• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The sun doesn't seem to be a problem, I will keep it as is in my version O.o

Also, the shadows just dissapeared with the type=3 thingy as I said yesterday ^^U

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
will you remove the castle in the backround? If you decide to, there is already a version of the stage with no castle in Brawlvault you can use that

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Indeed, I have found a lighting set which is good for both background and castle. Only need making little changes to it. And after other little edits, it would be done ^^U

Ah, I wish I didn't have exams ^^U xD

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
After troubleshooting, it seems that the polygon deleter screwed with a polygon header, causing the game to freeze. I just need to delete the polygons by hand.
After this, It'll be complete and ready for release.
Check back tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I don't like polygon deleting, I think you should try vertex editing and make annoying parts zero.

About the castles, I know, and with a bone is easy to remove the second castle ^^U xD

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
The sun doesn't give you a problem because there's a separate model that gives the lens flare/glow effect (gr2_StgOldinSunfrea in ModelData[11]). If you imported that model as well, it would shine through everything that gets in the way.

Also, there is a BoE with the castle removed somewhere in BrawlVault.

Ok, for lights, B1-B4 affect the colour right? Do they also affect the brightness of the light? And what determines the position of the light? I'm assuming Vec1 determines the direction the light points... If I can change the brightness, I won't have to move the sun.

A suggestion, you may want to move the background downwards/castle upwards. I think it looks better that way (a change of more than 80 can reveal untextured areas though).

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh, sure, I only imported the background, that's why xD

Vec1 and Vec2 are the points determining the direction of the light. I mean, if you have vec1=(100,0,0) and vec2=(0,0,0), the light comes from X=100 to the center of the stage. So your models will get light from the right side.

B1,B2 and B3 are RGB. And the lightness value in RGB would be how intense the light is. I mean, grey is a low light, white is a strong light and black is no light.

I'll probably get a little lower the background, and add some structure so the castle is no floating in the air over the river. It will be built in the middle of the river indeed xD

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Oh, sure, I only imported the background, that's why xD

Vec1 and Vec2 are the points determining the direction of the light. I mean, if you have vec1=(100,0,0) and vec2=(0,0,0), the light comes from X=100 to the center of the stage. So your models will get light from the right side.

B1,B2 and B3 are RGB. And the lightness value in RGB would be how intense the light is. I mean, grey is a low light, white is a strong light and black is no light.
Thank you for the info i've always wondered what those do
Probably should write a guide on scene data mewtwo you seem to know alot about it and i know literally nothing about it XD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Everything I know about scenedatas was figured by myself, tested and matched xD

There's still much I don't know, but with the basics, I managed to make almost everything with my scenedatas :p

The first custom scenedata I made was the one in Venom, in which I increased the lighting for the stage. And daytime Foursides were to showcase the fog and lighting possibilities xD

With the new brawlib, this has become really easier to edit :p

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok, that's how the lights work...

Having the castle down in the middle of the river at the bottom of a canyon is strategically the worst possible place for the castle (next to just the bottom of a canyon) but hey, it looks cool. Rule of cool always wins.

I'm going to work on putting the Castle Siege outside area as the background for Hyrule Castle now that you pretty much have it set for BoE. I'm probably going to borrow that rainy one, and use the textures from that level (and that battlefield fortress level from SSE).

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
My problem is that only two models are showing, with the background, and they're not placed correctly. They're really small and are at the same spot (Pillar and one archway), and the background is on the right for some reason.

Mewtwo, got any ideas?
I WANTSES YOR PILLERZ. NOWZ.

What model did you use for them? Could you pm me it by any chance?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I found a tutorial on another method other than the Sonic Belt buckle method, which I was using previously.

The thing is, a LOT of the model can serve as annoying because EVERYTHING is one model(and one bone).

Maybe B4 is alpha(transparency value)??

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

I'm going to update this later, using different textures for the castle itself (just waiting for Mewtwo's fixes to the original). Oh and yes, that rain is animated. There is a hole at the bottom left side but you shouldn't see it normally. And yes, you can download it here.

Edit: Whoops, I guess you can see a hole on the right side and the far ends of the water at certain angles... I'll try to fix that somehow later.

Oh and for the lulz (just a WIP pic)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
People who do very small changes to things, and post it as their own work.

I call them Parasites.
Pretty sure most people at least give credit. I certainly know I'm not going to act like FrozenHobo or something when people criticize my work. :laugh:

Mewtwo2000 seems pretty laid back about comments, and that's totally appreciated. :) I may be making an assumption here, but I think most people would prefer the 92% scaled Hyrule over the bigger version.

tldr; Collaboration good, worrying about "intellectual property" for random Brawl stages bad.

Then again, that's just me. ;)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Hozu
You're fast O.o xD

Well, I'll be uploading the Eldin version in a few days, as I have to be out for work and have to make a good work by fixing the holes of the bridge and making more little details.

I will update the original castle link right now with the (almost) complete version, with the resize and the last fixes I've made. There's only a few textures to fix on it, and it will be FINAL version.

The one I'm uploading now could be named beta 3 ^^U

Don't download it until you see 'beta 3' in the description xD

@Eternal Yoshi

Yeah, alpha is the first thing I thought of. But... I think I had some freezes when touching it some time ago, and it doesn't make much sense talking about alpha in lightings I guess O.o

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hey Mewtwo2000, remember you told me to use a Final Destination .rel instead of a Wi-Fi one to port Daytime fourside to Spear Pillar? Because it would get dark at random times?

I did it and it worked but it seems to have removed the sun in one of the versions' sky.

This was really long ago, but I forgot to tell you.

Also, haven't played that stage in a while so...

P.S.: Hope you go for Facility/Felicity next! ^^

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The sun is something I couldn't control much, because it's from a mario kart stage and got transparent because of the background. It only worked twice for me I guess, it could be when I tested with wifi rooms, I don't remember.

Anyway, if you see that the sun is only working for WWR, I will try to change things for it, or even changing the model with another, to assure there's a sun working. Anyway, that sun was the last thing I made to the stage before releasing it and I didn't care about it as noone said a thing about it.

-HYRULE 64 BETA 3 IS NOW DOWNLOADABLE-

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Well unfortunately, the bone that controls the lake is attached to some trees so there's not much I can do with it to cover the holes. However, I could put the other castle back in, and move everything but Hyrule Castle and the rain backwards. It would fix errors but having 2 castles might be kinda weird, and I'd pretty much have to retexture Hyrule Castle to look similar to the other castle. Oh and I'd have to get rid of the flags because all the pictures for the flags take up around 1MB. Any thoughts?

I'm not that fast really, just porting stuff is simple once you learn how to transfer the files and get rid of unwanted bones and stuff.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I meant you're fast making new stages and releasing. Indeed, I don't usually upload a stage until I've tested almost everything, even when I'm sure it's going to be workin fine xD

About the hole, I've not seen it... But I'm sure you could get some similar piece of grass or something (or even a bridge) to get rid of it O.o

EDIT: Yes, beta 3 has the new size... AND the old size

I mean, if someone prefers the original one, there's instructions in the file to go back to the original. To get the original size back, you only need brawlbox, english... and nothing more, just doing what I say in the file xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What the hell? Ever since I'm using new codes and that I finished my stage package, many stages are freezing, and they do not use rel files..

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

You can see how big the hole is from this angle. You can see it if you're up decently high on the left side of the stage (including fighting on the top platform under the respawn point). That hole was originally covered up by the inner wall of the original castle. Also, simply raising the water/lowering the ground solves gets rid of it but puts a different one on the left side, where it's more visible. And it makes some trees float.

Edit: Also, speed is bad if you put out stuff with mistakes like I just did.

Hm... I just got a pretty cool idea for this stage...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm only using these:

File Patch Code v3.5.1 (NTSC-U)
CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2.1
CSS fixes for Giga and Company V2
Custom CSS V3
Custom Random V1
Independent Pokemon Engine +no wreck My Music V2
CSS Fix
No HUD
No Offscreen indicators
No tags
1-player matches
Hanenbow is Online Training Stage (Without Sandbag)
Save Tags in Replays v3
Unrestricted Replay Camera
Allow Replays Longer Than Three Minutes
Unrestricted Pause camera
Colored shields [Phantom wings]

Also, is there a way to add codes to a gct file? I tried this program that converts gct files to txt, but it doesn't even know all codes.

I need to add the Hanenbow code to another gct.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I don't know of a real way to add codes to an existing .gct file, I just keep a .txt file of all the codes around and add to that file and export it through codemanager if I want different codes.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, don't worry, I did something else.

This is really annoying the hell out of me. First of all, the red and black CSS is still messed up. Second, 90% of my stages freeze for no reason (Well, from like, the 15 I tested, only 3 worked). Why is this happening?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Try without using the CSS or any of the CSS codes? If stages still freeze than there could be something wrong with the files (I'm assuming your taking about custom stage hacks freezing, rather than Brawl's default stages). It's freezing when you select a stage? Or when you enter the SSS?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
It freezes after loading the stage (You can hear the Wii loading it). I have an idea of what could be causing it, so I'll give it a shot and tell you the results soon.

Edit: Got the CSS to work, finally, but I tried a stage that used to freeze, and now it still freezes, except the fact that it doesn't do the beep sound anymore.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
What the hell? Ever since I'm using new codes and that I finished my stage package, many stages are freezing, and they do not use rel files..
Sure it's not the My Music?
I need to get the My Music codes myself... Some of my stages are freezing. I don't feel like putting together a whole new .gct though. I wish there was a way to open a .gct and edit it, and not have to start all over in Codemanager.

Top Bottom