• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
*ding ding ding*

here we go folks. Another Gamefaqs leak. :)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76937865

And yes, this also includes our boy and his lovely brown haired echo
Tapu Koko is the only thing that’s unique about this leak. I could see it.

Geno not getting in, that’s BS. Bull**** with Sora though.

Any account that’s created in Aug doesn’t not show any credibility to me.

Tails over Shadow? They why not show shadows AT.

I don’t know, I can’t belive leaks because I want Isaac and don’t want to be let down

8556C0E9-A49C-4247-BA72-D02905A06D62.png

Oh and the leak is gone now

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
View attachment 159865

Looks like these are the most wanted characters.
I wouldn’t mind all of em being in.
Only thing it's really missing is Bandana Dee and that'd mirror my optimistic prediction roster (though I myself might include a Felix echo and maybe an Impa or Octoling echo). Having all those alongside K. Rool and Ridley really covers all the hardcore requests, notably those long-winded ones dating back to the early/mid-2000s. Crazy to think that many of these fanbases can span back so far.

D

Deleted member

Here's a rather amusing take on Isaac that would be rather obscure for people, but Isaac could stay in a sleeping condition for longer than other opponents.

I mean, he falls asleep at the end of Colosso, and apparently slept for days when the party was in the Apojii Islands. Not to mention that it took his mom quite a bit to wake him up during a thunderstorm at the beginning of the first game.

As I said, it's a little-known detail of Isaac, but it's always stuck with me what a heavy sleeper he was.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Only thing it's really missing is Bandana Dee and that'd mirror my optimistic prediction roster (though I myself might include a Felix echo and maybe an Impa or Octoling echo). Having all those alongside K. Rool and Ridley really covers all the hardcore requests, notably those long-winded ones dating back to the early/mid-2000s. Crazy to think that many of these fanbases can span back so far.
I would love Impa, the HW one. Give her the spear thingy.

It’s crazy to think, Isaac chances have been the highest since ever.
Here's a rather amusing take on Isaac that would be rather obscure for people, but Isaac could stay in a sleeping condition for longer than other opponents.

I mean, he falls asleep at the end of Colosso, and apparently slept for days when the party was in the Apojii Islands. Not to mention that it took his mom quite a bit to wake him up during a thunderstorm at the beginning of the first game.

As I said, it's a little-known detail of Isaac, but it's always stuck with me what a heavy sleeper he was.
The Colosso is the best part of GS, holy hell. As a kid my heart would race as I tried to get to the better item before the Gladiator. Every time I replay the game I can’t wait to get to that part.

The one in GS2 is pretty fun, I like how you can duplicate items and lucky medals. However, the Colloso is top tier

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wonder when Nintendo's online service is actually going to launch in September. Somehow I would think they might have an announcement that a game is releasing to coincide with the service....so you'd think that they would want to have a direct covering it sooner rather than later.

I mean they're hardly going to have a direct and then straight afterwards launch the online service. :p

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I wonder when Nintendo's online service is actually going to launch in September. Somehow I would think they might have an announcement that a game is releasing to coincide with the service....so you'd think that they would want to have a direct covering it sooner rather than later.

I mean they're hardly going to have a direct and then straight afterwards launch the online service. :p
We might get something, like how Smash would work etc etc.
Maybe something for Mario Kart and Splatoon. However don’t think anything else.
They will try to show off the NES games, however they should of thrown in I don’t know, more then just NES?

tveye

Smash Journeyman
They will try to show off the NES games, however they should of thrown in I don’t know, more then just NES?
Imagine in they announce GBA games and the first ones shown are Golden Sun and The Lost Age. Then afterwards, a trailer for Isaac and Felix in Smash pops up.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Imagine in they announce GBA games and the first ones shown are Golden Sun and The Lost Age. Then afterwards, a trailer for Isaac and Felix in Smash pops up.
I would cry.

Think about it, the NES games have online build into em.
GS Arena in lost age and be able to battle anyone in the world?!!?? UGH! Yes! The Isaac Piers and Garret team would make a comeback from when I was a kid.

So many people would try GS

Not to mention, DD is still getting sold, so people are most likely checking out GS with all the Isaac hype. Sadly DD will be their first impression.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Ignoring the fact that they're from different franchises. Do you think Giygas could work as a Mewtwo echo?

I feel like if we were to get a cross-franchise echo that's the one that would seem the most fitting. (wasn't Mewtwo supposed to have had it's design influenced by Giygas in the original Mother?)

