• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If we assume that there's 12 newcomers again than Mii and Wii Fitness Trainer are 1/6th of our total newcomers. Pac-Man and Mega Man are another 1/6th, which leaves "normal" Nintendo characters as only 2/3rds of our total newcomers. I'd rather a legitimate character instead of a Mii; Miis look kinda dumb and if you want a wacky Wii-based character you've got the Wii Fit Trainer.
Let me stop you here because third party characters will probably stay unlockable like they were in Brawl meaning that's only 2 spots, leaving 10 for others like Little Mac and other popular characters. Again, let's not blow this out of proportion.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
I hate Miis so much, don't give me Wii Fit Trainer and then a Mii next. Miis are the bad kind of troll character. if Lil' Mac and Pac-man are in, then I'm satisfied and wouldn't gripe much about any others, though having Paper Mario or fantasy dream (Geno) would be cool.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Take with a grain of salt, but apparently Gematsu claims that they were informed last week of 6 new characters being revealed at E3, three of which being the three we have seen.
The other three they claim are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii.

Given how Sakurai's own Mii appears at :56 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxDPJmO6f8
If Miis were to be revealed, it would probably showcase Sakurai's.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

If this is true, at the very least Little Mac is a good thing for most, right?
Kinda sad that Little Mac, a character I have no real desire to see (but have absolutely nothing against), is the character I'd like to see the most out of those three. Very apathetic towards the other two. If this is true, the remaining characters better be some heavy-hitting popular requests.

Like you said though, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Unless the amount of newcomers is around that of Brawl's or more (which I doubt), unveiling six characters seems a little excessive, especially considering we're likely more than a year away from release.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
At the end of the day I can say the positives outweigh the negatives for me atm.

The graphics are pretty, Megaman was announced, the gameplay looks faster and the hitstun seems to be intact, however WFT and Megaman's Dsmash are what bother me.

Long as the gameplay stays promising and comes through and no more god awful characters I'll be more than fine with this game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The DSmash appears to be an awful lot like Bowser's Fire.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Let me stop you here because third party characters will probably stay unlockable like they were in Brawl meaning that's only 2 spots, leaving 10 for others like Little Mac and other popular characters. Again, let's not blow this out of proportion.
Sorry, confused what you were saying.

In any case, I really don't see what's "blowing things out of proportion" about not wanting a slot that could be occupied by a legitimate character to go to a Mii. Few enough characters will get in as is, and Mii knocks one other potential newcomer out of the running just by occupying that slot.

The inclusion of Miis also has annoying ramifications for gameplay as a whole because it lets people jam "original" characters into a game that's supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo characters.

Kinda sad that Little Mac, a character I have no real desire to see (but have absolutely nothing against), is the character I'd like to see the most out of those three. Very apathetic towards the other two. If this is true, the remaining characters better be some heavy-hitting popular requests.

Like you said though, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Unless the amount of newcomers is around that of Brawl's or more (which I doubt), unveiling six characters seems a little excessive, especially considering we're likely more than a year away from release.
Unless they themselves are making it up completely, it seems fairly legit. Pretty much nobody would have predicted Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. I hope it's not true, but I guess we'll see. Are they considered to be a reputable website?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I wish the gameplay was of higher player quality so I could see the deeper mechanics that weren't showcased like DI. Seeing how stuff that was like would give me a better judgement on his Dsmash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless they themselves are making it up completely, it seems fairly legit. Pretty much nobody would have predicted Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. I hope it's not true, but I guess we'll see. Are they considered to be a reputable website?
Not sure if the website is reputable, it's not one I usually frequent. And yeah, the three characters they claim are believable, but it's really no more credible than any other rumor. They said they knew which characters were going to be revealed today last week. Great, anyone can say that after it's happened. And it's not the characters themselves I find unlikely (at this point I don't even know what to expect character-wise) it's the fact that we're getting three more, and just it being a rumor about Smash... which usually aren't true.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Not sure if the website is reputable, it's not one I usually frequent. And yeah, the three characters they claim are believable, but it's really no more credible than any other rumor. They said they knew which characters were going to be revealed today last week. Great, anyone can say that after it's happened. And it's not the characters themselves I find unlikely (at this point I don't even know what to expect character-wise) it's the fact that we're getting three more, and just it being a rumor about Smash... which usually aren't true.
Yeah, that's why I ask if they're reputable. If this was coming from a major site I'd probably believe it as they wouldn't likely completely fabricate such a story, but if it's some random guys who might well asspull just for page views I'd probably be inclined to discredit it.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The inclusion of Miis also has annoying ramifications for gameplay as a whole because it lets people jam "original" characters into a game that's supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo characters.
That's kind of part of Mii's identification though, as in, they can be customized and appear like whatever we want. It'd still be representing Mii over and above whatever you make it to be.

Can anyone confirm to me that they ACTUALLY predicted Wii Fit Trainer?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The idea of a Mii never sat well with me. Now that I'm seeing the Villager and Sharron/Rachel/WFT, a Mii seems like it would be a lazy combination of two very interesting characters.

@Holder
I never saw a single person even make a request for the WFT. Villager, on the other hand, was always competing with Nook and K.K.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Can anyone confirm to me that they ACTUALLY predicted Wii Fit Trainer?
They didn't beforehand, which is why I ask if they're reputable. If not they're probably just making it up.

That's kind of part of Mii's identification though, as in, they can be customized and appear like whatever we want. It'd still be representing Mii over and above whatever you make it to be.
Yeah, I know. I just feel like that sort of customization doesn't have any place in Smash Bros. Just my personal tastes, of course.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They're probably making it up, it's usually better to air on that side than get your hopes up. Either way, we won't have long until we actually find out.

In other news:
Miyamoto said:
We're also working on a new Wii U Zelda game. Work on that is progressing fairly concretely. In fact, we were thinking about showing it here at E3 but decided to wait just a little bit longer before sharing it with everyone.
Sounds about right. :glare:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
They're probably making it up, it's usually better to air on that side than get your hopes up. Either way, we won't have long until we actually find out.
Not sure what to do, since in this case believing that they're making it up is getting my hopes up. :p

Sakurai's wording implied that Fitness Trainer would be the last reveal at E3, so I guess I'll stick with that for now and see what comes.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, Sakurai said "for today" after the WFT reveal if I remember correctly.

*subtly trying to feed hope to everyone so they may fall*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a pokemon presentation in 2 hours. I don't know if there is a link to it or not anywhere

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

In other news:

Sounds about right. :glare:
It'll probably be a deal like last E3 where Nintendo did basically nothing at the actual conference and then bombarded us with games in next month's Direct.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Mii being playable? then why WFT? hope this is just a rumour, anyways I can't wait to see how many FE reps we get *please lyn*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
* laughs like Skull Kid* You guys are like dynamites that were lit on a blazing sunny day. Wii Fit Trainer is a unique addition and she is arguably the best choice to represent the Wii Era other than Shulk. Wii Fit was a hit so she is more than welcome to teach Mario and friends a thing or two about athletics. Wii Fit changed our ( my family ) lives and was a fan favorite casual game when we used to own our Wii in the past. Good thing my mom is looking forward to getting Wii Fit U and actually play Smash with me since she likes the character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wii Fit Trainer will be the most balanced character in the game.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wish the gameplay was of higher player quality so I could see the deeper mechanics that weren't showcased like DI. Seeing how stuff that was like would give me a better judgement on his Dsmash.

It's also important to note that the game still has a lot of development left, there's really little point in bending over backwards over something that might potentially be unbalanced when it is subject to change over a year of time.

Wii Fit Trainer will be the most balanced character in the game.
Can't believe this made me laugh..

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It'll probably be a deal like last E3 where Nintendo did basically nothing at the actual conference and then bombarded us with games in next month's Direct.
I sure hope so. Not that the games or the Direct was disappointing, because it wasn't, but because it really had no surprises to it, other than DKC. Though I guess they were saving all the surprise for WFT. :smirk:

Mii being playable? then why WFT? hope this is just a rumour, anyways I can't wait to see how many FE reps we get *please lyn*
Yeah, at this point seems like the mix of the Villager and WFT could accomplish the majority of what the Mii could. Fighting with random objects, and representing the Wii series... normally I wouldn't have minded their inclusion, but now I'd rather see someone else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see people saying it's just Brawl 2.0 with different graphics

I don't think they would bring in Namco just to make a HD Brawl

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Her trailer is hilarious:

Really, I first was kind of disappointed, but she's completely lulzy. You know that Smash Bros. is a game where anything can happen when you have a FITNESS INSTRUCTOR as a character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We've had some hilarious **** happen in here but this is the best post in this thread.
I got it from the Eventhubs comments. Not surprisingly, the responses have been similar to here. The biggest difference I saw was that they were comparing her to Dhalsim.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm actually imitating WFT's moves right now. That DTilt is fun. Maybe I should take Yoga some day.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I still don't care for WFT, but these are beautiful. All of them. Really like the stage pics, and the characters look so gorgeous this time around, much prefer this art style to... both Melee and Brawl tbh. It's going to be a long wait... *sigh*
*Pats back*
Just tank it out man, tank it out.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I still don't care for WFT, but these are beautiful. All of them. Really like the stage pics, and the characters look so gorgeous this time around, much prefer this art style to... both Melee and Brawl tbh. It's going to be a long wait... *sigh*
At least we get dojo to look forward to every weekday

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And on this day, all roster predictions were deemed incorrect. Oh, Sakurai...:laugh:

Wii Fit Trainer should be pretty interesting, but with her and the Villager already included now, I sincerely hope the Mii thing is wrong.

That being said, I'm still holding out hope for Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Roy, Takamaru, Palutena, and Little Mac, especially. I'm actually starting to feel more nervous about Goroh, Toad, and Shulk's odds. Although, I'm really just hoping that no veterans get the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom