• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9293.0
I imported the sc_selmap from here into my common5 and used that as a base. Ever since then, I've never had it crash.
I'll look into it. Thank you :)

Why use Common5 when you can use sc_selmap?...

I'd avoid Common files if I were you.
I'll keep this advice in mind, but I've never seen or heard any reason to avoid Common files(do you have a reason?). In fact, the only difference I can see is that by using the Common files you are able to conveniently store more in the same spot on your SD card(not that this is really all that more convenient, but it is the only difference I see).

Since no one is able to answer my questions I'll get started on manually compiling my own list of SSS file sizes. I'd like to post it somewhere when I finish so others can benefit from it. Where would be the most appropriate place to post this information?

EDIT: The Wii stage looks like it will be really fun to play on :p
Please make sure that the background isn't some awful overstretched 2D trash heap. If I recall correctly, there was a very old hacked stage that was a 3D wooden table with presents on top. Putting the Wii on that table might look cool; if you dislike this, you might consider using the table stage as a background, instead.

This also looks like it could be cool, depending on what exactly it is(I can just tell that it's an open mouth):

Also, why is there a battlefild platform on Jigglypuff's head? XD

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Update!!!

Released at last!

This is the World Inside Ichigo, where he fought more than once his Inner Hollow.

Not only does his Inner Hollow live there, but also the spirit of his sword, Zangetsu.

Yes, the world is tilted 90°. That's how Ichigo's world is supposed to be normally.

Download Link:

:link2:

If you're downloading it after this post, it's already a fixed version for some small details (symmetrical boundaries and a transparency friendly, much better looking background). The one from the pics is still the old one.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
YES. THIS IS ALL MY NOSTALGIA-GOGGLED, OCD *** EVER WANTED.

Sorry, that's my second favorite not-in-Brawl Melee stage (my first being Mushroom Kingdom II). Now, if only someone would resize KTH's Kongo Jungle 64 and GameWatching's Yoshi's Island 64, I would be a happy, happy man. I want to make a program similar to fortwaffles' programs that would multiply the translation and scale bones in an MDL0 named "Node*" by an integer you would put in, to streamline the process.
GameWatching's Yoshi's Story is of near-perfect size.

KJ64, on the other hand, isn't... PMBR is currently working on doing some data analysis for that one. angled slopes are angled -_-

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i'm still working on my Green hill zone + 2.0

teh two platforms are low now and, the upper platform moves,
Also it has new texture (from original sprites from GHZ)
New collision, now yuo can't get trapped under the edges,
New location, now you can see the sonic TV but it doesn't part of the fight
Sonic's characters in the background(some animations need to be fixed, and also tehre will be a version without of them)
and of course teh new stage layout
I'm and thinkin in add some rings under the stage, inside.
now, tellme, what do you think?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I tried figuring out how to add shadows myself but I failed xD
Look @ this and you will get some help:
Mewtwo_2000 said:
Yeah, I've invented an useful model, a 20x0x20 one indeed, that makes shadows casting everywhere. If you're interested, I can explain you how to use it. My wish would be that every hacked stage would use it so every stage has shadows and look more realistic, but almost noone noticed about my invention.

Get one of my stages such as the Mario Villains one, and get the MShadow model you'll find in there. It's easy to place with mathematics, because of the exact dimensions it has. Be sure to have the TShadow1 texture in your stage and just try to place a little above the ground you're going to cast the shadow to. If getting trouble, just ask me

When you've successfully used it, ask me if you don't know how to make more than 1 shadow zones for your stages if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Just copying the answer in the PM so anyone can learn xD

---

Do you know how to move models by using character animations? I think that's what you have left in order to make the shadows work properly. Just create a character animation in modeldata[1] and when in the model previewer for the MShadow model, select the animation. When you change the translations/rotations/scales, the numbers will turn yellow if the animation is properly selected. Also, if MShadow is the only model in the modeldata[1], it still won't move. Just duplicate the model inside modeldata[101] (the poketrainer one) and import it into modeldata[1], placing it in the first place.

By doing all of this, you should be able to move the model. Now let's talk about maths. MShadow is made with proper dimensions so placing it is easy. The model is 20 points in X, 0 points in Y and 20 points in Z. If you have, for example, a ground that goes from (x,y,z)=(-200,-10,Z) to (x,y,z)=(150,-10,Z), then you have that the total X lenght of the ground is 350. 350/20=17. This is the X scale for MShadow. Also, -10 will be the Y translation for MShadow. The X translation will be the middle point in X, so (-200+150)/2=-25. And Z will be determined of how is the ground in your stage. The X and Y values can be extracted from the collisions, just by viewing where the collision vertices are. For Z you will need to know the dimensions of the ground, or just test and fail. You won't be able to see the MShadow model in the collision editor at first, but if you preview it alone, you can enable the TShadow texture in it so you can view it in the previewers.

The collisions are only in X and Y, so you can't move them to the front or behind. That's why the collision data is useful to place shadows in X and Y, but not Z. You can move the stage, but not the collisions, so you can have battlefield in the background and brawling in front of it in an invisible platform.

I hope you understood this Bible xD

Thanks for your interest =)

johnovision160

Smash Cadet
@Oshtoby/Frozen Hobo
Yeah Frozen Hobo, please Release Yoshi Island 64 verison 2.0.That was the yoshi Island is my favorite followed by melee yoshi story lol.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to make part of a polygon or texture invisible? I can't figure out how to do it myself. Here's what I'm trying to do:

Basically I want to make the parts of the stage outside of those lines to not show up. When I delete polygons, it takes off too much so I'm at a loss.

johnovision160

Smash Cadet
@GameWatch/FrozenHobo
Hey Guy's would you by any chance release Yoshi island 64 verison 2.0 as bonus along side Yoshi Story(Melee)? That Stage was really awesome and I wish you never took It done to begin with GameWatch, I honestly loved that stage :D

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
@GameWatch/FrozenHobo
Hey Guy's would you by any chance release Yoshi island 64 verison 2.0 as bonus along side Yoshi Story(Melee)? That Stage was really awesome and I wish you never took It done to begin with GameWatch, I honestly loved that stage :D
i need to find where the file is, but i could give it to him to re-release.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@br3compactor
Something screams "Green Hill" to me. Probably the color scheme.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
It's from a game called Alex Kidd in Miracle World. But I only know that from the name of the file.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I remember alexx kid. it was a fun game, and that stage brings back memories.

and yes this was sega's mascot before that blue furry.

on top of that it was one of the best games of it's era.

Top Bottom