• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Don't know if you guys have caught wind of this, but apparently "a good bit" of Rayman Legends's Single Player campaign is using Murphy to guide an AI-controlled Rayman via the GamePad.

If I were on a bit more competent device, I'd find the video, but one of the game's directors was talking about it to Nintendo World Report. Everyone should go look it up and interpret it yourselves, but I'm going to cling to the hope that there was a miscommunication.

There's no way Ancel, or Ubisoft for that matter, would let this happen. For a couple of levels sure, it's a neat idea, but for it to comprise a huge portion of the game? No.
I'd have to see how it's implemented to know how to react. Unless the AI is really good, this sounds bad. If it turns out that way, it's a damn shame since Rayman was what helped Ubisoft "win" E3.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
If I can't control Rayman in Single Player for about 90% of this game, it's a waste.

This isn't coming from someone who hates most anything. I'm plucky enough to enjoy almost literally everything.

But if the focus of this game isn't on platforming, it will be one if the biggest disappointments for me ever. Even if the AI is super great.

Guiding an AI Rayman is the kind of garbage I'd expect them to do on a tablet or phone to make a quick buck.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
what does rayman have to do with smash?

(actually, Watch Dogs won e3 for ubi... everything else was icing. padding from respective fanbases)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure you just got that wrong. All sources I found just say that if you additional players, up to 4 can control characters and 1 can control murphy

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Like I said, those are direct words from someone on the team in a video from NWP. This isn't just a rumor.

I'm still skeptical about what he meant, though.

I hope you're right, and what you've said is what I had believed until I saw this video.

Oh, and I'm mentioning this because it regards the Wii U, and this is a social thread. I know it's a bit off-topic, but I figured it would be of interest to some.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or maybe they have a different mode. Because this gameplay thing your talking about sounds EXACTLY like Mode B in Gyromite

Edit: Kirby's Dreamland 20th anniversary game is released today. I'm really looking forward to that.

Mario is probably my favorite of the game series, followed by old school DKC. BUT, the kirby franchise is up there along with those.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I can't buy the Wii U yet for few months after it's release, but I'm afraid the Deluxe Pack won't be then be available anymore, meaning that I would be stuck with the 8 GB-one with no additional bonus content...

But nice news that Kirby's Dream Collection will be finally released up! (-l<>l-)

But daamn, I've been so inactive here. Must be my hibernation season again like last year because of school and lack of information on Smash Bros 4.

Anyone willing to predict when we might get any new info this year?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone willing to predict when we might get any new info this year?
I'd guess the next Nintendo Direct will be sometime in mid-late November when the Wii U is released/is near release. I'm not sure how much info we'll get, but I'm positive we'll get something by the end of the year (and no it won't be a trailer or something NB big, more like an interview or something minor like that).

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
So I'm curious about something, if Nintendo publishes a game, but does not develop it, are they technically able to have a character in Smash bros (or perhaps any representation)? I've never been too sure how they decide on what games they are able to pull from, and I'm asking this as Nintendo is publishing both Ninja Gaiden 3, and Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, but don't technically own the IPs.

Not saying I'd really want Bayonetta in, but it makes sense as to why Kamiya has been so salty towards Playstation all stars if she is in Sm4sh.

Now Ryu on the other hand, I'd dig it if he was in, as the NES Ninja Gaidens were damn good.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I'm curious about something, if Nintendo publishes a game, but does not develop it, are they technically able to have a character in Smash bros (or perhaps any representation)? I've never been too sure how they decide on what games they are able to pull from, and I'm asking this as Nintendo is publishing both Ninja Gaiden 3, and Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, but don't technically own the IPs.

Not saying I'd really want Bayonetta in, but it makes sense as to why Kamiya has been so salty towards Playstation all stars if she is in Sm4sh.

Now Ryu on the other hand, I'd dig it if he was in, as the NES Ninja Gaidens were damn good.
If Nintendo owns or co-owns an IP, then that character would not be considered a third party. If Nintendo only published one or two entries in a series, only published a multiplat game for their console, or only published a series outside Japan, then for the most part it means that someone else owns the IP, and Nintendo just owns the publishing rights for that specific game(s) on that specific system.

So, for some 2nd party IPs like Pokemon or Golden Sun it can be assumed that Nintendo owns part of the IP (with Pokemon that has been confirmed) as every entry so far has been both published by Nintendo in all regions and exclusive to Nintendo platforms. Nintendo might be publishing Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta, but the IP rights are still owned by Tecmo/Sega, and any hypothetical Smash representation would be 3rd party. Unless Nintendo buys the rights to the IP, like with Fatal Frame, but in this case that's unlikely for a number of reasons.

Something like the Wonderful 101, even though it's developed by Platinum, seems to be a 2nd party IP, so W101 representation in Smash (in whatever form) is probably fairly likely.

@rosalina suporter
Sega still owns the IP.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Kamiya's attitude with PSA is that he thinks it's a shameless ripoff.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

It's all up to Sakurai, Platinum/Kamiya and the money.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
THANK YOU.

Now if only I cared enough I'd open a thread for him in the character discussions. :p

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
THANK YOU.

Now if only I cared enough I'd open a thread for him in the character discussions. :p
Brofists*

I always thought he'd be one of those good third party picks if Nintendo went all out with other Nes greats like Simon Belmont and Megaman.

And thanks to everyone that answered my question. Maybe we can get some of Bayonetta's awesome music at the least.

grizby2

Smash Lord
hopefully sm4sh will improve gameplay sound-wise.
im not just talking about music. just "sound" in general. kinda how like ness and lucas had different sounds for charging up their smash attacks, while everyone else's sounded like the hammer of a gun being pulled back. which is silly, considering most characters didn't have a gun. :ganondorf:

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm afraid to say that it looks like Nintendo is trying to replace/duplicate smash with the tekken series. Just look at this trailer for Tekken tag tournament 2! If you want, then skip 23 seconds into it, since the first 23 seconds nothing really happens in relation to smash, but after that it's like a smash tribute!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnaLXrjQYc

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm afraid to say that it looks like Nintendo is trying to replace/duplicate smash with the tekken series. Just look at this trailer for Tekken tag tournament 2! If you want, then skip 23 seconds into it, since the first 23 seconds nothing really happens in relation to smash, but after that it's like a smash tribute!
You're a little late to the party, pal (since Thursday to be exact). And I don't see this being related to Smash Bros but rather simply a Nintendo tribute. And don't forget that Sakurai has no involvement with that Tekken game so I highly doubt this will affect Smash 4 much.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Those outfits are just extras for the Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2... Sort of like how Link was included in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II.

What does this have to do with Smash?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It confirms Smash Bros X Tekken is coming in 2013.
With no timeouts
:troll:

D

Deleted member

"Ask Sakurai".

Welp, no Bayonetta in Smash. Spread the news.
Kamiya is not willing to push it, and she will not be as heavily requested as Sonic. She has Mega Man as a hurdle in that regard, and even he has yet to reach pre-Brawl Sonic level.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Kamiya know exactly what he's doing with those tweets.

Dude's pretty down tho; he's letting us have some fun speculating on stuff.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Star Fox 64 was the last star fox I played. Than I played it again on the 3DS. That's about it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Starfox really needs a team/studio to take the 64 formula, expand on it and execute it beautifully. The General consensus is that Starfox 64 hasn't been matched by any installment in the series to this day. It's sad we still look to a 15 year old game as the highlight in a franchise which has put out more than one game since then; especially considering most Nintendo franchises keep getting better or more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom