• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lot of stuff worth noting in that interview of Sakurai's:

- Universal roster
- Stages will reflect titles from platforms (called it!)
- Character models are more vibrant this time
- Pit has new moves
- Villager is actually a dangerous character
- Megaman plays like everyone expected with Smash/Tilt/Aerial Robot Master abilities
- Megaman might not be the only third party character
- Wii Fit Trainer was completely Sakurai
- Looks like character reveals will have their own videos, at least for the interim
- And Sakurai destroyed conventional roster wisdom in one day

One down, six more to go.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Now I'm just bummed we didn't get to see Villager on the 3DS. I be he'd look cute.

I really hope he becomes a girl for an alternate costume, like Wario. Minus the gender swapping.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
well now that i cooled down (sakurai is the master troll), I still got my kirby, and if the gameplay is melee-esque or at least faster than brawl, than alright.

lolreconlol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
boatv2
3DS FC
1934-1192-2911
Not sure if anyone answered - but is there a difference between the games for the two systems?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't know if I even feel want to even hope for any character I've wanted to see. Anyone can get in.

It's all ****ing lottery now.

-Link-

Smash Cadet
I must admit I was very upset about wii fit trainer at first, but I am starting to see how she can fit in. Plus, there is no telling what the limit is on the number of characters that there will be in the upcoming smash. All we can do is try to make assumptions about everything to the best of our ability.

I am just glad to know that they will be updating the dojo periodically over time to give us something to look forward to. Also I like how the newcomers get their own unique videos to watch. :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Next six? What are you talking about?
Am guessing it's the six blank spots left on the Dojo. If it's not though, then iunno.

Not sure if anyone answered - but is there a difference between the games for the two systems?
I think the only differences right now are the stages and the design, but I'm sure there will be more.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wii Fit Trainer. Well gentlemen, it has truly been an honor...

Or maybe I'm over-reacting. If she counts as the Mii rep, I'll be less enraged.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Playing against himself, two controllers at once, Sakurai owns all.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's funny. I've said before that there would be no real surprises, because every character under the sun has been brought up since the Brawl days. Some choices may be strange, but we would still have at least considered them before.

NOPE. Leave it to Sakurai to think of a character nobody else would have.

A real surprise. So cool.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At first, I was appalled by Wii Fit Trainer Girl, but seeing her in action completely changed my mind. I definitely like the idea of a fitness based fighting style. Her moves kind of reminded me of Cerebella and Valentine. She's making me want to try Wii Fit now.

Also, the matches seem faster with more hitstun. Not up to Melee speed, but definitely a solid pace. I might not get my Tekken strings, but this looks to be a fairly good game so far. Also, definitely loving Bowser's changes.

And Megaman will be the Peacock of Smash 4, I'm calling it.

They didn't even go with Mii, they went straight to Wii Fit :laugh:
I'll take Wii Fit over Mii any day of the week. So should we give her a name or something. I'm thinking Sharron for some reason.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm going to leave now from this board guys.

I don't know what to want from SSB4 anymore.

Due this reason I don't see a good reason to stay speculating about things because most things I see in the future is beyond bleak and prone to disappoint me more.

Salutes. You were very all very great and dear friends though, and I'm glad you helped me to stick to the end, up to my last limits.

I'm very sorry for saying all this though. I guess I'm just a spoiled weakling after all who's bit too hardcore for his own good.

Anyway, have fun speculating. I might not return until I see something that re-ignites my interest. (Could be any day, or never.)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So, if you haven't seen it. In the gameplay video of Megaman vs. Mario, Megaman sends Mario from 22% to 71% with one Dsmash.

LOL

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh come on. So we got this one character out of nowhere? Big whoop. One of your wanted characters is bound to show up. Not only that, but even if they're not in, this looks to be a very solid game altogether.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm loving the changes they're making to Bowser. DAT ****ING DROP KICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom