• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

zankyou

Smash Lord
Ive been experimenting with character models recently but I think Ill do anyone stage soon as not to lose my touch.

DRGN

Technowizard
Ive been experimenting with character models recently but I think Ill do anyone stage soon as not to lose my touch.
Are you planning to publicly document your R&D thus far?

I've thought it'd be interesting to look into model hacks for quite some time, but haven't looked at it at all yet. One thing I've wondered for a long time though is, do you know if stage models and character models use the same format and/or structures? All I know is that trophies are apparently totally different from characters (and probably stages too, I think).

zankyou

Smash Lord
Are you planning to publicly document your R&D thus far?

I've thought it'd be interesting to look into model hacks for quite some time, but haven't looked at it at all yet. One thing I've wondered for a long time though is, do you know if stage models and character models use the same format and/or structures? All I know is that trophies are apparently totally different from characters (and probably stages too, I think).
Stages and characters are the same. Stage files have more stuff in them though. As far as model hacks go, theres no reason why melee cant have an equivalent to brawlbox. I was going to as tcll about exporting .dae files and importing them but hes disappeared.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I imported all these into my 20xx ISO and they all look great on my Wii... but only with 1 player. When I try to load any of these stages with 2 players my Wii immediately freezes. Does anybody know what causes this? It works fine on Dolphin.

Nvm figured it out, it was because I had neutral spawn turned on.
Thats actually really weird because I didnt touch battlefields collisions and spawns.

CFMV

"The Marf"
Thats actually really weird because I didnt touch battlefields collisions and spawns.
It wasn't happening consistently, after I turned off neutral spawn and random stage music I stopped getting freezes. The problem could have been random stage music the whole time and I just got lucky the time I turned off neutral spawn.

EDIT: I was able to confirm that random stage music was causing the crashes. I even got a crash once at the menu after turning it on.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It wasn't happening consistently, after I turned off neutral spawn and random stage music I stopped getting freezes. The problem could have been random stage music the whole time and I just got lucky the time I turned off neutral spawn.

EDIT: I was able to confirm that random stage music was causing the crashes. I even got a crash once at the menu after turning it on.
http://smashboards.com/threads/fixed-toggleable-alternate-character-textures.386137/#post-18421043
And the next couple comments down

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I meant to respond to this a while ago. Im not making new stages. Im only importing. In particular Im more interested in streamlining the process so others can join in on it.
You have no idea how badly I want to be able to do this with you.

This coming week I am off work. If I was a single man, I would make a trip to Memphis, tie you in a chair, and force you to have me import a stage before letting you loose. Then I would probably give you some monies for your trouble.

But seriously, talk to your CS professors about MeleeBox being your senior project.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Starting to think shadows have a hand in the lag Im getting. But it could be in my head. Hard to test.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
You have no idea how badly I want to be able to do this with you.

This coming week I am off work. If I was a single man, I would make a trip to Memphis, tie you in a chair, and force you to have me import a stage before letting you loose. Then I would probably give you some monies for your trouble.

But seriously, talk to your CS professors about MeleeBox being your senior project.
Something tells me Achilles wants to help Zankyou to import more stages. I dunno what it is though. I'm hyped.

I wish I could work on Melee mods for school.
That sounds like a dream come true.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Wow. Let's all keep an eye on DSX8. The dude is ridiculous.

Zankyou, do you think this would lag if only the stage was imported? Similar to your SSB4 battlefield.
If its a Sm4sh stage its probably going to lag. I wouldnt mind doing it anyways since it could still be used with the mncb but itd probably be an 12mb file to boot since melee doesnt have compressed files.

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
If it were the 3DS version, do you think it work better? IIRC, the background is basically just an image (as opposed to the actual modeled backdrop buildings in the WiiU version).

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Also, I have been meaning to ask this.I think it'd be cool to do.(I can't do it because I am done.)Someone could try to get Peach's Castle, Planet Zebes, Saffron City, Battlefield, Final Destination and Metal Cavern on Melee as Model Hacks.It'd be cool to seem them but it'd take quite a lot of effort.

Vesne

Smash Cadet
Best I could do. Its already 2.4MB and I didnt even add the floating background objects. The original background itself was 1 MB but I couldnt get it to render properly so were back to this sky and sunshine setting.

I want to at least try and get the moon working as well as move the sunshine a bit.
Now I have to sleep for a few hours before my class, was entirely too excited about this stage to sleep.
Z zankyou is a download link available for this stage? I would love to use this even if it can only run on dolphin. I understand if you aren't ready to release it, thanks either way!

zankyou

Smash Lord
Its out. Makes me wanna create a dolphin only melee build.

Z zankyou is a download link available for this stage? I would love to use this even if it can only run on dolphin. I understand if you aren't ready to release it, thanks either way!
I didnt. I couldnt get the moon to import properly and the file size was getting too large so I stopped. Im going to make a second pass on some stages then I might work on it some more after that.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
dat stadium from earlier though.....itll be awesome if it has transformations from stadium 1 still!

zankyou

Smash Lord
Is anyone good at making GUI's? I might ask for your help at some point because Ive never made one.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone good at making GUI's? I might ask for your help at some point because Ive never made one.
Do you mean experience in designing one, or related to coding a new one? If it's graphics/design related, I'd be down. Really tired of Melee's HUD/GUI.

zankyou

Smash Lord
doesent load 4 players? can the game not handle it?
stage files over ~2.5 mb break on certain combinations of characters (the ones with the larger files sizes including aj files). Pokemon stadium loads all 4 or 5 versions at once so it was already around 2 mb. Add in the new stuff and its probably over 3MB. We need a way of downloading more ram for the gc.

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
stage files over ~2.5 mb break on certain combinations of characters (the ones with the larger files sizes including aj files). Pokemon stadium loads all 4 or 5 versions at once so it was already around 2 mb. Add in the new stuff and its probably over 3MB. We need a way of downloading more ram for the gc.
If you want to download more ram, I know a good site. http://downloadmoreram.com/ My friends recommended it to me, so if anyone can implement that to gc, like dansalvato or achilles, that would be nice. Glad I could help, good luck guys

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Should have a few stages by the end of the week. Probably...
Hell. yes.

Question - Say you are importing Stage A to Melee. How hard is it for you to take a single bone structure or two from Stage B and then add it to the imported Melee Stage A file?

(aka is it feasible to take the circled items from below and add them to the omega Peach's castle? I know the collisions would need tons of updates and stuff but I'm more interested in if it is "easy" to just make them show up.)

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Hell. yes.

Question - Say you are importing Stage A to Melee. How hard is it for you to take a single bone structure or two from Stage B and then add it to the imported Melee Stage A file?

(aka is it feasible to take the circled items from below and add them to the omega Peach's castle? I know the collisions would need tons of updates and stuff but I'm more interested in if it is "easy" to just make them show up.)

View attachment 90035
Its the same amount of work as importing every other part of the model. Ive repeated that sunshine and sky a few times.

Last edited:

Nakedthan

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the original pack? I will click on it and it will say, "This webpage is not available."

KegMaster7000x

Smash Rookie
Bump... any progress with any of these? They're absolutely awesome!!
Btw, the link with all the stages in the first page does not work.

Top Bottom