• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
you can try...

brinstar
mushroomy kingdom 1-2
luigi's mansion
jungle japes
spear pillar

...thats all i can think of right now.
the one most commonly used for night is snakes stage, but its fogs and lighting can be a pain...

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'm having serious trouble with a stage. The models show up correctly in Brawlbox, but not in-game.

Teaser:

Some models are wrong sized, models are lacking and some models are in the wrong position

I think I'll just move them all to the same modeldata. That might do it.

Matteron

Smash Ace
I'm having serious trouble with a stage. The models show up correctly in Brawlbox, but not in-game.

Some models are wrong sized, models are lacking and some models are in the wrong position

Do all the models have the correct animations?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
What do you mean?

If you mean change the model position/scale/etc in it's animation, having the exact same data in it's non-animation state I'm pretty sure I made it. It shows alright in the collision viewer.

It's different in-game, though.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
does anybody know how to make CPU's not ******** in stage hacks? I put a model over water in Pirates stage and now the CPU refuses to move when its under it and eventually drowns, which is ridiculously funny, but annoying.... This is happening in another stage of mine too

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
What do you mean?

If you mean change the model position/scale/etc in it's animation, having the exact same data in it's non-animation state I'm pretty sure I made it. It shows alright in the collision viewer.

It's different in-game, though.
Check the animations for ALL of the models
Meaning if there's an animation within the modeldata make sure the changes are carried over as they won't show up in-game

does anybody know how to make CPU's not ******** in stage hacks? I put a model over water in Pirates stage and now the CPU refuses to move when its under it and eventually drowns, which is ridiculously funny, but annoying.... This is happening in another stage of mine too
Delete misc data 20 and see if that works

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm having this issue too. In the clock tower stage from KCMM, the CPU will often not fight and run in the center of the cogwheel then resume fighting a few seconds later.

It's like the CPU thinks the stage hazard is everywhere but the center.

**** the Patriots! Making this board crash. Stupid machines.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

Did you manage to fix those model problems?

Also, just a pic of your Bond in Facility xD

Mit

Smash Ace
That Peach's Castle is looking Mewtwo2000 quality right there. Good work on that.

Pleeeease tell me you've got something in mind to get a bumper in the sky :p

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
That Peach's Castle is looking Mewtwo2000 quality right there. Good work on that.

Pleeeease tell me you've got something in mind to get a bumper in the sky :p
im working on the bumper at this moment
if i cant get it tow work that it bumps you away i only add collision around it

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm making my own versions of those two too xD

But that will be time after those two are finished I guess u_u

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
@Mewtwo 2000: Do you know how to make the pirate ship stage frozen? and only have "the bomb-shooting-pillar" on screen all the time? if you do, can you help me? xD

want to make "bombs away" minigames from mario party 2 as a stage xD

Mit

Smash Ace
lul, what do you mean "found a way"? His stage pack is just PhantomWings' stage roster expansion code, with 9 stages already setup and ready to go. You've always been able to make any stage compatible with the code, as well as do a bunch of other stuff (like change what slot replaces what kind of stage with .rel files, change the portraits of the 9 stages to any portrait you want, and change the amount of stages shown from 1-9).

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mewtwo 2000: Do you know how to make the pirate ship stage frozen? and only have "the bomb-shooting-pillar" on screen all the time? if you do, can you help me? xD

want to make "bombs away" minigames from mario party 2 as a stage xD
I don't think it's possible without an ocarina code. I mean, I guess the module file is the one that controls how the stage is about rain and bombs, and that means that the bomb-shooting-pillar appears randomly. Even managing to make it not move, I guess it wouldn't be appearing forever. I could take a look to it to be sure if it can be done or not, but I have no time to make a thing this summer u_u

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It might be possible through MiscData[20] editing.

I'm having issues vertexing something for a stage I'm making. All of its vertex groups can be exported and converted to 3ds with DDVB except for one group. It causes an error when trying to open the 3ds file. Would the new method be able to edit that vertice group?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I don't think it's possible without an ocarina code. I mean, I guess the module file is the one that controls how the stage is about rain and bombs, and that means that the bomb-shooting-pillar appears randomly. Even managing to make it not move, I guess it wouldn't be appearing forever. I could take a look to it to be sure if it can be done or not, but I have no time to make a thing this summer u_u
oh D:
you dont have do to it but I wonder if you can freeze brinstar/norfair lava in the middle? heard that's possibly xD
It might be possible through MiscData[20] editing.
maybe there is a switch in one of the rooms

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
oh D:
you dont have do to it but I wonder if you can freeze brinstar/norfair lava in the middle? heard that's possibly xD
Where did you hear that? O.o

All I know about Norfair's lava is that there no animation to make it go up/down, the position seems to be controled by the rel itself. And about brinstar, I guess the effect is similar to Norfair, but I know that there's burning even when there's no acid. I tried porting gamewatching's Metal Stage and there was some random burning even without the acid model in the file. So I don't think freezing the lava effect is possible by stage editing

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
hey mewtwo when are you going to put the spawning pokemon in saffron city

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'm on Hiatus on this weekend (including the friday). But I'll make sure I read everything when I'm back.

See ya all later ^^

P.S.: This is a small time I got to post this, but I didn't have the time to read the recent posts.
Sorry! I'll answer anything later.

Top Bottom