• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I spend far too much time thinking about stuff like this.

The Yoshi in Smash is the same one from Yoshi's island. As such, he's like a parental figure to Mario and Luigi. He would visit them a lot when they were kids, and they would beg him to take them on his adventures on Yoshi's Island, to which he'd refuse until they started the waterworks. He also loves telling the other smashers embarrassing and adorable baby stories about them. Mario will just roll his eyes whenever this happens while Luigi gets incredibly embarrassed.

Pikachu and Yoshi are best friends, and they enjoy mocking everyone and being condescending right to their faces, which they know they get away with because of how cute they are. Difference is while Pikachu says it all as dryly and sarcastically as possible, Yoshi does it in a very happy, sincere tone of voice so no one can ever tell if he's making fun of them or not.

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Thanks to Social Justice Wario @ tumblr, I view Wario as a humble warrior who fights in the name of justice and is tough to the tough ones.

yurikos

Smash Rookie
:4robinm:/:4robinf: and
get along really well. They talk to each other often about aspects of their different worlds and generally just nerd out together about things. They make quite a good team in battle because Shulk's visions are extremely helpful for a tactician when making up plans, and are close because of the spoiler-heavy reason below.
Both are unwilling vessels for malicious world-destroying godly beings (Grima does not possess the power of creation but Zanza definitely does), and thus would understand each other's issues more than anyone else in Smash. A Morgan produced from both would probably be ridiculously powerful.

understands that :4megaman: and :rob: mean him no harm (outside of battles anyways) but is still a little instinctively wary of them.
Likewise, :4palutena: and :4pit: are wary of
because he possesses the capability to slay a god.

:4olimar:'s Pikmin and :rosalina:'s Lumas play with each other quite a lot, and gather together in a separate section offscreen during battles to welcome back Pikmin/Lumas as they are KO'd and send off other ones to fight. Their cheers are very cute.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4robinm: has a shipping wall of all the Smashers, and red strings connecting them. :4lucina: has gotten used to this from their days in the Shepherds together.

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
:4robinm: has a shipping wall of all the Smashers, and red strings connecting them. :4lucina: has gotten used to this from their days in the Shepherds together.
That's even better than my Headcanons where he just ships them. This came to mind:
:4marth:: *walks into Robin's room* Uh... What are you doing?
:4robinm:: Planning out strategies.
:4marth:: That looks like a shipping chart...
:4robinm:: Don't worry, you're not on it. I know you're married.
:4marth:: ...Why are you shipping Ike and Palutena together?
:4robinm:: The beautifully overpowered children demand it...

*Later*

:4marth:: Hey Lucina, what is wrong with Robin? He's has a shipping chart on his wall...
:4lucina:: Don't worry, that's normal behavior for him.
:4marth:: This will not end well...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's even better than my Headcanons where he just ships them. This came to mind:
:4marth:: *walks into Robin's room* Uh... What are you doing?
:4robinm:: Planning out strategies.
:4marth:: That looks like a shipping chart...
:4robinm:: Don't worry, you're not on it. I know you're married.
:4marth:: ...Why are you shipping Ike and Palutena together?
:4robinm:: The beautifully overpowered children demand it...

*Later*

:4marth:: Hey Lucina, what is wrong with Robin? He's has a shipping chart on his wall...
:4lucina:: Don't worry, that's normal behavior for him.
:4marth:: This will not end well...
Here's his list:
:4robinm:-:4lucina:
:4myfriends:-:4palutena:
:4littlemac:-:4sheik:
:4bowser:-:4wiifit:
:4pacman:-:4peach:
:4megaman:-:4zelda:
:4fox:-:rosalina:
:4sonic:-:4zss:
DISCLAIMER!! The only pairing I support here is :4robinm: and :4lucina:.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
To enter the Super Smash Bros. Tournament, characters must pass through a series of trails. These trials test the characters' abilities and how well they can hold their own when facing off against big name fighters. Those who pass through the trials must take the final test. For the final test, each character must battle one of the original 12 smashers. If a character defeats the original smasher, he or she automatically becomes an official Smash Bro and gets to fight in the tournament. If a character is defeated by the original smasher, the performance of the character will be analyzed by the judges who will then determine from their analysis if the character is to enter the tournament or not. For Smash 4, these were the final tests that took place for the newcomers:

:4megaman:vs.:4samus: Outcome: draw; Megaman passes through because of his amazing performance in utilizing his abundance of acquired abilities
:4villager:vs.:ness2: Winner::ness2:; Villager makes it through because of his incredibly unique fighting style
:4wiifit:vs.:4kirby: Winner: :4wiifit:; judges were amazed at how slim Kirby was afterwards
:rosalina:vs.:4luigi:Winner: :rosalina:; Luigi hardly puts up a fight
:4littlemac:vs.:4dk:Winner: :4littlemac:; we've seen this before, we all know who won
:4greninja:vs.:4fox:Winner: :4fox:; no one can match Fox's speed, Greninja performs well enough
:4palutena:vs.:4link:Winner::4link:; Palutena forfeits the battle after seeing Link's tremendous skill. Judges jump at the chance of having a deity in the Smash tournament.
:4pacman:vs.:4mario:Winner: :4pacman:; "I was making it big before you were even born, boy."
:4robinm:vs.:4pikachu:Outcome: draw; judges love how Robin is "no ordinary swordsman"
:4lucina:vs.:4falcon:Winner: :4lucina: but only after her boyfriend:4robinm: came in to save her ass from being atomized by a Farukon Paunch. Apparently cheating is allowed.
vs. :jigglypuff:Winner:
; what's a singing puffball going to do? sing him to death?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Despite what many think, :4lucario:is the biggest womaniser in smash.
Though it has gotten to the point were the female veterans rarely take him seriously anymore.

Laniv

Smash Champion
The evil Assist Trophies, led by Mother Brain and Nightmare Wizard, are plotting to overthrow Master Hand and take over the mansion. This fails for two reasons:

1. The good Assist Trophies always stop them.
2. Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, and Devil are ludicrously incompetent.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The evil Assist Trophies, led by Mother Brain and Nightmare Wizard, are plotting to overthrow Master Hand and take over the mansion. This fails for two reasons:

1. The good Assist Trophies always stop them.
2. Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, and Devil are ludicrously incompetent.
I kinda had a similar headcanon except Assist Trophies "capture" the villainous ones and keep them in chambers or contained in things that takes away their powers. Less "evil" ones are forced to help the good ones.

Isabelle is the one looking after the villainous ones BTW.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
The WFT siblings used to be fat. They started getting fit through a friendly weight-loss rivalry and have since become paragons of the health community. However, they're both horribly tempted by the sweets Kirby makes and have been known to binge when they lose a match badly.

(Side note: WFT is really fun to come up with headcanons for, especially since I play WiiFit U in a weight loss attempt of my own. I won't lie, there's a part of me that looks forward to beating the crap out of those taskmasters.)
I can almost hear the kink fics being written about this right now. Good job.

(On another note, it is an interesting hc)

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
No jokes in mine, I'm afraid; just something I like thinking about:

The World of Trophies is accessed by dreaming. Different characters' universes exist on different concentric levels of...err...dreaminess, surrounding the World of Trophies at the centre, which is where the dreams of characters in all universes intermingle and manifest as trophies, dolls or idols. The worlds closest to the World of Trophies are the ones that focus on dreams, have lots of cameos or break the fourth wall a lot: :4kirby:'s is probably closest, and :4pit:'s world could be where the Subspace Emissary actually takes place (either that or it's even closer than :4kirby:'s world because :4pit: remembers Metroids and :4palutena: knows they're in a game).

TLoZ: Link's Awakening takes place in a dream world and features Goombas, a Chain Chomp and Prince Richard. Kirby lives in Dreamland and collects treasures like the Triforce and :4falcon:'s helmet; the Star Rod exists simultaneously in Dreamland and Star Haven (Paper Mario).

The more realistic games like Metal Gear Solid take place in worlds farther away from the others, and the very farthest is our world, where :rob: lives.

I really only have this headcanon so that I can believe the Smash fighters are the actual characters and not just trophies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Here's his list:
:4robinm:-:4lucina:
:4myfriends:-:4palutena:
:4littlemac:-:4sheik:
:4bowser:-:4wiifit:
:4pacman:-:4peach:
:4megaman:-:4zelda:
:4fox:-:rosalina:
:4sonic:-:4zss:
DISCLAIMER!! The only pairing I support here is :4robinm: and :4lucina:.
The reason why :4robinm: has his wall is because of how succesful his and :4lucina:'s daughter turned out. Morgan is also of the very few non-Smashers that live at the mansion. Mostly because both of her parents are there,

Last edited:

murdokdracul

NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
The reason why :4robinm: has his wall is because of how succesful his and :4lucina:'s daughter turned out. Morgan is also of the very non-Smashers that live at the mansion. Mostly because both of her parents are there,
What if all the trophies live in a village around the mansion? Tharja lives there, and she's always sneaking into the mansion to stalk :4robinm:. This pees off :4lucina:, but she can't do anything because she's only able to fight people who are actually on the roster.

(Tharja is my :4robinm:'s wife in Awakening...)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
What if all the trophies live in a village around the mansion? Tharja lives there, and she's always sneaking into the mansion to stalk :4robinm:. This pees off :4lucina:, but she can't do anything because she's only able to fight people who are actually on the roster.

(Tharja is my :4robinm:'s wife in Awakening...)
I did a playthrough with her as my wife. I want to say it was my... third one maybe? Also, Tharja lives at mansion, but only because she snuck in either :4robinm:, :4lucina:, or Morgan's bags. Or she possibly stole :snake:'s box.
Master Hand is unaware of this.

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Throughout the four Smash Tournaments, each of the Links has been a different Link.
Smash 64 Link was LttP Link.
Meele was OoT
Brawl was TP
Sm4sh was SS
Alternatively, it was all the Hyrule Warriors Link.:troll:

The audience we hear cheering in all the past Smash games is a group of Miis, and always has been. They're just now getting the chance to compete.

murdokdracul

NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Throughout the four Smash Tournaments, each of the Links has been a different Link.
Smash 64 Link was LttP Link.
Meele was OoT
Brawl was TP
Sm4sh was SS
Alternatively, it was all the Hyrule Warriors Link.:troll:
Smash 4 is still Twilight Princess:4link:: left-handed, Gale Boomerang, white pants... However, the :4zelda: and :4sheik: in this game are different people, because :4zelda: is from Twilight Princess while :4sheik: is :zeldamelee: from Ocarina of Time.

To expand on what I said before about dreams: :rob:'s world of origin is our world, but because he's an inanimate object, he's always unconscious and dreaming, so he has a particularly large presence in the World of Trophies as seen in Subspace Emissary.

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
:4zss: actually does really like :4littlemac:, though this does manifest as teasing sometimes. Mac, however, is of the opinion that someone like her would never want to be with a relatively new, less popular character like him, and as such thinks that her advances are nothing more that patronizing and tends to react with violence, which Samus ignores.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Pikachu from the first two games is Ash's, who was dragged in against his will by Master Hand. Pichu in Melee is one of the Pichu Bros and became a good friend of Pika's. Mewtwo is from the movie 1, and takes out the Hands in event 50 along with Ganondorf and Bowser to gain ultimate power and rule the multiverse. He's the one of the 3 to not change shape dramatically and puts up a hard fight with the rest of the cast, sending most back to their universes. He aims for Pichu, but Pika figuratively takes the bullet and is sent back to Ash. In that moment, the friendship between the two maxes out and Pichu evolves and is filled with an awesome power. He finishes Mewtwo with Volt Tackle, effectively inventing the Final Smash. Mewtwo, humiliated, is sent back to his own world, but the new Pikachu stays behind in the Smash World. Jiggs also remained, as she has been here since the first game, which was after her last Hoenn appearance.

Lucario is actually Sir Aaron's. Master Hand brought him over, but accidentally fused he and his master in the process, due to how they were at the end of that movie. With trainer and Pokémon fused, they can now Mega Evolve on a whim.

Charizard if from an AU Red. He escaped to make Pokémon uprising that would spread across the multiverse through Smash 4. Also, he is so powerful he doesn't need a trainer to Mega Evolve.

No one knows who Greninja belongs to.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Pikachu from 64 and Melee is Oak's. Pichu in Melee is Pika's son, which is why he knows Volt Tackle. He evolved for Brawl and Sm4sh.
Pokemon Trainer is Red. He retained his Charizard for Sm4sh, after gaining Mega Evolution with him.
Lucario is a wandering 'mon. He seeks stronger foes to better himself. Alternitavely, he is Aaron's from Steel Island.
Greninja is from the Mystery Dungeon series, as part of a rescue team along with Delphox and Chesnaught.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
- The Smashers love watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :4shulk: is getting really tired of the "SHULK SMASH" jokes.

(Sorry, but this had to be said.)

Last edited:
3DS FC
0877-1432-5636
Dr. Mario abuses the fact that he's the only person that the other characters see to get patched up by purposefully injuring them in battle to have them visit him more, thus making them pay him more.

It's all part of the plan.
Sakurai probably caught on and therefore banished him from coming back in Brawl.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shulk is the kind of guy that gets along well with pretty much everyone. Except Bowser, Ganondorf and Wario.

Chrom, the Mega Men and Nooklings have two new friends, Dunban and Riki. Of course they're also a bit jealous of the fact that Riki's also doing double duty as an Assist Trophy.

When Shulk joined the Smashers, they threw one heck of a party, which may or may not have led to questionable choices and hangovers. (hint: it did)

Phosphora has a big, lesbian crush on Palutena. >.> that was totes not a Mean Girls reference.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
- The Smashers love watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :4shulk: is getting really tired of the "SHULK SMASH" jokes.

(Sorry, but this had to be said.)
Who doesn't love the MCU? Anyways, Sakurai is feared by the Smashers for being willing to randomly smite them at a moments notice.
:4metaknight: likes to sing in the shower.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Chrom has a night job as a security guard at a children's pizza place. He's says it's the worst thing to happen to him since he walked in on :4robinm: and :4lucina: the night following their wedding.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Chrom has a night job as a security guard at a children's pizza place. He's says it's the worst thing to happen to him since he walked in on :4robinm: and :4lucina: the night following their wedding.
FIve Nights at Freddy's reference? (I should probably watch an LP of that game...no way in heck am I playing it myself ;A; )

Dunban beats everyone at poker. Yes, even with his bad arm.

F!Robin and Shulk read that fic of them that's going around. They are...shocked, to say the least. :troll:
that fic freaks me out too though tbh

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
FIve Nights at Freddy's reference? (I should probably watch an LP of that game...no way in heck am I playing it myself ;A; )

Dunban beats everyone at poker. Yes, even with his bad arm.

F!Robin and Shulk read that fic of them that's going around. They are...shocked, to say the least. :troll:
that fic freaks me out too though tbh
Yes. Yes it is.
Also, :4robinf: and :4shulk: are shocked because they didn't know anyone knew about their relationship other than them.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I don't believe this has been posted yet, and that is a crime. This is the head cannon. All of this:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shulk made a lot of friends on his first day of the tournament, including Zamus, who reminds him a bit of Fiora (and maybe Sharla as well); Little Mac and Captain Falcon, both of whom remind him of Reyn; both Robins; Ike; Link; and Zelda, who reminds him a bit of Melia.

Bowser is still mad at Shulk for catching him off guard, and Shulk himself is suspicious of Ganondorf
because since Ganondorf is a remnant of the dark god Demise, it reminds Shulk of Lord Zanza.

After hearing about F!Robin and Zamus flirting with Shulk, Fiora is now trying to get in the tournament to keep them away from him and be by his side.

Of course, given her...thirst, it's a bit of a double standard there :troll:

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:ganondorf: babysits the younger Smashers, plus Morgan.
Also, some more of :4robinm:'s ships!
:4robinf:x:4shulk:
:4Impa: x:4olimar:
:4dixie: x :4pit:
:4ridley: x F!:4villager:.

murdokdracul

NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
:ganondorf: babysits the younger Smashers, plus Morgan.
Also, some more of :4robinm:'s ships!
:4robinf:x:4shulk:
:4Impa: x:4olimar:
:4dixie: x :4pit:
:4ridley: x F!:4villager:.
Ridley and FemVillager would go so well together...

...Dixie and Pit...eh...

So whom would :4robinf: ship with whom?

Top Bottom