I kinda want a Giygas echo with his final form from Earthbound as his final smash now....
I know this post was from yesterday, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing Echo Fighters from different series to the person they're based off. Purely because you have the option to hide echo fighters on the character select. So locking Giygas behind Mewtwo would be detrimental to the roster design.

Back on topic of Isaac though, can we have the best Smash Stage ever - Isaac's House Roof, complete with falling hay and Garet in the background making holes as he falls through the roof.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Back on topic of Isaac though, can we have the best Smash Stage ever - Isaac's House Roof, complete with falling hay and Garet in the background making holes as he falls through the roof.
That would certainly make for an interesting stage. :laugh:

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
We might get something, like how Smash would work etc etc.
Maybe something for Mario Kart and Splatoon. However don’t think anything else.
I really wish the online service would offer more than NES games, and would offer games from various older Nintendo systems. I mean, seriously, a netflix-esque service where you could download various games from various Nintendo systems alone would justify the 20$ (perhaps even a higher price) if it was handled well and actually given a good amount of games and more than just the same old games NIntendo has constantly shoved down our throats over the years.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I know this post was from yesterday, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing Echo Fighters from different series to the person they're based off. Purely because you have the option to hide echo fighters on the character select. So locking Giygas behind Mewtwo would be detrimental to the roster design.

I agee, Echoes will Be only paired to someone of the same series. Would make ZERO sense to pair people together from different series.

Oh man, that would be a cool stage. Or Vale during “THE STORM” so Mt Alph bolder can crush corrin. Or the lighthouse so I can throw corrin down the elemental star hole

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would be detrimental to the roster design? How so?

and why isn't hiding Daisy behind Peach also detrimental to the roster design?

I feel like the rule that echoes can't be based on characters from another franchise is another one of those arbitrary rules the community is known for coming up with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We got Diablo III, and Diablo, like every Blizzard game these days, is online-only. So, there's one game they can explore in the Direct more. Considering only a few games will require the service right now, I'm thinking it's going to be a hybrid Direct, where in addition to the online program, they also mention other games coming out in fall and winter.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
It is dead, but I wouldn't say it's gone. A series is gone when it's over and another game will never, ever be made again. However, Camelot has said that if there's enough demand they aren't opposed to making another Golden Sun.
Honestly, I wouldn't say "dead", but more like the franchise has been shelved for a later use. I only say that with the Takahashi brothers saying that "We could make more if there is enough of a fan demand for it.

View attachment 159865

Looks like these are the most wanted characters.
I wouldn’t mind all of em being in.
Just wanted to point some of my opinions on this list. I don't think Dixie will make it in as an echo or a unique. Since if she was in, she would have shown up in K. Rools trailer and I am not really a fan of Dixie. I really don't want to see anymore Pokemon Reps, since there is a lot of them already. I really don't want to see Isabelle as a playable character, only because she is more of the pacifist and seeing her brawl in any form taints that image of her.

I do kind of want Ken since he is the essential tribute of modern time "Echo Fighters" also he has more appeal than most Echoes I feel. Of course, I want to see Skull Kid, Isaac and Geno. I think all three deserve their chances to be in Smash Brothers. As for Banjo & Kazooie, I have some mixed feelings about them since Microsoft has already ruined RARE at this point and all of their games. I don't think they deserve the spotlight in giving the opportunity for B&K, but at the same time I really would like to see RARE get their spotlight since they did create magnificent games in the N64 Era. So, it's a hit or miss I feel.

I know he isn't on this list, but I am indifferent to Rayman. He is a legacy character, but I don't know anything about Rayman and his series so to me he seems like a generic brawler. At least that is how I feel about them.

Also, I do want 'Ow The Edge" in smash. He's an easy Echo with unique aspects and properities. As well as I think he is a badass Anti-Hero and we could use more of those.

As for Bandana Waddle Dee.. I feel he could make a great Rep for Kirby. Ultimately because of two reasons which are: 1. He is a main stay Kirby character. and 2. He uses a spear and seeing a spear character would please me greatly.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So watching the Insomnia Nintendo UK thing going on today, I just realized one of the commentators has a freaking Camelot T-shirt… I guess they really love Isaac at EU still.
Captura de pantalla 2018-08-26 a las 11.48.26 a.m..png

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Can someone explain to me the appeal of Pyra and Rex taking the JRPG slot?

Like Xeno blade vs Golden Sun Debates.
I feel like that’s xenoblade 2 is just fanservice the Nintendo JRPG..
Rex and Pyra are the latest characters in a popular entry of a series that already has precedence due to Shulk. If they were to get in at all they'd have very little reason to do with why Isaac would or would not make it into Ultimate.

For what it's worth, Echo fighters seem to have a much better reception this time around than back during when the ballot began. I suspect that has something to do with the picks being based on fan input and all of that.

An echo character DLC pack or even DLC characters for a buck would still be viewed pretty favorably if it's executed right. :p

(Though, it's hard to say if ALL echo fighters are actually that easy to create. Certainly easier than a unique character. However, Chrom and DS do seem a lot more unique than i originally thought, so it might just vary between echos.)
It's good old fashion marketing. Take a concept you know that's not particular popular aka clones. Accept you cannot bolster the roster without using clones due to time and resource restraints. Rebrand the concept and put a new spin on the concept. Show characters of reasonable popularity like Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus to sell people on the concept.

And poof, you've gotten your audience to accept something they used to directly sneer at. I've never really had a problem with the clone characters but it's amazing how rebranding can change people's minds so easily.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
*ding ding ding*

here we go folks. Another Gamefaqs leak. :)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76937865

And yes, this also includes our boy and his lovely brown haired echo
The leak is gone.
So watching the Insomnia Nintendo UK thing going on today, I just realized one of the commentators has a freaking Camelot T-shirt… I guess they really love Isaac at EU still.
View attachment 159867
That's a Shining Force shirt too.

I'm guessing Europe loves their RPG's still. :p

Rex and Pyra are the latest characters in a popular entry of a series that already has precedence due to Shulk. If they were to get in at all they'd have very little reason to do with why Isaac would or would not make it into Ultimate.

It's good old fashion marketing. Take a concept you know that's not particular popular aka clones. Accept you cannot bolster the roster without using clones due to time and resource restraints. Rebrand the concept and put a new spin on the concept. Show characters of reasonable popularity like Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus to sell people on the concept.

And poof, you've gotten your audience to accept something they used to directly sneer at. I've never really had a problem with the clone characters but it's amazing how rebranding can change people's minds so easily.
And it's because they're treated like little bonuses. That's probably why people aren't mad, because they're still getting the new unique characters along with the echoes.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

I feel like the rule that echoes can't be based on characters from another franchise is another one of those arbitrary rules the community is known for coming up with.
Think about it. Using Mewtwo and Giygas as an example - You'd be either locking a Pokemon character or a Mother character off of the roster screen, assuming you use the mode that hides echoes from the roster. It's a very small design nitpick since you'd have to choose one franchise or the other to have their character on screen.

With the current echoes we have, as they're from the same franchise, it doesn't really matter that they're not shown because they're not affecting the design of the roster in any way due to being from the same series.

Sakurai is all about the details and having a roster display that actively blocks one franchises' rep from being viewable due to cross-series echoes is just bad game design.

D

Deleted member

Just put a ring on it, Tret! Word on the streets is that a guy named Sauron makes some good ones.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Man, this thread has come so far. I am so greatful to see you all here and supporting one of our favourite franchise. Here's to 200+ pages, nearing 8500 posts and almost 500 supporters~!!

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Man, this thread has come so far. I am so greatful to see you all here and supporting one of our favourite franchise. Here's to 200+ pages, nearing 8500 posts and almost 500 supporters~!!
This thread is the best way to pass the eternity that is the wait period before Ultimate drops.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Donkey kong series being alive really didn't help King K. Rool get into Smash any faster. I really think it's a matter of them just thinking that the character wasn't that popular, especially of we go by that K. Rool overwhelming reception to the ballot and his votes.

Once again if Sakurai says he's looking to the ballot, the only thing that should matter is Isaac's votes. There shouldn't be other criteria on top of that. How fair would it be that despite doing well, he's cast aside cause his series is deemed irrelevant or his slot should go to someone who placed lower than him but more recognizable? The fact that Isaac is a popular ballot pick at all should speak volumes to Sakurai.
Well based on what we’ve seen so far, Sakurai also looks to see if the character can be unique to stand out from the roster, unless your Ridley levels of popularity, you have to be at least be unique enough character that can stand out from the roster to be added (or be an easy echo), all of the brand new characters have a lot of unique aspects about them (Inkling’s Ink Mechanic, Simon’s Whip, King K Rool’s Unique Archetype).

But it doesn’t matter anyways, Isaac just being there alone is unique enough as is, Isaac’s moveset potential is what I think will be the reason to really bring Sakurai to add him.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

Yes the community does tend to make silly rules about the roster from time to time but this one seems legit. We are 6 echo fighters deep right now and all of them echo a character from the same franchise. Until a future reveal throws that constant out the window, I have to agree that echoes will always be from the same franchise.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Even if i'm not posting so much i read every page and love to see all that support for Isaac. The waiting game is hard to handle but at the end i'm pretty sure we will have a freaking good news about Isaac.

I'm sure Sakurai has seen that the fans were shocked to not see Isaac at all in Smash 4, plus adding a new song like that, let me thinks (like many others already said) that Isaac was planed for a better case, but for X reasons they didn't managed to achieve that at time.

And now with all the noise the Ratalos tweet made, i can't see Sakurai and Camelot not to be aware of Isaac's popularity boom after the direct. Even if what the Takahashi brother said aout the fan demande, i'm sure they have seen all the support for Isaac.

All i want for Smash Ultimate is Isaac being playable, if he becomes it. I don't care who will be the next character added. Of course if we can get Felix too i won't refuse him, and if Felix is a DLC echo or whatever i'll buy it no matter what.

That Gamefaqs leak which is gone now, what do you think about it guys?

Shadow still an assist i can't really see it and no Geno at all? Well until Smash 4 i even didn't know who Geno was so i don't know much of him but yeah he seems cool, i will give a try to SMRPG on the SNES mini.

Anyways all this talk to said let's keep our voices loud for our Golden Boy !

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
[NipQUOTE="Flynn.Scifo, post: 22332720, member: 257174"]FE cast seriously is a mess and very redundant, and I'm a FE fan saying this. Tons of missed opportunities and questionable additions.

Edit : imo a good FE cast would have been : Marth, a popular vilain like dark knight, a popular mage to represent recent games like Tharja, and a pegasus knight.[/QUOTE]
Or a heavy sword user like ike, maybe dark knight as well with a different style due to his very heavy armor, fast user like lyn, a mage insert here, an axe user (hector comes to mind) and a spear user like Ephraim would have made FE cast so much more diverse.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well FE cast have Robin which is the more unique character in all smash, Corrin is very unique too, the main diversity problem is Marth and the people that copies him, like Roy, that is unique but inspired by Marth, Lucina is Marth but a girl and 2000 years more older sword and Chrom with is Roy with Lucina sword and Ike's Up-b, other than this 3 FE cast is pretty unique, but yeah we are speaking about 3 character which 2 are echoes...

also I had a dream with Isaac, he was almost like Robin in the use of his sword, only for Smash atk together with the Djinns and half of his aerials (And Neutral-B if you count Ragnarok as a Sword move), I think is jab is half Sword half Psyenergy hand, he had cloak as his spot dodge and air dodge, and sand as his roll, I don't remember seeing his Down-B but Side-B was Move and Up-B seems to be a Venus Psyenergy but I couldn't remeber which... he kicked a rock below him to jump again... man that was a nice dream

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Kisae Kisae

No worries, we don't always need to be posting all the time, everyday to support our Golden Boy. As long as we know you are there and supporting, than all the better. It shows that even those who aren't vocal about it are still part of a group of people who are and as a community we can pitch in to be vocal for all of us and not just as individuals in the group of people who love Golden Sun.

Let's crank it up to 11 and blow the world away with our support! ;D

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Why do we say 6 slots for stages just because 6 seem to fit? Why are we sure there can't be a scroll bar to move the screen further down for more stages?

Also thanks for the Golden Sun video!
Or like in smash U where they have a side button to take you to different screens.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I thought the fact that a Camelot shirt existed is really cool, so of course I looked it up. Turns out the guy doing the commentary is big on RPGs and did a whole month of streaming Camelot RPGs (last year I think), including Golden Sun, TLA and Dark Dawn. And he also seems to support Isaac. Thought that was pretty cool.

Too bad you can't get the shirt anymore. :ohwell:

... Also the guy is kinda cute.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I thought the fact that a Camelot shirt existed is really cool, so of course I looked it up. Turns out the guy doing the commentary did a whole month of streaming Camelot RPGs (last year I think), including Golden Sun, TLA and Dark Dawn. Thought that was pretty cool.

yeah BowietheHero is a big fan of JRPGs, also does XC2 speedruns last I saw

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I thought the fact that a Camelot shirt existed is really cool, so of course I looked it up. Turns out the guy doing the commentary is big on RPGs and did a whole month of streaming Camelot RPGs (last year I think), including Golden Sun, TLA and Dark Dawn. And he also seems to support Isaac. Thought that was pretty cool.

That's an interesting find.

Dangit, i wish that was on sale.

Top Bottom