• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surprise, it's Unstoppabrawl! (Looking for local players!)

GameTrekker

Smash Cadet
Okay, it's about time I told everyone what's been going on with this project. Honestly, it's currently on a bit of a hiatus, and I'll explain why.

When I started production on Unstoppabrawl, I was in college. At the time of every release I've had so far, I've been in college. I am no longer in college.

I'm even living in a different state. And I have a job. These two facts alone wouldn't make a difference, but... all my playtesters were at college with me.

I have indeed been able to do a whole bunch of interesting and promising things with Final Smashes. :D

But at the moment I have literally no one to play the game with. D: And it's because of this there hasn't already been another release of the mod that features the Final Smash (and other new) changes.

Unstoppabrawl is far from dead! I fully intend to continue work on it as soon as possible, but I can't make any promises right now regarding when that will be the case.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
here's what you do. make a spot on smashmods, make a thread (or ask here, im sure a lot of people are subscribed) and ask for playtesters, then coordinate online.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I just tried this mod earlier, its pretty awesome :D
I commend you for tackling this on your own, you really deserve something
I'm looking forward to the Final Smashes
I do recommend you come up with a coding team to further improve the mod GameTrekker

--
I'm probably aware that this post may be very well ignored as it is a request. So I do wish in good faith that this post would at least prove to be useful :D

Item reworking for tourneys and balance?
This may be a very hard task but may be a basis for revolutionary gameplay
>Allow stages to generate ObjectX in certain spots
>ObjectX is defined as a placeholder for "real" items before the real ones spawn
>You could/would imagine ObjectX as a Arrow Sign pointing downwards, it has a timer in it showing how long before the item spawns *optional: may also indicate what item it spawns
>If there would be a spawn order list for ObjectX it would be something like Mr. Saturn > Fan > Scope > Bomb > then finally Smashball for example

GameTrekker

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the compliments, Kei_Takaro. :)

As for your "request", well... it's a really cool idea! I think it might actually be the next thing I'd work on if I ever finish a truly final version of my own character balancing.

Just to make sure you're aware, though: What you're suggesting is very ambitious, and quite possibly something that can't even be accomplished with current technology (I'm not involved with the community enough to know). The types of editing I can do now don't even extend to items or stages. So basically, while I would very much like to do this, I don't know if I'll ever get the chance.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to be keeping this (and yourself) in mind for future endeavors.

Igni3

Smash Rookie
This project is amazing =O

Did you remove the infinites?

And I have another question, can I combine this mod with BBrawl stage modifications?

Gonna test it.

Make every move useful <- I love that.

down taunt: 2%-222%, X/X-0/22 <-

Damn, I don't like that D=, pretty crazy.

GameTrekker

Smash Cadet
-MONUMENTAL THREAD REVIVAL-

I'm back! Yeah, it's been a while. I haven't been working on Unstoppabrawl since 2010. But now I finally have more time for it, and I'm looking to get back into the project. There are more adjustments to make, and there is Final Smash balancing to work on!

Though there's a bit more that I'm looking for before I resume. First, the big change: I'd really like to be able to work on Ubrawl with one or more other developers. So far, this mod has been a solo project. But I've realized that working with others would be much more fun and more likely to result in the best possible product.

I'm also looking for playtesters in general. I had some in the past, but they're no longer available. I'm posting in this thread to do something about all this!

I live in Petaluma, California, which is about an hour north of San Francisco. If you live near here, it would be great to meet in person. If you're not close by, but are interested in working on the project with me, perhaps we can still work together via other means.

Also, I'm always interested in meeting new friends, so if you like that idea you can still feel free to contact me. Anyone interested in meeting and/or being involved in any way can send me a PM.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Oh, and if anyone knows any other way that I can find people near me that might me interested, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
GT, I'm more than willing to be a playtester and help with development. Feel free to discuss this with me. I don't live anywhere near you but I'm sure we can figure out ways to work around that.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Whoops, almost didn't reply.

I'm nowhere near you, but I'd love to help playtest and I have a little group of friends that I'm sure would love to test it out too.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't live near you at all, but playtesting is certainly of interest to me. Unfortunately due to lack of a USB Gecko, I can't exactly help at all on the coding front. ASM coders are rather scarce outside of the PMBR.

GameTrekker

Smash Cadet
To those who have responded since my last post, first I want to say thank you. I appreciate the interest and support, and I'll keep you all in mind for contacting if/when development resumes.

That being said, the minimum requirement for development to resume is that I'm able to play the game, and this hinges on having local people to play it with. This remaining unchanged is why nothing else has happened yet since the thread revival.

But I'm still looking! Perhaps there are other places I should post about this, either on Smash Boards or elsewhere. I'm still open to suggestions.

Top Bottom