• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syler's Melee Tri-weeklies in Tacoma, WA Postponed for now?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
So... uhh... was the 25th of this month fine for most of you, i don't think i got an accurate count or anything?

I reserved the room already but i can cancel it if it doesn't work out for m ost of you.

D

Deleted member

to be honest it's not fair to simply add another up and coming for nate, even though we know he's good. just wait it out, he'll probably make it on there anyway.

edit: LOL WRONG THREAD

Syler

Smash Journeyman
well i guess i got notice last night that most of UW isn't coming, and just figured in 2 weeks would be a lot better, plus more time for hype.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So may 9th. We will try not to be little *****es and cop out this time.

Sorry about that.

Everyone should go to Gameclucks this saturday for meleeee!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveRice

Smash Apprentice
Im trying to go to Gameclucks this saturday i was gonna ask you for a ride kline but arent you going to SFU.

I got one though so its cool, hopefully ill play you again. Like during tourney play or something since i can't go to syler's I got Relay for life.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im trying to go to Gameclucks this saturday i was gonna ask you for a ride kline but arent you going to SFU.

I got one though so its cool, hopefully ill play you again. Like during tourney play or something since i can't go to syler's I got Relay for life.
Nobody else is goin to SFU so Im probably just gonna go to gameclucks. We can play up there if I make it

C!Z

Smash Lord
So Minty has her tourney on this day as well. Shane is goin there but I would prefer to come to this if people are plannin to show up. So could we try n get a head count that would be cool.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I don't see why western washington doubles up on tournaments so often. It's quite silly, really. (rhymed)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
There is just a big spilt between ppl from the north and south. With the exception of a few we dont make it to eachothers tourneys.

Syler has moved this thing like 4 times and he shouldnt be getting **** for which day its on. He usually doesnt schedule on same days as WA tourneys but some of us like to travel and he moves his often for uw not wanting to go or ppl saying theyll be out for another tourney.

He cant account for tourneys in every country and state.

Alot of the melee only players dont seem to go to any tourneys with brawl attendance and the brawl players obviously dont come to melee only tourneys. Either we can try to do something to fix it like just everyone ****ing commit no johns or we quit *****ing about it and just accept it.

like 3/4 of the ppl goin to sylers were never thinking about goin to mintys tourney so its splitting attendance by saying eggz cant win both.

Everyone in WA needs to go to the DOL and get a license cuz it seems like nobody can ****ing drive get a summer job and buy a beater.

Plan on ppl attending sylers so everyone who can should come to this.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you already said that on the phone

and your still wrong and dumb but idc
im just sending otto LOL
**** that ****. You already agreed with me during our phone conversation, in which I forgot we had lol.

And, ****s still true. He doesnt have to cancel a tri weekly for 3 weeks straight.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Pretty sure he just asked if could be switched, nothin to make you freak as much as you are.
Im not responding directly to the thread. It was a general statement based off inperson and over the phone conversations.

Its just something that happens alot. Syler keeps getting **** for hosting his tri weeklies on certain days when he really shouldnt. He cancels hella because of uw attendance and **** like umm im shane and ill be in canada, oregon, cali, wherever. host it when I get back

[not throwing **** at u shane, just sayin]

Eggz

Smash Hero
They aren't tri weeklies, they're more of wheneversies but the whenever usually falls on other tournament dates. Move it for other in state tourneys, not random OOS tourneys none of us are going to or one person being sick.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I actually tried to make it tri-weeklies, i throw in an extra one if it's been canceled a lot or w/e (which seems to happen a lot cuz of other tournies or other reasons). But yes i TRY to make it tri-weeklies within reason, but since i haven't had one in about 6 weeks now im throwing this one, but like i said before i'll do another one within the next 2 weeks to make up for the other 5-6 weeks i've missed x_X (plus i need to talk to the school if im allowed to host tournies during the summer).

Anyways glad to see people wanna come to this, i'll probably start the tourney around noon since any earlier is a lil too much for everyone.

P.S. Vish you owe me a best 3 out of 5 >_>

And if you try to avoid me i'll rig the brackets to play you right off the bat (yeah i said it!!) LOL

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
They aren't tri weeklies, they're more of wheneversies but the whenever usually falls on other tournament dates. Move it for other in state tourneys, not random OOS tourneys none of us are going to or one person being sick.
Come on Eggz lol. He moved it for **** like Mango juice, Tri Smash, that other Canada tourney we went to, and NPC cuz Grunt thinks he lives in Oregon.

Speaking of them lets see if anyof them are interested in coming.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Syler-How much is the entry fee, do you have a headcount, etc lol.

Silent wolf, peter, and tonry probably arent gonna come. Otto wants to make cash atm lol. and he wanted 10$ entry fees.

Just asking but dont change it unless thats the consensus. I think most ppl just wanna smash this time

Syler

Smash Journeyman
K last minute change, the room is 202 now same building and it's the same ent, and instead of going up the elevator it'll be the room almost directly infront of you next to the stairs, (the original one we had back in november) Anyways if you got questions, you guys have my number.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was fun, and special thanks to Kline for picking up the peeps from UPS and always giving people rides.
And dammit someone needs to help teach me how to l-cancel and do **** like mutiple fairs with marth, or **** with jiggs etc. x_X
Oh and it was fun actually getting to play you ciz, i think i've played you like maybe only 2 matches before yesterday, though i only played you in a set it was really fun.

P.S. i'll take ppa0 out for sure next time >_> lol

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah it was fun, I wasn't expectin Jiggs at all haha. I'm usually always down to play as long as you come to me or if somethin could be worked out I could make trips idk lol. Yeah so many new faces with some skill, always good to see. Gg's Panda, I like some of your tech chase stuff.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Well i tend to use a lot of chars, and i see you as a much better version of me at my best with l-canceling skills and exp x_X, so i didn't know what to do but pick jiggs (cuz people have problems with her i guess), you still ***** my **** though, but that was expected yet still fun (no homo). I never really talked to you much so i didn't know how cool of a guy you were, just that your shiek and marth *****. But yeah we'll have to get together more often for smash sometime.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm friendly as long as the person doesn't think they're cooler than they are lol. You should do that tourney this weekend cuz it sounds like a bueno plan.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
ggz everyone, c!z u r hella good, hope to have another rematch soon

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Well, i was going to give 2 weeks notice to build hype and ****, but if we get enough people by this weekend i got nps with making it on the 16th.

Top Bottom