• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't mind this:

This...This not so much:
(I'll try to find a better picture)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The reason why DK has crooked, yellow teeth in Brawl is obviously because of the lack of Dr. Mario, even though it doesn't make much sense... I'm sure Doc has some dental hygiene experience anyway...

Y'know, I think it would be hilarious if Dr. Mario is given a more comical moveset like WFT (if he gets in of course). Those two would make a great tag team actually...

There, Link is an LGM now. :troll:
El-gy-em?

otter

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool if Marth was replaced my Marth/Lucina from Awakening. She could just have the same moveset, but look way cooler.

D

Deleted member

True but I guess it would all have to be on the state of mind you are in too. Even if their bodies stay the same, do their minds mature at all? I know I would hate going back to being a kid. I can't stand being with my parents for more than two weeks, I can't imagine extending that for decades on end. I enjoy the freedoms that come with adulthood. I like booze, I like actually having money, I like deciding my own schedule, etc. I can't stand people who are overly nostalgic for their childhood because there are some many things that I wouldn't want to put up with again if I was magically turned 10 years old again.
This. THIS.

There is no way I would want to go back to being a child. My autism was a lot worse and the last thing I would want to do is to have to live with my mom again (especially after she turned out so horribly). Heck, I'm already tired of living with my grandparents (and I upheld a lot of respect for saving my future). I just wish I was finished with community college and could drive so that I can finally move out once and for all.
Well, since there doesn't appear to be any topic of substance going on at the moment I thought I'd drop by and post an obscure Megaman track that I REALLY hope makes its way onto the Dr. Wily stage.

Megaman Battle and Chase - Through the Air (Quickman)

This track man... If Sakurai could pull something from Sonic R for Green Hill Zone in Brawl I cannot see why this gem should be overlooked. So freaking good.
Great music, but this is much better:
Also, I must be the only one that prefer Roll's design in Mega Man 8 than what she normally has.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I think it would be cool if Marth was replaced my Marth/Lucina from Awakening. She could just have the same moveset, but look way cooler.
I tried posting this 30 minutes ago, but the button wouldn't work for some reason.

Marth is sort of like the "Mascot" of the series, having his games remade the most times, and having his Falchion as the series symbol for Fire Emblem in SSBM/SSBB.

It'd be odd to have him replaced.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Went down to my childhood home town to watch the fireworks show. They have a pretty big one/

Just got back

It's actually not that far from where I live

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm surprised there was no showing of the Boston Pops on TV tonight. At least we got some other firework shows, as well as Anthem.

Is anyone here awesome enough to recognize my new avatar?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Marth is sort of like the "Mascot" of the series, having his games remade the most times, and having his Falchion as the series symbol for Fire Emblem in SSBM/SSBB.
It'd be odd to have him replaced.
I agree that it would be odd for him to be replaced, but it is important to make a clear distinction between Smash and Fire Emblem, he is not the mascot for the Fire Emblem series itself; That position is delegated to Anna.

Edit: this is confirmed by Famitsu, I can't find the edition though. . . (obv. because it's a magazine, duh :estatic:)
But I do know for a fact the media that she has been referred to in through marketing (specifically the announcement in Japan that she would be playable) says she is, in fact, the mascot. If the media says she's the mascot, she's the mascot.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I agree that it would be odd for him to be replaced, but it is important to make a clear distinction between Smash and Fire Emblem, he is not the mascot for the Fire Emblem series itself; That position is delegated to Anna.
Ah, I've heard about her. I'm aware that there's much more to Fire Emblem than what is shown in Smash. Didn't know people considered her to be a mascot, though.

I guess it's like how Moogles and Chocobos are seen as the mascots of Final Fantasy despite Cloud and Tidus being some of the most recognizable heroes.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ah, I've heard about her. I'm aware that there's much more to Fire Emblem than what is shown in Smash. Didn't know people considered her to be a mascot, though.
I guess it's like how Moogles and Chocobos are seen as the mascots of Final Fantasy despite Cloud and Tidus being some of the most recognizable heroes.
Yes indeed, sir, you should check out muh edited post and essay :3

Edit: BEDTIME!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What Smash character would you even ship Anna with, Monk. I'm trying to think of other series known for... shops.

Weren't there shops in Kid Icarus. WHATEVER, I want to see a picture of different characters shopping at Anna Mart.

Edit: You little **** get back here.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What Smash character would you even ship Anna with, Monk. I'm trying to think of other series known for... shops.
Weren't there shops in Kid Icarus. WHATEVER, I want to see a picture of different characters shopping at Anna Mart.
None. I only ship MarthxZelda. That probably won't change.
If MU/Avatar AND Anna get in, him. Because, uh, it can actually be canonical and wouldn't be so much shipping as something else.
Even if she doesn't get in, 'twould be coolio to have some cameos. I'd implement her into my fanon anyways, because who else would run the shops that the Smashers would undoubtedly use for their daily sustenance in exchange for Smash monies?

I lied about bedtime.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

FF has better heroes than Cloud/ Tidus

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was working most of the evening and missed any chance to go watch fireworks. Not that it matters, since I don't really enjoy watching fireworks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom