• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Ban Quick Reference (Ongoing)

Player-1

Smash Legend
okay...I like how you just respond to only one point to many. You do realize how big the blast radius is on a grenade right? It takes up the whole platform if at the center.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
okay...I like how you just respond to only one point to many. You do realize how big the blast radius is on a grenade right? It takes up the whole platform if at the center.
I already answered that by saying he can't do all those things at once. at the distance you are from him it is possible to react to everything that the snake throws at you. He throws a grenade up at you, jump away from the grenade. If the snake tries to put a c4 on the platform, this is an opportunity you should be using to rack up damage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wtf, that was just another one of my points I already showed that he can do it all at once. It doesn't matter if he can't do it all at once though. You're just strawmanning my argument now. How is it an opportunity to rack damage on snake when he puts c4s down? A smart snake is putting them down while he's in the air which that hardly has any lag on it at all.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Wtf, that was just another one of my points I already showed that he can do it all at once. It doesn't matter if he can't do it all at once though. You're just strawmanning my argument now. How is it an opportunity to rack damage on snake when he puts c4s down? A smart snake is putting them down while he's in the air which that hardly has any lag on it at all.
The fact that he is in the air is the reason why he would be at a disadvantage.

Vega4

Smash Ace
You caught the wifi part, but I was also waiting to see if you noticed it was from 2009, 2 years ago.
Yeah, but you already said that he played Falco long time ago... Idk long time ago could be 2009 maybe.

I though his top level was that. But just forget about it and get recent vids then. Or just money match - **** Larry in FD... :p

Vega4

Smash Ace
I didn't paid attention. For me they are just the same till you prove other thing: Two "not that good" Falcos.
So waiting for those vids you little cutie.

Player-1

Smash Legend
okay well I really don't care what you say if you think kismet is "not that good" when he was considered 3rd best at the time.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Vids...
Btw1, what time was that?
Btw2, in USA, there is only 1 great, consistent and worldly (even here, so far away xD) admired Falco, and that's Larry. He is the only Falco that have shown his face consistently in top10 of important tournaments there... Others Falcos practically doesn't exist for the world...

Player-1

Smash Legend
time...I would say late fall/early winter he was considered 3rd best. I guess if there's only 1 falco to worry about then I guess we should just discuss how to beat Larry instead of Falco, yes?

Count

Smash Champion
Ugh I just had a massive post drafted and accidentally hit the back button. I'll do this again tomorrow.

I will say that I don't think you should use P1's picks as the 'standard' just because he picks differently from most since he likes RC so much. Obviously he's really successful and knows what he's doing but I don't think his CPs are what most people would agree with. Just my two cents I obvi <3 p1

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Ugh I just had a massive post drafted and accidentally hit the back button. I'll do this again tomorrow.

I will say that I don't think you should use P1's picks as the 'standard' just because he picks differently from most since he likes RC so much. Obviously he's really successful and knows what he's doing but I don't think his CPs are what most people would agree with. Just my two cents I obvi <3 p1
That happened to me when I was writing the Kongpendium (before I was smart and started writing it in Word), and yeah it sucks. If you have Firefox, download this add-on and you'll never look back:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/

Vega4

Smash Ace
time...I would say late fall/early winter he was considered 3rd best. I guess if there's only 1 falco to worry about then I guess we should just discuss how to beat Larry instead of Falco, yes?
If I see important tournaments resoults, I could say that you are right xD
I'm not saying that there is not others goods Falcos, it's just that Larry seems to be the only that really show it consistently, so, in the point of view of others countries he seems to be the only really good.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i'm not going to go scrolling through results just to prove one ignorant ******* Colombian wrong. Everyone in this thread claims that kismet is (was) a top level Falco player, I don't need to get the results. How about you get the results of him doing bad?

Vega4

Smash Ace
You really are a bad pimp!! Search it for me you little m********** :)

kismet2

Smash Ace
You really are a bad pimp!! Search it for me you little m********** :)
hmm so far you just been saying that i'm a bad falco instead of discussing diddy vs falco =/ but it's cool i use mk now and you must be an idiot if you think that falco destroys diddy on this fd. if you know how to sdi the chaingrab then you won't die at low percents and without platforms falco can't avoid your bananas, when he phantasms you can glide toss and punish. when he lasers you can throw a banana at him. diddy can pressure falco from midrange and that's generally what you want to do against him.

EDIT: also just because you're considered the best player for the character doesn't mean you know all the matchups and best on all stages. larry doesn't really know the matchup against diddy it'd be better if you tried to use someone who plays against diddy all the time like nerd or something.

Vega4

Smash Ace
@kismet2
1. I know how to SDI Falco's chaingrab > spike... that's not the problem.
2. I didn't say you are bad.
3. I just said that if a Falco don't play well vs Diddy in FD, just where da hell he would??
4. Again, just like P1, you are describing the situation like Diddy ***** Falco there, and the match is even...
5. I know that Larry is not that good playing vs Diddy.
6. I love u P1.

-Googs

Smash Lord
To avoid the grenades, all you have to do is not stand directly above him. The point of this is not to time the snake out. You just want to force him into the air or force him to make mistakes.
uptilt>edgeslip>jab>fsmash. No thanks.

how about you put snake on the platform....that sounds much more logical...

kismet2

Smash Ace
I didn't paid attention. For me they are just the same till you prove other thing: Two "not that good" Falcos.
So waiting for those vids you little cutie.
:glare:

3. I just said that if a Falco don't play well vs Diddy in FD, just where da hell he would??
falco will have a harder time on fd against a diddy with no platforms for him to get away from bananas. a falco would rather fight diddy on bf and maybe yoshi's

4. Again, just like P1, you are describing the situation like Diddy ***** Falco there, and the match is even...
no i'm not saying diddy ***** falco there i'm giving you a list of options he has to combat a falco. you're describing that falco ***** diddy on fd says this quote below me

mmm
I keep my words, If you consider easy play Falco in FD, then I'd like to see which Falco are u playing with, because he prob is not that good. Like I said, he can chaingrab you easily in FD, also, get control of your naner if you have two on stage, and he can approach with lasers in the air, jabs cancel (this *****...)...

But, all that I said only works if the Falco main is good, and also can read you. If he sucks and you read him all the time, then you will **** him even playin with one hand...
:glare:

but i'm pretty sure i didn't type the words "herp derp falco gets ***** by diddy on fd lulz". if you're not comfortable against falco on fd or even neutrals take him to cruise or something there's a thing called counterpicks =/

Vega4

Smash Ace
Yeah, I didn't say bad. I said "not that good".
Because he will be the only "really good Falco in USA" till others Falcos get similar resoults to him in big tournaments... I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's what I think.

About me saying that Diddy ***** Falco in FD, I could say that you said xD : "i'm giving you a list of options he has to combat a Diddy".

Well is just that I think that Falco has better options than Diddy there. In every match-ups advises that I have read, they always says: "Perhaps it's better to use one naner, cause if you put two on stage, Falco can get control of the other one pretty easy". In FD a Falco that knows how to deal with Diddy can get control of one naner easily, and put preasure on Diddy, and catch him fir his chaingrabs.

I personally hates FD in this match-up, Idw if it's 'cause that the Falco I have played the most is a really top level Falco (probably you won't believe me, but I think that he is at same level that Larry, or at least pretty close...), and his second main used to be Diddy, so he knows a lot about naner game, and how to grab Diddy with laser-stuns or after jab cancels...

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
kismet's ****ing good. you guys are trippin. (no pun intended). our mm at mlg could have gone either way. lucky i came back with 3 games.

larry does not know the diddy matchup at all. all the diddy kong players in socal suck beyond words.

nerd doesn't play falco much anymore, but he knows a lot of things about the matchup.

as far as stages go, I love BF vs. falco. dislike SV. FD can be good or bad depending on if the falco is campy or aggro. usually i ban it because nerd plays really gay on FD. T_T

lylat is good vs. falco, and so is pokemon imo. I would avoid yoshi's, frigate, any big stages really. Diddy can punish better on small stages because his bananas have limited throwing range whereas lasers go forever and ever.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You can put PS1 for CP against ICs now, I changed my mine. Had to play an ICs player who knew the diddy MU well and FD we were going even it went to 1-1 and I CPed him to PS1 and camped the **** out of the platforms, it would have went to time, but he just rushed in at the last minute.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I know I don't post alot but I wanna say don't ban Frigate vs Peach. Ing will upload a vid later of me vs Hero and I'll post it.

I think the slope on one of the stage transitions puts the match up Diddy's favor. Hero controlled the match on the other two stages vs me but because he couldn't stay at an even level with me on the ground I was able to win the match (with help to stage flips ;))

Player-1

Smash Legend
2nd transformation is great for Diddy, against Peach though if Diddy is in the middle all she has to do is float and dair, SH fair won't reach anymore and bananas are harder to hit.

Top Bottom