• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I could make Skarmflames come over to my house. He has both a Capture Card and a laptop, plus lives only 5ish mins away.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Do it! And invite seph over and do a triple live commentary :3

Sariku

Smash Master
A tribe live commentary? lol. On Mario Kart?
"That Funky Kong is still in first... OH MY GOD YOSHI JUST FIRED A BLUE SHELL!!"

"...people still use Yoshi?"

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Gash, is a live tribe commentary possible?
Because that would be awesome :awesome:

Lol @ sariku, gashi will prob be using yoshi

Sariku

Smash Master
:lol: If you guys found a way to do commentary over Skype, I'm sure we could fine some way to record it.
I'd join in if you'd like. Though I'm not sure if doing it live would be the bestttt thing. Not the first week, anyways, until we get an idea how it will work

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
A tribe live commentary? lol. On Mario Kart?
"That Funky Kong is still in first... OH MY GOD YOSHI JUST FIRED A BLUE SHELL!!"

"...people still use Yoshi?"
I EFFING MAIN YOSHI IN EVERY GAME!! But yeah, he's pretty bad >.>

At least he's not a couple other characters... lol

Also, I have skype, but do you mean a voice chat? If so, I dont have voice chat on mine yet :/

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't think skype will happen....not too many have voice chat.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I won't be recording it personally. If anyone else wants or plans to, commentary or not, they can.

But for anyone who can use Skype near their computer, I will on Skype with Hippo. We can all have a group call. There won't be any benefits other than making it easier for me to talk to you, though, :lol:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I hope you guys send reminders to everyone cause I almost forgot about this until today. Thankfully it's happening THIS Sunday. :laugh:

I thought I totally missed it.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'll send out PM's tomorrow to everyone, lol

And I don't think Peach is broken at ALL. She has good drift, but I get destroyed by Daisy's and Funky's better than me. The only thing that saves me is my personal good item use.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'll prob use Rosalina.....I'm not sure if I ready yet :3

I haven't played in quite awhile

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
What are you doing tonight/tomorrow?
I'm going to bed in about a half hour-and I'm doing some homework tomorrow and going to play floor hockey in the evening.....hopefully I get some time tomorrow night to practice

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm going to bed in about a half hour-and I'm doing some homework tomorrow and going to play floor hockey in the evening.....hopefully I get some time tomorrow night to practice
Alright, well maybe then we can play. If you come up with a time, I'll try to clear my schedule.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My schedule tomorrow is gay, or else I'd try and join in as well. It's my bros' birthday, I have to go to work a bit so I can get my paycheck, I have an irl tournament, some other random *** stuff will probably come up... so I'll be all over the place. :(

Hopfully I'll have time, and if so, I'll post here.

Sariku

Smash Master
My schedule tomorrow is gay, or else I'd try and join in as well. It's my bros' birthday, I have to go to work a bit so I can get my paycheck, I have an irl tournament, some other random *** stuff will probably come up... so I'll be all over the place. :(

Hopfully I'll have time, and if so, I'll post here.
No worries if you can't. What's important is Sunday.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Hey sariku, do you need help sending reminders? If so I can help
We might want to tell everyone to have your fc added before 4:00(central time) tomorrow
And will we start the race as soon as everyone gets in the lobby or will we have a time limit like maybe 4:15(central)

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey sariku, do you need help sending reminders? If so I can help
We might want to tell everyone to have your fc added before 4:00(central time) tomorrow
And will we start the race as soon as everyone gets in the lobby or will we have a time limit like maybe 4:15(central)
Nah, I got it, Brick. I probably should have sent some earlier, but I'll get them done within the hour. Sorry, I had a long morning

EDIT: Sorry for the double post (below), it slipped my mind that I posted this earlier in the day, >_>; If any moderators feel like they should give me an infraction, they are free to do so. They expire anyways, lol.

Sariku

Smash Master
I have sent a message to everyone currently entered in the tournament, but I will post it here as well for anyone late to signing up:

A friendly reminder than the Grand Prix tournament will be held tomorrow at 5 EST. Here are some of the rules and what will be happening:

- I will open the lobby 5-10 minutes before 5 EST. You may join at any point. It will be open until 5:20. This gives everyone 30-35 minutes to join in. Be sure to add me (Sariku) as soon as you can. I will have a Mii with my username on it. My friend code is: 4425 5744 1653.

- Make sure you guys choose the correct stages when we have to choose a map. We will be playing the Mushroom and Flower cups, mushroom first. So the first race, everyone must choose Luigi's Circuit. For the second race, everyone must choose the NEXT map in the Mushroom cup, and etc.

- At the end of the GP (4 races), be sure to remember and post your accumulated score in the Grand Prix thread. I will be attempting to record everyone's, but I don't know how much time the game gives me before closing the screen. We may have someone recording the game, so if anyone tries to cheat and post a score other than what they have, they will be banned from the rest of the tournament. Remember, it's just a game guys, there is no reason for that.

- There will probably be a five minute intermission between the first and second GP. This is tentative to change.

- I will be on Skype voice chatting with anyone who wants to during the GP (and before it). If anyone wishes to add me, my Skype name is Sariku.Uchiha - this is the easiest way to find out what is going on, but I will be active in the thread before, during, and after all the races.

- If anyone is disconnected during a race for any reason, you will be unable to finish the cup and you will get +0 for all the races that you failed to complete. If you finished the first but got DC'd in the second, you will keep the points that you got during that.

If there are any questions, please PM me or post them in the thread. I hope this is an enjoyable experience, but please forgive me if it turns out a little slower or clunky than I hope it will- this is my first Grand Prix, but I expect it to go well. Good luck, all racers!

PLEASE POST TO CONFIRM YOU WILL BE HERE TOMORROW.

Thanks for the idea, 2link.

Sariku

Smash Master
What time would that be in SWF time?
If you are current in Louisiana, the tournament will begin at 4 your time. Room will be up by 3:45 and will stay open until 4:15.

I hope it's not too late to say this, but if everyone can use a Mii for their profile that I can either easily relate to your SmashBoards identity or post the name of the Mii they will be using in this thread before the game starts, that'd be appreciated.

Again, my Mii will be with long black hair and the name Sariku. That's what you will be looking for when you join the room.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Is it to late to sign up???I hope not :p FC:0217-1533-4471
This seems like a lot of fun but what time would that be Central?4PM?So it would be open at 3:45?

Top Bottom