• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

Sharky

Smash Master
nah we're all just going sunday.

peachy: is your yoshi friend coming to this? if so there's gonna be three freaking yoshis here at this tourney. o.O

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, well, plans have changed for the worst. Can't get the 20 bucks from my folks, so I'm stuck with a little over 130, which means I could get the bus down, just not enough for entry fee/housing/food, so with that now in place, I'm sad to say that I won't be able to make it down. ;-;

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So I was playing with KID on the 22" I was planning on bringing the other day, and it ended up getting some visual lag it's never had before. Obviously, this is bad, because it might not end up working for the tournament, now. If someone has an extra component cable (which could possibly, but not likely, also be a problem,) please bring it. Composite too, since I don't have one to check those ports.

It's bizarre, and kinda bad news. Do we even know how many setups we have confirmed, then? Considering Cyberstorm basically can't provide, by the sounds of things, it could be troublesome if we're not sure.
Don't worry. Jesse should have my extra AV cables.

I'm also bringing my wii just in case.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Me, Eevee, Sharky, Bry, Stomps, Pdiddy, Acton, and Magoo are all coming for brawl on sunday. Pdiddy is unsure but the rest is comfirmed.

hubble

Smash Ace
Theres no tournament on sunday though, why you guys coming then??

You gotta be here on saturday, we're gonna do it real big then.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Lol, let me add to the last minute johns, everyone. My roommates trip to Canada has been CANCELLED, lol! Therefore, he'll be staying in his bed this weekend.

Don't worry if you were planning on staying at my place. There is still room for two on the floor in my room. Also, my floor has a lounge with couches that someone else can sleep in. I wouldn't normally let anyone sleep in there but I won't kick anyone out if they are planning on staying with me.

If you ARE still planning on staying at my place, post, so I can pm you my contact information ( cell, address, whatever. ) Hope to see more than 6 people on Saturday! :chuckle:

OH, yeah and I have a full set up as I'm sure you're aware, so my *** better get a ride to cyberstorm, cause I'm not walking, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If my venue fee got cut.
I said no. I told you this.
Lol, let me add to the last minute johns, everyone. My roommates trip to Canada has been CANCELLED, lol! Therefore, he'll be staying in his bed this weekend.

Don't worry if you were planning on staying at my place. There is still room for two on the floor in my room. Also, my floor has a lounge with couches that someone else can sleep in. I wouldn't normally let anyone sleep in there but I won't kick anyone out if they are planning on staying with me.

If you ARE still planning on staying at my place, post, so I can pm you my contact information ( cell, address, whatever. ) Hope to see more than 6 people on Saturday! :chuckle:

OH, yeah and I have a full set up as I'm sure you're aware, so my *** better get a ride to cyberstorm, cause I'm not walking, lol.

For everyone from RIT coming to this, heres a special schedule for you.

1:30 KID (and KoJ on sat.) Leaves his house
1:45 KID arrives to the RIT SAU at that giant swirly hollow thing, and collects gas money from everyone that wants a ride.
1:46 KID departs to CyberStorm with RIT kids in tow.
1:55 KID arrives at CyberStorm and beings installing smash setups
2:00 people play friendlies

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm bringing a full brawl setup, however my TV randomly developed a single pink line running down the middle of the right side, and I haven't verified the lag aspect on it yet. I'll leave it up to Goggles whether or not it's used for tourney.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well everyone, even with the work I tried to pull off, I'm afraid I won't be makin' it to the tourney. D: All I can say is I tried, **** NY bus prices... Although I will say this, for the tourney in Syracuse next month, that is a commitment, so I hope to see most or all of you there.

altairian

Smash Lord
We're looking forward to it Zhenkai. I have a buddy that lives in the potsdam area, I'll see if I can convince him to practice up some smash and come down (he doesn't really play at all atm so I knew I couldn't convince him for this one :p )...maybe you'd be able to hitch a ride with him if your other friend can't go again.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well, thing was, this was short notice, cuz a week and a half, after asking for more hours from your boss, doesn't really look good, so he didn't want to press his luck. We're already starting to plan on it for next month, and I'm rather syched for it for one thing. Tourney is the 30th, my B-day is the 29th, so woot for that. Heh, either way, let me know his name, I might actually know him. I know a few guys in the Potsdam, Norwood/Norfolk, and Canton areas.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
People in this region that can beat me in melee

JesiahTEG
PikaPika!
MarioMoonshine
BetaBahamut
TheManaLord
KneeOfJustice
TheGeneral
Goodies

JesiahTEG: Might not be coming due to forgetting about the tournament and planning over it.

PikaPika!: Mad rusty. May be able to pull a win out of my butt due to him being a huge BK

MarioMoonshine: Probably not coming.

Beta: Will let me win to once again see my amazing Dave Chappelle inspired victory dance.

Mana: Will be too inebriated to play properly.

KOJ: plays falco, so is easy to gay. is not massive amounts better than me, doesnt play the matchup correctly, and plays with me often enough for me to know his style.

General: I know his style due to playing him often, and even without that, I go about even with anyway...

Goodies: Is not willing to use all of the gay at his disposal against me.

Wow, I really have a chance at winning this...
G@ME

Keyo~Zakuya

Smash Cadet
NNID
HakumeiTenshi
3DS FC
1504-6123-3627

I plan on staying too but my brother seems to be ify about me staying some dude's house in another city by myself if other people (makes sense,right?) I told him i'd think of an alternate solution (which was a lie), because he's "worried"about me being "on my own".

I'm staying there.

Also, I'm not so sure I'll enter Brawl at all. ^^;
Hey! your supposed to be my doubles partner, so you're enter wether you want to or not! and you better not sandbag or else!

Me, Eevee, Sharky, Bry, Stomps, Pdiddy, Acton, and Magoo are all coming for brawl on sunday. Pdiddy is unsure but the rest is comfirmed.
Damm it I wanted to face Pdiidy again....

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
KOJ: plays falco, so is easy to gay. is not massive amounts better than me, doesnt play the matchup correctly, and plays with me often enough for me to know his style.
So if it is you and me in Grand Finals I will make it a money match. Winner takes both players winnings. You think I don't know how to wait for a jab or space you? Fool, I have lasers.

Foy

Smash Champion
People in this region that can beat me in melee

JesiahTEG
PikaPika!
MarioMoonshine
BetaBahamut
TheManaLord
KneeOfJustice
TheGeneral
Goodies

JesiahTEG: Might not be coming due to forgetting about the tournament and planning over it.

PikaPika!: Mad rusty. May be able to pull a win out of my butt due to him being a huge BK

MarioMoonshine: Probably not coming.

Beta: Will let me win to once again see my amazing Dave Chappelle inspired victory dance.

Mana: Will be too inebriated to play properly.

General: I know his style due to playing him often, and even without that, I go about even with anyway...

Goodies: Is not willing to use all of the gay at his disposal against me.

Wow, I really have a chance at winning this...
G@ME
Yo you forgot me. or you just think im bad or something.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Pdiddy will be there, ill make him go. lol. along with the other 8 people from cuse we got mad peeps now. should be a great tourney i cant wait!

@Mana, im hitting u up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So if it is you and me in Grand Finals I will make it a money match. Winner takes both players winnings. You think I don't know how to wait for a jab or space you? Fool, I have lasers.
Except for the fact that I recently just gained the ability to powershield lasers.
GG good sir.

Yo you forgot me. or you just think im bad or something.
Im not gonna lie to you. I dont think youre good, feel free to change my mind.
Its like $50. Melee is gonna have a bad turnout.
Yo Erik i got a car. Where should i meet you guys at?
You should meet in syracuse so you can pick up erk and beta.
goggles I'll do some friendlies with you in melee on sunday if there's a setup

done.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
@Goggles
Sounds like you learned how to shield grab better if you think PS lasers is gonna help you beat Falco. Dash -> PS -> Shield Grab. Sounds legit to me :). I'm also willing to bring out all of the gay vs you next time we meet and any other campy player I go against. Turnip, Laser, Fair Camping is just going to fuel me to **** you more. Also, I'm looking forward to your Princess Peach's Castle CP. Get out my house fool!

Who's teaming with who this tourney? I need to know so I should plan accordingly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
How did Rochester do at Revival of Melee?

Pyro didnt win any matches in pools. but he mains roy and he was in mangos pool

hubble and Pinpoint won some matches but didnt make it out of first pools.

KoJ got out of first round pools, he was in Dr. Peepee's pool. but kinda got obliterated in second round pools

jesiah got out of first round pools easily, i think. but he along with lambchops was cheated out of brackets even tho the person that got in in jesiahs place (matt.zeb) he 2-0d in both pools.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, Goodies, do you have the balls? to stick your balls... in another dude?

I dont think your man enough to be that gay.

Prove me wrong.

You wont.

hubble

Smash Ace
Teams so far in melee:

Jesse/Koj
Mana/Foy
General/Minh
Pinpoint/Goggles

I'm still looking for a partner or else i would be on the list :(

SMASH FEST AT RIT TONIGHT

Top Bottom