• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
That means Final probably beat me. Oh well. I was happy with the first half of the cups

Sariku

Smash Master
1ST. AirGemini - 279
2ND. kinghippo99 - 249
3RD. brickbox - 231
4TH. Sariku - 227
5TH. Gatlin - 198
6TH. Ulises3000 - 195
7TH. Final63 - 174
8TH. SuperMetroid44 - 172
9TH. Z'zgashi - 151
10TH. Link2TheLost90 - 113
11TH. PhantomGamer - 104
12TH. RabbiPanda - 60 [only played one week]
13TH. Camero1 - 36 [only played one week]

Congratulations, AirGemini, for winning not only his second tournament hosted by SmashWorldForums, but also the second consecutive anything goes Grand Prix. He's two for two, and he may very well be unbeatable (until Shok or Thino comes back)!

I'd also like to thank every single one of you who showed up in the IRC Chatroom (gamesurge.net, #SWFMKWii) during the event. Again, we do not plan to use this all the time, but at least during all of the tournaments that are hosted. I would like to say that IRC may have saved us a lot of time due to how the event started, which I would like to address...

I'm sorry for all of the disconnections that happened to you guys, but I'm more sorry for the issue that happened during the third race. For those who don't remember or weren't there, Ulises3000 accidentally chose the wrong map and it happened to choose his. Because of this, we had to begin the cup again and the previous scores did not count. This may have been the reason Gatlin did badly during the cups just because it could have been demotivational for him. Personally, it helped people like me and Box as we had 5-6 points by that time and when we restarted, we were placing high.

This is something I want to try to avoid happening. If we can come up with rules around this happening, I would like that, but until then... if we play on the wrong map, we will restart the cup. If we play on a map OUT of order (but inside the correct cup), we will keep playing and just choose the map skipped the next time. Technically, we could do this at any point, but it would be difficult if someone wasn't in IRC or the boards with us. We'll just have to keep talking about this scenario.

Congratulations to all, and our next event will be in two weeks, on May 22nd. Be sure to invite everyone you know, as we will be hosting two different rooms this time, which means that more than 12 people can play.

Congrats again!

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Good job air :D
Yay 3rd :3
I say if a the person who picks the wrong map(if that map is chosen) should get -5 points
No shoutouts? :(

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Good games, everybody. One day I'll beat Air. Maybe when everybody stops mucking up my race /johns

Sariku

Smash Master
Good job air :D
Yay 3rd :3
I say if a the person who picks the wrong map(if that map is chosen) should get -5 points
No shoutouts? :(
ACTUALLY... wasn't that one of the rules at first?

/me goes to check.

I don't see it in my rules, but I thought I did that. Maybe that was only for tag team tournament? lol. I may implement something like that soon.

But even if Ulises had to lose 20 points, he wouldn't move down in placements, so I won't bother subtracting anything this time.

BUT if I do think anyone is choosing the wrong maps on purpose... It could be bad for you.

-Final-

Aria♪
Step it up, Z'zgashi. I got DCd three times total and still beat you by 23 points. I'll beat you in the IRL tourney next week at this rate. :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, no effing way, i **** when I can't be hit by blue shells and lightning bolts.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Also yay, didn't have time to view the scores until now. Good game, good game, good **** Air. I kept my place from the last tourney :).

Fun fun.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I can't believe I placed top three......wiiwheel+baby weegee did it......not me

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why don't we have a kind of thing where we pick a course, and we all try to beat each others times on that course there, then we can switch courses every week or so.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
That's is a pretty good idea, I'm still gonna try to beat Gatlins RR time though

Everyone do RR :O

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Haha it's funny cuz Box, I only beat you by like .136 seconds, I was literally screaming "GO GO GO GO" at the TV cuz your ghost was right behind me. I like Z'z's idea, It'd help me actually get appropriate times for each course as opposed to having some where I did auto+wheel+diddy.

Sariku

Smash Master
If you guys are seriously up for this, I can set up a 32 week set up which covers each course. I can choose randomly, since if we vote for it all of the good courses will be chosen first..?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Haha it's funny cuz Box, I only beat you by like .136 seconds, I was literally screaming "GO GO GO GO" at the TV cuz your ghost was right behind me.
Lol XD
That's hilarious XD I'll do my best to beat that time

Top Bottom