• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

n64billy

Smash Ace
The blocks won't be breakable though, won't they?
Not as they are there... They look like a single model for each row of blocks... (I could be wrong though)
If he gets the blocks from Mario 1-1, then you could probably find a way to make breakable blocks...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
To be serious, there is a value in the STDT that controls the base speed of MK.

Bottom Floor is done.
I'm now building the Middle Floor.
Icicle Pyramid is at 37.5%.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
If the stage is over MK and he finds a way to stop the movement of the stage via animations and STDT.......
Arranging the bricks to be breakable isnt hard. The position of the bricks are in an animation, so besides making the stage itself stop, this must be changed. Should'nt be hard.
(new smilies btw, Awesome! :awesome:)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Hand drawn 2D stage concept...
(Drawn and coloured by me :D)

It'll be a flat playing area, with mushrooms randomly popping up in the middle, or to the sides of the stage..Has a Mario/Yoshi feel to it....
The mushrooms could either be purely for looks, meaning more animations, to make the level a bit more fun, or, they could be platforms themselves....

Thoughts/Suggestions please..?
(I'm clueless as to what kind of background/other scenery to draw)

n64billy

Smash Ace
I reckon it could use a Mario 3 or even a Yoshi's Island-like background.
I still want it to be some-what original as well, but I'll look into what they look like..

Also, I'd like to request if anyone could hook me up with a .gct that has the File-Replacment code, and Free-Camera code.
I tried adding more codes to my list a while back, and they've never worked at all since... So I want to try fresh ones from someone else that can confirm it works..

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I added that keyframe animation like EYoshi said and my stage piece rotated, so once again thank you. Then I looked at the animation data for rainbow cruise and learned some more cool stuff.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Well, stopping the stage was easy, porting the stage to mushroomy kingdom was too. This is me breaking a block

The bad part is that the camera is fixed when this module is used. I mean, it's static, doesn't move. Just like the fixed camera mode. So, this could be a problem.

I will upload a video of the stage with breaking blocks later ^^U

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Commented.

Completely forgot to mention that the blocks don't reappear. I don't know how you'll make that part work :/

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The blocks respawn after 1 lap so the only way to make it respawn is to find a way to change the requirement to do so.

If only we could decipher the Stage scripts....

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
The blocks respawn after 1 lap so the only way to make it respawn is to find a way to change the requirement to do so.

If only we could decipher the Stage scripts....
STDT?
I should be finishing up Pirate ships STDT soon, hopefully

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Diggin' Mushroom Kingdom (Melee).
Might grab the non-breakable blocks version once it's out.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Nice Mewtwo, looks good :)

(OH! I have a small request, since you're in the know-how of stage hacking.... Any clue at all how to remove the sand from the 1-1 level?)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I don't guess that sand is a model in the stage at all.

I mean, I adapted my Mushroom Kingdom Melee to be playable as a 1-1 replacement, and the only things I kept from the original stage were the allocation nodes (just bones, not objects) and the effects. And there is some sand on the background, but it's far enough to not be seen while playing.

So, the sand, like the blocks, come from an external file, and the only way to delete it should be removing it from the effect arc file. Not tested though. The difference between sand and blocks is that blocks get the texture from your stage pac, and sand doesn't use any texture in it.

n64billy

Smash Ace
What he said ^

I've spent weeks and weeks last year trying to get rid of the sand... we weren't advanced enough to know what it could possibly be though...

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Pumpkin Zone

The third level of Pumpkin Zone from Super Mario Land 2. Comes with two .brstms and SSS icons, as well as .rel files if you want to use it over Flat Zone 2 or Hanenbow.
The blocks disappear for 1 second in each 4-second loop.
There's also a custom color version included (the original game was in black & white.)

BrawlVault link

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm having an odd bug where the first model in the Brres isn't responding to the animation.
I guess I have to Make the first model a dummy model then. :/

Oh look. Inserting it in Brres 101 makes it work correctly. Good.

An in game pic is coming soon.

For the meantime, anyone know of a model that I can use for the Pyramid roof?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm having an odd bug where the first model in the Brres isn't responding to the animation.
I guess I have to Make the first model a dummy model then. :/

Oh look. Inserting it in Brres 101 makes it work correctly. Good.

An in game pic is coming soon.

For the meantime, anyone know of a model that I can use for the Pyramid roof?
Maybe the vertex I used in Hyrule Castle?

BTW, this bug is well known, I guess it usually happens when in modeldata1. I always use a dummy model called 'static' in my stages to avoid this. This, or using a model that's not supposed to be moved by the animation.

BTW, I've fixed an old stage, from the first picture to the second one:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
2 options:

1- Try inverting the Z axis (I mean, make negative the size in Z, or in X)
2- A vertex edit flipping 90º the whole model could fix it. Note that rotate by vertexing is not the same as rotating by animating in-game. Shades are different.

Well, the third option is getting another model ^^U

I guess being like it is, it wouldn't be bad using 4 basic blocks conveniently rotated in Z (the sides ones) and in X (the front and back ones)

Top Bottom