• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Shadic

What's the final size you need for Hyrule Castle? Did you calculate it? 80% maybe?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have to thank Rozablades for his recent upload. The Cave Crystal models from Judgement are just what I needed to complete crystal caves.

Here's what it looks like in game before I add them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ungvg1Lubyg#t=2m26s

Meanwhile, how do I make shadows appear on the main stage? I just want it on the main stage, not the rocks.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I may sound like a NooB, but how do i add animations to a brres? Like i import a model but i need an animation to move it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
@Shadic
What's the final size you need for Hyrule Castle? Did you calculate it? 80% maybe?
Maybe 85%. You're in the ProjectM Backroom right? Just make sure most of the characters can jump up the center tower platforms with a full-jump.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Resizing isn't that hard just figure out the current location of the model you are resizing, then use some math too figure out the new coordinates.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
right click on the brres, new>animation, then right click on the animation and add>new bone.
No i mean like if i made a stage from an Imported model and there was more than one animation needed. how would i make the created animations work in-game?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I made a 2D stage that is cs_assualt, CS:NS nostalgia lol.
I won't upload it now it's not ready, but I gotta warn you, it's big.

aHamburgerNinja

Smash Rookie
I eddited jungle japes and I added in a few platforms because I always got frustrated by falling between the main platform and the side platforms.

This is a view from the collision edditor, but in brawl the added platforms get so bright that they look white. Anyone have any suggestions?

PS: This is my first map.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
One solution would be using another scenedata and edit it to get the same lighting as before, but including the new lighting for the new models. The problem is that certain models get certain lights, and if a stage is not prepared for a model, that model won't get an appropiate lighting.

Nice idea BTW

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
See the WackaAlpaca's tutorial on youtube to learn how to attach collisions to models.
I've watched it numerous times and I've followed it step by step and it was unsuccessful.

@Mewtwo2000 - Basically I add a model to a brres, put coordinates in it's non-animation state, go to the collision editor, add new collision, attach it to the model's top bone (or only bone for most cases), make a collision around the model, go back to the model viewer, put the model's non-animation back to normal and give it an animation.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hi, I fixed all of my textures on my smashville norfair. I still need help on two things. I still have not been able to move the main stage model. I have made the Y translation many numbers and none of them move the model at all. The second thing i need help with is the lighting of the stage. It is too bright, the main stage and moving platform are all really bright and I wanted to know if it was possible to darken the lighting a bit. If so, How do I do this?
If someone could help me move the main model and fix the lighting that would be great. Here is the stage so far. http://www.mediafire.com/?72i25dy7ybphxwh
Reposting for help.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I've watched it numerous times and I've followed it step by step and it was unsuccessful.

@Mewtwo2000 - Basically I add a model to a brres, put coordinates in it's non-animation state, go to the collision editor, add new collision, attach it to the model's top bone (or only bone for most cases), make a collision around the model, go back to the model viewer, put the model's non-animation back to normal and give it an animation.
Ditto.
10 dittos

aHamburgerNinja

Smash Rookie
Huh, It seems that no matter what I do to these platforms, and their textures, and the scene data, the platforms stay mega bright. I think I might just use different platforms.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@M0nkUn1t , if the lighting is too bright get either Pictochat's or FD's scene data and replace your current one. About the model, it looks like you didn't add a bone animation for that model's bone...

@aHamburgerNinja The first part of what I said to M0nkUn1t also applies to you, btw, if neither that nor retexturing them darker work, do what you just said.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

Then, it could be you're using the wrong modeldata. Doing this in models in the modeldata[101] doesn't work. And other modeldatas don't work either, depending on the stage.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It seems a little random. In another stage I'm porting/tweaking from another game, it snaps to the model's bone in ModelData[5] fine in the view,

but trying to do so in Modeldata[9] is snapping it to a far out place.

Edit: ModelData[4] works fine too.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Then, it could be you're using the wrong modeldata. Doing this in models in the modeldata[101] doesn't work. And other modeldatas don't work either, depending on the stage.
I usually use the modeldata where the main platform is (modeldata2 for FD and modeldata10 for pirate ship etc.) I don't think I've ever put any models in 100 or 101. If I'm want my collisions to follow a model I put in FD, which modeldata would be best?

For anybody who cares to know, Metroid Other M's files can be opened with Brawlbox. Havent been able to access the models yet, but the textures are there, in stunning awesomeness. :3

libertyernie

Smash Ace
This stage is almost done:

It has one platform that moves up and down, and a couple of other surprises.
What it needs is a background. Anyone have any ideas?
I was able to import the background model from STGEDIT_1.PAC, so I can use a 2D image.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Mewtwo2000, if you're reading this, what could be done to freeze Delphino? You did make a moving stage like it (Mario Kart Alternative) so I think you might know.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I edited my model's Y translation and the Y translation in the animation, but neither have seemed to work in game. The model is moved in the collision editor though. I thought I did my changes correctly, can someone help me on this? The main stage model is supposed to be moved up by 40. http://ioj.com/v/k0w6n
I don't know what went wrong.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@ M0nkUn1t

Models and Collision:

When your making your collision data, If you've changed the stage/background position in it's animation, remember that you need to have the exact same data in it's non-animation state (you can change this when your already in an animation by going to frame 0), otherwise, it won't show the same in the collision editor..

Top Bottom