• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
He can simply regenerate his wounds using our rage and tears. He is like some sort of leech that gets more powerful when we're so flustered over the most stupid stuff.

vicgur

Smash Ace
He can simply regenerate his wounds using our rage and tears. He is like some sort of leech that gets more powerful when we're so flustered over the most stupid stuff.
I think we didn't hate on Kid Icarus' gameplay enough. It weakened him.

Anyways, he is telling us not to worry about it.
Poor guy, I really hope he gets better so he can enjoy doing what he likes. I was so heartbroken when I read that recently he couldn't play Metal Gear Rising because of his problem. :(

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Don't worry. He has a personal team of professional Waddle Dees working 24/7 to heal him. Rumors also say that Knuckle Joes are helping him recover his previous state of fitness. Super extreme kidding.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

looks like the wii-U Pro may be the top choice for the Wii-U version.
What's that? Looks like Sakurai trying to play with just the left arm lol.
Anyway that was obvious. The Gamepad will be used too but to get serious, you gotta get the pro controller.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Yeah, I'm getting the Pro Controller on SSB4 launch day. It's the best way to go for competitive play. Hopefully I can use the gamepad to play, and as well as play online. My family hogs the TV almost all day! >:I I never get to play usually during the day. Mostly mornings and nights. I can play whenever I want then! :3 But, I'll make exceptions for sometimes to play on the TV because I am sure playing on the gamepad might hinder my play in some way. ;-;

I wonder...what if I could use the Wii U Pro Controller, but use the gamepad as the screen so I can see everything that's going on? :o I doubt this'll work. Would be cool though. I'm sure it'd work on NSMBU.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

looks like the wii-U Pro may be the top choice for the Wii-U version.
Is that Sakurai's hand? Where did this picture come from, Famitsu?

The controller is wireless but it comes with a USB cable to plug into the Wii U for charging/playing as a wired controller. I've got one and it is fantastic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope they come out with different colors for the Pro Controllers too. :I I'd love to see a red.
I want a clear purple one like I had on the N64

Apparently the "Official" name for the color is "Atomic Purple"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another thing I'd buy in a heartbeat is and NES themed 3DS.

I remember they had a NES themed GBA. I WANTED to get it, but never did

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had (still have, actually) a GCN controller which one half (the front) is purple, the other (the back) is transparent white.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I had (still have, actually) a GCN controller which one half (the front) is purple, the other (the back) is transparent white.
I have that too. And a white pearl one which came with a limited edition of the Gamecube I think (maybe it wasn't limited I don't remember). And the usual purple ones.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Is that Sakurai's hand? Where did this picture come from, Famitsu?
Looks like it is his hand indeed. This picture was probably taken to show how he is managing to control the debug mode of the next Smash Bros. I do think it's from Famitsu.

The controller is wireless but it comes with a USB cable to plug into the Wii U for charging/playing as a wired controller. I've got one and it is fantastic.
Oh, did you play with it a lot?
I'm very curious to know if it feels comfortable while playing, because that right analog stick is kinda weird to see.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
why doesn't he rebind the attack and special buttons to the L and ZL shoulder buttons?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Isn't Link able to be left handed if you prefer that in skyward sword?

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
is there an english twitter news place or something where i can get updates for this game? im having another obsessive stage for this game right now. like i had for kingdom hearts 3. its gonna take a while to come out but im over excited for it already -_-

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
is there an english twitter news place or something where i can get updates for this game? im having another obsessive stage for this game right now. like i had for kingdom hearts 3. its gonna take a while to come out but im over excited for it already -_-
What updates? Nintendo has made it clear that they will do no talky on Super Smash Bros. until E3 this June. All the "updates" we've been getting have been completely from random sources at unpredictable times, even at that it's usually about Masahiro Sakurai himself rather than SSB. Either be happy with Sakurai's Japanese Twitter page or release your excitement on something else you're excited for as I'm predicting nothing solid until E3.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
What updates? Nintendo has made it clear that they will do no talky on Super Smash Bros. until E3 this June. All the "updates" we've been getting have been completely from random sources at unpredictable times, even at that it's usually about Masahiro Sakurai himself rather than SSB. Either be happy with Sakurai's Japanese Twitter page or release your excitement on something else you're excited for as I'm predicting nothing solid until E3.
welp.. all my excitement is on E3 now. looks like my wait is shortened quite a bit now. that was a good enough update for me :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I plan on buying a Wii U after E3. I figure holiday season they'll be sold out because of whatever games are coming out then. (MKWiiU, 3DMario, ect)

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Looks like it is his hand indeed. This picture was probably taken to show how he is managing to control the debug mode of the next Smash Bros. I do think it's from Famitsu.

Oh, did you play with it a lot?
I'm very curious to know if it feels comfortable while playing, because that right analog stick is kinda weird to see.
The controller stick placement is just fine. It's no weirder than going from the GameCube to the Playstation2/3 or vice versa. You get used to it despite the norm being something else. I know the GameCube controller gets a lot of love because it really is an amazing controller but I swear no one remembers the extremely negative feedback Nintendo got for it all those years ago because of the button shapes and placements. Play with it and you'll be just fine with it after 5 minutes.

vicgur

Smash Ace
The controller stick placement is just fine. It's no weirder than going from the GameCube to the Playstation2/3 or vice versa. You get used to it despite the norm being something else. I know the GameCube controller gets a lot of love because it really is an amazing controller but I swear no one remembers the extremely negative feedback Nintendo got for it all those years ago because of the button shapes and placements. Play with it and you'll be just fine with it after 5 minutes.
Great. I was discussing with some friends about that and everyone [but me] thought it would be impossible to get used to it.
But hey, we got used to that ugly N64 controller. I think we can get used to almost any kind of controller layout.

PS:
I want him back so much... :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How the hell does Ash remember who Mewtwo is? Did I miss something, or did Mewtwo not erase Ash's memory after his second movie. I can't remember

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Basically he only wiped the memories of those who would wish to harm him or his friends in the second movie.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Source

Super Meat Boy creators Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes told Eurogamer that they will work with Nintendo again under one condition: Put Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros."
McMillen: "I want Meat Boy to be in Smash Bros. That would be the one reason I'd really want to develop for a Nintendo console."

Refenes: "That would be amazing! If they could guarantee us Meat Boy would be in Smash Bros., we would do something."

McMillen: "Nintendo are you listening? Smash Bros! We would ask for nothing in return. Just f***ing use the character. Put him in the game. It's free!"

Refenes: "If they wanted Mew-Genics or something and they could promise us Meat Boy would be in the game we'd develop Mew-Genics for them. Not exclusively, of course. This is how they would buy it from us. And that's a very cheap price."
I haven't play Super Meat Boy but from what I've seen, I'm having a REALLY hard time seeing Meat Boy fitting into Sm4sh (even more than Snake).

What do you guys think? Would Meat Boy be a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom