• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
It was after the episode had ended, there were some commercials, and then the preview and the credits, with GC's last words. CBS will upload the episode soon here, and it will be at the end of that.
Lols, oh yeah, I forgot that they did that. :/ I'll just wait till it comes out then...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So, the Canadian station that plays Survivor plays these little factoid clips about the show during the commercials. They had one about Ken and it was like "Did you know that Ken was a 5 year video game champion, and that his gaming community refers to him as the "King of Smash"". Then I just looooooooooooled.

Percon

Smash Lord
So, the Canadian station that plays Survivor plays these little factoid clips about the show during the commercials. They had one about Ken and it was like "Did you know that Ken was a 5 year video game champion, and that his gaming community refers to him as the "King of Smash"". Then I just looooooooooooled.
Yeah, I caught that myself. I cackled maniacally as my mother stared at me in awe.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I ought to pay more attention to those things. XD Too good.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Ken is going down, sorry man. They have to win more challenges, if they do, there is hope.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
You have to play the suprise factor and vote of Matty. He is the least likely to be protected by the idol.

Here is what Ken should do.

Tell matty that they Think Ace will be protected by the I I and so they will vote sugar.
Matty runs back and tells ACE and Sugar this. They do a unison vote and vote off kelly.

Then they pull a fast 1 and vote Matty to get numbers back.

Bye Bye Matty or Kelly.

•Col•

Smash Champion
You have to play the suprise factor and vote of Matty. He is the least likely to be protected by the idol.

Here is what Ken should do.

Tell matty that they Think Ace will be protected by the I I and so they will vote sugar.
Matty runs back and tells ACE and Sugar this. They do a unison vote and vote off kelly.

Then they pull a fast 1 and vote Matty to get numbers back.

Bye Bye Matty or Kelly.
Holy shi-

Mindgames. o.O

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Just watched it; my thoughts on this episode...
  • Ken was scared of that elephant, lol
  • Ken would have made a MUCH better caller in that game
  • For an Olympic medalist, Kristal is frickin' useless
  • Randy is awesome
  • Ken was FREAKING OUT when Kristal was ranting about mind games, LOL

Albert

Smash Rookie
That was all too funny.

Then Crystal goes up to ken in a rant about mind games and mentions "I don't have time for these mindgames, you mindgame this hard you're just gonna end up mindgaming yourself..."

lol and Ken was just laying there like listening to it all.

rofl.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
nah, I think Ken was the one who mentioned the mind games to Crystal (but they cut that out) and they only showed Crystal's response to Ken

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Then Crystal goes up to ken in a rant about mind games and mentions "I don't have time for these mindgames, you mindgame this hard you're just gonna end up mindgaming yourself..."

lol and Ken was just laying there like listening to it all.

The reason Kristal ranting to Ken about mindgames is because Ken is the master of Mindgames and he would surely understand about it.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Ouch, tonight hurt Kens chances considerably. We are now down to 7v6 and that puts things a bit messy. Even if they manage to win every challange to the merge they will still have Ace, Suger and Matty to worry about while the whole tribe picks off Crstyal, Ken and Kelly

Fang will go down and take Ken with them unless something really suprising happens.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
For an Olympic medalist, Kristal is frickin' useless
I think the reward challenge sums it up pretty well...

Did you see the effort Ace was pulling out, he was a beast (until Kota used the double fruit strategy).
Matty and Ken had a good "combination".

Randy is awesome
I know he won't go very far, but I'm rooting for him.

Ouch, tonight hurt Kens chances considerably. We are now down to 7v6 and that puts things a bit messy. Even if they manage to win every challange to the merge they will still have Ace, Suger and Matty to worry about while the whole tribe picks off Crstyal, Ken and Kelly

Fang will go down and take Ken with them unless something really suprising happens.
Can anyone smell another tribal switch? Eh?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
That whole throw fruits through the holes challenge was a great example of selective editing... I swear they showed way more of Ken's group getting the fruit in and Ace knocking them down than the other team... yet Kota still wins... wtf

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That whole throw fruits through the holes challenge was a great example of selective editing... I swear they showed way more of Ken's group getting the fruit in and Ace knocking them down than the other team... yet Kota still wins... wtf

that's the funny thing about any reality show with challenges, they do that to throw you off nad think the team with most show time will win but yet Kota won.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping for Ken to burst out laughing when that athlete chick said that she was tired of all the mind games from CG.

Mind gamez...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Jeff Probst said Ken is going to be a leader in the episode 5 preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03fp2qPugM but I'm not sure exactly which part of last night's episode that refers to... Maybe something to look forward to?
i think it was referring to ken talking to krystal and kelly about who to vote out.

i was so hoping they'd vote out sugar...i was SURE they were going to do it. it would have been dumb for sugar to use it at that point, which is why it was a perfect opportunity to severly weaken ace. now matty is going to side with ace and sugar, and ken/kelly/krystal (lulz kkk) are ****ed.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
i was so hoping they'd vote out sugar...i was SURE they were going to do it. it would have been dumb for sugar to use it at that point, which is why it was a perfect opportunity to severly weaken ace. now matty is going to side with ace and sugar, and ken/kelly/krystal (lulz kkk) are ****ed.
Truer words have never been spoken. :(

also, lulz KKK vs SAM

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Truer words have never been spoken. :(

also, lulz KKK vs SAM
yep yep

so...what happens if there is a tied vote, ie 3v3? i'm thinking it'll be 3 for kelly and 3 for whoever kkk decides to pick and hope that sugar doesn't protect.

god**** why did they vote gc out. they could have at least communicated with gc so that his throwaway vote would have MEANT something...and at that point sugar or ace would have left.

ken ****ed up on this one. they made it sound as if the vote was decidedly for sugar...and yet everyone votes gc.

oh well. regardless, ken is kind of screwed anyway at the merger. the kota alliance is much stronger than anything ken could muster up. the only real hope now is another tribal shift, and ken somehow getting in with kota or kota weakening.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Crystal to Ken: I'm too ____ hungry for the mind games. ROFL. The next episode, Matty is going to be a "Benedict" and make a pact with Ace. What this means? Assuming Fang loses another immunity challenge, it will be Matty, Ace, Sugar, vs Ken, Crystal and Kelly. Ace says he has full supremacy, and that's where I was very scared and thought that they should've voted out Sugar rather than Ace. They have physical and idol advantage. It's the difference between Ace being alone, and Ace controlling the camp. I hope one of the Ace alliance gets voted off next week, hopefully Ace himself, because personally I am a fan of Matty and Sugar who is hot/cute. Ken is smart, but what would've been really smart, was killing the elephant. It would've lasted the tribe and the merge tribe until the end, and there was a chance GC could've gotten killed. I hope Ken goes far. Also Marcus took a bite out of Charlie's shoulder. They like.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
so you guys think ken is next?
Next to go? Definitely not. He'd have to do something reeeeeeeally stupid to be voted out before Kelly (or Sugar, if the KKK can hold). If Kelly gets booted, however, Ken is almost guaranteed to go after her. :/ He was the one who picked Kelly (which is practically munity in Ace's book) and, out of the remaining members of the KKK, he is the weakest physically.

Of course, this is all assuming that the KKK lose to the SAM alliance in next tribal council, and that Matty even decides to join SAM in the first place (and you can't have SAM without Matty). If Matty sticks with KKK, and as long as they vote out the one Sugar decides not to protect, Ken'll be safe.

So, its either the KKK defeat SAM and Ken moves on to the merge, or SAM defeats the KKK and Ken gets voted out 2 tribal councils from now.

Fang needs to step up their game to stop those councils from happening. :(

EDIT: Also, aw, Ken is sad. :(

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...xs12GyZa4RZQA3b100iYNObd1YfnY&play=true&cc=89

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Boooo Randy told Ace to stop where he was, and Ace stopped. Dummy >_>
I think we're now seing Randy's potential as a low tier. Both recent challenges, he was able to control the raft to score for Kota, and in the recent challenge he mindgamed Ace...

This is why I wanted Krystal, Ken, Matty, Dan, and Randy to form an alliance from the beginning >_>

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
There are two types of people on Survivor. Players and Pawns. I count four players in this game. They are Dan, Ace, Ken, and Marcus. Dan and Ken are in real bad spots. Dan lacks any pawns in which to give himself an advantage. Ken is losing pawns and is losing his supremacy. Ace is in advantageous spot he is gaining pawns while his opponent weakens. Marcus is in a neutral position he has neither gained nor lost anything as of yet. He seems to waiting things out until making his next move.

Ken will be out in two more weeks if things go the way they are. This episode is the turning point for the KKK.

They didn't lose too badly these last two challenges though. Sugar was useless in this last challenge. If GC hadn't given up Sugar would have been gone because Matty always goes with the weakest. The idol would have solidified things for Matty's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom