• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Were you fapping at the end?
So freaking what? People have done these "sins" since the dawn of time. Hell, if we didn't have the "sin of lust", our species would've died out millions of years ago.
Sins are simply taboos which are defined by cultures. My ancestors put human sacrificing like heart sacrifices in a much different light than how the Western European culture did.
No, I was moving my tongue quickly between my partially open lips.
You seem to misinterpret our definition of lust, sex is a very, VERY good thing that exists.

Like Hyper said, let us move on.
Here, I sung some Brawl main theme for you guys: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qgbr0qm4Tl
After like 20 recordings. I didn't feel bright enough, and the break between the first famam and illius was too long. Also, singing from my throat too much, not enough diaphragm!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Religious talk? Well it's still better than another Fire Emblem discussion I guess.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How about we all just agree that Jesus was an alien and talk about videogames?
Dude, is that you doing the splits in your avatar?

Let us watch as the next Smash gives everyone inordinate flexibility. Again.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Oh, and speaking of homosexuality, I'm sure most of you know this, but did you know that Birdo's a guy?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's seriously get back on topic, please.

I'm hoping that Samus has more costumes very similar to the actual various forms. One could be Dark Samus(not the one version we got from Brawl, and almost a carbon copy instead). I know both versions of Dark Link were really good, but Samus got a mediocre costume comparatively.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oh, and speaking of homosexuality, I'm sure most of you know this, but did you know that Birdo's a guy?
I thought that was common knowledge.

I'm hoping that Samus has more costumes very similar to the actual various forms. One could be Dark Samus(not the one version we got from Brawl, and almost a carbon copy). I know both versions of Dark Link were really good, but Samus got a mediocre costume comparatively.
You mean Samus would actually change suits instead of just the colors, right?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

I'm hoping that Samus has more costumes very similar to the actual various forms. One could be Dark Samus(not the one version we got from Brawl, and almost a carbon copy). I know both versions of Dark Link were really good, but Samus got a mediocre costume comparatively.
I just dislike the Other M design for Samus.
Her Metroid Prime design is the best.
Also, Dark Samus or Dark Suit Samus? Because a Dark Suit Samus costume would be great.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm hoping that Samus has more costumes very similar to the actual various forms. One could be Dark Samus(not the one version we got from Brawl, and almost a carbon copy instead). I know both versions of Dark Link were really good, but Samus got a mediocre costume comparatively.
Right. You know what upset me the most? Samus's Fusion suit really wasn't the Fusion suit. It was just a recolor of the Varia suit. If we're gonna recolor something to be themed to something, why not make it a whole separate costume, you know, like, the real deal? Like Wario. I think and hope they'll do this more for the next Smash, we shall see.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Samus had two suits in Brawl. Does no one remember? Zero Suit Samus even has suit in her name.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right. You know what upset me the most? Samus's Fusion suit really wasn't the Fusion suit. It was just a recolor of the Varia suit. If we're gonna recolor something to be themed to something, why not make it a whole separate costume, you know, like, the real deal? I think and hope they'll do this more for the next smash, we shall see.

That's exactly what I mean. It was really lazy to do so. It's one thing to not have a costume at all, but some recolors were poor in Brawl. Sonic could've had something better than bracelets. More along how Mr. Game & Watch or Kirby does it. Only his dark costume changes his skin at all.

Samus' costumes weren't beyond horrible, like Sonic's were, so I'll give it that. They weren't perfect, but you could still get the correct idea of the suit. Then again, maybe it was done that way to reference the other suits without literally being them. Kind of like the Daisy costume isn't actually Daisy, but just based upon her. Wario's an exception to this, but he has two actual legitimate sets of clothing. Captain Falcon's version of Blood Hawk doesn't change everything to make him look exactly like Blood Hawk either.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Right. You know what upset me the most? Samus's Fusion suit really wasn't the Fusion suit. It was just a recolor of the Varia suit. If we're gonna recolor something to be themed to something, why not make it a whole separate costume, you know, like, the real deal? Like Wario. I think and hope they'll do this more for the next Smash, we shall see.
Yea, but the problem is, that Samus would have to have a ton of alternate costumes to satisfy people. There's the Power Suit, Varia Suit, Light Suit, Dark Suit, like 3 versions of the PED Suit, and the Fusion Suit and whatnot.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Samus doesn't have "costumes." She just has various cans of lead-based paint. Ironically, there also wasn't any palette swaps in Other M.

My avatar is my response to your response to his statement.
Your avatar is my response to your response to my response of some statement.

I just dislike the Other M design for Samus.
Her Metroid Prime design is the best.
Also, Dark Samus or Dark Suit Samus? Because a Dark Suit Samus costume would be great.
I think you mean the Phazon Suit. Dark Suit is the alt she had in Brawl. The all black one that resembles Dark Samus is the former.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
One thing that I loved about this thread was that it was one of the areas where people talk about a bunch of things but religion was a topic that somehow never popped up. Anytime it does anywhere else, including somewhere on this site, it just becomes a lot of fun for everyone involved. But it was dropped relatively quickly, I'm quite impressed. We're all like one big happy family. :awesome: D'awww.

Also I think Diddy suggested earlier that Skyward Strike should be Link's new Side B, removing his boomerang (I guess because SS Link didn't have one?) I think it'd be better to have him keep a boomerang, Gale or otherwise, considering it is not only pretty accustomed to from fans (and probably well liked?) in addition with being very representative of the character. Replace something more expendable, like his up-tilt, which could understandably raise his sword and charge it. Similar to how Ganondorf with his ^tilt does an attack he charges.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It's not an alternate costume, though. It's a separate form, like Sheik.
If you give Samus different suits, people are going to want the abilities that come with said suits. The size of Samus could change too. Are you advocating five different clones of Samus?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think you mean the Phazon Suit. Dark Suit is the alt she had in Brawl. The all black one that resembles Dark Samus is the former.[/quote]

@IsmaR
No, the Phazon Suit is just the Varia Suit, but black. The Dark Suit is the suit you get in MP2 Echoes, after defeating the first major boss. Dark Samus is the antagonist of MP2 and MP3.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One thing that I loved about this thread was that it was one of the areas where people talk about a bunch of things but religion was a topic that somehow never popped up. Anytime it does anywhere else, including somewhere on this site, it just becomes a lot of fun for everyone involved. But it was dropped relatively quickly, I'm quite impressed. We're all like one big happy family. :awesome: D'awww.
Look, I tried to make it worse but it didn't work out, geez. Leave me alone.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also I think Diddy suggested earlier that Skyward Strike should be Link's new Side B, removing his boomerang (I guess because SS Link didn't have one?) I think it'd be better to have him keep a boomerang, Gale or otherwise, considering it is not only pretty accustomed to from fans (and probably well liked?) in addition with being very representative of the character. Replace something more expendable, like his up-tilt, which could understandably raise his sword and charge it. Similar to how Ganondorf with his ^tilt does an attack he charges.
Also, the Skyward Strike requires Link to hold his sword up in the air for a good amount of time to charge it, which wouldn't be good for replacing the boomerang with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It could also be his Up or Forward Smash. The only thing that Gale Boomerang would ever be replaced with at this time would probably be the Beetle. On the other hand, I'd rather both Links got a Hammer over the Bow and kept the Boomerangs, but hey, a woman can dream right? :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...wait.

Wait.

WAIT.

It could also be his Up or Forward Smash. The only thing that Gale Boomerang would ever be replaced with at this time would probably be the Beetle. On the other hand, I'd rather both Links got a Hammer over the Bow and kept the Boomerangs, but hey, a woman can dream right? :p

but hey, a woman can dream right?

Smooth Criminal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Transgendered. To be clear.(means I have yet to get a sex change)

I did change my gender icon on here too back on the old boards. I have to check if I can make it shown.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It could also be his Up or Forward Smash. The only thing that Gale Boomerang would ever be replaced with at this time would probably be the Beetle.
I'd be okay with that I guess, though I'd imagine most would just prefer a boomerang. I wouldn't mind the boomerang's loss too much, not just from the standpoint of Link (I mean, I don't really play him), for it makes the concept of newcomers implementing a boomerang more distinct. There might be a few characters who could use one.

On the other hand, I'd rather both Links got a Hammer over the Bow and kept the Boomerangs, but hey, a woman can dream right? :p
Oh so you're a woman

Look, I tried to make it worse but it didn't work out, geez. Leave me alone.
I can see that, but you really did a S***ty job of it if you don't mind my saying.

Also, the Skyward Strike requires Link to hold his sword up in the air for a good amount of time to charge it, which wouldn't be good for replacing the boomerang with.

Assuming it needs to perform a similar function to the boomerang it is replacing yes, but it doesn't necessarily need to be like that. But I can see what you mean.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Cool beans, Hyper! <3 I know a lot of transpeople, actually. They make up a significant portion of my friends and acquaintances (you'll be surprised to know, they're not just on the Internet). I've joked in the past that I seem to be a magnet for them. xD

You definitely learn something new every day.

Smooth Criminal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd be okay with that I guess, though I'd imagine most would just prefer a boomerang. I wouldn't mind the boomerang's loss too much, not just from the standpoint of Link (I mean, I don't really play him), for it makes the concept of newcomers implementing a boomerang more distinct. There might be a few characters who could use one.
Yeah. I'd rather keep the Boomerangs. I doubt that Child Link and Adult Link will ever have different specials, but the moves would still be varied overall in some way.

Oh so you're a woman

I can see that, but you really did a S***ty job of it if you don't mind my saying.

Transitioning isn't easy. :p And it's not something I figured out when I first joined.

Assuming it needs to perform a similar function to the boomerang it is replacing yes, but it doesn't necessarily need to be like that. But I can see what you mean.

I see the Beetle having similarities to the Hookshot/Gale Boomerang. It could pick up items, slam into other items/bombs/etc., or it could bring enemies closer while weakly stunning them for about a second after they arrived. That'd be funny if it became Adult Link's starting throw. :p

Thanks, Smooth Criminal. I know quite a few too myself. Other forums, but yeah.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, that's where that move was shown. The other forum I visit mentioned it before. I think some here might have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom