• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros: Metagame - VIDEO AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Woohoo PKM featured in! ;D Quebec representatives ftw! Loved your video Gimpy, your hard work and patience gave birth to this beautiful baby, which people will love a lot, or hate because it's not of the good sex. Great job!

HellBlaZer

Smash Apprentice
I <3 the pokemon part, the other parts... i think that they could have been more epic, still this is some major project that you handle nicely ^^!
congrats

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
sick video, i actually liked the music, it seemed to fit perfectly.
the combos were ill but I felt like ive seen alot of them before, and they weren't as crazy as I thought they would be. But thats obviously not gimpys fault. I think my fav part was the legend of zelda section which was very entertaining.

Is it me or does it seem like there was a lack of east coast representation. I was surprised to see no DJ Nintendo in the Mushroom Kingdom section. And there should have been atleast one clip of scar and wes.

but all in all nice vid

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
it was really an enjoyable video, i stayed interested the whole 35 minutes that it was on, definetly up there with Itsbme's montage's.

LISTEN, people there are SOOOOO many combo's out there of every char and yes some of would wished we had seen more of darkrain, m2k, ken and what not but gimpy spent alot of time making this video FOR US!! So, be realistic about it, and be thankful that we had a guy who spent 200+ hours on this vid for the smash community.

Gimpy FTW!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I really wish I knew about this in time to submit stuff [not of my own, of course]. Even if Ness players like AngryLobster, MoFo, or Mew2Matt (forgot what he goes by now) weren't featured, at least include stuff from different matches Simna has as opposed to just...................him vs. Gin (mediocre Fox in those matches iirc) on FD...esp since most of them were the same combo [dair>utilt>DJCuair>DJCuair>DJCuair>bair] ---obviously I'm exaggerating...and now that I watch it again, it wasn't JUST Simna vs. Gin...but still...

gah...I'll stop talking about it since it can't make a difference now and had I known, I would've submitted better stuff...

I really did like the video overall, though. The Mushroom Kingdom was my favorite section :) Good **** for putting so much effort into this...I just wish this was..iunno...the rough draft :(

Oh...and yeah, it's a shame there wasn't more diversity in region but, oh well.

Cups

Smash Ace
i found myself saying "this is clearly the best character in the game" for every segment. Don't criticize the video. Make a better one or stfu. Thank you Gimpyfish.

*goes off to play melee*

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
I didn't like it.

First of all, I didn't like the music choices. Your taste in music doesn't match mine at all/didn't fit in the video at times, imo. When the first scenes played, I thought it still belonged to the intro until I realised it's the actual footage already. And here's my biggest gripe: Throwing some characters in one segment, mixing up their scenes is annoying. For instance, when I wanted to watch some Ylink action, I got really annoyed at all the Ganon, Link and Sheik scenes that I just turned the video off. They don't have anything in common apart from sharing the same game universe. This is really a big problem I had when watching this.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I didn't like it.

First of all, I didn't like the music choices. Your taste in music doesn't match mine at all/didn't fit in the video at times, imo. When first scenes played, I thought it belonged still to the intro until I realised it's the actual footage already. And here's my biggest gripe: Throwing some characters in one segment, mixing up their scenes is annoying. For instance, when I wanted to watch some Ylink action, I got really annoyed at all the Ganon, Link and Sheik scenes that I just turned the video off. They don't have anything in common apart from sharing the same game universe. This is really a big problem I had when watching this.
I actually had the opposite reaction to the dispersion of characters. I really liked seeing the more obscure characters do stuff.

I have a tendency to play random characters in friendlies though so that might explain it. I didn't really watch the video for one specific character and it wasn't made for that.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I think that people are just really depressed and look for things they can critique rather than telling someone something good they did.

stfu if you don't have anything nice to say.

Milos

Smash Lord
actually i am pretty sure there is. the falcon combo on the sheik on 64 dreamland was darkrain vs M2K
no i mean THE Darkrain combo from E52, you know, the rapefest in the 3rd stock of the third match against cactuar on FD, that was probably the best combo caught on tape at a major tournament in a very long time.

and how can you make an ssbm tribute when you only use like 5 clips of the best melee player, m2k, but you use ****ing 500 clips of eggz.

jesus there was such a region bias it's not even funny.

decent video is decent.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
M2k's **** isn't different and entertaining though milos, its consistent and dependable whereas eggz was pulling off impressive ENTERTAINING combos that we don't see very much of.

Seriously, i don't watch m2k vids anymore because its the same thing over and over again.

Also, it was about Char not region and we all know that west coast is more entertaining than east, no hate towards east coast its just the truth.

most entertaining smasher by far is darkrain.

Milos

Smash Lord
HAHA so many things wrong with that statement.

1 this video was supposed to be about the metagame, not flashiness. m2k has pretty much perfected the metagame, so he should have been the star of this video.

2 the east coast is better at smash in general, let alone flashier. my ***** jman didn't even have any combos, that's just dumb considering he's probably the second best fox after m2k.

3 Darkrain isn't even west coast he's midwest. get *****.

JFox

Smash Hero
This video was awesome, well done gimpy.

The one criticism I had was simply that it seemed like you favored your region's combos over other regions. The credits were almost all players from the west coast. But it is your video, so yea its w/e.

otg

Smash Master
Alright, here are some of my thoughts. I had mixed impressions. I liked some of your music choices and of the few combos I hadn't seen before I was impressed. I'm also grab that you put in certain combos that I think get overlooked (Eggz mario vs. Noobkings ganon on PS.... OUCH).

However, a lot of the material was OLD, like outdated and boringly old. And as usual Gimpy has his favoritism in who he chooses, but regardless it was a fun video and I'm sure it will be regarded quite highly a few years down the line.

Great work and effort Gimpy.

This video was awesome, well done gimpy.

The one criticism I has was simply that it seemed like you favored your region's combos over other regions. The credits were almost all players from the west coast. But it is your video, so yea it w/e.
Agreed, best way to put it. Lots of DBR... and well... we all know what DBR is like.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I didn't mean to express that I searched for Ylink clips only. ^^
I tried to watch the video as a whole, but mixing chars up is just annoying for me to watch... idk...
And I know that others didn't like it as well.

I was not looking for things to criticise. I just didn't really enjoy watching the video as it was.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
LOL i never once said darkrain was west coast, u just interpret that i did.

East coast flashy? nah u must have the dullest brain in the nation. Yeah east coast is hella pro but they do the same **** most of the time. MANGO is flashy and entertaining. RAAAAAAPE.

Yeah, m2k is metagame king, with like 2 chars, congrats.

If you wanna go watch m2k go to itsbme's channel and watch I AM ROBOT.

Seriously, quit being close-minded about east coast since you live over there.

also

get off jman's d!ck, ya he's good but he still needs to go to more national tourneys for your statement to make sense.

pockyD

Smash Legend
no i mean THE Darkrain combo from E52, you know, the rapefest in the 3rd stock of the third match against cactuar on FD, that was probably the best combo caught on tape at a major tournament in a very long time.
...lol, SS has done cooler combos in like every recorded video of his

not trying to start an SS vs darkrain debate (darkrain is probably better, and definitely more proven), but when you're talking about the 'best' combo (and JUST a combo), that one was far from it

Geist

Smash Master
^^ well you have to realize that it wasn't just a combo against anyone, it was freaking cactus.
that has to be considered too.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think the point was that certain combos were unique. Sadly some chars cant really differ in combos.

At least i represented some characters >_>

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
And like I keep saying, the regional bias of the video is not Gimpy's fault. He asked for footage. And his region responded more than any other. I sent him videos and got my stuff in there. (Then again there isn't a lot of fresh Luigi footage out there.)

I would have loved to see Scar, Cactuar, Jman, Darkrain, Skler, DJ Nintendo, and like a ton of other people. But the fact remains that non of their footage was submitted to Gimpy. You can't expect him to scour the internet for 35 minutes of 5-10 second clips using 26 characters. It was up to the rest of us to do that (which was genius by the way). So if you want to blame someone for regional bias, blame yourself.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
HAHA so many things wrong with that statement.

1 this video was supposed to be about the metagame, not flashiness. m2k has pretty much perfected the metagame, so he should have been the star of this video.

2 the east coast is better at smash in general, let alone flashier. my ***** jman didn't even have any combos, that's just dumb considering he's probably the second best fox after m2k.

3 Darkrain isn't even west coast he's midwest. get *****.
I like Jman and all but I'd like to point out that he's definitely not the second best fox.

Also;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8maZWKwldy0
1:37

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZfTHTee3a4
2:12

Lack of those D:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
if that was the point, then why was the movie named "Metagame"?
That was why. eh nvm.

And like I keep saying, the regional bias of the video is not Gimpy's fault. He asked for footage. And his region responded more than any other. I sent him videos and got my stuff in there. (Then again there isn't a lot of fresh Luigi footage out there.)

I would have loved to see Scar, Cactuar, Jman, Darkrain, Skler, DJ Nintendo, and like a ton of other people. But the fact remains that non of their footage was submitted to Gimpy. You can't expect him to scour the internet for 35 minutes of 5-10 second clips using 26 characters. It was up to the rest of us to do that (which was genius by the way). So if you want to blame someone for regional bias, blame yourself.
Yea i helped out with whatever i could find as well/

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay, Pakman is right about the video submission thing. *nods*.

For the statement about East Coast not being Flashy:

However, there are plenty of entertaining people to watch on the East coast. Dude, Eggm's matches can be super entertaining. JFox has some really sexy moments with his Peach. VaNz...oh my goodnes...VaNz is one of the MOST entertaining people to watch HANDS DOWN. (He made me wanna start playing Brawl with his combo video) Moo is frickin' amazing. (yeah, I know...he's kind of inactive, but still...they had outdated videos...we could have too.) XIF has a very entertaining and sexy Peach. Shiz...wow...see Eggm, xD. (I <3 their vids) Even though he's been mentioned, Pakman, =p. Shakugan and his needlessly flashy peach can be entertaining. Cactuar when he plays C. Falcon...or G&W...heck...just Cactuar. We even got the little up and coming Lite who is VERY entertaining to watch. Deff and his crazy aggro Doc. DJN- see VaNz. The list just goes on, xD. (I KNOW I didn't mention everyone, but I'm feeling a little lazy.)

Edit: Can't forget Crismas and NinjaLink.

So for someone to say that East Coast isn't flashy must not be watching hard enough. Actually....must not be watching at all. HOWEVER, we do know when to play gay and throw the flashiness out. To some of us though: smart, gay playing is just as entertaining as being flashy.

fed

Smash Cadet
that was sick, very awesome vid gimpy!!

i really impressed pokemon and fire emblem part, specifically roy and mewtwo. Roy fsmash ftw!!!

I think there is no reason to complain. Just enjoying this long and very entertaining vid

Well, i think samus part was a little bit short... but it is a little detail

PD: The Ganon's combos were f****** killers!!!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
West Coast is more flashy that East Coast. I think they have a lot more technical spacies which defines flashy.

I mean half the people on swf have a WC combo in their sigs. (not me suckers).

Vegard

Smash Lord
Florida defines smash bros' term flashyness, all the best technical and flashy players come from Florida, hands down.

between east and west, it seems like the best from the east are all semi retired from Melee, which makes it easier to credit the west coast players.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

qft

But seriously, you can't argue with this statement. Pakman's right. The video was about all characters and the diversity of them and they're styles. That being said, it was still disappointing not seeing all of these great players and combos that could have been in it. I also have to disagree with Gimpy and say that the ISAI TRIPLE KNEE IS MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS VIDEO.

D1

Banned via Administration
Shut up w/ all the arguing. We can probably have a SSB:Metagame 2 vid or something.

Hax

Smash Champion
this **** was crazy. i think the link using the Z-air to edgeguard the falco is one of my favorite smash clips ever. not enough captain falcon for a "metagame" combo vid but like pakman said thats our fault, not his. also why the **** wasnt DJ's bowser in this, he is the shizzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom