• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
@itsameluigi1290 how to get shadow: Complete 20 Versus Matches or play a Versus Match that has both Sonic and Tails. ( Hint: do the second one...its easier and faster xD. Just play as sonic and choose tails as your enemy. stock with one life. jump of the edge and die. Tails wins and you should unlock shadow^^)
Oh, thanks man!

BTW, I think the reason the game is really hard for me is because the AI isnot dumb as bricks. Like in Brawl.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Anyway I have been wondering why are there no battering items yet, like beam swords and home run bats.:scared:

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
You say a USB controller is recommend, but then you don't detect my USB controller and give me no way to configure it. How should I be using my USB controller?

Can you please add a confirmation on Exit? With the startup load time as bad as it is, I don't want to close the program inadvertently when doing something (pressing Esc) that logically should pause the game or take me to the previous menu. It's somewhat flawed that sometimes Esc takes you to a different screen and sometimes Esc terminates the program immediately.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Joy2Key or Xpadder are the programs everyone uses for USB controllers. You have to configure which buttons correspond to what keys and make sure it matches the controls for the game. I personally use Joy2Key.

The only times the Escape key go to a previous menu are in the F1 help file and the Controls menu, IIRC. Otherwise, Escape quits the game. All other menus should be exited by pressing whatever your special button is.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
There is a glitch in SSBC 0.8.4. when you throw a exploding capsule the game sometimes freezes and then you or your enemy will fall of of the stage.:(

dettadeus

Smash Lord
QUESTIONS ABOUT ONLINE MODE (a.k.a. The Jak Faq)

Q: How do I play online?
A:
1. Make sure you have Hamachi downloaded, installed, and running. You can find the download here. Make sure to download the Unmanaged version.
2. Make sure you and your opponent are on the same Hamachi network.
3. Select the Online Mode option on the home menu of Crusade v0.8. Then, figure out if you're going to be the host or if someone else will be the host.
3.1. If you are going to be the host, select "Host Game". Give your Hamachi IP to the person you will be playing.
3.2. If you are going to join your opponent's game, select "Join Game" and paste the Hamachi IP your opponent gives you into the pop-up window.
4. Both players select their characters. Using the same selection buttons as the main menu, navigate yourself to the personal options window (selecting yourself in the lobby) and select "Character". Select the character you will be playing on the CSS that pops up. If you want to play as an alt character (e.g. Evil Ryu or Zero Suit Samus) the option will come up to select one or the other.
5. The host sets the game settings and the stage that the game will be played on. At the moment, there are very few selectable stages, but that will be fixed in a patch.
6. Both players select "Claim Ready" and the host starts the game.

Q: WHY IS THERE SO MUCH LAG
A: One player in the match probably has a bad connection. Try to have the player with the better connection host the game.

Q: WHY DOES IT TAKE 3 SECONDS FOR MY INPUT TO BE READ WHILE THE GAME RUNS AT FULL SPEED
A: Probably an issue of bad connection, or that you are very far from your opponent.

Q: Why does the game crash after the match is over?
A: We're not sure, but it will be fixed in the next patch.

Q: What's with the lack of stages in Online mode?
A: Again, we're not sure what happened, but it will be fixed in the next patch.

Q: I got a desync! What happened?
A: Chances are, your connection is REALLY bad, or you were playing with items. It is suggested not to play with items online because their random spawning has not been fully synchronized yet.
also the capsule glitch should've been fixed with 0.8.4, if not just turn items off

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Items in online work in 0.8.4, to make things clear

Also, Hamachi is not always needed, but when you play with others it is safe to assume you will need it

dettadeus

Smash Lord
there are like 5 dozen hamachi networks, you should just make one yourself and find people to join it and play with you

there's no match-making service for crusade so you just have to find your own matches

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Okay.Network ID is 954310 and the password is green2567 and I will be online Usually at 8:00 on Thursdays-Sundays.:)

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
If I read correctly...online is pay to play? >.> It said "via p2p".

I don't like the idea of paying to play online... I don't think it's worth it, IMO. :/

D

Deleted member 189823

I'd love this idea if it didn't have too many outsider characters. Don't get me wrong, I think most of it looks pretty neat. I'm just not used to seeing so many variety in SSB, hence why I find characters like Ryu and Megaman in it silly.

AngrokVa

Smash Rookie
I currently do have a Hamachi network, ID: AngrokVa99, password: april99. But don't tell anyone!

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Anyway I'm still having trouble with that capsule exploding glitch. What happens is that when a exploding capsule is thrown at a your enemy the game will freeze and act weird it is frustrating!:mad:

Top Bottom