• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If I do remember correctly, he only erased Ash's memory in the first movie. I could be wrong, though. It's been some time since I watched the second one.
1st movie he erased everyone's memory. In the Mewtwo Special he was going to do it again, but Meowth convinced him not to because the clone kids would forget as well, so he only erased Team Rocket's and the researcher's memories. now as for Meat Boy in Smash....I'm just curious what would his moves be, since you only focused on platforming instead of combat. maybe they can come up wit a moveset using Buzzsaws, Salt, and maybe tag team attacks with Band-Aid Girl, but outside of that I dunno.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Meat Boy has even appeared in a Nintendo system... how can he even appear in Smash?
Actually, even though the Super Meat Boy game hasn't been on a Nintendo system, Meat Boy has in fact been on a Nintendo system: Meat Boy appears as a guest character a couple times in the BIT. TRIP games on WiiWare. So technically he's eligible. But like I said before, I'm having doubts Sakurai will pick him up.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Meat Boy has even appeared in a Nintendo system... how can he even appear in Smash?
IIRC they said something to the extent of "we'll put Super Meat Boy on a Nintendo system if Meat Boy gets in Smash."

I love SMB, but this should NOT happen.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
IIRC they said something to the extent of "we'll put Super Meat Boy on a Nintendo system if Meat Boy gets in Smash."

I love SMB, but this should NOT happen.
Sounds like sheer arrogance coming from them.

Put Meat Boy AFTER putting in Smash? It certainly doesn't meet Sakurai's criteria, where the character must have already appeared in a Nintendo console.

Are people that ignorant? Or just stupid?

Either way, this is how Sakurai would likely say about this: *laughs*

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Sakurai should force devs, directors or creators who want their char in Smash to sign for 2-3 Nintendo exclusive releases to see how serious they really are about wanting their irrelevant character in Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Super Smash Bros. is a gateway franchise that promotes varies other franchises to many people. A lot of people would want a piece of that fame to promote their franchises, which is a shallow proposition.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
yeah, but the odd thing is that Ed already got enough promotion for SMB by trolling PETA into making Super Tofu Boy.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Guys, I don't think you get it.
You're thinking of them [the guys behind Super Meat Boy] like they were just some big money-grubbing corporation.

Two things you should think about for 2 seconds:
First: They're indie developers.
Second: They grew up playing Mario and Zelda.

Can't you imagine what an honor it would be to have your original character being in the same game as their idols?
It would be for them like seeing your favorite play a cover of a song you composed.
It's not about promotion. It's about making a dream of any creative person come true.
They're not holding SMB hostage or anything. They're just saying they would want it more than all the money in the world.

Gosh you guys can be thick and cold-hearted, sometimes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're thinking of them [the guys behind Super Meat Boy] like they were just some big money-grubbing corporation.

Can't you imagine what an honor it would be to have your original character being in the same game as their idols?
It would be for them like seeing your favorite play a cover of a song you composed.
It's not about promotion. It's about making a dream of any creative person come true.
They're not holding SMB hostage or anything. They're just saying they would want it more than all the money in the world.

Still doesn't change the fact that:
  1. Meat Boy never had a game for a Nintendo console.
  2. We still don't know if Sakurai will even accept 3rd parties this time.
Sure, they want their character in Smash, but so do many other developers. Their attitude in that interview doesn't give them a very good image, either.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Ah, they were long time Mario and Zelda fans, so they didn't care to release their games on a Nintendo console. Such a sound logic.

EDIT: Their game was planned to be released as WiiWare, but was cancelled due exceeding the file size.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To be honest, I don't believe that any indie game should get put in Super Smash Bros. Indie games are still fairly new to the video game world and has made no major impact on Nintendo where as companies like SEGA & Konami has been making games since the 80's and being strong Nintendo supporters. Plus the guys at Team Meat are arrogant, have a giant ego, and think they're the greatest thing to happen as well as showing no respect to Nintendo in general. And Meat Boy doesn't seem like he'd have a decent moveset (plus him leaving a path of red liquid every time he moves is not something Nintendo would appreciate).

TL;DR Indie companies are a spec of dust to Nintendo's history unlike Nintendo's very strong and faithful 3rd party supporters.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Super Smash Bros. is a gateway franchise that promotes varies other franchises to many people. A lot of people would want a piece of that fame to promote their franchises, which is a shallow proposition.
Exactly; get them to commit to Nintendo and become associated with the brand for at least the current generation of consoles. If they really want to reap the rewards of the publicity Smash offers then let Nintendo get something out of it.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm not saying they should put Meat Boy or anything like that. I'm just saying you're looking at that with the wrong eyes.
They're expressing [in a jokingly way, I should note] their wish to have his character in Smash Bros just like Suda51 said he wanted to put Travis Touchdown in it.
You're taking that far too seriously.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Joking or not they sound like arrogant A Holes. Put their no body character in Smash and then they'll put their game on Nintendo's system? That is such BS. They need to go away and stay away.

D

Deleted member

You know what I thought of when I read your post?

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a cluster**** of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping ******ry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the **** it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Guys, Super Meat Boy was almost a WiiWare game. The only factor stopping it was its sheer size. Besides, didn't Team Meat say they were done with Meat Boy after SMB?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know what I thought of when I read your post?

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a cluster**** of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping ******ry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the **** it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
Sailor Moon was my gateway anime.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

I dunno, I think this is a weak attempt to get their character in Smash disguised as a joke. :urg:

@KumaOso: Stop talking about anime, this isn't 4chan. :glare:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Because 4Chan is ALL about anime.
No, it's about ponies, hacktivist groups and wars over which trollface to use. :smirk:
But it was intended to be an American counterpart to 2chan.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually 4chan is more along the lines of idiots bashing their heads against the wall, ****ting on each other, and pandering to their waifu/husbando.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
First Kid Icarus, now Pikmin. I can't help but wonder what they could do for Smash Bros. I'd like to see them one up Capcom's stuff with Marvel, SF4, and SFxTK.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First Kid Icarus, now Pikmin. I can't help but wonder what they could do for Smash Bros. I'd like to see them one up Capcom's stuff with Marvel, SF4, and SFxTK.
Who knows? It's actually funny that you mention Capcom's games, as I have seen the SF4 OVAs yesterday.

Knowing what they've done lots of marketing for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening and now are doing with Pikmin 3, it would ODD if they didn't do for Smash Bros. 4...

Trivia: One of the Kid Icarus' anime shorts, Medusa's Revenge, was animated by the same studio that did the SF4 OVA, Studio 4ºC.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If they made a Luigi's Mansion CG short like Night of the Werehog, I'll be all over that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I couldn't agree with you more. She's be even deadlier with dem legs of her's. XD
Oh hell yes.

Say what you will about the Combat Stilettos, those legs are to die for. I also like that she actually has a holster for her gun. Here's some interesting trivia for you. There is this androgynous European boy band that wears stilettos at their concerts. The thing about these though is that they were designed with the ability to run and dance in mind. Perhaps they aren't so dumb now.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
She looks like she's about to fall over.

Say what you will about the Combat Stilettos, those legs are to die for. I also like that she actually has a holster for her gun. Here's some interesting trivia for you. There is this androgynous European boy band that wears stilettos at their concerts. The thing about these though is that they were designed with the ability to run and dance in mind. Perhaps they aren't so dumb now.
Nope. Still dumb.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There was a pose in the Metroid Prime artwork that had me thinking the same thing.

I still think the heels are a bad idea from a practical point of view, but at least it does show that they can be made to have more function. BUT, I can hardly picture being able to realistically fight in heels aside from that small platform shoes tend to give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom