• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
The goal of this tournament is to gather both melee and brawl comunity and make them play together. It's the first French tournament with the 2 games.
We dont want people to come and participate only one day and then leave / do nothing.

I hope you understand. :)

And btw, where are you from ?
He's from The Netherlands.

About the tourney. If someone enters , does he have to play both games ?

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Well let's say I wanna play only one game, do I still need to pay the whole 20€ ? And one more thing, How much from the 20€ will go to the venue (just curious so i can estimate how much the pot's gonna be :p)?

porc

Smash Journeyman
Well like i said, we don't want people to play one game and then stop/leave. And we're afraid that if we do separate the fees, it's gonna happen.

The venue will probably cost 150€, but there is a chance that it will cost 360€ if we don't manage to find an assurance first. Hopefully we will have one.

Also, we're working on a new thing for the food (because for now you have to take 5€ from the original 20€ for the food). We may lower the entrance fee to 15€, and people will have to buy their own food at the store.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the entrance fees may change a lot. We will discuss it and maybe do something like :

melee singles : 5€
melee teams : 5€ (per person)
brawl singles : 5€
brawl teams : 5€ (per person)
venue : 9€
other (pens, paper, plastic glasses...) : 1€

Maybe...

Keep in mind that the tournament is in 5 month. We have time to change things a little.

porc

Smash Journeyman
ryanair ? probably Marseille (very south of France) or Milan (Italy). That's not very convenient.

The closest airport is Lyon Saint-Exupery. I know they do a few low-costs (easy jet for instance) but not ryanair.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
ryanair ? probably Marseille (very south of France) or Milan (Italy). That's not very convenient.

The closest airport is Lyon Saint-Exupery. I know they do a few low-costs (easy jet for instance) but not ryanair.
It seems there's Grenoble, too. And that is way more convienient, though not perfect at all.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Oh, right ! :o

Forgot what I say, Grenoble is good. Plus it has flights from England.

From the airport, you want to go downtown and take a direct train to "La Verpilliere" (~45min, ~10€).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just don't come and ask the rules to be changed for you like you did last time.
Talking about playing NTSC in a European tourn like the rules don't stand specifically for you lol.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i've never touched PAL

edit - i heard this wasn't that huge, so can anyone tell me what the biggest tourneys in Europe this summer are?

I'm only planning on going to one of them (i want something that is guaranteed at least 200 + people and a lot of money) unless 2 nearby big ones are back to back (1 weekend apart). I prefer Brawl + Melee rather than just 1. If it's just 1 I won't come, so someone host a really huge tourney this summer and me and a friend will probably come.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
M2K: I strongly doubt that there will be a tourney this summer with 200 participants in Europe. It has happened only one time, maybe two, in the whole European tourney history. And you can't expect to have both games on that tourney either, cuz some countries in Europe doesn't play Brawl at all. You should rather count on the level of the players that are attending, not the quantity. Of course, we're not talking about tourneys below 50 participants here, but you get my point, right?

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
Just don't come and ask the rules to be changed for you like you did last time.
Talking about playing NTSC in a European tourn like the rules don't stand specifically for you lol.
IMAGINE : us going to genesis and saying that

everybody will be thinking fakoff

porc

Smash Journeyman
The venue we rent for TSL4 is made for 150 people (but 150 standing/dancing people). So we'll probably limit the number of participant to 96 or something.

BUT, it's a 3 day event, with both Brawl and Melee, and there will be lots of European very good players.

Also, Lyon is a very cool city to hang out in, and it's only 2h of train from Paris.

EDIT : and anyway, like Tonberry said, there will probably be no tournament that fills all the properties you asked this summer in Europe, M2K.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You're kidding me right? 96? What the hell.... Like Blad says you can expect a lot more players.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dude, a 3 day event with Brawl + Melee in the summer and place for 150 people? No way that you only get 96 ppl there. If M2K comes you'll get the 150 people easily.

:059:

porc

Smash Journeyman
We're working on it.

If the plan works, 200+ will be ok :D But don't expect too much right now.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
We're working on it.

If the plan works, 200+ will be ok :D But don't expect too much right now.
In fact, you shouldn't even count on it. It may happen, but chances are low. One must be realistic.
That doesn't mean we're not gonna make our best to make it happen, but you shouldn't count on it.

As for the current venue, it can hold 150 people, but as porc said, in a standing/dancing setting. That is to say you don't have any TV, table or chair in the way like we do during tournaments.

And I personally think having too much people crowded in a place too small isn't doing any good for the tournament. I wasn't there, but I believe many didn't like that much their nights during RoX4.
TSL1,2 and 3 took place in a 100-people venue, and we could hardly have been more than 50. So this time, it would be hard to allow more than 96 people.
(For those who may be wondering, it wouldn't be a problem to have a few more people, but 96 helps a lot in order to do a bracket).

stelzig

Smash Lord
And I personally think having too much people crowded in a place too small isn't doing any good for the tournament. I wasn't there, but I believe many didn't like that much their nights during RoX4.
Haha the nights at RoX4 was an experience in itself :laugh: (i wouldn't mind that again btw, if it's the only way to allow more people)

I'm slowly starting to gather some interest among a few danish gamers other than myself and tomber (who were at RoS4). We're all pretty bad, but might be interested in this. I don't know exactly how many we would be or anything yet though, so i'll get back to you on that ;)

As for huge tournaments we're currently trying to contact Copenhagen eSports Challenge because they do host stuff for the wii, but their contact only wants to do brawl, so yeah we're trying to convince them to start hosting melee too, and we'll gladly do all the work as long as they provides us with the means neccesary. This is already in mid april though so chances for a big smash tournament at Copenhagen eSports Challenge this year is doubtful, but if we're lucky we might be able to get something done next year. I'm pretty sure they should have the room for 200+ melee players anyway seeing how there's supposedly going to be over 10,000 people there combined.
ANYWAY, i'll make a topic about that if we actually get something out of it to show them, that other parts of europe would be interested in taking part in such a tournament :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Kaos, you're gonna get ***** by me first. Then I'll **** M2K. And I will be the best Brawlah eva!

K@0S

Smash Ace
This is a call for a 10€ MM at least. Then M2K will be so impressed by my performances that he will forfeit our matches because he doesn't want to be recorded while being 3-stocked.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
10€ MM it will be. I asked Blad for a 10€ MM but he changed it to a 5€ MM. But I'm loaded and I'm expecting to leave with atleast triple the amount of cash I go in with. So be scared n00b.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm pretty certain I'll be at this, I was planning on travelling Europe over the summer partying anyway. I will stop off here for some smash :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom