• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexrocks0221

Smash Rookie
my last star fox game that i played was adventure, but assualt the first time i played it it made me cry. But if they do add a new installment they should at least say if star wolf died or still lives

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Starfox really needs a team/studio to take the 64 formula, expand on it and execute it beautifully. The General consensus is that Starfox 64 hasn't been matched by any installment in the series to this day. It's sad we still look to a 15 year old game as the highlight in a franchise which has put out more than one game since then; especially considering most Nintendo franchises keep getting better or more interesting.
I half agree and half disagree with you. I agree that it would be pretty phenomenal to get another SF64-like game; but that is probably because SF64 is my favorite game of all time. The part I disagreed with was the last sentence, because I don't know why you are comparing SF64 to later titles, especially titles such as Adventures. You're comparing a scrolling-shooter game 100% taking place in the Arwing working with 3 teammates, to a Zelda-like adventure game which is 95% taken place on foot with your main weapon being a magical staff with a dinosaur prince following you around. It honestly does not make sense to me whatsoever to compare them, even while being under the same franchise. I wouldn't call one worse or less interesting than the other, they are different genres of games which appeal to different people. Even with SF64 being my favorite game though, I for sure love Adventures too and personally don't mind which direction Nintendo takes with any potential future game. :V

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
Personally, Star Fox 64 was one of my favorites, but Star Fox Assault (GameCube) took the cake. The storyline, the gameplay, everything was awesome. If there was one thing that I didn't care for too much was the ground-style shooter, but still, for what it was, the game was amazing. The story? I thought it was one of the best storylines in the Star Fox Universe to date. Command was just meh, Adventure was just, well, Adventure. Star Fox (SNES) was cool, 64 was awesome, but Assault just did it right.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Star Fox and 64/3D are the only good SF games.
Assault, Adventures and Command are all pretty bad.
IMO I'd rather have a new F-Zero.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's rather funny at how many times Harada has to repeat that Sakurai is in full control.

Still the thing that bugs me is, "part of the Tekken Team could be assigned to work on the Smash Bros. games." All I know is that it means that it'll be a while longer before we see anything if the development team is still being put together.
Perhaps people are concerned about how the game turns out. Either they think the Tekken people should have more of an active role, or they want the involvement to be minimal.

As for him saying "could", that may have been ambiguous on purpose. He can't say much on the game's development so it can go either way. This may also be a sign of the game's change in direction. If, say, they're going back to change up every character greatly, this would warrant the time it's taking.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Something is absolutely lost in translation. This contradicts everything including the official press release so far. They obviously have no control in what direction the game goes, but they are developing the game with Sakurai. They aren't going to be just sitting back and advising what should be done, absolutely no way.

To clarify, The full Tekken Team won't be doing this game. But developers from the Tekken Team as well as various other Namco Bandai will actively be working on this game.

InternetDramaOhNoes

Smash Rookie
I think it would be cool if they brought back things like l cancelling and wavedashing but made it easier for noobs to do. My friends beat me all the time because I cant do it, and I wish I could. I dont want them out of the game like Brawl did it because it makes the game cooler, but I am not good enough.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
It's rather funny at how many times Harada has to repeat that Sakurai is in full control.

Still the thing that bugs me is, "part of the Tekken Team could be assigned to work on the Smash Bros. games." All I know is that it means that it'll be a while longer before we see anything if the development team is still being put together.
The game is being worked on, and even if the Tekken team doesn't get assigned to work on it the current development team alone is still bigger than the team who worked on Brawl.

Hopefully we'll see at least something next year~

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The game is being worked on, and even if the Tekken team doesn't get assigned to work on it the current development team alone is still bigger than the team who worked on Brawl.

Hopefully we'll see at least something next year~
I can guaruntee they'll probably have a trailer ready by E3. Hopefully they learn from the development of other good ifhgting games, and release a lot of playable demos so people can get a preview of what the game will be like.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
... The part I disagreed with was the last sentence, because I don't know why you are comparing SF64 to later titles, especially titles such as Adventures. You're comparing a scrolling-shooter game 100% taking place in the Arwing working with 3 teammates, to a Zelda-like adventure game which is 95% taken place on foot with your main weapon being a magical staff with a dinosaur prince following you around. It honestly does not make sense to me whatsoever to compare them, even while being under the same franchise. I wouldn't call one worse or less interesting than the other, they are different genres of games which appeal to different people...
I didn't compare the games. I just said that people tend to put SF64 over the games in the franchise released afterwards. If people have enjoyed SF64 over the franchise's latter games there must have been something about the execution of teh respective game's content that SF64 got right that newer Star Fox games didn't quite execute properly. It's not hard to notice SF64 is a completely different game from Command or Adventures; but these games didn't have the same impact on people as SF64 did.

EDIT: But yeah, I can see why things might look/sound like a comparison in my other post, lol.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
That hammer is from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, i think it'd make a great item.

It could be a much more balanced version of the Donkey Kong Arcade hammer, using it has several opening frames and once you hit an opponent they get stuck in the ground sorta like how DK's Headbutt works.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Wait! It's Link that's winning and Pikachu that's losing. What madness is this!!!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maybeee, Link probably wanted a moveset with better range and an annoying chaingrab.

But really though, just thought it could be an idea for a new item. ︶︹︺
It's alright, but I just think that I see TLink using it more.

Thank god Lucario doesn't have it. >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dedede is one of my favorite of all Nintendo characters

jigglover

Smash Lord
I was bored, so i made a vision of a SSB4 VS Battle. Tell me what you think~

Right, I think what Pichu is saying is that it can be an item you pick up like the fan or the arcade hammer, and it works differently. I hope the nintendo characters have facial expressions like Kirby's though! I also have to congratulate you on the graphics on Pikachu's spark, it looks incredible.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dedede is one of my favorite of all Nintendo characters
Kinda funny. I feel that way now, too. I finished K:RtD on Extra Mode to 100% and did the regular Arena. After being able to chose one of the other three characters for Arena, I tested out Dedede. It made me appreciate how truly awesome he is. That hammer is godly, I tell ya.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That Smash car up there looks cool, reminds me of the Lugia car that used to drive around advertising Pokemon: The Movie 2000 way back when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom