• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
bit late but did anyone get any good christmas hauls? my gf gave me a bigass tub of protein powder (chocolate, my fav), heck yes.

horror story today, went for a mile run on the track before lifting, and around lap 7 i suddenly realized i forgot to take my singulair for asthma the night before. i finished out the mile like a champ and then spent like 45 minutes catching my breath, was unable to bench an empty oly, and went home a sad and broken man. the lesson is, take your meds

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you're doing something similar to Stronglfits 5x5, or maybe you're just adding weights in the exact same way lol. I'm going to try to do Madcow's 5x5, and keep up the progress until around Summertime, but I'm just afraid of overworking myself.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
you run before you lift...?

you are using up a lot of energy your body could use to help you lift bigger to help you tear the muscles more.

To warm up, just do a warm up set with each exercise instead of doing cardio. If you want to do cardio as well, do it after lifting.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Sounds like you're doing something similar to Stronglfits 5x5, or maybe you're just adding weights in the exact same way lol. I'm going to try to do Madcow's 5x5, and keep up the progress until around Summertime, but I'm just afraid of overworking myself.
Yea I'm following the routine that's posted on their site. :bee:

Today I finally get to go back to the gym. I hate weekends because now I have 2 rest days instead of 1.

Bought converses over the weekend for lifting. Anxious to try them on.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
you run before you lift...?

you are using up a lot of energy your body could use to help you lift bigger to help you tear the muscles more.

To warm up, just do a warm up set with each exercise instead of doing cardio. If you want to do cardio as well, do it after lifting.
yea i agree, i forgot some details of the story tho. when i go to the gym with my gurl we do cardio/machines/light freeweight stuff, when I go with my ~*~lifting bro~*~ lonejedi we just lift heavy. and lone was in church yesterday so... :oneeye:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
For Christmas this year I got crazy food poisoning, and spent the next four days pissing blood out of ***. Only started lifting again yesterday, that's my biggest break in two and a half years. Feeling good now, just weak and skinny :(

And I'm never eating charcoal chicken again :(

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Pissing blood does not sound like a lot of fun at all :(

The worst I got was **** farts from getting a flow test one time xD

I've actually been slacking off the past 3 weeks, need to get back on track.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
An Update:

After several weeks of taking notes and practicing with a broom handle, I can say that I have the proper technique down for the bench, overhead press, row, and deadlift. I am still working out some stuff with squats though, mainly the grip. I've had a problem keeping my wrists straight until I increased the width. I couldn't keep them in line with my forearms with a narrower grip, perhaps due to my inflexibility. I've been doing shoulder dislocations to try and improve that.

Speaking of squats, I've increased the load by 15 lbs since I last posted and when I did them yesterday they were noticeably harder than before. Hopefully I won't stall anytime soon.

I don't think I'm going to continue doing my push ups; I'm planning to substitute dips/pull ups/chin ups instead. I think the bench and overhead press are enough upper body exercises and I don't think the push ups are getting me stronger anyway.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
What I do for chest?

Bench (reg, inclined, declined) --> butterflies --> as many push ups as I can.

Thats a good time for push ups.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I'm developing man boobs... =(
I'm counter acting this right now by focusing on incline type presses and shoulder presses.

Im deff getting stronger though. I can super squat 3 plates 8 times and 4 plates twice.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Dips are good chest if you lean forward while doing them, I would suggest the dumbell fly and dumbell chest press personally (inclined and declined).

I never get a good tear when doing barbell chest press, I dont know why.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
I don't either, but I'm able to add more weight everytime, so something must be right.

My chest feels more worked out from doing pushups than doing the bench press.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Exercised today, while sick. Not a terribly fun experience. Amazing how much weaker it makes you.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I clicked on this thread in school, I can't do a pushup atm D:

but I'm down to do this ****, I've really been letting myself go since the holidays :<

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wait, so there's a new Gym thread being made?

I have no energy to go to the gym atm, I've been lethargic for a few days now, I don't know what explains it.

Top Bottom