• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lol has ken even had a single girlfriend in his life?
He may just not care. I had a friend who was a lot like that. He was freakishly into video games but he might as well have been asexual. For the 17 years that I knew him, the only women I ever saw him talk to were teachers, his mom, and his sister and we went to four different schools together (elementary, middle, high, and the first year of community college).

manacloud1

Smash Champion
remember

voting on this site doesnt mean you are giving ken a vote towards fan favorite. Inorder to vote for ken on the show itself, you have to have an account on cbs and check cbs to see when they are putting up their online vote servers to vote for your favorite survivor. You can do that or text message, more info at cbs.com later on when the show airs.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
ken is going to win fan favorite b/c everyone on SWF is gunna vote for him and he'll get the 1 million dollar check :):):)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just voted for Ken lololol.
He's going to own every online poll.

EDIT:

If he wins, he better invest some of that money into smashboards.

EDIT:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/survivor-gabon.html

Crystal Cox, who won gold at the Athens Games in 2004 as part of the 4x400m track relay team, is the biggest name on the roster this season, which premieres with a two-hour episode on Sept. 25. Also among the fresh faces is Jessica “Sugar” Kiper (Gilmore Girls fans may remember her as the pin-up model who made out with Milo Ventimiglia during her four-episode arc as Shane) and Ken Hoang, the current international champion of Nintendo’s Super Smash Brothers Melee video game.
LIES, Ken is the most well known!
:mad:

Eggm

Smash Hero
If he wins the whole thing he should hold an epic melee tournament. Using some of the money for the venue or something. And use the publicity to get it sponsored. And fly international people in with the sponsors money or something, that'd be epic.

Edit : Voted for him.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
LIES, Ken is the most well known!
:mad:
too bad this only applies to Smashers all around and not an actual worldwide audience, but in Survival i have his reputation will better be known than just a "Nintendo Smasher".

also congrats on winning WWYP VIII, I will actaully enter myself on the next one ;)

Cod

Smash Rookie
I don't watch Survivor, but that's pretty neat. However, the bug comment was pretty vomit inducing. Hopefully he didn't make a habit of saying that sort of thing.

andytw710

Smash Cadet
Just want to clear some misconceptions up. Someone else did but still had a few things wrong.

The entire season has already been filmed (including the final vote), it isn't like American Idol where you vote for who you want to win. The two teams compete in a immunity challenge the losing team then votes one of their members off.

When it gets to the final 10 usually the two teams merge into one team and the game becomes individual with everyone voting every round. Only one person has immunity, they can still vote but cannot be voted for. The people who are voted off at the individual part of the game become part of the jury. When it gets down to the final 2 the jury members (the people who got 10th to 3rd) then vote for who they want to win. Then they come back to the US. So there isn't a live vote, however the votes are revealed live. Meaning they already voted for the winner but nobody but the producers, editors, Jeff Probst, and probably a few others know who won between the final 2.

Now those that are voted off before the jury do not come straight home, they actually go on a paid vacation until filming wraps up. So even if Ken was voted off first his flight out of Gabon was the same day as the people who made it to the final. So all 18 contestants come home at the same time, so you can't exactly figure out how well Ken did based on when he came home. However spoilers are all over the place so their should be some information on how well he did or at least speculation.

A few things tend to change, starting with season 13 (Cook Islands) they had a final three instead of a final 2 and before that the jury started at 9 people. However I assume they want to keep the contestants on their toes, the jury has started with 12 and just last season they surprised the contestant by going back to the final two. The merge has also happened with 9 people left and 8 people left and the jury has started before the merge.

Mix in a few twists, reward challenges, sending players to exile islands (not to mention a hidden individual immunity), and maybe a quitter and you've got yourself Survivor.

And I don't know if it is throughout the season or right before the final episode their is a phone in vote for your favorite and at the reunion show (right after the finale) and they do win a prize, so that is a way for you guys to all vote for Ken.

Also there was some talk in here about how minorities don't do well on the show...maybe not in the first three seasons but a black woman won the fourth season, a Spanish Woman won the Seventh, Puerto Rican Woman got fourth in the eleventh, and another black woman got fourth in Exile Island. Granted Survivor isn't the most racially diverse show but in the two seasons where it was racially diverse (season 13 and 14) the final four in each were all minorities and in Survivor China (Season 15) Peih Gee got 5th.

And how he got on? He either applied or a casting agent got in contact with him (which has become more and more common place in "reality shows")

Hopefully that helped.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I never watched Survivor so idk the rules...

If he gets the most votes, does he get some kind of invincibility frames during elimination?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
This is how Survivor works:
buncha nonsene.
They do not necessarily send people home right away. If they flew people back in order, websites all over the country would do research on it and spoil the entire season. I'm sure they fly people back in stages, and not necessarily in the order they are kicked off the show. Knowing when Ken got back won't necessarily help you determine when or if he was eliminated.

kdo

Smash Rookie
ANDYTW has it right. If Ken makes it past the first 8 or 9 eliminations then he will make the merge and thus "The Jury". If he is one of the final three people remaining, the other 7 Jurors vote on who to win the game and a million bucks. If hes not then he'll be one of the Jurors.

I am almost certain that Ken makes it at least past the merge based off of Jeff Probst and his comments on Ken. He had probably one of the most positive reviews from Probst, who said Ken is one of his favorites in a long time.

I guarantee that Ken will be one if not the most popular contestant this season throughout the Survivor fanbase.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, KEN! That is so amazing!! It's so good that the smashing community has like a representative like that. ^_^

And yeah, I never watch Survivor, but I just might now to keep up with Ken. :)

Ilex

Smash Ace
They do not necessarily send people home right away. If they flew people back in order, websites all over the country would do research on it and spoil the entire season. I'm sure they fly people back in stages, and not necessarily in the order they are kicked off the show. Knowing when Ken got back won't necessarily help you determine when or if he was eliminated.
I think I read something that they go on a cruise for the remaining of the show once they're voted off.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
ANDYTW has it right. If Ken makes it past the first 8 or 9 eliminations then he will make the merge and thus "The Jury". If he is one of the final three people remaining, the other 7 Jurors vote on who to win the game and a million bucks. If hes not then he'll be one of the Jurors.

I am almost certain that Ken makes it at least past the merge based off of Jeff Probst and his comments on Ken. He had probably one of the most positive reviews from Probst, who said Ken is one of his favorites in a long time.

I guarantee that Ken will be one if not the most popular contestant this season throughout the Survivor fanbase.
Good first post.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
too bad this only applies to Smashers all around and not an actual worldwide audience, but in Survival i have his reputation will better be known than just a "Nintendo Smasher".

also congrats on winning WWYP VIII, I will actaully enter myself on the next one ;)
Haha thanks man.

I hope you enter Write With Your Power IX.
If you liked WWYP VIII's prompt, you're going to like this one too.

;)

(Shameless Plug)

As to Ken's reputation through this.
What I really hope for, is for Ken to break the gamer stereotype.

Also, who is Ken going to hook up with in the series?

;)

Kelly Czarnecki (22)
Hometown: Buffalo Grove, Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom