• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages Discussion for C.Falcon (UPDATED for NEW MBR rules)

D

Deleted member

my simple advice ***** pretty hard but i'll go in-depth a bit

vs fox:

provided they don't suck kok, ban FoD because a smart fox who knows the right strategy on that stage will make it very tough for you to win on that stage.

but if you know they are freaking bad on FoD or hate that stage, feel free to ban something else

of the remaining stages: Yoshis, battlefield, dreamland, Final Destination, stadium

i think all of them are fine (including yoshis), ban based on your strengths/weaknesses/ preference

i welcome people picking yoshis on me because if you space like a champ it's really not TOO bad your n-airs cover a lot of distance

people are less likely to recover because stage is small= i don't have to edgeguard SICK

only downfall is it's tough to techchase more than a few grabs/hits because of the small stage+edges everywhere where they can recover safely

most of you will probably still ban yoshis (if you know they won't pick FoD) and thats fine if ur not likely to win on it

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
Yoshis is kinda a big gamble if you're not sure about it. You get a lucky knee without di, Randall, etc. So personally, I don't ban it. I'll ban FoD everytime. It's my preference, and I'll stick with it.

:phone:

0Room

Smash Lord
Yoshi's can be really really bad
Really
bad

I played this really really in your face fox
holy **** I was like "where is the stage?!"

0Room

Smash Lord
Also btw
There is now a stage discussion tab underneath the "General" tab of the Falcon Index
Just in case you guys were interested

D

Deleted member

the only fox who really gave me trouble on yoshis was silent wolf because his pressure/ not ****ing up tech skill so I can punish him is super on point

Windrose

Smash Lord
don't you guys like yoshi's for the wall jump though? Isn't it scar's favourite stage?

I almost never see any falcon cp brinstar except for SS occasionally. (i can only think of brinstar as a good cp vs spacies...maybe marth??)

Do you guys believe SS's concept of CPing random is a good idea in tournaments as a method for practicing on all the stages?

0Room

Smash Lord
No lol it's just if you wanna see what people have said in the past there you can look.
That thread isn't a discussion thread just a guide.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Why do you say that?

edit;
Against Fox specifically or in general?
i was mostly thinking about spacies. as i view it, falcon is more explosive on fd than any other stage due to how easily he can get combo ***** while the lack of platforms makes it easier for him to space (not to mention he has a very easy time comboing as well)

i don't think that any stage is very risky anyway though, they all qualify as "safe"

Windrose

Smash Lord
what about falcon get tech chased super easily on FD?

vs non spacies, there's the gayness of chain grab by certain characters.

Does anyone have any input on when cping brinstar would be something they'd want to do?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
vs. spacies and marf. falcon is pretty good on brinstar. but ofcourse hes **** on it compared to puff,peach,ganon

i say dreamland all day, thats where I take spacies. I agree that fd is also a bigger gamble than ys, but ys is still a decent gamble.

D

Deleted member

pick brinstar if ur a *******

good choice vs fox, marth maybe shiek

not that good imo vs falco

my advice is pick brinstar once vs opponent you face alot and make them ban it everytime when you have no intention of going there

=

fd indeed has the most risk factor because whoever gets a sequence of hits going is gunna **** for a while. There's no platforms to disrupt combos/ aid in recovery. Falcon's recovery is abysmal on this stage. Literally should never be able to live once hes off stage

but you can also return the ****..

Windrose

Smash Lord
Oh crap, you are definitely right about FD....I never thought about it like that with the risk factor and everything...

I almost never CP to FD and I guess this is probably why :S Even against marth...i usually go to pokemon (or rainbow cruise) Dreamland usually banned against marth.

Why is brinstar gay? I usually considered it as a cp if falcon is getting gimped a lot early in stock and the lava might provide some insurance for these situations.

D

Deleted member

brinstar is gay because of the lava and if you counterpick it you become cursed and become gheyed by the stage

just my n00b opinion but stages like brinstar/ rainbow cruise aren't good for the game... and i think you improve better if you learn to win on neutrals.

rainbow cruise is a great stage for falcon though, free *** tech chases on the boat

last game of rom3 m2k vs dr. pp on rainbow cruise is simply gay and ****** ****

Windrose

Smash Lord
Woahhhh go on about this free tech chase on the boat. The only tricks i know on the boat are the side b against the boat's.....captain room thing...where you can do the SS side-b trick.

Also a lot of people seem to like to tech in place or towards the right when down throwed towards that captain room thing....so I always just knee there and it's been working quite well..The only other option is towards you which just boils down to a 50/50 guess :S

D

Deleted member

i think its simply because the way they boat is structured tech chasing is easier because most of the time they have less area to roll to when they tech, and the right side of the boat is small enuf for you to basically never miss

reminds me of the right side of stadium's rock stage, but more awkward

Windrose

Smash Lord
I hate the right side of the stadium's rock stage =( It's super gay when you're trying to get up from the ledge. What do you guys do in those situations when on the ledge of the right side of rockemon stadium?

0Room

Smash Lord
RC is pretty amazing, I like CP there every now and again for fun. But not really in a super serious tourney.
I generally try to avoid the rocky side of PS

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
my advice is pick brinstar once vs opponent you face alot and make them ban it everytime when you have no intention of going there
lol this is so good and true.

and rc is pretty ballin. i would never in my life take a spacie there though.

what is errybodys thoughts on battlefrield vs. spacies? ever cp it?

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I think it's okay.
All the neutrals are okay, none of them really benefit over the others imo
I feel like Falco combos really easily on Bf though

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's actually the cp i pick most vs spacies. I think hax goes there as well vs spacies.

Good blast boxes, ceiling not super low like yoshis vs fox but not the highest either. Ledges **** up spacy recoveries a lot more :S (everything that scar said in his original post about battlefield in the first page)

FD = gay vs falco and can be gay vs fox too like that risk factor that s2j said
Dreamland is usually banned i think...i'm not sure if there is another stage fox would ban other than this....falco too maybe..but Dreamland can be good for falco in terms of having lots of room to laser :S
Yoshis is too small and not a good choice
fountain of dreams is a fountain of dreams.

Which pretty much just leaves battlefield left lol.

Most people are also very comfortable on battlefield because it is probably the most neutral stage. except for vsing sheik....i never wanna go there vs sheik...but at least it's still better than fountain of dreams.

EDIT: wow 0room pretty much ninja'd me.

I don't know if I agree that all neutrals are okay though... FoD is generally not prefered. nor is FD vs falco when other choices are available. I'd probably much more prefer battlefield or dreamland vs fox than yoshi's story when given the option.

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah which is sad because I loveeeeeeeeeeeee DreamLand
Even though FoD has better music

Windrose

Smash Lord
Roneblaster just said spacies don't ban dreamland.

Trolling rules: you must use the ":troll:" emoticon if you are trolling =(

Windrose

Smash Lord
maybe spacies ban brinstar? I've been thinking about cping there vs spacies.

0Room

Smash Lord
Just remmeber
Spacies are people too

And people have their own habits
From a character perspective though, Fox's best ban is DL64 against CF imo
[if we're only counting neutrals]

People may ban Brinstar
But characterwise Fox does just fine on it

0Room

Smash Lord
So wait, I just thought of something

If Falcon does well on all of the available CPs
[RC, Brinstar, KJ64]
And some other characters struggle significantly on them

Why don't we pick those CPs more?

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I guess that makes sense, but I just got back to Melee and know barely anything about it, so I can't comment on that.

Also, I'm always playing on Fountain of Dreams, for no reason at all.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
So wait, I just thought of something

If Falcon does well on all of the available CPs
[RC, Brinstar, KJ64]
And some other characters struggle significantly on them

Why don't we pick those CPs more?
most likely because most people don't play on them in friendlies, so you lack stage familiarity/comfort

Or you think it's lame/dishonorable/unfun/whatever, which im not condemning; I'm pretty much a scrub when it comes to CP stages. I don't enjoy playing on them.

Well, that, and also that my focus is on improving my game on neutrals, so I'd take the experience on a neutral (and a possible loss) in a tournament set over a win that was made possible only by a CP stage. Getting good on a CP stage will definitely aid your ability to win tournament sets, but it's sort of a short term improvement.

if you'd like elaboration on that idea it's talked about more in depth here

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=90378

With the overall trend in stage legality maybe someday soon they won't even be options, anyway.

Top Bottom