotating, and heavy emphasis on air games.
    - Honestly, the 2nd trasnformation is good with me. The 1st is questionable due to the walk-off and awkward layout, but the 3rd is what kills the viability of this stage hard.

• Jungle Japes
    - It's the Klaptrap and the river that ruin it from being a competitive stage: the way the river pushes players (not to mention the powerful Klaptrap hazard) heavily emphasizes spikes and meteors.
    - You can also camp out characters with poor air games in the left and right sides.

• Rainbow Road
    - The Shy Guys are very disruptive. Some layouts (such as the one with the ramp) make it really hard to avoid them, as the karts cover nearly all of the space in those parts. even if you do know they're coming.
    - The walk-offs in the transitions don't help either: even if they are temporary, they're still there.
    - Some layouts even have middle-gaps, creating the same problem as the one I mentioned with Mute City and Reset Bomb Forest.

• Brinstar
    - It's basically got all the problems it had in both Melee and Brawl: lava is disruptive, too much emphasis on the top platform, heavily favors characters with strong air games.
I know I posted my list above, but after playing on these stages last night, this one is a lot better:
Starters:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story

CP's:
- Arena Ferox
- Prism Tower
- Omega Forms*
- Tomadochi

EDIT: I definetely think we should experiment with Reset Bomb and Mute City, just make sure to run only one of them or allow for more than just 1 strike when CP'ing.

* Here's how Omega Forms could be handled, credit to Piford above for bringing this to my attention. It actually works quite well:

These Omega Forms should be banned though, due to the stage colors giving unfair advantages to some moves or costume colors:
Walk-offs aren't really a huge problem on most stages because chain grabbing is gone, and Rainbow Road's blast lines aren't as close as flatzone or balloon fights and they're temporary.
The main problem with Brinstar is that Meta Knight was too good on it, not the lava. But it definitely needs testing to see if there are more characters in this game that are way too good. But it shouldn't be immediately banned.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Walk-offs aren't really a huge problem on most stages because chain grabbing is gone, and Rainbow Road's blast lines aren't as close as flatzone or balloon fights and they're temporary
Chain-grabs gone is certainly a good thing, but walk-off spots still promote places where players can camp.
I guess Paper Mario and Rainbow Road transforming help mitigate the issue somehow, but these stages have more than just walk-off problems. Paper Mario has the terrible 3rd transformation, and Rainbow has the karts disrupting the fight. Some parts of the track are also really bad.
I think it's necessary to experiment with these two though.

The main problem with Brinstar is that Meta Knight was too good on it, not the lava. But it definitely needs testing to see if there are more characters in this game that are way too good. But it shouldn't be immediately banned.
Fully agree with this. Brinstar will need more testing for sure to see if there are any characters that dominate it.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Mute City does have cars for you to wander around on at ground level, so it's not like there's a complete gap in the middle. Lots of airspace though, but I think even Little Mac could survive this stage. He'd have to wait around to Rising Uppercut from the cars to the upper platforms if someone is on that platform, though, so he definitely wouldn't enjoy it. Also I discovered, interestingly enough, that this stage can have gaps in the damaging floor depending on where it is on the track. How did I find out about this? Because a CPU player epic failed their recovery and fell right through the aforementioned gap to their death. I was entirely expecting them to bounce off the damaging floor and return to the stage, but instead they fell past the edge of the road and died.

As for someone complaining that Ganondorf has trouble on Tomodachi Life: What are you talking about? From what I've seen, Ganondorf absolutely loves this stage! The outer blast lines are super close so he gets KOs very easily (like you die at 75% if he gets a Smash Attack, FAir, or BAir on you), and the square-shaped "everything is a drop-through floor" layout makes Ganondorf's low mobility a lot less of an issue, and gives him very easy ways to get past projectile spam that normally shuts him down almost completely.

People seem to think that circle-camping (or to be more accurate, circle-stalling) on Tomodachi Life will be a problem, but personally I've found the opposite: the stage very much discourages camping by making it much easier for prospective campers to be approached from any and all sides. Also, as I mentioned above, characters like Ganondorf have a lot less issue coming up from below or dropping down from above than they do covering ground horizontally, giving them a way to more reliably approach faster characters, and since they have a reliable landing space to work with regardless of where they go they don't have to worry about potentially having slightly sub-par aerial neutral game. For Ganondorf in particular, he can corner relatively fast characters by approaching them diagonally from the centre, allowing him to threaten every "escape" route with his surprisingly fast and long-reach attacks.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
About Omega forms.

people, we NEED to make omegas and FD count as a single thing; this will shift the metagame HEAVILY towards people who like flat, hazadless and platformless stages.

make Fd always the starter and allow people to choose an omega if Fd gets CPp'd.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
About Omega forms.

people, we NEED to make omegas and FD count as a single thing; this will shift the metagame HEAVILY towards people who like flat, hazadless and platformless stages.

make Fd always the starter and allow people to choose an omega if Fd gets CPp'd.
I'm pretty sure thats what we've decided on.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
For everyone who would be interested in testing stages, we will be hosting the tournament to do so TODAY (Saturday, October 18th) to test out counterpick stages. You can find all of the details here. I even managed to offer prizes, and not just for the winner. Tomorrow on the subreddit we will have a discussion on stages and the person who provides the best stage analysis content will receive a prize PLUS anyone who provides good feedback will as well. So be sure to check it out guys!

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
For everyone who would be interested in testing stages, we will be hosting the tournament to do so TODAY (Saturday, October 18th) to test out counterpick stages. You can find all of the details here. I even managed to offer prizes, and not just for the winner. Tomorrow on the subreddit we will have a discussion on stages and the person who provides the best stage analysis content will receive a prize PLUS anyone who provides good feedback will as well. So be sure to check it out guys!
I would if my internet was working with my 3DS. But I'll definitely be posting in the stage discussion thread tomorrow.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I would if my internet was working with my 3DS. But I'll definitely be posting in the stage discussion thread tomorrow.
Thanks a ton man. even just discussing these things will do us a ton of good. I want to be sure we have a decent amount of stages that are still fair so people can have fun. I'm not enjoying the 5 stages list so feedback of any kind is great, plus making stage discussion a bit more visible is good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom