• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Pretty sure it's because Echoes aren't made the same was the previous clones. Do note that they still have the same moveset as the base character, with only animation tweaks and at best a Final Smash. Unique animations for things like taunts, slightly varied aesthetics, are not the same thing as entirely different movesets, weights, etc. Dr. Mario, like the rest of the clones are significantly different in their weights, power, knockback, abilities, and even have different models(though similar enough ones. Dr. Mario is the only clone with the same model).

Echoes are easy 1:1 clones. Regular clones are not 1:1 inherently. Plus, Dr. Mario has a very different moveset with severely different properties.
I actually think ZeRo did an analysis on Dark Samus. Check it out if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ZYBU94ap4

I'm not too sure i'd say Dark Samus is a 1:1 in terms of moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually think ZeRo did an analysis on Dark Samus. Check it out if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ZYBU94ap4

I'm not too sure i'd say Dark Samus is a 1:1 in terms of moveset.
It's 1:1 with the proportions. I really said that poorly.

She has clear tweaks to better represent her character. It's clear the Echoes are worked on more than 4's were. That said, there's a small possibility they're just the new name for basic clones or something. Just with 1:1 proportions otherwise.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

She has clear tweaks to better represent her character. It's clear the Echoes are worked on more than 4's were. That said, there's a small possibility they're just the new name for basic clones or something. Just with 1:1 proportions otherwise.
Well, Chrom definitely isn’t a straight clone. But he may be the exception, given how similar in proportions most FE characters are.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I wish there was more info about her, We still haven't really seen some moves being performed yet. But she seems like she had a lot of work put into her.

And the more i think of it, the more the work on echoes seem less surprising. At least they didn't have to make 2 different versions for two separate consoles.

Who knows how much they got done. :D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wish there was more info about her, We still haven't really seen some moves being performed yet. But she seems like she had a lot of work put into her.

And the more i think of it, the more the work on echoes seem less surprising. At least they didn't have to make 2 different versions for two separate consoles.

Who knows how much they got done. :D
That might be why. They probably aren't last minute either(Richter obviously wasn't).

Well, Chrom definitely isn’t a straight clone. But he may be the exception, given how similar in proportions most FE characters are.
Exactly. This is why I don't think he's a good argument for, say, Dixie easily getting a retool of DK's Up B. Maybe it could work, maybe it couldn't. But Ike and Chrom shared near identical builds, so retooling the animation after already having a fully playable model and skeleton was not that super hard.

From my understanding, it might be doable because Donkey Kong and Dixie have similar proportions, at least.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I hope there is an edition of Smash Ultimate with a Season Pass. Otherwise the DLC for this game is gonna bleed me dry. (And I’ll love every second of it.

This. Dark Samus and Chrom could have been labeled as unique Fighters and I don’t think anybody would have complained. Plus we’d all be more scared about how few characters are probably left, and Sakurai trollmaster feeds on our fear.
I feel like if dark samus was considered a unique fighter some people would be a bit disappointed. And the only reason being that a lot of its moves arent inspired from the moves it has in the prime series. For example if dark samus' moves as an assist trophy in smash 4 were incorporated into the moveset then that could very much make it a unique fighter

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd go through my complete thoughts on Isaac's chances in Ultimate in one post. Here we go, let's start with the collected pros and cons listed from most important to least important. I won't be including any "leaks," as I believe those are fake until proven real.

Pros

+ He's first-party Nintendo. While 3rd Party characters are obviously possible, Smash has always given emphasis and priority on Nintendo's history. Easily the best thing he has going for him.

+ The Ballot. Sakurai has confirmed that he used the Ballot to decide the cast, or at least most of it. This is extremely good for Isaac, as the Ballot was his best shot since he did have a major push to vote for him. The exit polls show that Isaac is currently #1 overall from that data. While it's not conclusive, it's a very good sign of his performance. The demand is there.

+ The potential for a moveset is enormous. Seriously, there is no limit to what they can do with Isaac. He brings something very unique to Smash, and anyone who played even a bit of Golden Sun knows that his sword doesn't define him, it's his Psynergy.

+ He's been in Smash before. He was an assist trophy in Brawl but removed in 4. However, this can only be a good thing for him. The assist trophy shows that Sakurai and Nintendo are aware of Golden Sun and Isaac. His removal in 4 only caused people to want him more, and made it so it would be harder to just bring him back as an assist in Ultimate.

+ His franchise was very well received, and pretty popular at it's time. The Golden Sun games were some of the best games the GBA had to offer, and Isaac is the main face of that. While Dark Dawn wasn't amazing, it wasn't horrible either. There's even the fact that there are pictures of Golden Sun on the boxes of GBAs. It could bring more GBA representation to Smash, because it needs it.

+ The hints. By no means is any of the hints we have conclusive in any way, but they are pretty convincing when put under a magnifying glass. The tweet is the most obvious, and honestly if there's one thing it's referencing it's definitely Golden Sun. Sakurai has told us before that he never just tweets randomly, and this seems very random if it's not a reference. Sakurai has also shown us that he can totally drop subtle hints like this, with the "red eyes" and the barrels in the background. There's also the big, dare I say "Golden" sun at the end of K Rool's trailer. It's flimsy at best, but worth mentioning. If nothing else, all that got people talking about Isaac.

Cons

- He wasn't super popular in Japan. He was still popular, just not as much as in North America and Europe. Not sure how this will affect him.

- He does have some competition. Only so many characters can make it into Ultimate.

I noticed while writing this that I just couldn't come up with many good cons. Why is that? Well, almost every con associated with Isaac has been completely disproven by Ultimate. Stuff like him being "irrelevant" don't matter anymore, and that is why it's looking so good for Isaac right now. Nothing is a sure thing and I think we should keep that in mind, but the chances have never been better and I feel like now is finally the time.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Have the meanest idea I've had for an trailer vid.
Link, Bowser and Peach are walking through an oddly mazelike forest. They keep getting lost, returning back to the same area, an area with a lone dead tree. (You can see how this is mean, right? It points to both Skull Kid and Geno)
But surprise, it's Mogall Forest.
Scenario A: A ghostly hand comes out of no where and strikes the tree, causing an ape to come out and hop the correct way, Isaac lends a hand.
Scenario B: Vines grow from the ground, entrapping Bowser, under the assumption he's an enemy. (I don't have a tagline for this scenario. :p)

That'd be so cruel. Why did this pop into my head? Ah well, no harm meant towards people hoping for Geno or Skull Kid, by the way.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I feel like if dark samus was considered a unique fighter some people would be a bit disappointed. And the only reason being that a lot of its moves arent inspired from the moves it has in the prime series. For example if dark samus' moves as an assist trophy in smash 4 were incorporated into the moveset then that could very much make it a unique fighter
That's interesting. It reminds me of this video made by a metroid fan.

I legit didn't know Dark Samus had more unique moveset from samus. (I havent played Prime 2 yet.)

Xenoblade 1 is a pretty great game, but it drags too much for me to personally call it a favorite. idk why I feel that way. I sunk tons of hours into the Persona series but I've never been able to get past the halfway point of Xenoblade 1.

Ironically, i feel the same for the Persona series as a whole. xD

I thought I'd go through my complete thoughts on Isaac's chances in Ultimate in one post. Here we go, let's start with the collected pros and cons listed from most important to least important. I won't be including any "leaks," as I believe those are fake until proven real.

Pros

+ He's first-party Nintendo. While 3rd Party characters are obviously possible, Smash has always given emphasis and priority on Nintendo's history. Easily the best thing he has going for him.

+ The Ballot. Sakurai has confirmed that he used the Ballot to decide the cast, or at least most of it. This is extremely good for Isaac, as the Ballot was his best shot since he did have a major push to vote for him. The exit polls show that Isaac is currently #1 overall from that data. While it's not conclusive, it's a very good sign of his performance. The demand is there.

+ The potential for a moveset is enormous. Seriously, there is no limit to what they can do with Isaac. He brings something very unique to Smash, and anyone who played even a bit of Golden Sun knows that his sword doesn't define him, it's his Psynergy.

+ He's been in Smash before. He was an assist trophy in Brawl but removed in 4. However, this can only be a good thing for him. The assist trophy shows that Sakurai and Nintendo are aware of Golden Sun and Isaac. His removal in 4 only caused people to want him more, and made it so it would be harder to just bring him back as an assist in Ultimate.

+ His franchise was very well received, and pretty popular at it's time. The Golden Sun games were some of the best games the GBA had to offer, and Isaac is the main face of that. While Dark Dawn wasn't amazing, it wasn't horrible either. There's even the fact that there are pictures of Golden Sun on the boxes of GBAs. It could bring more GBA representation to Smash, because it needs it.

+ The hints. By no means is any of the hints we have conclusive in any way, but they are pretty convincing when put under a magnifying glass. The tweet is the most obvious, and honestly if there's one thing it's referencing it's definitely Golden Sun. Sakurai has told us before that he never just tweets randomly, and this seems very random if it's not a reference. Sakurai has also shown us that he can totally drop subtle hints like this, with the "red eyes" and the barrels in the background. There's also the big, dare I say "Golden" sun at the end of K Rool's trailer. It's flimsy at best, but worth mentioning. If nothing else, all that got people talking about Isaac.

Cons

- He wasn't super popular in Japan. He was still popular, just not as much as in North America and Europe. Not sure how this will affect him.

- He does have some competition. Only so many characters can make it into Ultimate.

I noticed while writing this that I just couldn't come up with many good cons. Why is that? Well, almost every con associated with Isaac has been completely disproven by Ultimate. Stuff like him being "irrelevant" don't matter anymore, and that is why it's looking so good for Isaac right now. Nothing is a sure thing and I think we should keep that in mind, but the chances have never been better and I feel like now is finally the time.
Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Pros

Cons

This is a very good write-up. I'll be sure to link this post next time I try to prove to someone why Isaac would be such a natural choice. My only nitpick is that I don't think relevancy is quite dead yet. All irrelevant characters so far have been from series that are still alive. Golden Sun as a whole is gone, not just Isaac. However, if his ballot support was big enough, I don't think that will matter much in the end.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
This is a very good write-up. I'll be sure to link this post next time I try to prove to someone why Isaac would be such a natural choice. My only nitpick is that I don't think relevancy is quite dead yet. All irrelevant characters so far have been from series that are still alive. Golden Sun as a whole is gone, not just Isaac. However, if his ballot support was big enough, I don't think that will matter much in the end.
It is dead, but I wouldn't say it's gone. A series is gone when it's over and another game will never, ever be made again. However, Camelot has said that if there's enough demand they aren't opposed to making another Golden Sun.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Phew. My PP management was much better this time, and it helped I could walk around on the ship and restore PP.

Well now that I've made it to Tolbi, time to farm some cash and play some slots to get some rings. Good thing the RNG manipulation and the Lucky Dice are a thing. :p

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
That's interesting. It reminds me of this video made by a metroid fan.

I legit didn't know Dark Samus had more unique moveset from samus. (I havent played Prime 2 yet.)
Ohhh my friend you need to get on that as soon as possible. Play prime 3 as well, just to see the full badass that is dark samus. Im a metroid fan first and foremost so naturally I would've wanted a more unique moveset. The moveset potential was definitely there, but I'm just happy dark samus got in as a fighter at all

Most people tend to think dark samus is just a literal clone of samus (which it is lol) but close to nothing about their combat style and abilities is the same

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Phew. My PP management was much better this time, and it helped I could walk around on the ship and restore PP.

Well now that I've made it to Tolbi, time to farm some cash and play some slots to get some rings. Good thing the RNG manipulation and the Lucky Dice are a thing. :p
Not doing any challenges or anything but just beat deadbeard, about to fight the fusion dragon my goal for this play through was to beat dullahan since I haven't done that before xD

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I find it so strange that Dark Samus and Chrom are considered "echos", but Dr. Mario, Roy, Toon Link and Young Link aren't.

I'm honestly thinking only Dark Pit and Lucina were labeled like that due to their negative reception in 4. xD
I saw a video the other day where someone mentioned that the reason echoes were considered echoes was because all of their basic attacks (and smash attacks) had the same animations....or at least that was what they noticed. (and that a fighter like Dr. Mario had different basic attacks to Mario)

ZelDan

Smash Master
It is dead, but I wouldn't say it's gone. A series is gone when it's over and another game will never, ever be made again. However, Camelot has said that if there's enough demand they aren't opposed to making another Golden Sun.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? If something goes away, it can always come back. If something dies, then...yeah, it's dead...

This is just semantics stuff I suppose though.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Yeah Golden Sun isn't dead until Camelot outright says they are done with the series which they haven't yet. Takahashi says he wants us to give him time to come up with a story

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A series being dead means it isn't getting content, because things just didn't work out to do so. Calling it dead isn't wrong by default, but being the creator isn't ready to give more content, it's on hiatus.

A lot of series(like Mother) are finished, not dead. An example of a dead franchise is Banjo & Kazooie.

I also didn't know that Takahashi intends to continue the series. Huh. Nice.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Man the ending to the first golden sun is so sad, like you just kicked saturos and menardis dragon butt, and your all hyped to go save babi from old age and your about to get on the boat and bam, games over see you after 6months of password entering

Smash Lord
A series being dead means it isn't getting content, because things just didn't work out to do so. Calling it dead isn't wrong by default, but being the creator isn't ready to give more content, it's on hiatus.

A lot of series(like Mother) are finished, not dead. An example of a dead franchise is Banjo & Kazooie.

I also didn't know that Takahashi intends to continue the series. Huh. Nice.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/let_camelot_know_if_you_want_another_golden_sun
Well he said if there is enough fan demand it would naturally lead into the development of the next Golden Sun but the thing is this was stated six years ago so who knows if he still has the same thoughts
Although they did mention Golden Sun recently this year in a Nintendo Dream interview for Mario Tennis Aces where they compare special shots to weapon unleashes and psynergy in Golden Sun. They even mentioned how the Temple of Bask in Mario Tennis Aces is called Sol Sanctum in the Japanese version which is Golden Sun's first dungeon and even comparing Mario to an adept and also joking about how the interviewer might've expected a djinn to appear

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/let_camelot_know_if_you_want_another_golden_sun
Well he said if there is enough fan demand it would naturally lead into the development of the next Golden Sun but the thing is this was stated six years ago so who knows if he still has the same thoughts
Although they did mention Golden Sun recently this year in a Nintendo Dream interview for Mario Tennis Aces where they compare special shots to weapon unleashes and psynergy in Golden Sun. They even mentioned how the Temple of Bask in Mario Tennis Aces is called Sol Sanctum in the Japanese version which is Golden Sun's first dungeon and even comparing Mario to an adept and also joking about how the interviewer might've expected a djinn to appear

Man, why couldn’t we have gotten Golden Sun Aces instead?

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, I just realized. This could probably be the best choice for a side b.

On a side note, managed to beat Colosso just fine. So I've got that going for me. I have 4 adept rings so I'm all set for now.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I would buy Aces when they make Isaac playable
Honestly, I have no idea why we haven't seen a Golden Sun cameo in a Mario Tennis game yet.

Imagine if they're saving Isaac dlc in Aces until after his Smash reveal.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Man, why couldn’t we have gotten Golden Sun Aces instead?
They at least have Golden Sun on their mind if they straight up named a Mario location after Sol Sanctum. What I hope is they're not just trying to be clever and put in a nod without exerting any greater effort, but rather, they received fan responses that have them pondering another Golden Sun game.

Honestly, I have no idea why we haven't seen a Golden Sun cameo in a Mario Tennis game yet.

Imagine if they're saving Isaac dlc in Aces until after his Smash reveal.
Not even in Power Tour or Advance Tour (Golf) where the games were made of simple sprites and were literally on the same system as GS. Could've easily thrown Isaac in those as an unlockable character if nothing else.

Though if he's in Smash to resounding reception, I would not at all be surprised to see a new GS game and an eventual crossover with their Mario sports titles.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
They at least have Golden Sun on their mind if they straight up named a Mario location after Sol Sanctum. What I hope is they're not just trying to be clever and put in a nod without exerting any greater effort, but rather, they received fan responses that have them pondering another Golden Sun game.

Not even in Power Tour or Advance Tour (Golf) where the games were made of simple sprites and were literally on the same system as GS. Could've easily thrown Isaac in those as an unlockable character if nothing else.

Though if he's in Smash to resounding reception, I would not at all be surprised to see a new GS game and an eventual crossover with their Mario sports titles.
They put it in the Japanese version. Pity it wasn’t translated. Might that give lie to the “not popular in Japan” statement, though?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
They put it in the Japanese version. Pity it wasn’t translated. Might that give lie to the “not popular in Japan” statement, though?
It could (and I hope so even though it could just be the devs noting their past work). Though it would be ironic in that case for it to be not carried over into other languages since Isaac is believed to be more popular in America and Europe. Maybe translators just thought it didn't fit.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
That moment when you have a double take due to your own doofy naming shenanigans.

I named Sheba Ivan.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. AgatioGanon
  11. Aguki90
  12. airConditioner
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. Banjodorf
  42. bassem6
  43. Bassoonist
  44. Billybae10K
  45. BillyBat
  46. Bingoshi
  47. Bkupa666
  48. Blackwolf666
  49. Blaziken
  50. Blue7113
  51. BluePikmin11
  52. BoltDragon
  53. BoN~
  54. Bowser-Daimao
  55. BravadoMan_13
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. Browny
  58. Buddy002
  59. Bunny8093
  60. BUnit
  61. Burruni
  62. Calamitas
  63. Calane
  64. CactusBlah
  65. candyissweet
  66. Capita
  67. Cap'nChreest
  68. Captain Toad
  69. CardStealer1
  70. Cazzone,
  71. Chapter Serf
  72. CheckmateChuck
  73. CheeseBroJoe
  74. Cheezey Bites
  75. Chromfirmed
  76. Chrono.
  77. ChronoPenguin
  78. clearandsweet
  79. ClinkStryphart
  80. CliffJumper
  81. cocy965
  82. Cos.
  83. Coaltergeist
  84. Crap-Zapper
  85. CrossDispatcher
  86. cybersai
  87. Dalek_Kolt
  88. Darkdarkness
  89. Darkfur
  90. DatoSm
  91. Dendros
  92. Desert Croc
  93. Destroyer713
  94. Dezeray112
  95. Dhragen
  96. Diddy Kong
  97. Dihan
  98. Dimensionsword64
  99. DivinexRose
  100. DJ3DS
  101. DJBor
  102. D-Man9293
  103. DogManStar
  104. DoodleDuck97
  105. Doncalot
  106. DraginHikari
  107. Drakonis
  108. Dromader
  109. DukeNapoleon
  110. DustyPumpkin
  111. e105beta
  112. Eagle
  113. EclipseSmash
  114. EddyBearr
  115. ED Cantu
  116. Edlocke
  117. egaddmario
  118. ElPanandero
  119. El Syd
  120. EndlessChrom
  121. EndlessRain
  122. EnhaloTricks
  123. EricTheGamerman
  124. Essora
  125. ETFruitNinja
  126. ethanrodgers223
  127. Ezequileste
  128. Falgor
  129. Falkoopa
  130. False Sense
  131. FamiconDisk
  132. Felix_the_Slayer
  133. fenyx4
  134. ferioku
  135. Fire Rider
  136. Fire_Voyager
  137. FirstBlade
  138. Flareon
  139. Flik
  140. Flintike
  141. Flynn.Scifo
  142. fogbadge.
  143. foolssigma
  144. FrankAL
  145. FreddyOnDrugs
  146. Friesnchip
  147. Frosty Pops
  148. GalacticPetey
  149. Gameguy1996
  150. Gazorpazorpfield
  151. Geno Boost
  152. ghastmine
  153. Ghirahilda
  154. Gioka
  155. GladiusVortex
  156. GM_3826
  157. GoldenBoy01
  158. Golden Icarus
  159. GoodGrief741
  160. Gotann
  161. GraveEclipse567
  162. Hakerson
  163. heylodom
  164. Holdenon
  165. hustler713
  166. Huanchi
  167. hwrdjacob
  168. iam8bit
  169. Icana
  170. iDazedX_x
  171. Inawordyes
  172. IntelliHeath1
  173. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  174. isaac3000
  175. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  176. IsaacOrRiot
  177. Isaac: Venus Adept
  178. Istry555
  179. ItsRainingGravy
  180. IvanQuote
  181. JaidynReiman
  182. Jak_spoon
  183. JamesDNaux
  184. James Tutumbero
  185. Jamurai
  186. JarBear
  187. JDogindy
  188. JesseMcCloud
  189. Johnknight1
  190. JohnnySparkxs
  191. Jupiter Ivan
  192. Jurae818
  193. Just a random scrub
  194. jweb22
  195. Kalomaze
  196. KCCHIEFS27
  197. KeniththeGatherer
  198. KeybladeSmasher
  199. KHJason95
  200. Kikaru
  201. Kind Dedede
  202. KingCloud
  203. KingShadow
  204. KiraYoshikage
  205. KirbyDragon
  206. Kirbyfan391
  207. Kisae
  208. Klimax
  209. KMDP
  210. KoalaNut
  211. Kokirikory
  212. Koori
  213. Kremling Man
  214. Kumatora
  215. KurouKamen
  216. Kycse
  217. Lady Palutena
  218. Lampy
  219. LaniusShrike
  220. lanky_gunner
  221. LasermasterA
  222. Leafeon523
  223. LeeYawshee
  224. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  225. legendofrob1
  226. LemmyKoopa
  227. lightdasher
  228. LightheartedBum
  229. Lightosia
  230. Linq
  231. Lisbon Mapping
  232. littl-myth
  233. Liverpool19
  234. Lone (Thirteenth)
  235. Lonodel
  236. Lord-Zero
  237. Lucanic
  238. Lucimar
  239. Ludjinnado
  240. lunarum
  241. Lukingordex
  242. Lurxy
  243. Lynn Eslie
  244. M23-X0
  245. MacSmitty
  246. MagiusNecros
  247. MAGMIS
  248. MainJPW
  249. Malcolm Belmont
  250. MaskO'Gears
  251. Master Rapier
  252. MasterMushroom
  253. Mav485
  254. McLapras
  255. Mega Bidoof
  256. Mendelsin
  257. MetalMario128
  258. Metocles
  259. Miifighters4Smash5
  260. Minato Arisato
  261. Mikegamer0608
  262. Mishudo
  263. Monkokaio
  264. MonopolyRubix
  265. MorbidAltruism
  266. Moydow
  267. MrGame&Rock
  268. MrMacBeth
  269. MrToxicVoltage
  270. Muirkat
  271. Mythzotick
  272. mynameisv
  273. MysticKnives
  274. N1N
  275. N3ON
  276. Nauzgo
  277. Neo Zero
  278. NessAtc.
  279. Niala
  280. Nimbostratus
  281. Ninjakid41592
  282. Nintandy
  283. Nintendokusou
  284. NitrusVirus
  285. NonSpecificGuy
  286. NoOtherPersona
  287. NoR4U
  288. Nossnitro102
  289. Octillus
  290. Oddyesy
  291. oh.glory
  292. OhMyBanana54
  293. Olo
  294. Oniric Spriter
  295. OptimisticStrifer
  296. Oracle_Summon
  297. Organization XIII
  298. osby
  299. otarolgam
  300. Oz37
  301. Pacack
  302. Papagenos
  303. ParanoidDrone
  304. Pcubed007
  305. Pennate
  306. Phaazoid
  307. PhilosophicAnimal
  308. pholtos
  309. Pizza Robo
  310. P.Kat
  311. Plain Yogurt
  312. Playcube
  313. PlayfulMushroom
  314. POKEMANSPIKA
  315. Powerman293
  316. praline
  317. PSIguy89
  318. PSYNergy
  319. PrinceGal3n
  320. PurpleStuff5
  321. PWN3
  322. Pwnapplez
  323. QcSlayer
  324. Quetzal77
  325. R.O.B.
  326. Radical Beam
  327. Radori
  328. Raetah
  329. Raykz
  330. Raziek
  331. Red Dasher
  332. Red Ryu
  333. RegiGygas117
  334. Replica
  335. Retro gamer
  336. RhymeswithEmpty
  337. Roger Smith
  338. RosaPeach
  339. Royaru
  340. Royvolution Ream
  341. RumpletrellskiN
  342. Ryan
  343. Ryuji
  344. Ryuutakeshi
  345. Sabrewulf238
  346. Saer2k
  347. Sagittarius
  348. Salocin
  349. sandfall
  350. SanicJan
  351. Scatmansworld25
  352. Scoliosis Jones
  353. scoobymcsnack
  354. Seb9k+
  355. Secret Sexytime
  356. Seleir
  357. Seoxys
  358. sheik93
  359. Shin F.
  360. Shinhed-echi
  361. Shog
  362. Sidboylol
  363. Silo777
  364. SirCamp
  365. Skeleton o' Fun
  366. SkullKidKing
  367. Skyblade12
  368. Skyfox2000
  369. sman3975
  370. Smash_Handle69
  371. SmashBro99
  372. smashkirby
  373. SmashShadow
  374. smashtriforce77
  375. smileMasky
  376. SmilingMad
  377. SMX
  378. Solfiner
  379. someonetookjacob
  380. SonicLink125
  381. SonicSmasher
  382. SoraSaturn
  383. SorrowOfAcheron
  384. SoulofKhaos
  385. Soulsaint
  386. Spatman
  387. Spazzy_D
  388. Speedwagon
  389. spoilerowl
  390. Spootondorf
  391. Sqid
  392. SSBFan
  393. Staarih
  394. StaffofSmashing
  395. Strider_Bond00J
  396. StrikeBlade
  397. SuperBrawler
  398. Superfiremario
  399. SuperNintendoKid
  400. Supersmash77
  401. Superyoshiom
  402. Swampasaur
  403. Sykin
  404. Takasmash
  405. TBone06
  406. tbuster766
  407. TCT~Phantom
  408. Techno1000
  409. TeenGirlSquad
  410. TehEpicRyuga
  411. TempestSurge
  412. Tetiro
  413. ThatShadowLink
  414. THE 6r
  415. The Curious Volnutt
  416. The One Who Wrote This
  417. Thekewlusername
  418. T-Hell
  419. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  420. TheSeanMan
  421. TheSpaceKing
  422. The Stoopid Unikorn
  423. TheTactician
  424. THE TemporaryFool
  425. thethirdkoopa
  426. TheZoologist
  427. ThirdDay
  428. ThoughtfulWanderer
  429. ThunderOverload
  430. TiaSilvia
  431. TimeSmash
  432. Tiymako
  433. ToothiestAura
  434. topspin1617
  435. Travix Man
  436. True Blue Warrior
  437. Turmalinium
  438. tveye
  439. UltimateWario
  440. Ultinarok
  441. User Name String
  442. Vann Accessible
  443. Vegito2727
  444. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  445. Vintage Creep
  446. Violenceman
  447. walph
  448. warelander
  449. Warheart_666
  450. Wigglytuff ★
  451. winterofsilver
  452. Wintropy
  453. WhiteEaglePL
  454. Xelion
  455. Xenigma
  456. XenoWarriorX
  457. XeVioN
  458. Xiivi
  459. xLemmy_KoopaX
  460. xpnc
  461. XTremeGamer1234
  462. XxLtxX
  463. YellowLord
  464. Yoh
  465. Yoshi444
  466. YoshiandToad
  467. Young Horsetail
  468. Your Hero
  469. YwhaletailY
  470. Zabadoo
  471. zagman505
  472. zaiman12345
  473. Zandro
  474. ZanZero
  475. ZarroTsu
  476. ZeldaMaster
  477. ZelDan
  478. ZestyÑ
  479. zferolie
  480. Zulyar
  481. Zuppo

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Donkey kong series being alive really didn't help King K. Rool get into Smash any faster. I really think it's a matter of them just thinking that the character wasn't that popular, especially of we go by that K. Rool overwhelming reception to the ballot and his votes.

Once again if Sakurai says he's looking to the ballot, the only thing that should matter is Isaac's votes. There shouldn't be other criteria on top of that. How fair would it be that despite doing well, he's cast aside cause his series is deemed irrelevant or his slot should go to someone who placed lower than him but more recognizable? The fact that Isaac is a popular ballot pick at all should speak volumes to Sakurai.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
If Spirits was a story mode do you think it would make sense for Villain v Hero as each character getting revealed has an evil/ Good counterpart?
(Ex. Simon: Dracula/Richter(Symphony), Chrom: Grima)
Could this also potentially help an Octoling & Felix echo?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Spirits was a story mode do you think it would make sense for Villain v Hero as each character getting revealed has an evil/ Good counterpart?
I don't really buy the whole Heroes vs Villains idea. I think the main reason villains are getting in is because they were popular on the ballot (because we had a lack of villains)

Also I feel like Loz is part of the reason why this Heroes vs Villains idea got started too. All because he thought the K. Rool trailer mean the whole game had a Heroes vs Villains theme.

For what it's worth I think it would be pretty natural to have villains appearing in an adventure as bosses (like Petey Piranha or Porky in subspace) but I don't think that has anything to do with Heroes vs Villains any more than any story obviously needs protagonists and antagonists.

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
I don't really buy the whole Heroes vs Villains idea. I think the main reason villains are getting in is because they were popular on the ballot (because we had a lack of villains)

Also I feel like Loz is part of the reason why this Heroes vs Villains idea got started too. All because he thought the K. Rool trailer mean the whole game had a Heroes vs Villains theme.

For what it's worth I think it would be pretty natural to have villains appearing in an adventure as bosses (like Petey Piranha or Porky in subspace) but I don't think that has anything to do with Heroes vs Villains any more than any story obviously needs protagonists and antagonists.
I don't deny any of those reasons least of all the boss reasoning, however for a story to occur for most of these characters a villain could exist as a push to action. I'm more noting that a majority of the new cast appearing as villains could aid in storytelling and proper confrontations that are not Wario v. Lucas the most weirdly hyped fight in Sub-Space's story.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
No, it’s going to be like Subspace. We will get villains but not for every series. I don’t see black devil getting a spot for Falcon. They can pretty much use the same thing for Porky in Subspace.

I don’t think we are going to get Felix (as much as I want him)

If anything, I feel like the bosses could be AT. Just like the Monster Hunter one.

Since they can be knocked out.

However, I don’t think we will get a real Subspace again. I think it’s going to be like melee adventure mode.

Beat the mode with a character, and unlock a new one. Different bosses for each run. Etc etc.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Last edited:
Top Bottom