• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Story time with (Lux)-The Legend of EAlert aka the Fastest Pivot Grab from Down Under

Sieguest

Smash Master
The only time the throw in a CG is truly unmashable is after Nana performs a dthrow. This is true for the entire roster (or at least as far as I've gone). I'll explain more later today after I tweak the chart and finish the rest of the cast.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
A video isn't going to show you anything useful. Other than seeing someone doing a super fast pivot grab.

Just do a stutter step fsmash, but then hit grab right after fsmash.

DeLux

Uhhhhhhhhh...

Play around with it. I'm sure you'll find something you want to pivot grab at some point.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
well you were talking about punishing tornado and i was wondering how this would punish nado any better than a normal pivot grab (which doesnt work if the MK waits for it then nados in after)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Methinks Lux was talking more about using it as a reactionary move.
Using a boost pivot grab comes out at least 6 frames faster. So it's much better to punish nados starting close to you with. Or catching a misspaced nado as it comes to you.

lain

Smash Master
The reason mach tornado ***** you (& every other IC player in the world) is partly because you're already committed to doing something like stupidly desyncing too close. The much BIGGER reason it ***** IC's is MK's will tornado higher then the pivot grab spacing, still hitting you. If you shield it, they retreat to a platform.

I've heard countless stories of people trying to figure out what to do. Usmash, Pivot-fsmash, di the first tornado hits outwards and grab.

Yeah this is a good way to pivot, but it's not really an answer to tornado.

DeLux

True.

The point of the technique is to reduce the risk of accidentally roll cancelling a pivot grab. If you can get a grab because an MK misspaces nado, great. But I would think that a faster technique if horizontally zoned would allow for more aggressive desyncs. Not stupid close, just more space/reaction frames than one had before. So it's a help imo.

The point of the long story in the OP was satire. I was talking to another labbie, and he and I were like, "People don't like technique based instructions because they can't relate to it." So I decided to write an anecdotal piece instead of strict ACRONYM instructions to a technique.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, since i first started messing around with ICs ive been using that to pivot grab just cause it felt easier to me, now i know why :D

Top Bottom