• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I found this gem from some brawl kid on this mlg crap at the top of the page

" In melee, Fox may have been top tier, but he does have bad match-ups, the worst being Donkey Kong, which is 70-30 in DK's favour."
You must not have seen the rest of the quote. I'm sure it ended something like
...on fd, with the fox player having a controller with no B button.

BunBun

Smash Master
Lol Faithkeeper, I bought a new copy of FFTA today so I could start a new game w/o killing my savedata, and I booted it up to find the save files named "COREY"

lololololololol

'Fro

Smash Lord
Some shoutous from this week:

Matt: I know you didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but I LOVED our sets this past tourney. Also, awesome, silly, and terrible stuff on our co-op play through DKC3. **** Kiddy Kong. Also, glad I could entertain you be playing Castlevania. Also also, get ***** by raging at shopkeepers. Also also also, glad you're enjoying Fire Emblem so much!

George: Indeed you are. A lot of your old patterns are pretty much gone now. Playing you has become an amazing experience due to what you've added to your repertoire for that match-up.

Anthony: Can I steal your Wii? I want that games library. Also, great hint during my failure in Maridia.

Craig: CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG IS NO LONGER A HIGH SCHOOLER! Thanks for having us over to witness your ascendancy to real life!

Adam: Didn't see much of you this weekend.....SHOW UP MORE!

Josh: GGs in both Melee and SSFIV dude! More tigers!

DJ: Nice playing you! I think your DI and ledge game are the parts that need the most work right now, as far as execution goes. Keep at it!

Corey: You're finally going through the mental step of learning this game! Keep coming back so you can keep improving that!

Skylar: Thanks a lot for hosting us and keeping us sated with copious amounts of Dr. Pepper!

Brayn: I absolutely loved our matches this tourney! Also, your gauntlet started a terrible tradition.

Mr H

Smash Ace
this weekend was a blast
thanks everyone for coming to my graduation it was pretty silly with the Croquet lol

Matt - apparently ur a Croquet pro. i know my mom made that poster of me just for you lol

Anthony - im glad u made it through the 1st wicket in Croquet. it was also funny to hear u friendly trash talk my 12 y/o sister haha il try not to forget about the IOU

Fro - ******* in the sky next s3bo?!

DJ - sucks you couldnt make it to my party, but im glad to hear ur sister was ok. we rocked in teams our D smash sheik combos were sick. also if i dont get that 2 dollars from u il kill ur 1st born son

Alan - i broke mario 3 this weekend which reminded me of mario falling with the wand :( i used the Kso tag all weekend

Josh - nice for you to come to my graduation. ur ganon was using his nuclear moves on me in teams

Adam - thanks for showing up to my party even tho you had another to go to :D also thanks for letting me stay at ur place like usual

George - idk how u read my spot dodge d smashes they always work against the top professional players. my sister and cousin thought you were silly at my party lol

Skylar - thanks for hosting the tourney had alot of space for smash for a change. i was surprised by ur ganon also

Brain - where were you all weekend i think i only saw you in 5min intervals

Pikachu - keep bringing the thunder my yellow friend

Faithkeeper - didnt think you were going to show up but it was nice to see you at an s3bo dont think ive played you in awhile, anyways u have improved alot im very proud of you i will give you a gold star next time i see you

im going to be in town this thursday again il be staying untill sunday let me know if you want to smash. thanks again for the awesome weekend :D

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Faithkeeper - didnt think you were going to show up but it was nice to see you at an s3bo dont think ive played you in awhile, anyways u have improved alot im very proud of you i will give you a gold star next time i see you

im going to be in town this thursday again il be staying untill sunday let me know if you want to smash. thanks again for the awesome weekend :D
A gold star? Awesome!!!
I might be down sat or sun to smash.

Or this afternoon for everyone else.

I need to play smash, I've just been playing FFTA, it's hurting my melee game. Anyway, after about 12 hours of play and 30 or so missions, I decided to check out some info on the game online... and found out I completely fobbed my team. :(

Also bunbun, I was right: Ritz Malheur - Marche and Mewt's outspoken friend. In the real world, she had to hide her white hair by dying it red

Thanks, Fro, I'm working on it. "finally" is correct, man I play stupid. :D

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
A gold star? Awesome!!!
I might be down sat or sun to smash.

Or this afternoon for everyone else.
Same old story: I can smash after 3:10-ish.
I've got homework to start on today, but it doesn't have to be done 'till Friday ...
And I'm probably going to procrastinate until 10pm on my own.
So a couple hours of smash certainly aren't going to hurt.

Plus, I want to work on my Gannon vs the faster characters (like fox and falcon).

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Dude, Corey, there is no way to fob your team completely unless you don't use Marche
marche is level 9 or so and still a solider with no techs whatsoever.
I turned white monk into a bloody bishop
that little black mage dude is still a black mage and hasn't learned any new spells
my archer turned sniper (not too bad) but has no skills, the archer skills were better than this.
white mage is ok but still level 7
+ I have a fighter and theif
My team is just awful and has been leveling with bad stats (no one changed classes till lvl 7 at earliest.)

skylar, I'll call or text you what's up, some things came up that will take a while to take care of. But I definitely need to work on my fox, I'd like him tourney ready by next tourney, top tier rolls falcon so hard. (marth isn't bad once I can get my combos down and I'm playing on a good stage, but when gosh cp'd my falcon to yoshi's with marth I got rolled. I suppose I could always ditto him if I need to, marth isn't all that techy... and my waveshines are mad short atm)

1st day at pappy's today. I've officially decided education is mandatory because I want to think for a living. Some dude's last day was yesterday, so might be getting a few more hours than I thought...

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
skylar, I'll call or text you what's up, some things came up that will take a while to take care of. But I definitely need to work on my fox, I'd like him tourney ready by next tourney, top tier rolls falcon so hard. (marth isn't bad once I can get my combos down and I'm playing on a good stage, but when gosh cp'd my falcon to yoshi's with marth I got rolled. I suppose I could always ditto him if I need to, marth isn't all that techy... and my waveshines are mad short atm)
Take yer time. I ain't goin' anywhere.
I have a serviceable marth if you need the matchup experience.
I don't spam fair enough, but I DI correctly every now and then, it works out.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Epic weekend you guys.

It's official, I am hereby boycotting food because it totally molested me the whole weekend.:(

Rofl, Craig, your party was the ****. But tell your sister to not be such a croquet nub next time (this applies to you too :p). Also, that poster board that your mom made needs to go into like a museum or something.

Also, for the record, Anthony's VC library took a beating. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past can get scratched off the list (even though we ran into a few...snags towards the end...), and Super Castlevania and DK 3 is soon to follow suit.

And GG's all around during the tourney.

Brain, you played well and had a close set against Frosof.

Skylar, good work with the Dorf. You were pretty solid with him this weekend. Keep it up! Oh, and thanks for letting us have the tourney at your place.

Josh, OMG, you totally had me sweating during our gauntlet when you not only took out my Y. Link, but had my Yoshi on the ropes! And perhaps we went a little too easy on everyone in teams? We may have to show them our true power next time.;)

George, good job taking the 3rd seed from Fro, and Frosof, good job taking it back and defending it quickly after.

Also, I got hooked on Fire Emblem this weekend. 0_0

Qoobs and Pants, WTF happened this weekend!? You guys have some explaining to do!

Anthony, you need to resubscribe to Bird Call because I'm tired of reading the same issue over and over! And for obvious reasons, I'll be sure to bring extra toilet paper next time.:embarrass

Also, perhaps it's because I was spamming my 24/7 bone last night, but my hand has been kinda sore today. :/

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Yes. But they're only mods that were available before audio-hacking was figured out.
Well, something for starting out would be nice. I'd assume I could pull up the data on the CD and work from there with the audio hacks.
Lance, didn't you have a copy of a hacked Melee?

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Well, something for starting out would be nice. I'd assume I could pull up the data on the CD and work from there with the audio hacks.
Lance, didn't you have a copy of a hacked Melee?
Yes sir, I have multiple ISOs. One with texture and audio hacks, and one with just audio hacks (the music of goose's choice). If you want them i could upload them to megaupload.

Also to johning out this weekend, I was suppose to help out my dad pack and move on Thursday, then it became Friday, then it became Saturday, so I got stuck here. But everyone that went to the Vro Zone (DJ, George, Fro, The Real Fro) it was a really good time, and I think I need to do alot more work on my Flaco.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Yes sir, I have multiple ISOs. One with texture and audio hacks, and one with just audio hacks (the music of goose's choice). If you want them i could upload them to megaupload.
Text and Audio hacks would be nice. I have a stupid question though, is it an ISO file or am i going to have to make it on my own? I haven't studied the hacking guide to the T yet.

If it is just the ISOs already made. I would like them both. Hopefully you're understanding my request.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I have an exam again Saturday. I think this TA is missing the point. -_-

Also, I found something interesting out yesterday:
My classes end two days after my lease on this apartment ends ...
Is there anyone willing to let me crash for a couple nights in early August?
I can't both pack for the road AND sleep in my car. O_o

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
rare candy makes you weaker, dont use it or you wont be as strong at max level... noobs :S

Top Bottom