• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Cisco isn't paying you to talk about Pokemon.
LOL. Until they can get me a real project, yes. Yes they are.

If Tarkington is still an acceptable venue, it's gonna be much easier to reserve considering I'm gonna be an RA there. There will also likely be much smashing happening in my room due to my having to be on duty during the week.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Common scenario I'd like help with:

I'm by myself. I've got 30 mins of free time. I decide to spend that 30 mins getting better at melee. What are some of the best ways to spend that 30 mins? (assume cube and compy are both available for use)

Thanks.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I have the most characters by my name. That means I am the best. Get like me kids.
(0.) Lord Commander CunningKitsune (4 characters by name [fox, marth, falco, falcon])

The lord commander disputes your statement.

Or rather, I dispute it on his behalf... because I'm bored.

(link is only like 1/2 a character anyway)

Jayford

Smash Lord
(0.) Lord Commander CunningKitsune (4 characters by name [fox, marth, falco, falcon])

The lord commander disputes your statement.

Or rather, I dispute it on his behalf... because I'm bored.

(link is only like 1/2 a character anyway)
haha

Nah, I've pretty much played only Link at the last two tournies and at the mini tourney here in Iowa. He is too fun lol.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
How far away is ann arbor, MI? They've got some melee tourneys going on up there this summer that might be worth sending people up to. Looks like they get better attendence than our summer ones at least.

Are there any other reasonably close tourneys other than POE? Is JAB never going to happen again?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Rofl ... Michigan!?
I think that's a little far to go for their monthly tournaments.
Chicago ... on the other hand ...

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
What happens in Chicago? Only thing I'm familiar with is SMYM, and I have no idea what time of year that is. What other stuff do they do? Maybe George knows, I think I remember him doing that stuff a good bit.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Corey: SMYM isn't near Chicago lol.

Chicago has Vro Zone, as well as random Sveet and Damian tournaments.
wow... yeah... *sigh*

Well apparently Vro Zones are not an option for me because of what takes place there, I'll just have to wait for one of those other ones.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Text and Audio hacks would be nice. I have a stupid question though, is it an ISO file or am i going to have to make it on my own? I haven't studied the hacking guide to the T yet.

If it is just the ISOs already made. I would like them both. Hopefully you're understanding my request.
Yea sorry, I've not been at home since the Vro Zone, so I really hadn't had a chance to post. First off, I have no ****ing clue how to make my own textures in melee so I have no idea how to. All of the texture hacks in one of the ISOs is from Sleepyk. If you have any questions about audio hacking I could help you out or going to this thread works too http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254136&page=1

No Textures Changes, Just set up for Audio Hacks
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ODJ9MD5

Alot of Texture and some Audio Changes
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4MQYVYF9

goosefactor

Smash Lord
My top tiers get ***** by Nebraska :(. But my Bowser, Ness, and Pichu go toe to toe with their best players lmao.
NEBRASKA?!

Is that even a state?

Yeah, I can manhandle all those east coast noobs, buy man, those Wyoming players are just too much for me to deal with.

'Fro

Smash Lord
*insert boredom induced sarcasm here*
Anyway, we need to finish DKC 3 when you're next here. Castlevania takes precedence though.

Also, I will no longer be able to provide a venue for tourneys. I ended up moving to a different place than what I originally intended. The guy I was going to sublease from screwed up a job offer, and decided not to move out. Since I didn't have a written contract with him, I had to play in a contingency plan, which was River Market Apartments. It's right above the Silver Dipper near the Wabash Landing area, for those who don't know.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Oh you liked it and you know it.

And ya, DKC 3 is so going down. We just have to find that other gay banana coin in the waterfall level. :mad:

Also, does the PS3 play PS1 games? Because there's a game I have called Alundra that's for the PS1 and it's one of my all-time favorite games, and I think you and Anthony should play it.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Oh you liked it and you know it.

And ya, DKC 3 is so going down. We just have to find that other gay banana coin in the waterfall level. :mad:

Also, does the PS3 play PS1 games? Because there's a game I have called Alundra that's for the PS1 and it's one of my all-time favorite games, and I think you and Anthony should play it.

Alundra is a pretty good game.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Alundra is a pretty good game.
You've played it!? From my understanding, hardly anyone even knew that game existed. I myself just happened to run into it randomly a long time ago at the video store when I was just a little goose. But wait, what do you mean it's only "a PRETTY good game"?:grrr: Did you end up beating it?

Heh, the excellent translation really added so much to that game.

Frosof, is yours considered an "early" version? And why the F would that change with the newer ones? Stupid Sony.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
corey the fact of the matter is if george or i are anywhere there is probably smoking the vro zone is legit and ud get practice though he wont have any more til he is back from china. It wouldnt be like were smoking in ur face but i understand if u just dont want to be near it at all i guess, damien and vro are looking to put on another tourny and are curretly working the dates out

'Fro

Smash Lord
I assume by smoking you mean more than ciggs, correct?
Honestly, the "activities" are inescapable. However, I can assure you no one will step on your toes as far as that is concerned. As George and DJ now, I am not a fan of smoking in all of its forms. However, they do that on their own, so it never encroaches on my fun at the Smash fest or tournaments.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
We are now set up for a hacked version of Melee thanks to various online help on modding my Wii, and Lance's help with the ISO. Also, this is pretty much the best news... I no longer need a Wiimote and that stupid bar thing just to play Melee. ( ^-^)> I feel like a pro now.

Top Bottom