• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't talking to you btw. Although credits are always good to post, even though everyone who goes to BrawlVault and sees that stage can clearly see the credits.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
i dont know what that is. i have 2 guesses.

1. kirby 64 battle against whisp woods.

2. pac man world 2 final world evil tree.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
number 1. i've only spend about 30 minutes on its so far (and 15 of that was getting the models). i'll have a more refined version up tomorrow.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ugh, you guys don't freaking know how I hate making stages, because they never freaking work. It pisses me off. I just replaced the Lylat Cruise model, changed animations and added 5 textures, and it's not working. Plus, this idea was the best ever. I planned on replacing the arwings as well, and replacing the battleships with even bigger things (Not saying it yet).

Hint: ...NONE. >)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Welcome to my World.

I have to make the rails out of other many MANY SB models on account of a certain model freezing when too many Vertices are zero and/or Polygons are deleted.

When I release it when it's done, you'll see what I mean.

I got the fog the way I wanted now.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I know.
That's why I keep the Program open and save a seperate file every time I mod something.
Like STGCUSTOM5X, STGCUSTOM5NEW, or STGCUSTOM5XXX.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Ugh, you guys don't freaking know how I hate making stages, because they never freaking work. It pisses me off. I just replaced the Lylat Cruise model, changed animations and added 5 textures, and it's not working. Plus, this idea was the best ever. I planned on replacing the arwings as well, and replacing the battleships with even bigger things (Not saying it yet).

Lylat has a very small file size limit VERY small i mean maybe 700kbs or less if you're lucky
But do what eternal yoshi does it'll save you in the long run trust me

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's THAT small????
The WWR seems to have almost unlimited space. The SSE imported stages clock in over 2MB, more than 10 times it's normal size.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lylat has a very small file size limit VERY small i mean maybe 700kbs or less if you're lucky
But do what eternal yoshi does it'll save you in the long run trust me
What did he do? I just planned on making a new stage on Final Destination by importing the Lylat Cruise background and animation, along with my platform and other things.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That's what I do as well. I'm just tired of restarting my game over and over again because some small things freeze.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I rebuilt the bridge out of other models and it loaded successfully.
It also looks more accurate than the old model.
Only thing is,
I need rails. Rails like the rails on the upper stage on Shadow Moses Island.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/190/al1006171334binout.jpg

As you can see, the lighting needs adjustment because it make everything too saturated.
I showed this to my friend because I thought he'd be interested by MGS2 in Brawl, but instead he was like "that red texture is much more interesting. OMG IS THAT REIMU?" etc. So, uh, what IS that texture? Is that Ganondorf? It looks like a mess of red and black pixels in that shot.

For the record, I LOVE how that stage is looking.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

i'm going to shrink the base plats. the tree does not like being moved (it distorts) so i may move everything down on the y axis to compensate.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
green greens pic

i'm going to shrink the base plats. the tree does not like being moved (it distorts) so i may move everything down on the y axis to compensate.
ohmygawd how did you do that?!?! How did you get rid of the smaller platforms? I was trying to do this to make a Green Greens + but I gave up

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I've taken the original Green Greens stage and taken the platforms out, just testing and I'll post it in a sec for you NO@H.

Edit: lolwut, I got the BEEP of death when I quit the match while using the stage. Other than that it was fine (no platforms or their collisions).

Ok, something is really weird here. When the match ends in any way, the stage freezes. Using the unmodified stage did not cause a freeze about 30 sec earlier. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have no idea wtf is going on, sorry NO@H.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman

Probably file size getting you. It's what always gets me, you have to be really careful about it. You could always try using WWR, like they said, it has a HUGE file size limit. I'm doing one on jungle japes, and the file size is like 650 kb, I have to be really careful.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
I've taken the original Green Greens stage and taken the platforms out, just testing and I'll post it in a sec for you NO@H.

Edit: lolwut, I got the BEEP of death when I quit the match while using the stage. Other than that it was fine (no platforms or their collisions).

Ok, something is really weird here. When the match ends in any way, the stage freezes. Using the unmodified stage did not cause a freeze about 30 sec earlier. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have no idea wtf is going on, sorry NO@H.
thats still impressive. how did you do it? vertex?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
thats still impressive. how did you do it? vertex?
I attached the platform bone to a 1 frame animation. You right-click the ModelData, New > Character Animation. Then you right-click the model, preview. Open up the left and right tabs, click on the bone you want to get rid of, then click on the animation. From there, you can do whatever is shown on the bottom right (Translate, Scale, and Rotate in all 3 axis). You want your changes to make the box where you changed it to become yellow. When you're done, it will add a NewNode under the animation you made. Save it, and load the file to fix the name (the node becomes the name of the bone).

Oh and obviously delete any collisions that are where whatever bone you're using was, if any.

Now excuse me while I go back to raging because of the stupid pokemon trainer in Mewtwo's Hyrule Castle. He doesn't move properly, he just goes to the left and stays there. Rage.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ohmygawd how did you do that?!?! How did you get rid of the smaller platforms? I was trying to do this to make a Green Greens + but I gave up
thats not based on green greens. i took the pillar custom stage object, flipped it, and then used custom stage pieces to make up the base/pathway. then, i imported the tree from green greens (i'm probably going to need to import some animations from green greens too).

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

What's different you ask? Let's take a look up in the sky...

What's that up there? Those **** falling blocks!? Yes, that's right. Those **** falling blocks will now stay all the way up there, meaning they don't fall anywhere near the stage. So it's No Blocks Green Greens. Oh, and of course, the rest of the stage remains the same. I don't think there's anything you can do with the apples.

btw, I did manage to remove the platforms but the shadows that were where they were remained. But now that the blocks are gone, there's no real need to remove them.

Edit: I guess there's some Green Greens hack that was recently released in the B+ DLC that has less blocks at once, no bomb blocks and slower block spawn rate. I never heard of it until now.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
dude, those spikes were books.
Yes? I messed it up bc I was in a hurry and I wanted to go to bed. The link i posted contains High Quality textures of the entire smashbros64 game. Just thought it would look much better than the blurred/low-res textures originally ripped.

Top Bottom