• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh come on. So we got this one character out of nowhere? Big whoop. One of your wanted characters is bound to show up. Not only that, but even if they're not in, this looks to be a very solid game altogether.

Most thoughts I have now:

- Palutena, Toad or Dixie show up = Mostly what I expected, not big suprise

- Not shown up = Well that's a shame, not big suprise.

- Most characters I feel like should really be in Smash can't get in anymore at this rate. (Starfy, Lip, Lloyd, etc)

I think you guys will be more happy with this game than I am. So I'll leave without dragging you down.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Wow he's really upset over this. As for trainer names, Kuma I like "Rachel".

@reconlol you only need one.

StickandFluid

Smash Apprentice
until I have the game in my hands or I hear a competitive player's opinion I feel I can't open my mouth cause watching sakurai play made me feel like it's brawl 2.0 but hopefully I am wrong, i don't even want melee tricks i just want it to be tighter and faster thats all lol

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holy crap I actually managed to get into this thread, its been giving me such a hard time! >_<; And what the hell we have Horsetail here talking so depressingly for some reason. I don't quite understand that, but alright. I admit, I am curious to know how all of the very serious Smash Bros. Roster predictors/speculators feel about themselves and their certainty/confidence/authority. :smirk: Sakurai does whatever Sakurai wants, we all knew this!!!!

It's funny, everyone was predicting five characters, things like King K. Rool and Ridley. Only Mega Man was right on the money. We also got the Villager.

Viewers: Ah, well he looks awesome! Though honestly he is a bit unconventi--

Sakurai: Wii Fit Trainer. :troll:

Viewers:

Sakurai:

Viewers:

Haven't seen tripping so that's a good thing......so far
That is reason to believe it does not exist, given the gameplay we've watched now. At any rate, that's to be expected really, Sakurai is an eccentric, but he isn't an idiot.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You honestly can't tell what is happening mechanically. You see the game is faster than brawl at the very least. About hitstun...I couldn't tell you because they didn't really do much of anything...well besides Megaman's Dsmash

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
O_O

OMG I can't believe nobody has posted this(I think).

Go watch this video again.

Anyone else remember this BitF strip?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Oh come on. So we got this one character out of nowhere? Big whoop. One of your wanted characters is bound to show up. Not only that, but even if they're not in, this looks to be a very solid game altogether.
Obviously Young Horsetail has some more eccentric character demands that make him more prone to being upset, HOWEVER, this is a valid point. Consider the fact that the opening trailer only revealed 2 characters, the worry of a small roster is very VERY real. And if Sakurai wastes an entire slot on a character that literally no one wants, what does that say about the direction of the game?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm no longer bitter about the Wii Fit Trainer, but I wish Sakurai had unveiled a few more characters that people had actually wanted before revealing her, whether at this E3 or in the future. For me it would've been easier to accept her knowing we already had several characters with actual demand and popularity. I also think she'd make a better unlockable than starter, but whatevah.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You honestly cannot look me in my eye and tell me that when you look at the final roster and you are like "This roster looks good...I wish this one *insert character* was in" and then you look at the WFT.

She would have been better off if she didn't show up until like around release time. Even then

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm no longer bitter about the Wii Fit Trainer, but I wish Sakurai had unveiled a few more characters that people had actually wanted before revealing her, whether at this E3 or in the future. For me it would've been easier to accept her knowing we already had several characters with actual demand and popularity. I also think she'd make a better unlockable than starter, but whatevah.
Yeah, I think people would be less bitter if she was one of the last characters revealed. People are mostly just afraid their preferred characters won't get in because of her.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He ****ing revealed her in front of a crowd.

SO. BALLSY.

Gotta respect the man like really.

The awesome thing was that everyone there loved it.

Go watch this video again.
That might have been posted before.

I wish the announcer didn't exist, not to be mean, I can see he was trying. He just... shouldn't have. The gameplay speaks for itself basically.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They will come in due time. We have at least 260 updates until the game actually comes out so there's nothing to worry about.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So my other problem today, Megaman's Dsmash uncharged does 50%...

My prayers go out to balancing, like previously said, "no pun intended"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He ****ing revealed her in front of a crowd.

SO. BALLSY.

Gotta respect the man like really.
I think they were mostly relieved the game being displayed turned out to not actually be Wii Fit U. :laugh:

They will come in due time. We have at least 260 updates until the game actually comes out so there's nothing to worry about.
Yeah I know, but as both Nintendo characters revealed today weren't too requested or demanded or anything (Villager due to Sakurai himself though), it just would've been nice to see a Nintendo character people actually wanted before a character no one cared about and would prove to be quite controversial. First impressions are often important, especially at an event of this scale and with an unproven and faltering system like the Wii U, but I don't doubt a handful of the characters we expect will show up eventually. Just an odd choice when you're trying to build hype I suppose.

I guess on the flip side, people upset by this character will have quite a lot of time to come to terms with her, so that's a positive of her being unveiled so early. :ohwell:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
So my other problem today, Megaman's Dsmash uncharged does 50%...

My prayers go out to balancing, like previously said, "no pun intended"
It's multi hit and dude wasn't even trying to SDI. It might not be so bad. Plus unless it pulls you in, he went the wrong way and took more damage.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wasn't reposting that vid. Go read the BitF strip after watching that reveal.

My apologies, misread.

I also think she'd make a better unlockable than starter, but whatevah.
Well she's not necessarily a starter, right?

This thread is dead, and just to hell with it.

I'm in total rage mode, but not as much as Sakurai is in total ****** mode.
Awww come on John. You probably won't feel so heated about it after a little while. And I don't see the harm in adding an unconventional character, in fact its interesting that he doesn't want this to go exactly as we expect, and he's doing so without sacrificing fun characters (given that she plays quite neatly) and not without representing Nintendo. Of course, these might not be your only concerns, I was a bit presumptuous. But still, if this is the reason why, I must say it is a bit absurd to react this way, given she is just a single character in the game. The game still looks amazing and the other characters are excellent no matter how bleak your outlook on her is.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I just regret that she is called "Wii Fit Trainer " and not "Wii Trainer of Fitness" or something like that.
We could have literraly called her WTF instead of WFT.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well she's not necessarily a starter, right?
Not necessarily, but she's going to be used to promote the game and has been unveiled early enough to always be associated with the game, which is what starters often are. It would kind of defeat the purpose to make her unlockable now, and it would really be a first for a Nintendo character shown at (or shortly after) the unveil, but if today has taught us nothing else, it's that Sakurai is a crazy ******* who is hard to predict. So yeah... now anything goes I guess.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Sakurai's mindgames are too strong. Nobody can predict his mind.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm going to leave now from this board guys.

I don't know what to want from SSB4 anymore.

Due this reason I don't see a good reason to stay speculating about things because most things I see in the future is beyond bleak and prone to disappoint me more.

Salutes. You were very all very great and dear friends though, and I'm glad you helped me to stick to the end, up to my last limits.

I'm very sorry for saying all this though. I guess I'm just a spoiled weakling after all who's bit too hardcore for his own good.

Anyway, have fun speculating. I might not return until I see something that re-ignites my interest. (Could be any day, or never.)

Oh come on Horsetail, cheer a little up. Okay we got one character that came completely out of the blue and one everyone thought wouldn't get in. That's still not something to be upset about. We still have the daily updates and more characters to be revealed. Plus the most wanted character was revealed. I'm sure there are more to follow. Just have a little faith.

I mean I want Professor Layton the most but after hearing Sakurai mention that he wouldn't add just any guest character has sunk my heart a little since I would guess that Layton would fit in that "just any guest character" catagory and Toon Link's future seems to be a little hazy. But I'm still going to keep an open mind about all this.

Just have a little faith. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom