• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I tried making a train level. I'm somewhat satisfied with the result.

I also designed it so that there are two different paths. I you want to give it a try, take this here code:
F0C4-0000-00C2-1CB5

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well even tough that nobody answer at my post here. There is on better place than here for what i have to say. So yeah, after that useless line. Here why i am here.

Hello people here! If you come here, you have probably SMM. And it's great! But here a question: do you want to have some challenge and have a gift for succeded it? Well here i have one!

You see, i have make 4 level based off the webseries. TOME, this four level, we're made with a thing that make all of them different. So, my challenge is that you beat my 4 level! BUT! The thing that make it special, is that you have to beat the 4 level succedly and with only 3 lives. You may ask.

"But how do i do that?"

Well it's pretty simple, you see the menu where you can choose the level you made? If you put 4 level in a row, you can actually play the 4 level one by another. Just like a true Mario game! For do with my level, you have just to download the 4 i'm gonna to put the ID in order.

1.Execk Factory

6A80-0000-00BA-A759

2.Rubirules Maze

B7BB-0000-00BE-50F3

3.Kindarspirit Heaven

C57F-0000-00C1-BA98

4.Bitshrum Plain

0B8C-0000-00C2-7F8A

You will put this level in one row like i said. And then, well you will have just to try it! However, you can have a maxium of 3 try. (By try, i mean when you get a game over. And you have to restart to the first level.) If you lose your 3 try. Well you have lose that challenge. If you win however, i will need a prove that you did it. Not just a "Yeah i did it!", no. I need a picture or a video proving your did it. You can use Miiverse also for take a screenshot of the congratulation screen. So yeah, if you are interested. Say to me! And i will make the level you want if you win. :)

Thank you for reading this and futur feedback.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello, I haven't posted here in awhile, but I have made 3 new levels( 2 of which have been posted for awhile). I'll start with the newest one:

Who Let The Dogs Out? (BB08-0000-00C4-DEAD)
This is my first autoscroll level, I like how it came out. The goal is simple, escape the chomps! There is slight puzzle like elements in this level, but they aren't that hard. Avoiding the chain chomps is more difficult. Overall the level is at a medium difficulty and has several bonus spots that can aide you in completing the level. As always, if you play it, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Now for my next two levels

Mario's AGhost! WalkThroughWalls (A311-0000-00BD-7AF7)
This is a simple ghost stage in which mario has become ghost, he know has to spend his days trapped in this house. Can you make it to the end, and if you do, will mario be able to move on? Find out! There are hints in the design as to where the hidden blocks that you can walk through are, also at parts the invisible block glitch will guide you across the level. This one was hard to design, and I find it alright, but I would love feed and thoughts if you play this level.

And Lastly:

Puzzling Pumpkin Ghost House (8DDA-0000-009B-40E4)

This a long and difficult level ( unless you can work through it fast), it's still very doable though. In it, Mario must make it through this mysterious ghost house to reach the grand pumpkin at the end for Halloween! There are a lot of puzzles and secrets in this, if you enjoy and lay it, tell me if you think you have found them all!

Thanks for playing/ reading!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made a level based on Gyromite and Stack Up. I worked hard on this one to fill it full of references.

Give it a shot! :4rob:

7EA5-0000-00C4-2753

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I'm disappointed this thread is so dead. Mario Maker is an amazing game and I'd hoped the Smash Boards community would be more active with level sharing and discussion. GameFAQs is a mess with people basically just wanting to exchange stars. Oh well, glad to see some cool levels here anyway.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm disappointed this thread is so dead. Mario Maker is an amazing game and I'd hoped the Smash Boards community would be more active with level sharing and discussion. GameFAQs is a mess with people basically just wanting to exchange stars. Oh well, glad to see some cool levels here anyway.
I think a big problem that this thread have is that almost nobody feedback to others level. Hell, i posted a challenge here and nobody anwser me. The only thing i see is people posting their level and nothing else. And this isn't really good for a game that demand to you feedback for getting better. But hey, that's just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some of my courses appear to be in desperate need of checkpoints, based on their clear rates. Hopefully, this next update will enable me to add checkpoints onto my supposedly harder courses, such as "3-4: Conveyor Belt Castle"; that course could really use a checkpoint flag after the Bowser Jr. bout, as the second half of the course utilizes faster conveyor belts.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros

We're finally getting checkpoints. And some other stuff.
Hooray! The Impervious Fortress has been saved! No, seriously, the only complaint about my incredibly long, adventurous course is that if you die at the boss fight, you must go through the entire course again. The first part is mainly a training/learning area that helps you with the final fight. Going through that again is pointless. I decided to leave the level as-is in hopes Nintendo would add checkpoints. November 4th will be a good day. Now I'm just hoping they allow us to add checkpoints to existing levels. I'd hate to have to re-upload it just to add checkpoints.

Now we're just missing mandatory boss fights, more bosses, winter/night/desert/forest backgrounds and freakin' slopes (among other smaller things)!

D

Deleted member

There isn't that much of a problem on having to reupload levels as you don't lose the stars it received

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There isn't that much of a problem on having to reupload levels as you don't lose the stars it received
You do lose all the comments that were made for your previous uploads, however. Also, whenever you delete your courses, the Miiverse posts for those courses will be removed as well.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
But the list of people who played, completed and commented on the course are gone. If I have to re-upload, I'll just leave the original and signify that the new one features checkpoints (thus making it much easier).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Great to see checkpoints! The other smaller updates are really nice to. I wonder if multiple checkpoints are possible.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Wait so if I upload a course and it gets a star, delete it, and upload another course which gets a star, I'll have 2 stars somehow?

I've been slowly grinding to get 50 stars in Mario Maker so I can upload more courses. I wouldn't be so up tight about not changing my more popular levels if I knew that I could keep the stars they earned, even though they desperately need having check points and the correct power up system.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's been confirmed that the limit on checkpoints is 2 per level (I don't know if that counts sub-levels though), and that some Event Courses will unlock brand new Mystery Mushroom costumes.

Let's hope the Super Mario-Kun costume comes out to the West.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Finally found this thread. I plan on giving my thoughts on presented stages as well as sharing my stages and stage ideas, but the thoughts will probably start after Splatfest.

ProtonJon's Worst Nightmare:
(6AF5-0000-006E-F99B)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkefxrAGg

So a while back in the days where SMW rom hacking was really popular, ProtonJon the YouTuber was so frustrated with invisible coin blocks that he made a level made entirely out of them. This is my take on that level.

Automatic Mario? (A2AD-0000-0073-953A)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHketohVsQ

Super Choose Your Path 1! (69F9-0000-0093-2D99)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkgjODlfA

My first serious level. It's actually a set of 4
identical levels that are easier or more difficult depending on the theme. I haven't made the other 3 parts yet, so I'll most likely take this down and reupload all 4 when done.

Boozer Cashle ft. Danté from DMC (D4D4-0000-00A6-44FF)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkhy1W6jQ

Basically I booted up the game, didn't change much of the preset format, and made a level around it. The problem is there are a lot of things that are more tedious than truly hard in the level, so I may take it down in favor of its updated rerelease...

Boozer Cashle 20 Anniversary Edt (5CAB-0000-00BA-C0F8)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkjSkPrJQ

Levels in planning:

Super Choose Your Path! 1 (redux)
Super Choose Your Path! 3
Super Choose Your Path! World
New Super Choose Your Path! U

VVVVVV

Based on the game of the same name, it imitates the flipping mechanic by pipes going to identical, yet flipped areas.

Kremlantis

Based on the underwater world of DK Land for the GB for having one of the best vg songs I've ever heard. May make the sub area unsubmerged for the sake of better pacing.

Descent into Madness

Eversion-esque level that is supposed to create fear. Haven't started it yet.

Eagle's Tower

Based off of the gimmick of the dungeon of the same name in Link's Awakening (using a wrecking ball to destroy pillars and bring down the upper floor). Haven't started it yet.

The Future is Not Written!

Shulk costume level that revolves around sound effects to point out off-screen hazards and invisible blocks akin to future visions. Haven't started it yet.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Hello, I haven't posted here in awhile, but I have made 3 new levels( 2 of which have been posted for awhile). I'll start with the newest one:

Who Let The Dogs Out? (BB08-0000-00C4-DEAD)
This is my first autoscroll level, I like how it came out. The goal is simple, escape the chomps! There is slight puzzle like elements in this level, but they aren't that hard. Avoiding the chain chomps is more difficult. Overall the level is at a medium difficulty and has several bonus spots that can aide you in completing the level. As always, if you play it, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Now for my next two levels

Mario's AGhost! WalkThroughWalls (A311-0000-00BD-7AF7)
This is a simple ghost stage in which mario has become ghost, he know has to spend his days trapped in this house. Can you make it to the end, and if you do, will mario be able to move on? Find out! There are hints in the design as to where the hidden blocks that you can walk through are, also at parts the invisible block glitch will guide you across the level. This one was hard to design, and I find it alright, but I would love feed and thoughts if you play this level.

And Lastly:

Puzzling Pumpkin Ghost House (8DDA-0000-009B-40E4)

This a long and difficult level ( unless you can work through it fast), it's still very doable though. In it, Mario must make it through this mysterious ghost house to reach the grand pumpkin at the end for Halloween! There are a lot of puzzles and secrets in this, if you enjoy and lay it, tell me if you think you have found them all!

Thanks for playing/ reading!
I played through and Starred your Chomp stage. I see you did the same for one of mine (I'm Inky K). I read your post here and really liked the concept, so I decided to make an "on ice" rendition.

I'll post some of my stages once I'm on the computer and not browsing with my Wii U.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's great to hear about the new Checkpoints update! Looking forward to seeing what I can do with them in future courses!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I played through and Starred your Chomp stage. I see you did the same for one of mine (I'm Inky K). I read your post here and really liked the concept, so I decided to make an "on ice" rendition.

I'll post some of my stages once I'm on the computer and not browsing with my Wii U.
Thanks, I saw that earlier! I also played your ice version. Nicely done, only suggestion I could make is at the first pit( where the chomps leave, past the double arrows, maybe an arrow could be used to point to the upper part, as I got trapped there the first time. Other then that, it was quite nice. The ice adds an interesting element to avoiding the stage's obstacles.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Thanks, I saw that earlier! I also played your ice version. Nicely done, only suggestion I could make is at the first pit( where the chomps leave, past the double arrows, maybe an arrow could be used to point to the upper part, as I got trapped there the first time. Other then that, it was quite nice. The ice adds an interesting element to avoiding the stage's obstacles.
I think there was a spring there, but I accidentally got rid of it. I put a lift at the end, but I'll put the spring back along with the sign. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: oh, I see what you mean, just caught it. Yeah, I put the sign there.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think there was a spring there, but I accidentally got rid of it. I put a lift at the end, but I'll put the spring back along with the sign. Thanks for the tip!
Ah, I see, thanks for letting me know.
Also I'm going to go play through all the levels posted here, starting now. I'll update my progress and add feedback to them.

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I played and beat all of your levels up to world 3-1. Left a comment on each, if you want anything else explained on them, feel free to ask! I'll try to do the rest tonight, and then move on to the next level maker in this thread.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Here's a question: You know how you can drag a boo to the ground and he becomes "Stretch"? Is there any way to add a mushroom to him to be him bigger? I swear the other day I saw a video or was watching a stream that featured it. I later played the game and attempted to make one and it didn't work. Now I can't remember which video/stream I saw it on. I guess it was probably my imagination, but I swear it was a huge "Stretch" style boo on the ground. Just want to make sure it's really not possible before I officially label myself as insane.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Here's a question: You know how you can drag a boo to the ground and he becomes "Stretch"? Is there any way to add a mushroom to him to be him bigger? I swear the other day I saw a video or was watching a stream that featured it. I later played the game and attempted to make one and it didn't work. Now I can't remember which video/stream I saw it on. I guess it was probably my imagination, but I swear it was a huge "Stretch" style boo on the ground. Just want to make sure it's really not possible before I officially label myself as insane.
I just tested, you can't make super-sized Stretches. I put a Boo just above the ground (thus making it a Stretch) then gave it a Super Mushroom, it instantly became a regular Boo, except super sized.
So no, super-sized Stretches don't exist.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've looked around but I haven't seen anything on it Perhaps it's limited to the classic mario amiibo?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I've looked around but I haven't seen anything on it Perhaps it's limited to the classic mario amiibo?
I'm not sure. I just remember seeing a stream or video and thought, "wow, I never saw a huge Stretch before, I gotta try that". Then I tried it and it didn't work. I guess I just saw it wrong, but I swear the stretch was twice as big as Super Mario. Very, very odd. If I could just find the video that I saw, I could figure out what I mistook as the giant Stretch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not sure. I just remember seeing a stream or video and thought, "wow, I never saw a huge Stretch before, I gotta try that". Then I tried it and it didn't work. I guess I just saw it wrong, but I swear the stretch was twice as big as Super Mario. Very, very odd. If I could just find the video that I saw, I could figure out what I mistook as the giant Stretch.
How recent was the video? Your search history could have it.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
How recent was the video? Your search history could have it.
I checked, but didn't see anything. Now I'm thinking it must have been on a Twitch stream. I've watched so many lately while submitting my level I wouldn't even know where to start looking at archived videos. It's killing me because I really thought I saw it. Unless there's some weird way to do it, I don't think it's possible and I have no clue what I mistook as a giant Stretch. Oh well, that's how it goes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some of my courses appear to be in desperate need of checkpoints, based on their clear rates. Hopefully, this next update will enable me to add checkpoints onto my supposedly harder courses, such as "3-4: Conveyor Belt Castle"; that course could really use a checkpoint flag after the Bowser Jr. bout, as the second half of the course utilizes faster conveyor belts.
LOL, I'm not sure clear rates are a good indication of difficulty

Auto course having less than 50%

My EASIEST level having 10%

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Blame the abundant amount of amateur players, along with the lack of expert players, for those low clear rates.

Can you believe that I have a course that ONLY one person was able to complete, and its difficulty is nowhere near as hard as the monsters that I've seen at the expert difficulty 100 Mario Challenge. The lack of checkpoints can definitely make some players call it quits, since they don't like the idea of redoing everything all over again.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Blame the abundant amount of amateur players, along with the lack of expert players, for those low clear rates.

Can you believe that I have a course that ONLY one person was able to complete, and its difficulty is nowhere near as hard as the monsters that I've seen at the expert difficulty 100 Mario Challenge. The lack of checkpoints can definitely make some players call it quits, since they don't like the idea of redoing everything all over again.
I've got the same situation. My course may appear intimidating due to it's size, but it's really only moderately difficult at most (for anyone that's played Mario games in the past). I think the biggest problem is people making these crazy, hectic courses. Everyone playing expects the worst or thinks they have to complete the course in less than a minute (where's the enjoyment in that???).

My course is an adventure and it takes at least 230 seconds without straying off course. That's how I enjoy to play and that's why my course is designed as such. Once checkpoints are released, I believe people will enjoy and appreciate my course and longer courses in general. This is a fantastic update and I look forward to seeing what kind of affect it has on overall course design going forward.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, with the announcement of checkpoints I removed half of my courses since I thought they would benefit from getting them, maybe from size dependent power-ups as well. The courses I removed were:

- Zigzag garden
- Survive to meet Yoshi
- Time to tip the scales!
- Size switching world
- Aether & Dark Aether
- Invaded tunnel
- The dog's laugh
- Robot mass production factory
- Open Bowser's father's grave

Those courses will be reuploaded with checkpoints added as soon as they release. Well, at least we can wait for them with two new courses from me:

QTE Mario (jump at each "ouch!") (F294-0000-00BF-1DCC)
This course's title is rather explicit: you only need to press the jump button to win, and only during specific windows, which are the "ouch!" sound effects. This is admittedly mostly an experimental level, as the level isn't fully consistent on how you must press the jump button.

My name is not Zelda!! (CE3C-0000-00C8-EBF4)
You start as Link, but you'll need to hit a Zelda mushroom to enter into the pipe, fortunately you'll be given another Link mushroom before entering the real challenge: keeping being true to this course's name and not getting the appearance of the character whose name is often believed to be yours!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah, alright,
I checked, but didn't see anything. Now I'm thinking it must have been on a Twitch stream. I've watched so many lately while submitting my level I wouldn't even know where to start looking at archived videos. It's killing me because I really thought I saw it. Unless there's some weird way to do it, I don't think it's possible and I have no clue what I mistook as a giant Stretch. Oh well, that's how it goes.
Ah, alright, I may be able to test this out when I get the amiibo.if you can't make them big, I wonder why.
Blame the abundant amount of amateur players, along with the lack of expert
players, for those low clear rates.

I've cleared all of your courses up to whatever is after burner castle. I'll go through more when I can later today. I left more comments. Only one I want to truly address is burner castle. I died so many times, it's a good course, but there are a few things that I found needed tweaking, if you don't mind me bringing them up.

1) Those music blocks killed me quite a lot, I don't know if you ca actually change how this works, but there were times when I thought I would get the higher jump but got the lower and wound up dead. I'd say that they weren't to problematic though, but definitely could be difficult.

2) Bowser Jr. Getting to him wasn't that bad after doing the course a few times( I could speed run the first half perfectly after awhile), His fight is to hard, but the hammers could be annoying( but I'm not trying to say get rid of them), the only major flaw I saw here, was that Bowser Jr. can break the blocks you need to get up to the next area. However, I managed to only have it happen a few times, but I thought I'd address it since your castles all follow similar layouts.

3) Those Red cannons that shoot fire in the second half, caught me way off guard and killed me the first time. Perhaps an indication that, that is what they shoot? Once I knew what was coming at me, I was able to better adjust and make it through the course.

4) Bowser, my only critique here would be, add another fire flower before the fight,( although again, after a few runs I was able to make it through with the fire flower). or add more space to his area. The small space I had to avoid the multiple fireball shots was really difficult to do and killed me several times. If you can get lucky enough to get him to back off and then wait for him to jump, then it's a bit easier to beat the level.

Still it was a good and fun level.good design even if difficult. and I don't see how people haven't beat conveyor belt castle, that course killed me the least out of all your courses. I really liked it's design and concept, so good job on it!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I have also that problem. Some of my level have one or two difficult moment. (Or some have like alot, so i understand for them.) But really, see that alot of person die on the begin of my level Execk Factory say to me they quickly give up. When it's not that hard, you have just to be patience and waiting the bombs to come out for destroy the block. I don't known however if player die on the second part of my level, since you can't see subworld map.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've cleared all of your courses up to whatever is after burner castle. I'll go through more when I can later today. I left more comments. Only one I want to truly address is burner castle. I died so many times, it's a good course, but there are a few things that I found needed tweaking, if you don't mind me bringing them up.

1) Those music blocks killed me quite a lot, I don't know if you ca actually change how this works, but there were times when I thought I would get the higher jump but got the lower and wound up dead. I'd say that they weren't to problematic though, but definitely could be difficult.

2) Bowser Jr. Getting to him wasn't that bad after doing the course a few times( I could speed run the first half perfectly after awhile), His fight is to hard, but the hammers could be annoying( but I'm not trying to say get rid of them), the only major flaw I saw here, was that Bowser Jr. can break the blocks you need to get up to the next area. However, I managed to only have it happen a few times, but I thought I'd address it since your castles all follow similar layouts.

3) Those Red cannons that shoot fire in the second half, caught me way off guard and killed me the first time. Perhaps an indication that, that is what they shoot? Once I knew what was coming at me, I was able to better adjust and make it through the course.

4) Bowser, my only critique here would be, add another fire flower before the fight,( although again, after a few runs I was able to make it through with the fire flower). or add more space to his area. The small space I had to avoid the multiple fireball shots was really difficult to do and killed me several times. If you can get lucky enough to get him to back off and then wait for him to jump, then it's a bit easier to beat the level.

Still it was a good and fun level.good design even if difficult. and I don't see how people haven't beat conveyor belt castle, that course killed me the least out of all your courses. I really liked it's design and concept, so good job on it!
In terms of my course, "4-4: Burner Castle", before you face giant Bowser, there are some hidden blocks after the giant Thwomp, which can lead you to a hidden block that contains a Buzzy Beetle helmet. You can use that to safely run underneath giant Bowser whenever he jumps.

Now, I'd like to let everyone know that some of my courses will be updated after the next software update has been released. I'm quite sure that my castle courses could use the checkpoint flag, so that way, players won't have to redo the first half if they happen to fail the second half.

On another subject, you can no longer play the course, "7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship", as it was removed from the servers by Nintendo today. It apparently wasn't doing very well without checkpoints, so I'll likely be giving it a second chance once I've added a checkpoint flag onto it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In terms of my course, "4-4: Burner Castle", before you face giant Bowser, there are some hidden blocks after the giant Thwomp, which can lead you to a hidden block that contains a Buzzy Beetle helmet. You can use that to safely run underneath giant Bowser whenever he jumps.

Now, I'd like to let everyone know that some of my courses will be updated after the next software update has been released. I'm quite sure that my castle courses could use the checkpoint flag, so that way, players won't have to redo the first half if they happen to fail the second half.

On another subject, you can no longer play the course, "7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship", as it was removed from the servers by Nintendo today. It apparently wasn't doing very well without checkpoints, so I'll likely be giving it a second chance once I've added a checkpoint flag onto it.
I see, I was bad at finding them I guess xD. I look forward to see the redone Airship Armada, The original looked interesting, even though I didn't get to play it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I see, I was bad at finding them I guess xD. I look forward to see the redone Airship Armada, The original looked interesting, even though I didn't get to play it.
The main thing that I'll pretty much be doing is add checkpoint flags onto the courses that pretty much need one, due to their length; every course that I've made is still saved onto my Wii U system. The main targets are as follows right now, but more courses could follow if needed...
  • 1-4: Platform Castle
  • 2-4: Grinder Castle
  • 3-4: Conveyor Belt Castle
  • 4-2: The Great Artillery Airship
  • 4-4: Burner Castle
  • 5-1: Lakitus on Patrol
  • 6-2: Hammer Time Airship
  • 6-4: Spiky Hazards Castle
  • 7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship
  • 7-4: Lava Bubble Swarm Castle
  • 8-2: Clown Car Airship Assault
  • 8-3: The Road to Bowser

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The main thing that I'll pretty much be doing is add checkpoint flags onto the courses that pretty much need one, due to their length; every course that I've made is still saved onto my Wii U system. The main targets are as follows right now, but more courses could follow if needed...
  • 1-4: Platform Castle
  • 2-4: Grinder Castle
  • 3-4: Conveyor Belt Castle
  • 4-2: The Great Artillery Airship
  • 4-4: Burner Castle
  • 5-1: Lakitus on Patrol
  • 6-2: Hammer Time Airship
  • 6-4: Spiky Hazards Castle
  • 7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship
  • 7-4: Lava Bubble Swarm Castle
  • 8-2: Clown Car Airship Assault
  • 8-3: The Road to Bowser
Ah, I can definitely see the castles benefiting from them, the Great Artillery Airship I didn't think was to bad. I really like the design for it! It was fun. I'll be adding checkpoint to my first level( it even ha a perfect spot for one, setup already!), my ghost hose, and I don't know what/if anything else yet.

Dan

Smash Lord
This is honestly the best MM community I'm a part of. Reddit is a complete disaster; you have like a one in one million shot of having your post seen. I'm part of small video game memorabilia collecting forum and its MM thread is pretty dead. This is somewhere between both and honestly perfect, though you will always have the issue of the level posting to feedback/people actually playing those levels ratio way too high.

We're finally getting checkpoints. And some other stuff.
Okay, this update is exciting but I'm still not very grateful because there is no excuse as to why this stuff wasn't included in the original game. But it's free, so I'm not complaining. It's just annoying because people have to reupload their courses.

I hope the update removes the invisible block glitch as well (assuming it hasn't been patched already).

Why didn't they include 'no time limit'?

Wait so if I upload a course and it gets a star, delete it, and upload another course which gets a star, I'll have 2 stars somehow?
Yes.

Yeah, but here's the thing I'm not sure some people understand: say someone plays your course 100 times and only beats it 10, then they're only contributing a 10% to your overall completion rate, not a 100%. It's based on times played, not just if they were able to beat it once or not. You may already know this, but just saying.

About the players generally sucking, I agree. A lot of players die on just a single Goomba coming their way with no other obstacles. But there are moments that make me smile, like when I saw 3 people were able to clear my relatively hard Kaizo course when most people gave up after dying once on the first obstacle.

This happened to one of my levels as well.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing some of your tougher courses with checkpoints.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm kinda unsure about adding checkpoints to my levels. I might just leave them to show what I could do without checkpoints.

I don't think my Marble Zone recreation needs them anyway, as it's not too long or hard.

Top Bottom