• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, Off-Road and Handling are both balls. I use almost none of both and I have more than enough results to prove it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No, Off-Road and Handling are both balls. I use almost none of both and I have more than enough results to prove it.
You'd have to be a major expert to use the Slick and/or Gold tires though. Based on your input, you've played the game enough to properly handle them.

@Vinyl.: I actually got the Gold Wheel myself in Mario Kart Wii. The Wii Wheel is pretty much my most used control scheme.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Slick tires aren't that hard to use, basically slick tires=funky kong mode, if you get 1st you will get a big lead.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Slick tires aren't that hard to use, basically slick tires=funky kong mode, if you get 1st you will get a big lead.
Wouldn't you get similar results with the Red Monster though? It's slightly slower, but at least it offers a positive off-road boost.

Still, no matter how you slice and dice it, speed demons can't stop rubberbanding, so even the slowest combos can catch up to a speed demon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Slick tires aren't hard to use at all. All you have to do really is just time your drifts. The only place for me where it messes me up is Neo Bowser City. But I've decided to switch those tires for the Red Monster.
The Slick, Gold, Monster, and Red Monster tires offer the same handling boost of -1.25, so one would think that they'd all operate in similar ways. Of course, the latter two would obviously win in the off-road department.

In a way, the Monster and Red Monster could just be practice for bringing out the big guns, but I guess the Slick's (and Gold's) -2.75 stat total would make you think otherwise.

In the end, however, all that matters is how you handle the wheels.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Slick Tires are da bess, and Air, Neo Bowser City is cake, spend 15 mins on it in TTs and you'll be flying through the turns in no time.

BSP

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I had to del. my skype folder because I couldn't really see messages for some reason.

So if one of you doesn't mind, re add me; or if I'm still there, please delete my from the convo and then re-add me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You'll need hippo or cam to do that, Ill try and call their attention to it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can't get back on my skype for **** because I can't remember the password (I've changed 2 months ago so I can forget it
and make another skype [but now I don't want to forget and continue on the skype account]). :mad:

And I now I think I'll have to forget buying 3DS+MK7 since I can't afford it.
I got 70 dollars, enough to get a wii remote plus and SS but I don't know.

The Wii U is coming soon and I have no idea what I should do. :urg:

BSP

Smash Legend
Get more $$$

Gah, it bugs me when people say the stats don't matter >__________>

IDK why it bugs me so much

It'd be nice if someone would join me in MKW for free play night. Just for a few races. If not, I'll go to brawl I guess.

Gah, the way I see it, unless the someone is using a mushroom (and they're right behind you), your stats are making a difference in your lead gaining/opponents gaining; and since you aren't being hit 100% of the time, and you don't have a mushroom 100% of the time, they're going to matter :urg:

BSP

Smash Legend
Welp...

looks like I have to out of that tournament. Can't even get above 7000 LOL.
Funky or Daisy man

And just getting better in general. Racing better people helps, because you learn what tactics work and don't work quickly.

And Mr. Doom, you don't trust me? :c

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't get back on my skype for **** because I can't remember the password (I've changed 2 months ago so I can forget it
and make another skype [but now I don't want to forget and continue on the skype account]). :mad:

And I now I think I'll have to forget buying 3DS+MK7 since I can't afford it.
I got 70 dollars, enough to get a wii remote plus and SS but I don't know.

The Wii U is coming soon and I have no idea what I should do. :urg:
You could always get the Wii MotionPlus instead, since it's less expensive than the Wii Remote Plus.

Anyway, I'm pretty much all Wii Wheel with Mario Kart Wii.

BSP

Smash Legend
Not saying I didn't. So, it looks like we're almost on equal ground. Now get combo'd off the track like I did and I'll call it a day.
I bet that's coming soon enough lol

One time, someone was being a jerk and star combo'd me into the lava on BC3 :awesome:

And you guys know what's been bugging me a lot? When a blue is coming and you're going to a jump, but it's too late for you to slow down and you get bombed over nothing, or while extremely high above the ground, losing even more time.

Oh, and I think having 3 stars makes hackers and jerks target you....

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Me and thefirstpoppybro want to join the mk7 tourney.
1848-1876-3249 (champ/me)
2449-4708-5381 (Jacob/him)

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Sweet, more faces :bee:

That reminds me, you MK7 people should check out AiB. I see people posting about it all the time.

I'll direct them here too.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I actually have rechargable batteries, but my sister lost 1 so there's only 3 >__> But I still use Gamecube controller because: 1. I can't play while I wait for the other 2 batteries to charge anymore and 2. I'm better with the GC controller anyways :p

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
For all you new people, tonight is a light house free play night, Ill talk to gashi and we can do some mk7 races tonight :)
If we get enough people we will play in the smashboards community.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I see some people I know and some I don't! Hello
Joey and airgemini and vinyl!

I might join in tonight if I'm able. In either case here's my 3DS fc:
1203-9780-5955

Top Bottom