• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you don't know the limit, then you should avoid going over the normal size of common3.
That should let you avoid freezing.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to make two of the same model load different textures? I tried putting a set of different textures in the brres file, but that didn't help. I have 2 columns in the back of dedede stadium, but I need them for the main platform too, but with different textures.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
you'd have to rename all the textures, and then rename all the textures in the model (in folder textures1 and sometimes textures2)

also, the models themselves have to have different names

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
k thnx, I'll try it.

Also, after porting it to eldin bridge, and doing some more editing, the left bleacher won't go to its spot again. th weird thing is that the back bleacher has no prob. The top, middle panel in the back won't go either. I've re-named all the bones, and made sure they go where they're supposed to go.

EDIT: Okay, I guess moving them to a different brres fixed it...?

Xigger

Smash Lord
Okay, I srsly need help. so far, I've been working on dedede stadium in brawlbox, and i went to test it in game, and boy was i surprised.

While BBox shows this

I get this in-game

Sorry for Large pics btw. I'm rly confused all animations seem to be fine. I rly don't understand anything, such as the texture on the main platform, the weird glitch texture on the right bleacher, and why the left and back bleacher don't move accordingly. If it helps, it is going over eldin bridge, but i had a similar prob when it was going over mario circuit. I could rly use help :(
Looks like an animation problem to me. Either the first animation frame doesn't match up with the platforms, or you put it on a stage where it can't recognize the animation for that model.

@Mewtwo_2000: I made one of those too. It's pretty cool.

Gee, I'm sure gonna get a lot of support in this thread :/

Roo525

Smash Ace
Looks like an animation problem to me. Either the first animation frame doesn't match up with the platforms, or you put it on a stage where it can't recognize the animation for that model.

@Mewtwo_2000: I made one of those too. It's pretty cool.

Gee, I'm sure gonna get a lot of support in this thread :/

*Epic*
You's be surprised, I support it fully!! :D

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Project M is interested in every beloved melee stage someone makes and plan to package them into our beta release when its ready. Let me know if your interested in joining the team.
I've already made melee jungle japes. I gave it to Orca. Hopefully he's given it to you by now... I'll upload it to Brawl Vault as soon as I can. By the way, it uses no rel files or anything like that. :p

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Fixed my problem. for some reason, the 1st model in each brres wouldn't respond to the animation, so I just made the background the first model in each brres. Anyways, here's my progress with in-game pics

Once I get the bleachers all fixed up, I'll add Bandanna Dee to the audience.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Fixed my problem. for some reason, the 1st model in each brres wouldn't respond to the animation, so I just made the background the first model in each brres. Anyways, here's my progress with in-game pics

Once I get the bleachers all fixed up, I'll add Bandanna Dee to the audience.
This is looking pretty good.

And thanks for the support! Speaking of which.... I could use some help.

This part of Pokemon Stadium has a wind effect. How do I go about porting this out? I doubt it's part of the model file.

Xigger

Smash Lord
i think you're starting at too high of a difficulty. you should begin with a stage thats just static, and then move on to animating models.

however, if you're insistent on doing this, then i'll recommend moving the stage model through an animation rather than try to have the camera move. it'll be a long animation, but you won't have to worry about MK's camera properties and can have the stage stop at the "gun" when it ends.
I hate to quote an old post, but what does MK have to do with camera properties?

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
This part of Pokemon Stadium has a wind effect. How do I go about porting this out? I doubt it's part of the model file.
I also was wondering how to do this xD no its not in the model I don't think and its not part of the collision data either so I would have to guess its a misc data or uncharted territory within a pac...

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
um...I tried to put a waddle Dee into the background of my stage, and that caused it to freeze. help? I need a lot of characters like that to go into the stage

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
um...I tried to put a waddle Dee into the background of my stage, and that caused it to freeze. help? I need a lot of characters like that to go into the stage
make sure you had all the correct textures and all the textures had the right formats first, and what is the size of the file?

Xigger

Smash Lord
I also was wondering how to do this xD no its not in the model I don't think and its not part of the collision data either so I would have to guess its a misc data or uncharted territory within a pac...
I'm not sure if it's in the effect file, and the collision data definetely doesn't have it. I guess if I can't be lazy and get the answer from someone else, I'll give my hang at it one of these days.

@Plasmakirby: It should be pretty easy, the same as any other character model if I'm not mistaken. Being an item (or article?) shouldn't make a difference. Make sure its animation is cleared out to see if that's the problem.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was making a 3D version of Yoshi's Island Crystal caves AKA This.

[collapse=old 2D stage]
[/collapse]

I'll just use BF's crystals since it's seperate and a good file size.

After a design tweak, the base stage and collision is done. Here's a pic of the base stage.

[collapse=beta]
[/collapse]
It'll look way better with the crystals.

Wow I really can't seem to work quickly.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Dude, please use either spoiler tags or thumbnails for images that large.

About the actual stage...could we get some reference for scale?

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was making a 3D version of Yoshi's Island Crystal caves AKA This.

[collapse=old 2D stage]
[/collapse]

I'll just use BF's crystals since it's seperate and a good file size.

After a design tweak, the base stage and collision is done. Here's a pic of the base stage.

[collapse=beta]
[/collapse]
It'll look way better with the crystals.

Wow I really can't seem to work quickly.
thank you!. i use the 2d stage you already made and when i heard that your making a 3d verison i got so happy. i aldeady downloaded the background music for it.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman

^ and just thought I'd post that

^ and that

Also, does anybody know a stage/ model in Brawl or in an imported stage that has a forest that isnt 2D, 2.5D but completely 3D (or mostly at least) I desperately need it for a stage so if anyone knows one please let me know

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Just thought i'd show you what i've been working on for a few days noa:

Supposed to be rooftop rampage from Crash Twinsaity XD
Haven't started working on the textures yet due to my phail skills at texture hacking DX
Oh does anybody know where to find a bell tower model by it's self?
Really need it

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Just thought i'd show you what i've been working on for a few days noa:

Supposed to be rooftop rampage from Crash Twinsaity XD
Haven't started working on the textures yet due to my phail skills at texture hacking DX
Oh does anybody know where to find a bell tower model by it's self?
Really need it
Not sure, but you can always vertex hack Delfino Plaza's Shine Sprite Sanctuary and then simply make the rest of the stage Transparent (I could do that for you)

Top Bottom