• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Sariku

Smash Master
Right now- I am planning this with all of you having camera access of some kind in mind. If you don't have this, then you are at a severe disadvantage and your times rely on Nintendo WiFi updated your time on my Wii by the time limit, otherwise you're out of luck.

So I want to make sure all of you who would compete have camera access.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I do but I don't have comp access to upload them :(
So I'll have to use wi-fail

This thing should be simple, otherwise people won't wanna participate

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Box, do you know how long the times on the channel take to update?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
If I could use my phone to email I would just email them to my touch and upload them from that D:
My phone can't email :/
Can't I just post my time?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bix doesn't lie though :o

I have access... Kind of... Will a picture showing the time do?

Gatlin

Welllll, it would have to depend on a lot on trust to simply say the time. It would definitely be tempting to lie say you were within milliseconds of beating someone. There really is no other way to show proof other than a picture, or relying on the MK Channel to update (which still hasn't).

Sariku

Smash Master
Bix doesn't lie though :o

I have access... Kind of... Will a picture showing the time do?
I don't think Box would ever lie. I like box a lot. But I think everyone can agree that having a photo of a top time would be the most perfered method, and then having one guy just post a time, especially if he's top, may be questionable to some people.

I'm still working out the kinks.

But yes, I'm hoping to get a picture of time. I'm thinking of doing this for 18 weeks, two courses a week, and giving the "title" to the person with the best lap time and the best total time.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I can't do 2 a week, barely have time to get on my wii 2 times a week. D: (how do you guys have so much time D: )

And I won't lie(I will do my best to somehow upload pics though) but if I don't get them uploaded you will just have to put"waiting for confirmation" or something like that next to my time.

These are my circumstances.....don't change the way your gonna do it for me, I'll follow the rules best I can, don't change them for me

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I know for a fact Bix doesn't lie, but Box is a different story.

:p lol, jk. And is there a way to send people your ghost records with the time and everything? Cuz if so, maybe I could take pictures of the times, just wondering. ;O

Gatlin

You are able to send "Ghost Challenges" to people, which is what Box and I have been doing. It sends the time, as well as the ghost (I'm not sure if it downloads and is accessible, or if you just have the opportunity to race it by accepting the challenge) but it will give a clear view of what character / vehicle the person used (As if it's not obvious ;))

Gatlin

Mmm, yeah that's a good idea. I know you have access to their replay once the challenge is sent seeing as I remember watching one Box sent me. You should run that idea by Sariku :bee:

Sariku

Smash Master
Of course that would be allowed. In fact, that's pretty much the reason I said that you then have to rely on Nintendo WiFi connection.

Thino

Smash Master
oh you guys are doing a weekly TT challenge? crap Im already missing RR, well I hope I'll be on time for MC3, DH and DKJP

Sariku

Smash Master
oh you guys are doing a weekly TT challenge? crap Im already missing RR, well I hope I'll be on time for MC3, DH and DKJP
We have not started any of the 32 maps yet. They are only doing it between themselves.

SWF will be doing a random course or two each week starting very soon, possibly today.

Gatlin

It is pretty much the time limit, and lack of people wanting to do certain courses that makes it complicated. Guaranteed like no one would do SGB if it was free choice.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
We can do it in cup order, or use a randomizer and the first 2 courses on the randomizer are chosen, we can do this every week.

That's what I think anyway.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We need to choose a stage so I have something to do >:/

And I'm using Daisy for this, no cheep *** Funky Kong for me.

Sariku

Smash Master
Do what Box said.

But I have a question Box. is two maps a week REALLY that hard for you? I'd rather it be 18 weeks than 32.

But NVM, I think 32 may work. I can get 32 done by the end of the year.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
How about 2 if there is a short track involved and 1 if it's a long track?
@air
It's just TTs :3

Top Bottom