• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm going to be honest here. I was first disappointed and mind-blown with WFT, but after seeing her in action during her intro trailer, she is definitely a comedic character. It's so ridiculous, I cannot help but laugh.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I still don't care for WFT, but these are beautiful. All of them. Really like the stage pics, and the characters look so gorgeous this time around, much prefer this art style to... both Melee and Brawl tbh. It's going to be a long wait... *sigh*

Her style doesn't leave much for the graphics to beautify, but I find it interesting in contrast of other fighters and the stage around her.

And yeah. Remember that wait from the start of development to now? Get ready to roughly do it AGAIN. :awesome: Though fortunately this latter arc will be blessed with little bits of info, of which will be picking up speed the closer we get. So don't fret too much N3ON. *pat pat*

I see people saying it's just Brawl 2.0 with different graphics

I don't think they would bring in Namco just to make a HD Brawl
Some of us were just remarking that the game is visibly different, like in the "good way" in terms of hit stun and speed (and of course no witnessed tripping, likely deconfirming it).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't still feel like staying.

The characters I have been wanting from bottom of my heart are now nigh impossible.

Meanwhile you guys get characters you wanted, or we'll get more stupid additions...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm so glad to see some of the old guard resurgent. Stick around, ya'lllllllllll.

Also, I can't wait to see the footage of the new Smash in action!

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually think Toad has a higher chance now given 3D World.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

The characters I have been wanting from bottom of my heart are now nigh impossible.

Meanwhile you guys get characters you wanted, or we'll get more stupid additions...

Just stick around for a little longer Horsetail.. I'm also losing hope actually, Toon Link seems to be at risk and Professor Layton seems to have falled downwards really hard after Sakurai's comment. But I'm still going to try and hope for the best. I at least want to see Mewtwo return. If none of my favourite characters get in then oh well... At least I will still have Ness I guess... >_>

I completely understand how you feel. Hopefully things improve as time goes on...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I think you're being pessimistic.

All right, WFT is a weird, trollish character, but we still don't know what other surprises may end up showing up.

AC Villager getting in was proof that even characters Sakurai deemed impossible before can hope to be in Smash.

I think you're overreacting when we still know too little about the game. We've had 12 characters revealed today, which 3 of them are newcomers. That's more than the number of characters revealed in Brawl's first trailer.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I see people saying it's just Brawl 2.0 with different graphics

I don't think they would bring in Namco just to make a HD Brawl

Same here, The game is still developing so people are over reacting, brawl and melee are great games except that melee obviously caters toward the competitive scene, and my hope is that ssb4 will do the same.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I don't really care if it's a Brawl/Melee clone. It's Smash Bros, I'm going to enjoy it even if it's super slow, super fast, or anywhere in between.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm betting you'll stay, regardless of the display you are putting on.

Your presumptions aside, why are you so obsessed with getting the characters you want?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't really care if it's a Brawl/Melee clone. It's Smash Bros, I'm going to enjoy it even if it's super slow, super fast, or anywhere in between.
It looks like a happy medium between Brawl and Melee so I'm okay on that front
No sign of tripping? So far so good.
Characters don't seem that floaty, like brawl that is cool.
and more shallowly the game looks beautiful.....on Wii U

Hello.

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I was mindblown at the Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion until I saw her trailer. I think she's a good addition.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
A lot of people (including myself) were incredibly bitter about the WFT being a character and saying she is a waste of slot, but after the gameplay video some started to feel less bitter or even began to like and accept WFT for her lolsy style and what she brings to the table. Its just like R.O.B in Brawl, people hated him at first but overtime people started to like him hell even I did when I started messing around with him. So I think you guys shouldn't lose hope on your favourites yet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It looks like a happy medium between Brawl and Melee so I'm okay on that front
No sign of tripping so far so good.
Characters don't seem that floaty
and more shallowly the game looks beautiful.....on Wii U
I agree with the game being beautiful. I was completely stunned when I saw the trailer. The art style is amazing.

WFT's Final Smash always makes me laugh... :laugh:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Kuma, Smooth, do you feel like Megaman's going to be a really fun character to play with with the kit he presents? Outside of that one move I feel like he is going to be a character you can go in any direction with as far as playstyles are concerned.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh crap, I finally managed to make it back in here.

After looking at those pictures the stages seem extremely legit to play on. I can't wait to try them out

You know what I noticed? A lot of the character models are slightly smaller in contrast to the stages. One of my biggest complaints with Brawl is that a lot of stages felt "cramped" because they made the characters larger from Melee to Brawl.

One of the other things I liked is how two of the returning characters already had their movesets adjusted. This gives me hope that other veterans in need of some tuning will get that this go around.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't want Panel De Pon to stay dead.
I don't want PacMan-fans to **** on me for wanting Lloyd.
I wish any of my little-chance-but-big-dedication characters and support to actually matter.
I'm losinh my respect towards this because it's not a childhood-defing allstar game in my eyes anymore.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I agree with the game being beautiful. I was completely stunned when I saw the trailer. The art style is amazing.

WFT's Final Smash always makes me laugh... :laugh:
I honestly thought Just Dance when I saw the FS.

(New Topic until tomorrow Dojo reveal)
Hmmmm is Kiddy Kong confiremed? :troll:

go to around 2:14

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, Smooth, do you feel like Megaman's going to be a really fun character to play with with the kit he presents? Outside of that one move I feel like he is going to be a character you can go in any direction with as far as playstyles are concerned.
Originally, I was against the idea of him Robot Master powers, but seeing him presented as a very versatile character, he should be a solid character overall.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Hmmmm is Kiddy Kong confiremed? :troll:]

Considering Retro managed to get David Wise to collaborate on this soundtrack at the vehement behest of thousands of fans, I would not be surprised if the fourth character is King K. Rool.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I feel like if you truly enjoyed playing Megaman games as a child, you will enjoy playing with him regardless.
Two things.

1) That wasn't the point of my question.

2) If Megaman was some garbage like the Box Art Megaman then, no, you wouldn't enjoy playing with him.

Oh crap, I finally managed to make it back in here.

You know what I noticed? A lot of the character models are slightly smaller in contrast to the stages. One of my biggest complaints with Brawl is that a lot of stages felt "cramped" because they made the characters larger from Melee to Brawl.

One of the other things I liked is how two of the returning characters already had their movesets adjusted. This gives me hope that other veterans in need of some tuning will get that this go around.
Yes, I really liked that touch they brought back. You could really tell Melee stages shrunk in Brawl due to the upscaling every character got. Everything seems more spacious leaving more room both sides of the gaming spectrum.

I must have glazed over that but which 2 were changed? I still Mario with FLUUD and that was only thing that caught my eye from the veteran gameplay.

D

Deleted member

Watch it be a super plot twist and K. Rool is the 4th playable character because only HE is allowed to take over DK Isle. :troll:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Originally, I was against the idea of him Robot Master powers, but seeing him presented as a very versatile character, he should be a solid character overall.
I'm really glad they made his leaf shield similar to how his leaf shield was in MvC2. I was thinking about how that would work when I wasn't around.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

K Rool maybe?

Funky?
Cranky?

Or a new character

It's one of those 4

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hell and blood, Horsetail. Stop blubblering already. Nothing is set in stone. Lower your expectations. Something.

@ Iblis: I dunno, man. I haven't watched enough of the Blue Bomber in action yet to form my own opinion. I'll definitely throw in my two cents when I'm able, though.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I will main Megaman and sub the inevitable Tales of character.

Dictated, not read.
How the hell is a tales character inevitable?

If anything it's pac man because of that rumor

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes, I really liked that touch they brought back. You could really tell Melee stages shrunk in Brawl due to the upscaling every character got. Everything seems more spacious leaving more room both sides of the gaming spectrum.
I've never been able to prove this, but my feeling has always been that the upscaling had a lot to do with Solid Snake's height. Crazy theory aside of course you know I was checking out the stages and I must say I really like what I saw on the Wii U. 3DS stages are a little hit or miss.

I must have glazed over that but which 2 were changed? I still Mario with FLUUD and that was only thing that caught my eye from the veteran gameplay.
Bowser is the most obvious one. Out of all the veterans I never expected him of all characters to receive a drastic upgrade. There is also Pit who has at least two new moves and has had his animations for existing attacks reconfigured. Samus received a graphical redesign but no real indication her gameplay style has changed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At least we get dojo to look forward to every weekday
That's true, but the dojo certainly doesn't make the wait easier. :laugh:

I don't want Panel De Pon to stay dead.
I don't want PacMan-fans to **** on me for wanting Lloyd.
I wish any of my little-chance-but-big-dedication characters and support to actually matter.
I'm losinh my respect towards this because it's not a childhood-defing allstar game in my eyes anymore.
Don't get discouraged Horsetail, Pac-Man fans are a silly bunch anyways. :p
Or maybe just John...

And as time goes on, it can't just be a childhood defining all-star game to us, there are those younger than us that are just now getting experience with their child-defining moments in gaming, and they need to be represented as well. Technically characters like WFT, as much as I'd like not to admit it, have earned their place, Wii Fit and the Wii series in general has left an impact greater than many other series in Smash, and sadly some people will remember games like Wii Fit from their childhood.

And to be fair, that's sort of the risk accepted when supporting little-chance characters. Their unlikelihood comes with the territory, and there are a lot of them, so Sakurai can't include them all. But don't think you're the only one who hasn't got "their" characters yet. I've been waiting over ten years for my most-wanted character, and my other one is now ineligible due to leaving Nintendo. Some have been waiting even longer, like Chrono. All part of following Smash I guess, but hopefully you will be able to find redeeming qualities in the game even if you don't get your most wanted, because tbh Smash is full of redeeming qualities to those disappointed with one aspect.

Hope you stick around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom