• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Fen__

Smash Ace
EDIT: I need a tester person who can test my smashville stage. Does anyone live where its early morning or around 7:00 PM right now? If you do, can you help me? I just need to know which name of smashville is for morning, and which is for night. thanks
You realize that it's based off of the clock in your Wii, right? You could just change the time your Wii is set to.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I need help with this:
Nice job so far on the hiddon palace zone. What exactly do you need help with on it. I could help just need to know what you want done besides the master emerald and the giant choas emeralds.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Nice job so far on the hiddon palace zone. What exactly do you need help with on it. I could help just need to know what you want done besides the master emerald and the giant choas emeralds.
It freezes before you load it, thats the major problem :(

other then that I need to make the Master Emerald and find a bigger stand for it, then I'm done.

if anyone wants to help me find out why it freezes pm me.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I need help with this:
for the freeze look for empity collission objets, and for the esmerald, when you import teh imges , look for the imge type, is diferrent than teh origial esmerals, so import the same images in teh original final sonic pac, and see qhat type teh images are, and them, import that types in your stage(i know that problem, i did 2 stages with esmerald, and one wiht a seven esmeralds plus a master esmerald

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
for the freeze look for empity collission objets, and for the esmerald, when you import teh imges , look for the imge type, is diferrent than teh origial esmerals, so import the same images in teh original final sonic pac, and see qhat type teh images are, and them, import that types in your stage(i know that problem, i did 2 stages with esmerald, and one wiht a seven esmeralds plus a master esmerald
...not to be rude or anything, but do you ever use the spell check?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
It freezes before you load it, thats the major problem :(

other then that I need to make the Master Emerald and find a bigger stand for it, then I'm done.

if anyone wants to help me find out why it freezes pm me.
It may have the whole empty colisions problem but I'm not entirly sure mabey you should ask someone that is really experienced with stage hacking since I olny started recently.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Doubt its that, I always use Final Destination, and I deleted all the colision data and made a new one from scratch.
When you make collisions from scratch, it freezes. Nobody knows why, but it does lol.
Intrepidcognito has had that problem as well =/

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh, thanks. BrawlVault adds an http:// in the link box by default and I forgot to remove it when I was pasting the URL.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
whats up. im new here and i have a request. can anybody here create a kirby airide city trial stage. i have a youtube and ill advertise the hack for anybody that makes this stage. i really want a city trial stage. plus i have a problem. every once in a while when i use balanced brawl, after a bttle the game freezes except it doesnt make the beeeeeeeeeeeeeep noise. it is just silent. plz help me.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I decided to go back to my stage hacking roots and make another SSE stage playable.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6121&Moderated=All
I have made one too by a request not much ago

I had not shown it until now because the one who made the request wanted to keep it as a secret. I'll upload it when I make some minor requested changes to it :p

I need help with this:
Uhm... I was planning to revamp my 2D version... Don't worry, I'm not going to use 3D emeralds like you or something, just want to improve the background and make eggman appear randomly xDD

About that said about collisions freezing... Note that a freeze caused by bad collisions is noticed only when a stage is working until the end on the match, and then freezes.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
I have made one too by a request not much ago

*image*

I had not shown it until now because the one who made the request wanted to keep it as a secret. I'll upload it when I make some minor requested changes to it :p

Uhm... I was planning to revamp my 2D version... Don't worry, I'm not going to use 3D emeralds like you or something, just want to improve the background and make eggman appear randomly xDD

About that said about collisions freezing... Note that a freeze caused by bad collisions is noticed only when a stage is working until the end on the match, and then freezes.

Thats fine, I don't usually like 2D stages. They seem way too easy.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Thats fine, I don't usually like 2D stages. They seem way too easy.
That's my opinion too xD

But this was once a request, and looked interesting to me as a stage. Now having eggman moving around and a deep-effect background will make it a little more interesting I guess. Anyway, mine has a ground, unlike the most 2D stages I've seen xD

Great work with your 3D version anyway, I've seen the emeralds you're using, and it's quite a good idea having them from there. Furthermore, you've used a ground that will make shadows appear on it, good work on this too :p

Anyway, I think it would had been simpler using a stage builder block to make the walls of the main stage. And you're using palleted textures, but the models are not referencing to them, so something weird could happen. What if this was the only reason of the freezing?

I'll take a look when I'm home later today. Good work with the stage, I hope I'm not having trouble in making it work for you because it looks great ^^

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Note to people who play Vbrawl and downloaded my sakuraville with the falling flowers, it will desynch online because of the Brawl+ stage boundaries, I provided instructions on the Brawlvault download on how to fix that, it's very easy and it would save me a lot of trouble if you take a minute to learn something

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe how freakin' hard it is to make a stage! I kinda figured it would just be a matter of getting all the models and textures, placing them in the right place, animating, and making collisions, but NO! I did all of this for my stage, and the models AREN'T animating, the collisions AREN'T showing up. and the one the does ISN'T moving with the models when they DO move. I'm about ready to give up on this, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I can't believe how freakin' hard it is to make a stage! I kinda figured it would just be a matter of getting all the models and textures, placing them in the right place, animating, and making collisions, but NO! I did all of this for my stage, and the models AREN'T animating, the collisions AREN'T showing up. and the one the does ISN'T moving with the models when they DO move. I'm about ready to give up on this, it doesn't make any sense to me.
Be sure the animations for the models are in the same modeldata, and make sure you have only 1 animation per modeldata (only the first one works)

Also, be sure you have attached correctly the collisions by viewing the name of the model and the bone in the collision editor, and make sure that the bone shown in there is the one you're animating

Not hard, just need practice

Oizen's stage will soon be ready, I managed to make it work with some issues, but easy to fix

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Be sure the animations for the models are in the same modeldata, and make sure you have only 1 animation per modeldata (only the first one works)

Also, be sure you have attached correctly the collisions by viewing the name of the model and the bone in the collision editor, and make sure that the bone shown in there is the one you're animating

Oizen's stage will soon be ready, I managed to make it work with some issues, but easy to fix

Thats better then what I can do. Again No rush, Dingoberriz is working on some animations for it, and he isn't close to being done yet. Thanks for the help.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh well, since that pic, I've managed to fix the floor by using another model, the front view is fine (there were some things needing to be animated) and I've determined that the problem was with the stands. I'm now fixing them so you can continue developing the stage from that point

I'll send you the file when done :p

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman

Sorry, I was ticked off, just wanted to rant a bit. XD

Pretty sure I did all of that, though. Nevertheless, I have one idea I just got, so I'll see if I can get it working at some point.

Oh, and by the way, which smashville is daytime? I need to know so I can import the lights from it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Done with fixing Oizen's stage. I've replaced the floor with another of mine because of the original not resizing for some reason (it seems that the platforms in battlefield can't be resized or something)

I've added my shadow system to it because of my floor not including shadows, and now every model is working properly

This is the pic of the stage as is, now proceding to send it to Oizen

EDIT:

First Saffron pic

Top Bottom