• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
That's great! If so, I guess coming up once a month wouldn't be hard. As long as it's nowhere further than UTS it is close enough. Sure hope to fight your Kirby at some point too.

Dedu

Smash Lord
we've got 15 ppl registered with over a month still to go; hope people keep joining at this rate =D.
And I'm still working on trying to get more people involved in the next tourney. Especially at the EGG on friday arvos. Heh heh...

I'm thinking of holding a smash open day before the tourney btw - something like you pay $5, and play smash all day with a free bbq lunch. what do you think?
Great Idea. Tournaments often have practise days before the main day so that everyone is ready and raring to go when the tournaments start. Its also a good way for new people to meet each other under a fun atmosphere, not a serious one!

Yay! Good stuff Jaz! Great to see NSW is taking off.
Ha ha. Everyone keeps referring to Jaz when they heard Sydney was finally taking off! Jaz did help promote it but in fact it was Comrades that helped tournaments finally start in Sydney! <3 to CAO.

S3 would be good... Banner for S3 Jaz! Seeing how all other tourneys were SEAT and SQUAT, this one ought to be S3!

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
make it stand for 'sydney smash scene' ; that way we're all s3-ers. it's almost like E3 (lol)

i'm happy to run the ssbm open day - will you guys all show?

(edit: dammit, why am i still a 'smash n00b'?)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ok, so if I were to come between march 30 and april 2, would I able to be housed for some of it and would there be any smash going on? im coming up with a bunch of college students, but everyone's got their own agenda, including myself :'(:'(:'( plz plz plz throw a biweekly or something :006: lol

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
probably not, but EGG does hold 'consoles on the concourse' at uts from 12 to 6ish every friday so you might be able to pop in for that and get some smash in with people.
unless, of course, that people want me to book something?

otherwise, i've got the 8th confirmed for a smash open day so what do people think?

Jaz

Smash Ace
S3 sounds pretty boring, but very proffesional, it is a democracy after all... however we're naming a tournament here, not a scene, though it is a catchy name... :p

dedu... buddy i have been trying to get a sydney smash scene goin for a very long time it would have saved me a fortune in plane tickets after all, and the main reason its starting in sydney isn't just because of a hightened attendance at CoA, its EGG's input, and people like yourself and funky that are prepared to travel, and people like Zereul and Kulla who are putting there hands up to host things
well not Z anymore, but if it weren't for Z, Sydney smash wouldn't be where it is today.

Sydney has to have more than one tournament, represent in a crew battle in an official tournament at state level atleast before it can start thanking people for helping it along. untill than, it doesn't exist!

Besides the first people that should be thanked for starting it are sydney smashers anyway, we <3 Cao's tourney, but not that much. I could host you at my mothers place i'll check to see what she's up to, on the negative side, my dad may be moving than so... yeah...

S3.... well it sounds a whole lot better than triple S XD (sloth and got drunk, i nearly did... long story)

8th is fine with me ^_^

S3 it is!

BIG REMINDER OF BIWEEKLY THIS WEEK AT KULLAS WHO IS COMING?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
People to thank in Sydney:
Everyone - For doing what they did to make things the way they are today. Everybody does their bit. Shaz taught me this; he can be my new obi wan

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
jaz is right, let's not jump the gun. if we can pull a full 32-man bracket for this next tourney then we're in business. *cough* bring your friends *cough*

okay, listen up!

*** SSBM OPEN DAY - SATURDAY MARCH 31 ***

Time: 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Cost: $5, lunch included!!! (BBQ + drinks)
What: umm, smash?

Once again, signups at http://php.egg.org.au/signups/?id=4. PLEASE REGISTER, I need numbers for catering.
It's open to everyone, so please spam this to all your friends - every bit helps the smash scene!
If you've got a GC/Wii and/or SSBM, please bring it. oh, and BYO controller, but we'll have plenty of spares since it's only a practice day.
if i've missed something, post and i'll answer it.

Jaz

Smash Ace
LOL well put, very caring approach

I promise that the only way you will get better at smash is if you verse ALOT of new people
i mean alot.
So if your busy thats fine, but if you have a choice, have some fun with us ^_^

and M0nk3y, he likes to shout <3

Announcment

Jaz and Kulla will be attending 'consoles on the concourse' at UTS to play smash and hopefully GH2!

hope to see all who can there! starts at 12 ends 6ish

this will replace this weeks biweeklies as no one has got back to me on attendance

A thought: many of us are busy on the weekends and some are not, if one who is not would set up biweekends or something, this could get more people involved...

just throwing that out there

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
and M0nk3y, he likes to shout <3
....Or type really in really big font. Alright there is a good chance I can attend but I'm not willing to put my name down just yet. Is there a deadline for that?

EDIT: wow, I didn't really count on it actually being called S3.

Dedu

Smash Lord
STOP BEING LAZY
That one made me laugh! :laugh: ROFL :laugh: LMAO :laugh:

I'm trying to set up a meet at my place this weekend but my parents are constantly shuffling the saturdays/sundays around with their 'plans' so I don't know which day is good for a meet. If its going to be on this weekend, I'll add in further posts how to get to mosman and what time it starts and finishes. One thing for sure - if you're able to come, I'll pick u up from cremorne point wharf.

w00t! Date changed to the 31st of April. Can come! YAY! ^_^_^_^_^

I'm going to EGG this friday from 3 - 4 onwards. Work is so nice to let me out early on fridays. <333 work.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
Alright there is a good chance I can attend but I'm not willing to put my name down just yet. Is there a deadline for that?
You know how on the signup page people are labelled as 'Tentative'? That means that people aren't 100% sure that they'll be there. So go signup tentatively.
I'd prefer it to be all done by the end of the month, but I'll probably order a few sausages, etc. extra so it's all good I suppose.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I haven't actually been on that yet, but yeah I'll sign up now. How is it in terms of prize? Not that I'm too confident of winning or anything. Jaz will probably clean me up if we face off...

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
for which? the open day or the tourney itself?
the open day's basically a practice day; no tourney play. the money goes to giving you guys a nice bbq lunch and drinks, and it helps build publicity for the actual tourney.
the tourney itself has a minimum $100 cas prize pool that EGG will supplement if need be (eg to round it up to $150, $200, etc).

Jaz

Smash Ace
hey brinto... can i gtet some contact details for the list?

and can we make the open day for the 31st of march or 1st of april? as CAOTIC on of the elite Australian smashers will be in the state. So you get to see me get pwned and more awesome smash

win win.

So is it possible Brinton?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'm talking 'bout the tourney, sorry, can't come to the open day. Though I can tell my few Smash playing friends to sign up for that if they are interested though.

EDIT: Jaz, thinking of you fighting CAO depresses me as I won't be there to watch.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
....Or type really in really big font. Alright there is a good chance I can attend but I'm not willing to put my name down just yet. Is there a deadline for that?

EDIT: wow, I didn't really count on it actually being called S3.
hey brinto... can i gtet some contact details for the list?

and can we make the open day for the 31st of march or 1st of april? as CAOTIC on of the elite Australian smashers will be in the state. So you get to see me get pwned and more awesome smash

win win.

So is it possible Brinton?
yes - i'll talk to the union tomorrow but it shouldn't be a problem - it'll most likely be the 31st cause i'm running a tekken 5 tourney on the 1st.

what contact details did you need?

EDIT: Open day changed! March 31st it is, barring major catastrophies.

EDIT: In case people still don't know how the signup page works:

Status: Unverified (hidden) --> Tentative (not 100%) --> Confirmed (I'm there).
You need to verify your email address so I know it's not some random spam rego.

Bjay

Smash Lord
31st March, Sunday.

Hmm, I hope I am not working. :D

Otherwise so far I am free

$5 for Smash and lunch all day?

Man that is "sa-weet!"

I am in so far!
Yum!

PS: I am lazy ;)

PSS: Brent, I wanna kick yo' ***!

PSSS: My Smash Profile:

Lazy Lobstar

Name: Bjay
Mains: Peach + ???

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
now other people follow suit - if 10 people don't sign up by the end of the week (even tentatively) i may have to cancel the open day.

Bjay

Smash Lord
now other people follow suit - if 10 people don't sign up by the end of the week (even tentatively) i may have to cancel the open day.
I hope a lot of people read your latest post on minimum of 10 people >_>

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
I hope a lot of people read your latest post on minimum of 10 people >_>
i've posted this 4 different times on different forums, and there's over 300 views of it in total so hopefully they do.

Bjay

Smash Lord
i've posted this 4 different times on different forums, and there's over 300 views of it in total so hopefully they do.
People better lol,

I am actually looking forward to this Open Day. ;)

Especially since it is so near.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Ha ha!

Hope the open day thing does reach a minimum of 10 ppl... If it doesn't I'll blame it on ppl not doing the one thing needed for the meet to work -
Stop being lazy
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
I'll pitch in to help get more ppl aware of the smash meet on the 31st of March.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
**** right! and why haven't jaz and caotic signed up yet? they wnated it on the 31st! XD

Bjay

Smash Lord
...Busy people? and/or not online? ;)

Btw who ever is going to the biweeklies this Friday on the 23rd, I cannot make it as I am working on Fridays >_>

yeah the lazy got a job...

Shocker.

Bjay

Smash Lord
You sound surprised, I thought we already had some, sort of including me because I play almost every character, except Yoshi, Link, and Samus because I hate them for some reason.
Not surprised, just a lack of Kirby players. :p

I lost to Jaz when he used Kirby in the singles, in the 2nd round

which sent me to the losers bracket already :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Not surprised, just a lack of Kirby players. :p

I lost to Jaz when he used Kirby in the singles, in the 2nd round

which sent me to the losers bracket already :p
Hey I was wondering how you ended up down there, of course, I got beat by Berimbau which is my excuse for being in the losers bracket. Hopefuly things should be better for me next tourney. A while ago (actually before the tournament), I took up Doc and G&W. I plan to use at least one of them in the next tourney. Also, I'll bring back my Falco if we face again. :laugh:

Top Bottom