• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Roy can come back as an Assist Trophy. He can raise his sword in victory only for Master Hand to come out from the background with a massive pair of scissors and CUT him in half. Any playable character hit by the scissors will be deleted from the disc and won't appear on the selection screen anymore.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...She's not a Joke Character. Joke characters are terrible in gameplay. We haven't seen that from her. Only Pichu and Jigglypuff were joke characters. Even if Jigglypuff wasn't a Joke at all, that was her style of addition.

She's from a purely casual game, which is probably the reason for her hatred. If that's what you mean, I get ya.

I still think she's a great addition, but eh.
Recent games have actually gone away from this trend, even if they still end up bottom tier. Dan in SF4 is considered much better than his Alpha counterpart, IIRC. Likewise, Jigglypuff is top tier in Melee (but that was probably an accident). Lethal Joke Character is becoming increasingly more common.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Roy can come back as an Assist Trophy. He can raise his sword in victory only for Master Hand to come out from the background with a massive pair of scissors and CUT him in half. Any playable character hit by the scissors will be deleted from the disc and won't appear on the selection screen anymore.
Unless Ike shows up and counters the attack, therefore deleting Master Hand and giving Roy a reason to no longer hate Ike for taking his spot in Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Recent games have actually gone away from this trend, even if they still end up bottom tier. Dan in SF4 is considered much better than his Alpha counterpart, IIRC. Likewise, Jigglypuff is top tier in Melee (but that was probably an accident). Lethal Joke Character is becoming increasingly more common.

Keep in mind, that I meant their intentions when added, respectively. Jigglypuff was meant to be, and you can tell with her overall design. Horrid defense, dies when her shield breaks... of course, she's obviously great in 64/Melee. Pichu was clearly intended to be a joke.

And yeah, later games much more often make them a Lethal Joke Character. Pichu never went that way.

I'm not surprised they're avoiding this more, though. With high game prices, everybody wants really well made characters and none that are purposely weak and all. Or at least that's what we hear. I liked Pichu, after all~

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Master Hand WOULD be the scissors. Y'know, with hand gestures.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Such is the nature of the Internet men.
Fixed that for you.
I went to confession today, the priest gave some very neat insight from a vast archive or Church documents extending far and well back into the medieval times.
It seems the primary sin of man is lust, no big surprise.

Another interesting thing, the primary sin of woman, he said from these hundreds of thousands of historical accounts of priest experience from the confessional, is pride.
Pride.

It all makes sense now, it explains so much. What an insight this data is, and what an incredibly large sample size. The methodology is incredibly sound as well.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You recall correctly about Dan, Kuma. He was actually nowhere near bottom tier in Super Street Fighter 4 (yet another testament to the balance of that game versus the AE incarnations). He's still not bad in AE, but he's definitely not as good as he was in SSF4 (especially with everyone else above him getting THAT much better).

Melee Jiggs...smh. There's a part of me that wants to jackslap the people that honestly think Jiggs is anywhere near the level of Fox and Falco in terms of viability, match-ups, and being an extremely great (almost broken) character overall. At the same time, however, I can't argue the fact that Miss Lethal Joke Character is actually winning **** and is forcing people to re-evaluate how they look at the match-up, so there's that. I can't blame people for saying Jiggs is a good character, but a lot of the advantage is just unfamiliarity with the match-up and not zoning against her properly, not because she has these superb character traits to back her up.

Poor Brawl Jiggs is more or less a joke, but she's nowhere near as bad as Hyrule Tier.

*looks up at Monk's post. Rolls his eyes.*

Smooth Criminal

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, let's listen to the hypocritical jerks who put their faith into a book made by bored people roughly 2,000 years ago and has be manipulated and mangled by time. Totally won't lead to disaster.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Now that you all know my primary sin is lust and the idolatry of my dear computer here, I must tell you. There is not one, no, not ONE image, nowhere on the internet; not ONE image depicting exclusive and explicit MarthxZelda rule 34.

I HAVE LOOKED HIGH AND LOW AND NO THAT ONE WITH THE OTHER SMASH GIRLS+SHEIK DOESN'T COUNT AND NO THE ONE WITH LIKE 50 OTHER SMASHERS IN IT DOES NOT COUNT EITHER. NOT ONE. NOPE. NOWHERE NO HOW.
THE INTERNET HAS FAILED.

Oh yeah, let's listen to the hypocritical jerks who put their faith into a book made by bored people roughly 2,000 years ago and has be manipulated and mangled by time. Totally won't lead to disaster
As one who knows a little about anthropology, I can tell you they weren't bored ;)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Now that you all know my primary sin is lust and the idolatry of my dear computer here, I must tell you. There is not one, no, not ONE image, nowhere on the internet; not ONE image depicting exclusive and explicit MarthxZelda rule 34.

I HAVE LOOKED HIGH AND LOW AND NO THAT ONE WITH THE OTHER SMASH GIRLS+SHEIK DOESN'T COUNT AND NO THE ONE WITH LIKE 50 OTHER SMASHERS IN IT DOES NOT COUNT EITHER. NOT ONE. NOPE. NOWHERE NO HOW.
That's because Marth is gay. Look for MarthxLink. You'll get better results.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Monk4: Look harder then. I've seen it.

Anyway, the whole "Men are always lustful" and "Woman are always prideful" is actually rather false. There is no Sin that is universal to a single sex and never will be. It's just a silly stereotype that should be ignored.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Methinks thou doesn't search hard enough.
Go ahead, I dare you.

I DARE YOU. UNLESS YOU DRAW SOME THEN MY PLAN WILL HAVE SUCCEEDED, BUT NO, I HAVE DONE ALL THE SEARCHES. Every possible keyword, every AND OR and "" search, every possible advanced search tool, a wide, VAST ARRAY of the numerous sites dedicated to such and FAR BEYOND THAT.

THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.
Well to be fair, she is lesbians with that Caeda chick.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1701DF2N7i3
@Monk4: Look harder then. I've seen it.

Anyway, the whole "Men are always lustful" and "Woman are always prideful" is actually rather false. There is no Sin that is universal to a single sex and never will be. It's just a silly stereotype that should be ignored.
:link2:?
Nobody said always, did I ever say always? NO.
Look carefully, I said PRIMARILY. Does PRIMARILY SOUND LIKE AN ABSOLUTE TO YOUUUUUU???

This data is based on about 900 or so years of volunteering, though passed down orally and the citations are scattered across numerous priest's documents, one cannot ignore the implications of many coming to the same conclusions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, it's an absolute. It assumes that most are actually lustful. This is still false. And it's still a horrid stereotype that needs to die.

Just don't assume anything about the person because of their sex. That's all there is to it. Also, keep in mind that the Bible is horrifically sexist.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yes, it's an absolute. It assumes that most are actually lustful. This is still false. And it's still a horrid stereotype that needs to die.
Just don't assume anything about the person because of their sex. That's all there is to it. Also, keep in mind that the Bible is horrifically sexist.
****ing science.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Go ahead, I dare you.

I DARE YOU. UNLESS YOU DRAW SOME THEN MY PLAN WILL HAVE SUCCEEDED, BUT NO, I HAVE DONE ALL THE SEARCHES. Every possible keyword, every AND OR and "" search, every possible advanced search tool, a wide, VAST ARRAY of the numerous sites dedicated to such and FAR BEYOND THAT.

Searching gave me Zelda x Marth, Link x Marth, Marth x Ike, and Pit x Zelda. Trust me, there's plenty.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
[collapse=Dat X-Rating]
[/collapse]

In minor seriousness, I found some with minimal searching. Granted it wasn't good, borderline terrible in fact. But I still found it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I seriously do not get this. Why is there so much opposition to what I have said? It is in exclusive and explicit terms with an incredibly large data set. Please, tell me in your own words how you interpreted my post so that I may clarify the misunderstanding.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Which is way more useful to knowing how people work than a biased book which has been mistranslated multiple times. ;)

Either way, don't believe in stereotypes.

To relate it to Smash, this is also assuming Jigglypuff is automatically female because of the Ribbons. Likely, of course. But the games don't give it an official gender in Smash.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Um...

Is it just me or does the Wii U Battlefield give you Sky Sanctuary vibes?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Which is way more useful to knowing how people work than a biased book which has been mistranslated multiple times. ;)
Did I say this was based on the bible?

No.

I said it was based on thousands of testimonies from many hundreds of years of priest work, that is science at its finest, the peer review system, and the data they have gathered is impressive.

And as I have clearly implied, it is a generalization.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you expect anyone to think Priests means anything but from the Bible by making that statement, you made a mistake in posting it.

Yes, we assumed, our bad.

Either way, it has zip to do with Smash, so let's move on.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Were you fapping at the end?

This data is based on about 900 or so years of volunteering, though passed down orally and the citations are scattered across numerous priest's documents, one cannot ignore the implications of many coming to the same conclusions.
So freaking what? People have done these "sins" since the dawn of time. Hell, if we didn't have the "sin of lust", our species would've died out millions of years ago.

Sins are simply taboos which are defined by cultures. My ancestors put human sacrificing like heart sacrifices in a much different light than how the Western European culture did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom