• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Yoshi

D

Deleted member

Im not johning, the FACT is that i dont play quite as well.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
burntsocks Yoshi is legit. Best Yoshi I've played on Wifi if I'm honest.
Off to bed noaw.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Anyone thinking this tournament actually means something is as dumb as the quote in my sig.

This tourny is just for funzies after all, stockypoo does better offline (I hope for his sake anyways :D)
>.> i kno meta, i was joking bout the rule that says no lag johns....

and u get a prize for winning a wifi tourny which means u were better then all the other ppl playing on lag-fi

why must u take everything i say so seriously...

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Anyone thinking this tournament actually means something is as dumb as the quote in my sig.

This tourny is just for funzies after all, stockypoo does better offline (I hope for his sake anyways :D)
There's prizes O:

EDIT: edge beat me to it ><

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I totally didn't know where were prizes for this thing... That's cool I guess, heh. By the way, if anyone cares, I won my first round against Azn's Zelda. I should have 2-0ed him but my double jump didn't register on my last life and I just kind of fell to my death, heh. Yay college internet lag!!! The 3rd game I JV-two-stocked him which was a satisfying thing, heh. Anyway, hopefully I can take out Shaky in the next round

Metatitan

Smash Master
Lag makes yoshi as a character better. It tends to make most low tiers better. Lag affects certain players more than others. For example, we all know Green Ace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hades offline, but Hades is better at wifi. Does this prove anything? Nope, because wifi doesn't take much skill, it doesn't require you to read and avoid being read to win. Now if two good offline players play online, that's another story (because they don't abuse the lag), but that generally never happens.

Shiri

Smash Chump
*facepalm*

no, lag doesnt make yoshi better, it just makes everyone worse but some characters can deal with it better then others
:yoshi: Yeah, I agree a lot.

Nobody really "gets better" but there are characters that can take advantage of it in different ways. It's an entirely different skillset, so it's pretty cool to see people who do well on WiFi and how they do well.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I love how wifi is a completely different game than offline. Brawl to wifi brawl reminds me of all the melee to brawl, how it takes less skill and everything...

I know wifi isn't as good as offline, and some people that are great offline suck online, either because they don't want to/feel like making the transition, or they think it will make them worse offline. I don't think it makes you worse offline, and it's not a completely different game.

Slee got 33rd at genesis, which was his first time ever to play in an offline tourney. He got 5th at bio 3, a couple months after.

*Flees before major trolling from entire yoshi boards, and highlights the "I know wifi isn't as good as offline"*

MrEh

Smash Hero
Wifi is wifi. And it should be taken as such.

Example. I lost to Hadesblade in Round 1 quite soundly, but I don't complain about it. I don't bring up how I would probably wreck Hadesblades in real life, because that point is moot. Who cares if I could win in real life? Who would win in real life doesn't matter, because this is a wifi tournament. Winning in real life isn't gonna win this tournament, wifi skills are.

Hadesblades beat me because he is better at wifi. And remember, there's no losers in wifi matches as long as you have...

...or something.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Wifi is wifi. And it should be taken as such.

Example. I lost to Hadesblade in Round 1 quite soundly, but I don't complain about it. I don't bring up how I would probably wreck Hadesblades in real life, because that point is moot. Who cares if I could win in real life? Who would win in real life doesn't matter, because this is a wifi tournament. Winning in real life isn't gonna win this tournament, wifi skills are.

Hadesblades beat me because he is better at wifi. And remember, there's no losers in wifi matches as long as you have...

<picture here that I didn't want to quote... lulz>

...or something.
Somewhere my name gained an s. The quote in my siggy even has it ><

And I doubt I would lose to your zelda offline, it's just as easy to punish predictable fsmashes offline as it is online... though from what I hear you don't even main zelda :dizzy:

And wifi is wifi. It doesn't judge skills well, if two wifi players fight, then I guess it gives a decent representation, but like I said, some people just don't play it, and you can't expect them to be good at it.

Anyway I agree with all your post except when you said you'd wreck me offline ><.

EDIT: oyea and how long have you been reading yoshi boards? XD

MrEh

Smash Hero
^ Mr. Eh's Bowser is pretty amazing.
Thanks.

And I doubt I would lose to your zelda offline, it's just as easy to punish predictable fsmashes offline as it is online... though from what I hear you don't even main zelda
I can count the times I've used Zelda on one hand. lol

Anyway I agree with all your post except when you said you'd wreck me offline ><.
I never said I'd wreck you offline. That was a hypothetical situation. lol

EDIT: oyea and how long have you been reading yoshi boards? XD
I check every board from time to time.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I regret to inform you all that my WiFi is currently out of service and probably won't be up until Wednesday of next week. I'll probably need someone to sub for me for this round, and I may be able to play Winners or losers, depending on if the sub wins, or I might not be able to get back in. =[

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lol Shiri. I fear the epic of my presence in the drum line has caused my internet to stop working properly. My bad. =[

Dep, if you want to sub, you can tell Virg or what have you, but I want to play around with my connection a bit more to see if I can get it to work. Just stick around today/tomorrow and I'll confrim my need of a sub. =[

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, it's either you or Celes, you both can talk to each other about it. I personally don't care which of you does it, and I don't really have anything to choose based on, so meh. @_@

.Marik

is a social misfit
Screw your Wi-Fi, Delta. T_T

There go our chances of Yoshi placing well.

LOLOLOL ROCK ON CHACO.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yo Depster, I know I said you might play and all, and Imma let you finish, but Celes is the best Lucas slayer of ALL TIME!

But really, I said I was gonna mess around with my connection a bit and it still didn't work. Celes was there, and he's WiFi'd a decent Lucas before and done well. You said you were bad at the Mu, so I picked Celes. I hope it's not a problem. =[

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGE TROLL-SAN

OR WAIT

WERE YOU BEING SERIOUS?

LOL I MAY HAVE JUST

SHOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT ROOOOOFL

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok so i just found out delta is a yoshi player and i play him next in the wifi tourney

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Delta, im waiting...............WHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA! ill be on AiM all day. Xyro77. Or you can PM me or VM me.

Prepare yourself

Top Bottom