• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

Well one of them is on your postbit.

The other one's name starts with a letter found within M-Z in the alphabet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We're not banning the stage because of characters but because it's unviable in competitive play.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I took damage from an opponent that bounced off the lava that randomly appeared on the side after I hit him. Not only did the lava safe him completely but I also took damage for something I had no influence over whatsoever. Idk if you actually can die from it but 16ish % is already too much plus the fact that you can *not* anticipate something like that to happen. You literally get punished for doing the right thing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You can't actually die from it unless you're offstage.

And Gheb that's not an argument, after all MK is legal, do the right thing against him and you're still in a bad position.

Also BPC Norfair is actually good for Dedede in specific MUs.

Just doesn't matter because they'll just CP with MK.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I took damage from an opponent that bounced off the lava that randomly appeared on the side after I hit him. Not only did the lava safe him completely but I also took damage for something I had no influence over whatsoever. Idk if you actually can die from it but 16ish % is already too much plus the fact that you can *not* anticipate something like that to happen. You literally get punished for doing the right thing.

Because it's not like you have a 10 second warning it's coming at all.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gheb is right to an extent. Even though there is suitible warning from neutral positions, you could get hit by a strong attack before these warnings appear and you could wind up being affected.

Also that glitch with the capsules.

Tesh

Smash Hero
No, but people tend to feel more cheated by a massive wall of fire that does damage.

People just don't seem to care as much about random defensive things.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
With MK banned, are there any stages that could be legalized without worry of him ****** everyone?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Skyworld is fine.

You can break the blocks to prevent circle camping, and without Meta Knight's tornado spam + easy scrooging, it's probably legit.

I doubt there would be an over-centralization on teching, and the "issue" of people not being able to grab the ledge if the block is broken is just a counter-pick quality, not broken at all.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha skyworld would be interesting to test. First thing that comes to mind as far as complaints go is bad players whining about the easy jab lock opportunities(which isn't a problem if you learn2tech)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Naa you can accidentally buffer the tech window and be unable to tech trying to do other stuff.
Like air-dodging to the ground and shiz.
Idk if that hurts the legitimacy of the stage at all though.

^ Bingo.

Stage assisted kills are bad, which must mean that stage-spiking is bad, because I probably would have lived had the stage not have been there.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Haha skyworld would be interesting to test. First thing that comes to mind as far as complaints go is bad players whining about the easy jab lock opportunities(which isn't a problem if you learn2tech)
Jab locks aren't even legit. You can easily DI away from them.You may get like two free hits off of them but that's about it.

Top Bottom